CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK II

Comments

• CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    I found a site that has a lot of old cars. I got a 62 Plymouth Savoy, a 48 Ford coupe, a 58 plymouth Fury, a 48 Tucker Tornado, a 38 Buick coupe, and a 54 Airstream stainless trailer complete with the old wooden interior.

:-)

Which site was that?

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Heres another 40 Ford coupe, off one of the GTA sites, this is the Deluxe Coupe, a little different from the Standard Coupe available from N7, but this mesh is really nice too!

I have that. When converted in ZModeler, it was screwed up. So, after seeing you do it in Blender, I installed Blender. Imported the file but when I exported it as and obj, it saved the materials different than ZModeler does. Blender saved about a hundred different material files and I couldn't make heads or tails about that was what. ZModeler doesn't do that, there are only about a dozen material files and it's easy to tell that is what.

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:
    Heres another 40 Ford coupe, off one of the GTA sites, this is the Deluxe Coupe, a little different from the Standard Coupe available from N7, but this mesh is really nice too!

I have that. When converted in ZModeler, it was screwed up. So, after seeing you do it in Blender, I installed Blender. Imported the file but when I exported it as and obj, it saved the materials different than ZModeler does. Blender saved about a hundred different material files and I couldn't make heads or tails about that was what. ZModeler doesn't do that, there are only about a dozen material files and it's easy to tell that is what.

Yep, thats how the mat files are when Blender exports a model, however, I like to export and use directly in DS, I know a lot folks like to run everything through Poseray, doing that will lock in the textures that you saw in Blender, also, if you highlight the whole model, and then hit Alt+H, that will bring up all the DAM files, you will of course, want to get rid of those, unless you want a wreck, then you would want to delete the straight files, and move all the wrecked parts into place, that is, when they aren't in place!

edited December 1969

I guess I got off track, I like to use a white mesh, this way when I import it into DS, I open the surfaces tab, click on the color chart, then I use a really off color, like lime green, or bright green, whatever they call it, that will highlight the part I want to color, then I move the shader I want to use for that color, or I create a custom color, like for the whitewalls for the 40 Ford, that mesh was almost as nice as any of Dan Polatnik's meshes, it was very well done.

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:

Yep, thats how the mat files are when Blender exports a model, however, I like to export and use directly in DS, I know a lot folks like to run everything through Poseray, doing that will lock in the textures that you saw in Blender, also, if you highlight the whole model, and then hit Alt+H, that will bring up all the DAM files, you will of course, want to get rid of those, unless you want a wreck, then you would want to delete the straight files, and move all the wrecked parts into place, that is, when they aren't in place!

Oh, I did get rid of the DAM files and the model exported perfectly but, the materials are listed as MAT-hustler-01, and 02, and 03, etc. all the way up to 97. I can't deal with that. I'm more used to the way ZModeler displays the material files.

edited November 2012

Can you pull the obj into Z Modeler?

On the other hand, you can do the textures in the Blender!

Post edited by GLWoodard on
    edited January 2013

betsy662 said:

When I export from Blender and import that in Zmodeler, the mesh is totally screwed up, not just out of place, but screwed.

Zmodeler exports a model with these material files, blender doesn't do that from what I can tell.

Materials.jpg
    868 x 439 - 54K
    Post edited by Cherokee on
    edited December 1969

It does through the MTL, however, what Blender exports for an MTL isn't recognized by DS, maybe not Poser, but if you run it through Poseray, at least the modeling materials would be there, and that can make it easier to fine the various parts to color!

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,248
    edited December 1969

I imported into C4d had the same results so I bounced back and forth between Blender to see the texture file name and then assign it to the material in C4d

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

I import into ZModeler, export to .obj, import that into DS3, then go back to the original texture files I converted from the .txd file, all now .tga files and apply them in the surfaces tab in DS. Most all the cars parts listed in the surfaces tab have the same name as the .tga file for it. And most start from the top and work down. The textures are in the same order. Goes real fast and they always fit perfectly. The only change I have to make is the "ambient" always comes up at 51 and I have to change it to 0 for black. So, I just highlight the name of the part in the surfaces tab, change the 51 to 0 and all of them change in one click. That's it. Then I can play with shaders after an initial save!

After resizing it to fit M4, and centering it on the floor, I then start re-exporting each part as an .obj with Poser scaling to a new .obj file, with the "save maps with object" box checked. In a new folder. I then move that folder to my geometries folder in DS so I know it won't be moved. I then import each part again into DS, and they all fall right into place, scaled and textured. THEN I save it as a DS scene file to work from.

Cool thing is, in DS you can hold shift and highlight all the parts, then hold the ctrl button and click the part you want to export as an .obj, then it will unhighlight, then click delete and all the car will go away except for the part you want to export. Export it, then click edit>undo delete and the entire car will come back. Then do the next part and so forth. Works fine for me.

edited November 2012

Cherokee said:
    music2u4u said:
    I found a site that has a lot of old cars. I got a 62 Plymouth Savoy, a 48 Ford coupe, a 58 plymouth Fury, a 48 Tucker Tornado, a 38 Buick coupe, and a 54 Airstream stainless trailer complete with the old wooden interior.

