FirstBastion's 2016 Upcoming Lineup [commercial]

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601

Love the concept and the modeling, but the style of the houses and curbs/yards doesn't fit with what I see in the area I live/ have lived in so unfortunately I'll have to pass, but I hope it doeas well!. I'm guessing it is modeled on what the author knows/sees IRL and I can imagine it would be harder to model a version based on an area that they are not familiar with..

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,158

I just seen it in the store it really looks great

• edited November 2016
    I only got to say wow before my cats called me away with meow in the early morning. The rest of what I was going to add was, this will go great with scenes to be done in Reallusion's CrazyTalk Animator. I like how some of your works can be added as backgrounds and props for live people acting and other works more towards cartoon and sprites such as CrazyTalk. Reminds me CBC's Ron James Shows where he does the Little Ronnie James sketches.

http://www.ronjames.ca/video/

Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,416
    edited December 2016
    Reminds me CBC's Ron James Shows where he does the Little Ronnie James sketches.

http://www.ronjames.ca/video/

Thanks for the links,  Always enjoyed Ron's sense of humour.   ( British English Canadian spelling with the "u" wink )

ignore the image below just need a hosting spot for a day or two

Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited November 2016

Just finished an Iray update for the Gallerie Bastion set.  I'll be uploading the files to Daz tomorrow,  how fast it goes through QA is anyone's guess,  but it's done.... 

Looks like the Spacious Interior Update is available. Took about 7-8 days,  which is pretty quick to give it the old once over makes sure everything is working as it should.   If you're interested it should be in your available downloads now.

http://www.daz3d.com/gallerie-bastion-spacious-interior

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,813

I use both but I must say, recently I've been moving back to 3DL for a number of scenes. Faster rendering, can look just as good, and a lot of new Iray scenes don't fit a 2GB GPU so they tie-up the computer CPU for a longer time.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,158

Just finished an Iray update for the Gallerie Bastion set.  I'll be uploading the files to Daz tomorrow,  how fast it goes through QA is anyone's guess,  but it's done....

Looks like the Spacious Interior Update is available. Took about 7-8 days,  which is pretty quick to give it the old once over makes sure everything is working as it should.   If you're interested it should be in your available downloads now.

http://www.daz3d.com/gallerie-bastion-spacious-interior

Hi FirstBastion, Thank you,  for the update :)  I wasn't sure if i had purchased this set .  but i guess I did in 2012 because it showed i had indeed had .. :)

I don't think there that much of your stuff that I haven;t already bought..  your content rocks .. again thank you for the update :)

Capture.JPG
    1599 x 928 - 174K
  • And its because people have been supporting me through the years that gives me a chance to do this  so I am happy to give back in a small way with these updates to existing products.  There will be a few more.  I can't update them all but some for sure done between other tasks.  I think the suburban shopping mall deserves an iray update.   I have a feeling it might turn out pretty good. 

• I can't for the life of me remember if I did this in reality luxrender or if I did it with uber environment 2. The cinema sign is yellow if that helps.
    c32.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255

I am still using 3DL. Haven't started wrestling with Iray. 

Really like that courtroom. But every jury box I've ever seen has two rows and 14 seats (12 jurors and 2 alternates). 

• And its because people have been supporting me through the years that gives me a chance to do this  so I am happy to give back in a small way with these updates to existing products.  There will be a few more.  I can't update them all but some for sure done between other tasks.  I think the suburban shopping mall deserves an iray update.   I have a feeling it might turn out pretty good. 

Thank you for the Spacious Interior Update!

That would be great if it can be updated. I guess it would be asking too much to give a door or 2 open\close dials?

edited November 2016
    I can't for the life of me remember if I did this in reality luxrender or if I did it with uber environment 2. The cinema sign is yellow if that helps.

That doe look like the 3DL Uber 2 version.

JOdel said:

every jury box I've ever seen has two rows and 14 seats (12 jurors and 2 alternates). 

The chairs are individual props and some instances.  Should be possible to add a couple more instances for the two alternates.  I perhaps have not spent enough time in court.  blush

I guess it would be asking too much to give a door or 2 open\close dials?

I'll look into it. I'll have to check how I modelled and saved them. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

And its because people have been supporting me through the years that gives me a chance to do this  so I am happy to give back in a small way with these updates to existing products.  There will be a few more.  I can't update them all but some for sure done between other tasks.  I think the suburban shopping mall deserves an iray update.   I have a feeling it might turn out pretty good. 

Wow this brought back so many memories of being a teenager lol!  It looks EXACTLY like the mall we used to hang out at.  Which sadly, they are in the process of tearing down...

