FirstBastion's 2016 Upcoming Lineup [commercial]

Comments

• Another one for the soon column.  Knights Academy

Was looking for the put in cart button.
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,312

There was a discussion about a potential junkyard in another thread,  so I'll offer this pic  as a quick "mix and mash it up"  retasking of existing products in your runtime,  to use for other purposes when you can't find what you need but want something different.  I've always like the experimenting and tearing stuff apart and using in other ways options that 3D provides.

If it triggers some ideas for you  laugh

Quite stunning.  Have you got your hands on Ultrascatter?  I spotted the note about adding more grass instances.

I am planning on picking it up,  but it's exclusively 4.9 and up  and I'm still using 4.6 to build my sets for 3delight. The Iray versions are 4.8  I do have Instances plus.   

The three dimensional grass on the Academy ground is an included preset,  that way people can load it if their computers can handle it.  If people have 16-32 gig system its a non issue,  but  I still build with an 8 gig machine,  again to keep things efficient for slower systems,  if it renders on that it'll render quickly on all the available options.

• Quite stunning.  Have you got your hands on Ultrascatter?  I spotted the note about adding more grass instances.

I am planning on picking it up,  but it's exclusively 4.9 and up  and I'm still using 4.6 to build my sets for 3delight. The Iray versions are 4.8  I do have Instances plus.   

The three dimensional grass on the Academy ground is an included preset,  that way people can load it if their computers can handle it.  If people have 16-32 gig system its a non issue,  but  I still build with an 8 gig machine,  again to keep things efficient for slower systems,  if it renders on that it'll render quickly on all the available options.

FYI, UltraScatter now works in version 4.8 of Studio now.

• edited August 2016
    20 Low Rez Vehicles by powerage has a low poly firetruck flatnose. That mixed in a scene with the old dog nose truck if any parts move might fulfill my need. Will check with DzFire if he wants to create one. Thank you for letting me know. Knights Academy reminds me of a college so perfect for some ideas there.
    Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on

FYI, UltraScatter now works in version 4.8 of Studio now.

That is excellent news,  I've been so looking forward to trying it out! 

• That hammock is so cool! Is the curved wood part able to be retextured by me for a more alien look? They need a place to sleep. I also like that deck. The boxes are perfect for a small victory garden.

You should be able to retexture with any shader or texture material you want.   An aluminum metal could probably look good.  ;-)

http://www.daz3d.com/the-neighbour-s-hammocks

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

The Knights Academy looks awesome.  This would fit in nicely with the type of renders I do the most often.

edited August 2016

Thanks Sonja, that's nice to hear.   The Academy has been churning in development for a bit.  I definitely like working on different genres.  Keeps things interesting.  It's fun doing medieval type items.

Post edited by FirstBastion on

Take a walk along the quiet path.  smiley  

Available Now

http://www.daz3d.com/along-the-quiet-path

• Just learned something new to me. The tower in the firestation is used as a place to hang 30 foot leather hoses to dry. I did not know that. The stations near me are just one or two levels.
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,674
    Just learned something new to me. The tower in the firestation is used as a place to hang 30 foot leather hoses to dry. I did not know that. The stations near me are just one or two levels.

So, they have mildewed hoses?

edited September 2016

That a cool bit of info.  I wonder if they had designed and planned for that,  or it developed over time as a solution tp maintain the hoses. Multi function towers. Ingenious

• As I don't have the right to start a new discussion I ask in this comment:

Which license do I have to buy to use FirstBastions products in an Indie game?

• edited September 2016
    xyer0 said:
    Just learned something new to me. The tower in the firestation is used as a place to hang 30 foot leather hoses to dry. I did not know that. The stations near me are just one or two levels.

So, they have mildewed hoses?

They have special dryers for these hoses. The hose goes into the machine for 12 hours.
    Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on
  • The Knights' Academy is now in the store, it's top of my shopping list for tomorrow.

Cheers,

Alex.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited September 2016

Woot was so glad to see the Knights Academy today.  Instantly mine!  The promo pictures are gorgeous and the added rooftops in the background are a super nice touch.  You've added a ton of versatility to this one as well and its much appreciated! 

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • Which license do I have to buy to use FirstBastions products in an Indie game?

It's come up more than a few times now,  so I am planning on offering a Indie Game Developers license  soon. 

and yes,  this is the perfect place to ask questions Always happy to help if I can.  PMs work too!

• The promo pictures are gorgeous and the added rooftops in the background are a super nice touch.  You've added a ton of versatility to this one as well and its much appreciated! 

Thanks.  The rooftops are their own props so you can toss them into any scene,  scatter them around, and you get an instant village.

I'll add the link to Knight's Academy.  Forgot to yesterday. 

http://www.daz3d.com/1stbastion-s-knights-academy

edited October 2016

Neighbourhood Front Drive

1stbastion-neighbours-front-drive.jpg
    1300 x 702 - 426K
  • FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

So cool FirstBastion! I was able to pick up 21 of your items during the PA sale. (So much stuff I haven't even gotten a chance to try most of them yet.) And now this! I even see front door and garage doors open, this will really go well with all the other neighborhood stuff I have. I know previously you had mentioned a "downtown" you were working on. Is that still coming as well? Or was that referring to this?

• wow, doors open :).  a must for animation, will get immediately on release :)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Front Drive looks downright awesome!  yes yes yes

edited November 2016

I know previously you had mentioned a "downtown" you were working on. Is that still coming as well? Or was that referring to this?

The downtown has taller buildings; it is still on the way.  

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

I finally caved and got the atrium; after a quick testrun, it also makes a nice entrance for the business empire of dooooooom... (and probably even better if I substitute actual materials instead of just change colours).

doooom.jpg
    918 x 1056 - 650K
  • Nath said:

it also makes a nice entrance for the business empire of dooooooom...

...totally works into the master plan of world domination  wink

edited November 2016

Indie Scene Venue.... arriving eventually...

1stBastion-Indie-Scene-Venue.jpg
    1080 x 460 - 201K
  • Indie Scene Venue.... arriving eventually...

Very different to your usual creations. I like it very much smiley

• Indie Scene Venue.... arriving eventually...

Very different to your usual creations. I like it very much smiley

Thanks Doc.  I do like to try different things to keep all this creating stuff interesting.  Iray probably deserves some of the kudos, those light emitters really brought out the complexity of the shadows in the scene.  I do plan to put out a few more of these interior type scenes in the future. Always looking for that sweet spots of delivering what people want and need and can be put to good use.  Cheers!