Which site was that?

This one....a French site, lots of old cars.

http://www.grandtheftauto.fr/downloads/c754,classement-par-marque.php

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:

When I export from Blender and import that in Zmodeler, the mess is totally screwed up, not just out of place, but screwed.

Zmodeler exports a model with there material files, blender doesn't do that from what I can tell.

ermmmm...that's Poseray in the pic.

Materials.jpg
    868 x 439 - 54K
    edited December 1969

I noticed that there are other items you can get on the GTA sites. Not just cars. Here is a real nice Fender Stratocaster I found on one site. I got a nice shotgun too that breaches open, haven't done it yet. This strat has a real nice mesh.

FenderStratocasterDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 74K
    edited December 1969

Makin' Her Ready for the Weekend!

make_her_ready00.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 422K
    edited December 1969

Went to vote today...came home and started converting. Watching the election results tick away...I have converted 25 cars today...lol.

I did find a nice 1941 Willis Drag car. It would not unlock in version 2.6.6, so I opened it in version 2.1.1 then saved it as a .z3d file. Then opened it in version 2.6.6. Gonna hope that the mat zones are ok. Really nice drag car.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Went to vote today...came home and started converting. Watching the election results tick away...I have converted 25 cars today...lol.

I did find a nice 1941 Willis Drag car. It would not unlock in version 2.6.6, so I opened it in version 2.1.1 then saved it as a .z3d file. Then opened it in version 2.6.6. Gonna hope that the mat zones are ok. Really nice drag car.

Hey music,

I got that one and been working on it. It's great. Don't know if you noticed, be some of the internal engine parts are modeled also.

edited December 1969

No I didn't...gonna have to check that out. Nice render would be to have it in the garage with the motor out on a table being rebuilt! Betsy could do wonders with that...lol.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    No I didn't...gonna have to check that out. Nice render would be to have it in the garage with the motor out on a table being rebuilt! Betsy could do wonders with that...lol.

Detailing on this thing is something else. I keep finding more and more parts on this that I've not seen modeled before on other cars.

edited December 1969

Here is my renders of it. The MAT zones are not the best. The windshield and the air cleaner are together, so the opacity is down on the air cleaner. Also all the chrome on the body is with the body part...meps! The wheels also, all together.

Reguardless, it is a nice mesh and this could work as a drag car. Some drag owners will color the parts the same to be different.

1941WillisDragCarDaz4.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 81K
    1941WillisDragCarDaz3.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 59K
    1941WillisDragCarDaz2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 56K
    1941WillisDragCarDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 70K
    edited December 1969

Obviously you need to separate all the parts and make them different parts, I can't use the Willys, its a different file, no .dff, but is a wtf, there simply isn't an addon for Blender for that, and again I find myself in a diffacult situation, yeah, zmodeler lowered their license fee, but again, wasn't able to really do that at this time, however, it is more reachable than it was before!

next_in_the_lineup00.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 394K
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Obviously you need to separate all the parts and make them different parts, I can't use the Willys, its a different file, no .dff, but is a wtf, there simply isn't an addon for Blender for that, and again I find myself in a diffacult situation, yeah, zmodeler lowered their license fee, but again, wasn't able to really do that at this time, however, it is more reachable than it was before!

betsy,

You got the wrong Willys. You got the one for GTA IV. Here the one music and I got.. http://www.gta-worldmods.de/phpkit/start/include.php?path=content/download.php&contentid=4908

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,248
    edited December 1969

WIP of the engine for 41 Ford

ScreenShot011.jpg
    1141 x 933 - 82K
    edited December 1969

Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:

betsy,

You got the wrong Willys. You got the one for GTA IV. Here the one music and I got.. http://www.gta-worldmods.de/phpkit/start/include.php?path=content/download.php&contentid=4908

That explains things, now if I could find the right Hudson!

edited December 1969

Speed Trap!

Speed_Trap01.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 579K
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Cherokee said:
    betsy662 said:

betsy,

That explains things, now if I could find the right Hudson!

It's on the same site... http://www.gta-worldmods.de/phpkit/start/include.php?path=content/download.php&contentid=4947

edited December 1969

Thanks, the first time I downloaded the Hudson, it too was for GTA4, so I knew it wouldn't work, evidently Blender won't load the Willys, even after unlocking it, hopefully I'll have better luck with the Hudson!

edited November 2012

betsy662 said:
    Thanks, the first time I downloaded the Hudson, it too was for GTA4, so I knew it wouldn't work, evidently Blender won't load the Willys, even after unlocking it, hopefully I'll have better luck with the Hudson!

Yeah, you have to keep an eye opend for which version car you are downloading. As for the Willys, even music had to go back to a previous version of ZModeler to import it and save it as a z3d file so he could open it in a newer version. It's message #465

Post edited by Cherokee on
    edited December 1969

I know, and I'm doing it with Blender!

edited December 1969

Catrina and her Hudson!

Catrina_and_her_Hudson02.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 406K
    Catrina_and_her_Hudson01.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 392K
    Catrina_and_her_Hudson01.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 392K
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Catrina and her Hudson!

Cool, you got it. Awesome car and it's looking good here.

This discussion has been closed.