• Wow again. That Indie Scene Venue turned out very nice. This one will be great for greenscreening live actors on. I really like that you have stand up comedy and other logos available for it. Will pick this up in December or January.
  • Thanks,  it is available now.  Greenscreened live actor in it  would be cool to see.  If you ever have a chance to post some pics. 

http://www.daz3d.com/1stbastion-s-indie-scene-venue-bar

This is the over the shoulder stage view camera preset.  I always try to provide cameras and lights to get some use out of it,  straight out the box. 

• It's a great set, and I can see having lots of fun with it, but I've noticed a few weirdnesses with the Iray lighting. Maybe the Tone Mapping needs adjusting, or it should have been saved as a Scene (which includes render settings) instead of a Scene Subset?

The different illuminated signs behind the stage; they're all (except the palm tree one) rendering as blown-out white, but leaving big bright coloured reflections off the shiny table tops and not-so-shiny brick walls.

Wall and ceiling lamps; they have both an emitter surface and an active point light, is this right?

Spotlights over the stage; some of them have Photometric Mode explicitly turned off, but Illumination still turned on, will this force them into 3Delight mode, or what?

TV screens; way too bright, and shouldn't the screen image be on the Emission Color parameter, not Luminance?

edited November 2016

Hi Spotted Kitty,  The promo images posted above use this subset/scene file settings that were shipped.  Nothig is changed. As PAs we build on the Installation based settings that come with the downloaded Daz Studio 4.8.  No changes to tone mapping, or gamma, or render setting aside from camera aspect ratio from the default download.  This set was tested on original 4.8 beta, 4.8, 4.9,  

I just did a fresh load of DS4.9 and started a render with the factory default setting with a fresh connect download and the lights are looking exactly like the promo images.  This is only the start of a cpu render and very grainy but gives an indication of the lighting.

If there are changes to tone mapping they are on your computer. I would be happy to provide a full scene file for the venue.  I'll upload the update to Daz on Monday and be available soon. 

brandnewinstall4.9.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 329K
    edited December 2016

Court is now in session.  A standard modern courtroom,  for both Daz Studio 3DL and Iray

http://www.daz3d.com/1stbastion-s-courtroom

• I have to ask a question:  Is there much demand for the 3Delight versions anymore,  or have we moved on to iray for the most part? 

Hi. I have most every one of your sets, and normally add your new stuff to my cart straight as it comes out. Your exteriors , and interiors are wonderfull. I think yours and the i3M (Iornman I think is the name) are instant buys, well up untill the dreaded expensive iray came on the scene. iornman (and so many others) has stopped making stuff with 3dl shaders available, and therefore I dont purchase anything they produce. I am happy to stick with rendering in 3dl and whilst I'm sad to see DAZ abandoning this form, I reckon I'll manage to pick up a few bits n pieces at other sites/shops to keep me amused. I'll be sorry to see you go but whilst you support 3dl you will have a happy purchaser in me at least
    Vinny

• I finally managed to get around to doing a little shopping today.  Picked up the Courtroom.  It looks good.  It's too late to play with it tonight, but I have it downloaded and installed so I'll be playing around with it tomorrow.  :)

edited December 2016

I put together a little something for the Christmas Season to help celebrate the Holidays.  These are 3D prop models that you can easily toss into your renders. They cast shadows and will accept any type of shader.  Hope they get put to good use. 

http://www.sharecg.com/v/86763/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/3D-Christmas-Phrases-2016-for-Daz-Studio

They're broken down into indivdiual words:  Merry, Happy, Holidays, Christmas, Seasons, Greetings, Happy New Year,  2016, 2017.

thumbnail-800.jpg
    800 x 800 - 125K
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Thank you!

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,488

Love your stuff, FirstBastion

• Oh, very cool!  Thanks, FB!

• I'm about five years late on this whole social media thing.  I put together a facbook page but can't figure out why it has all those numbers in the address. 

Is this thing working?   https://www.facebook.com/FirstBastion-Daz3D-932385563560450

• I'm about five years late on this whole social media thing.  I put together a facbook page but can't figure out why it has all those numbers in the address. 

Is this thing working?   https://www.facebook.com/FirstBastion-Daz3D-932385563560450

It woiks!
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I'm about five years late on this whole social media thing.  I put together a facbook page but can't figure out why it has all those numbers in the address. 

You need to get 25 likes, then you can change it.

• You need to get 25 likes, then you can change it.

That's a useful bit of information,  Thanks Tango.  

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

I'm about five years late on this whole social media thing.  I put together a facbook page but can't figure out why it has all those numbers in the address. 

You need to get 25 likes, then you can change it.

So everybody go "LIKE" FirstBastion's fb so he gets those crazy numbers off of it. I just did

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I would like your page but facebook has apparently decided that I no longer exist.  Despite the fact that I am currently logged on, on my phone, with no problems.  Will have to wait til I get to my pc tomorrow.