The OMG It is 2017 This thread's end is Nigh Complaint Thread.

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Tjohn said:
    MistyMist said:

haven't found the last place yet

there was a cartoon doggie, he was so happy over his doggie snack he would do like a funky dance

isn't Muttley

Snuffles

snuffles the one!  thanks

that feeling heart happiness 

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

There are gas problems here.   Yesterday I saw the gas station near my house did not have any gas.

wuh oh  i cant walk to work is 25 miles

I cannot walk to work as it is not safe.  I think I am able to but it would require walking with no sidewalks and then crossing a busy street with no cross walks

I am getting sleepy.  Yawn!  I am getting sleepy, oh wait did I just repeat myself?

you did. smiley

now i'se yawning. seeing someone yawn makes me yawn, dog yawns especially powerful

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:

I am so tired.  I want to take a nap. 

grumpy cat  cool

Iz a bad hair day alright.

Finished work early today *WIN* On the downside started real early today *YAWN*

I am getting sleepy.  Yawn!  I am getting sleepy, oh wait did I just repeat myself?

Is only mid day here and I"m yawning already. Started at 0300 tho, must be time for moar coffee

This discussion was created from comments split from: My Lease Is Nearly Up On The Complaint Thread.

Huh?

rantworthy \0/\0/\0/

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514

This discussion was created from comments split from: My Lease Is Nearly Up On The Complaint Thread.

Complaint: and this post was from the second attempt to split KK's post from the old thread, as the first attempt left it behind. Still, oil swell that end swell...

...I wondered what happened. So apparently the thread rolled over some 39 hours ago (sometime Tuesday morning here) but never got locked for almost a day and a half.as the last post I remember before mine was Stryder 87's "Green Eggs and Ham" one.

Wow I feel like Gene Wylder's character in Silver Streak.

MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:

I am so tired.  I want to take a nap. 

grumpy cat  cool

...the real one.

McGyver said:

how can I find something when I forgot what I am looking for?

Statistics show that most of us stop looking for things after we find them.  So, I suggest if you stop looking for whatever it was that you were looking for you will discover that you've already found it.  Problem solved.  You're welcome.

It was a tutorial I was looking for and I found it but all that searching made me exhausted so I did not watch it.

I find way too many (video) tutorials to be excellent sleep aids... Or the cause of serious frustration.

I want to know how to weld a vertex in a particular program, so after watching five fifteen minute long videos that don't really show what they claim they'll show, I find one that does... Sorta... But it's twenty minutes long and by the time the guy gets to the point after having gone through the history of the tool and why he likes his tablet pen, he finally gets to the point I started watching for... For the whole video he was talking like droopy dog, but then suddenly the caffeine from what I can only guess was 12 double espressos kicks in and he starts zipping the cursor around here and there and talking a mile a minute and BAM... "So that's it... Hope you like the video!...." 

I'm already partly brainlocked and numb from the previous videos, but that just shuts my brain down completely... I keep trying to reverse to the point where he starts explaining what I need to know, but being a YouTube video it either goes way before or way after, and being near the end it keeps going to the next video if I go too far and when it does I have to start over and then I have to wait for the same damn commercial to try and sell me car or cow insurance for the mandatory first couple of seconds which is just sealing the deal that I now hate the insurance company and will never buy their cow insurance... 

Why does the simplest thing have to be a video?  

Once upon a time people wrote stuff instead of creating videos for everything.

How to weld a vertex in Slappy3D:  Select vertices to weld... In the menu bar at top of screen, go to- OPTIONS... In drop down menu go to- GLUE... In that drop down click - JOIN... In that drop down- JOIN VERTICES... 

Slappy3D is not real but a metaphor for most software (especially paid) that comes sans instructions, or long ago let their tutorial links expire and now rely on YouTube to solve their instructional needs

One does not need a fifteen minute long video that covers turning on the computer (seriously, one guy actually starts the video without having the program open... And then it won't open right away and he is puzzled by that), to do one simple thing that is less then a paragraph of info.

Why is it that as technology becomes more powerful and holds the potential to improve our lives and make information, and learning, better and smoother, humans take those gains and potential and muck it up so as its either hardly better then before or just plain complicated and terrible... ?

We are going to be so screwed eventually... Sometimes I see the laziness of people manifest in certain ways and it's not so hard to envision the evolution and consequences of certain behaviors... The Twittery textspeak and YouTubish desire to forego written explanations, makes me wonder what language will be like in a hundred years... Will at some not too distant point everything become abbreviations, icons and videos? Will only handfuls of "traditionalists" even bother to know how to write, and aside from them, just scholars, scientists and tech-elite will be the only ones to hold these skills... And the "common man" will just go the path of least resistance, letting technology hold his hand for everything... It's gonna really suck should a solar EMP or some disaster take away that technology... It'll be a new Dark Ages, while society reorganizes.

Ooooh... I found pound cake! Gotta go!

...totally on board with this.  On top of many poorly produced videos I have short term memory issues which require a lot of viewing the video over and over and over and over again and again and again....

I fear we are moving to a Farenheit 451 society but without the book burning. Books will just be forgotten about to collect dust and cobwebs on disused library shelves, employed as doorstops, and used for booster seats for kids at the holiday table.

Egad's I must be a relic as I still know both the Dewey Decimal and Library of Congress cataloguing system.

I remember margarine. (*gag*)  Even here in the US when I was young.  I had no choice it's what mom bought.  It's what I thought was "normal".  Then I ate at a friends house and had butter and realized what crap margarine is.  I could believe that it was not butter. 

Now 60+ years later I love butter.  I don't put it on bread or toast and I don't eat a lot of stuff that requires it but when I do it's butter, unsalted butter.  It's the only thing I use except for cooking oils. 

...when I was growing up in Wisconsin yellow Margerine (called Oleo back then) was banned.  I remember seeing huge signs at places along the Illinios state line with jsut the word "Oleo" on them. The only margerine that could be sold in the state had to contain no food colouring to make it look like butter and it was taxed at 15¢ per pound.

Indeed, what was what was known as the Wisconsin Oleo War "raged" for 72 years which came to an  end in 1967 when the state finally alowed yellow coloured margirine to be sold (though a tax of 5¢ per pound remained).

I cannot walk to work as it is not safe.  I think I am able to but it would require walking with no sidewalks and then crossing a busy street with no cross walks

...sounds like much of the burbs here in Portland which is why I could never live out there. I like being able to walk to the market, to the pub, to the park, and meeting with friends without being run over..

• Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109

Rise and shine. smiley

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991

First day of fall Google Doodle.

Is it really the first day of fall?

• Excuse me while I strain my brain to grok this:

Found this in a web advertisement today.  I present the "Hamdog" surprise

Nope, can't do it.  Need to go lie down. sad

Hamdog.jpg
    780 x 438 - 62K

aint nuthin but a hamdog cryin all the time 

edited September 2016

Yoshi luv heart

Post edited by Mistara on

Excuse me while I strain my brain to grok this:

Hotburger. cheeky

edited September 2016

Excuse me while I strain my brain to grok this:

That hybrid makes me want to take it by the tail and sling it like a pinwheel.

I need a very confused icon.

OK, got it.  It's part of a starfish. :-)

Post edited by Jan19 on

Hamdingers!

Do I need to explain how I got my username?

edited September 2016

hungreeee  meatloaf and mash cookin

feed me seeemor

Post edited by Mistara on
  • My game finally stopped crashing when I reduced the resolution and switched the game to window mode.  I also turned of antiscopic sharpening, I think that is the name. I guess the graphics engine puts too much stress on my AMD R7 200.

I keep hanging up on hulu support.

Do I need to explain how I got my username?

You ate Little Red Riding Hood?

Hulu or Netflix?  which one should I choose?

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,139
    edited September 2016

Hulu or Netflix?  which one should I choose?

I'm quite happy with Netflix. 

I was disappointed with Hulu.  I watch them on my Panasonic SmartTV but Hulu kept causing it to freeze up.  Netflix doesn't.

(HOWEVER,... there is a problem with Netflix audio on some Panasonic TVs.  You have to manually select the "PCM" Digital Audio Out option, instead of "Automatic".  Even if it is already on "PCM" you have to switch it to "Auto" then back to "PCM".  Otherwise it makes a loud "motorboat" sound.  A problem, but apparently limited to only some Panasonic TVs  But Netflix itself also seems to have a more user friendly way to keep track of where you are in which programs so that you can come back anytime after logging off and pick up where you left off of any program.  Hulu, not so much.)

The nice thing is they both have more content than you need.  And if you get tired of one, you can stop paying the $10/month to one, and give it to the other.  No need to have both and keep switching back and forth.  Unless of course you simply have to have twice as many options that you still won't be able to watch twice as fast.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
This discussion has been closed.