FirstBastion's 2016 Upcoming Lineup [commercial]

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Got it working.  Everyone who likes the page should also share it, it will get out a lot quicker that way. 

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,322
    edited December 2016

Thanks Sonja and Thanks Joe.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • I just saw this.  I liked your page and shared.  I have to admit, I'm not the greatest at social media.  I only manage to get on Facebook a few times a month and most of those times are by accident when I'm following a link.  

edited December 2016

Thanks,  Given I had never been on facebook at all ever before last week,  I'm no expert on social media.  It's all one big learning curve.  again.

I am on facebook primarily to sell my beads.  I do occaisionally post some personal stuff (usually of the pets, people love pets lol) because it makes the people who buy my beads feel like they know a little bit more about the person behind the product.  which is invaluable when you are selling to a very small market.  I friend all my customers because a. its far easier to message them for payment when they purchase something b.it allows me to comment on their posts, which is even more valuable because again, it allows them to see what kind of person they are buying from, and it puts my name on their feed all the time, so they remember who I am and what I sell.  I also post because I really do care about most of my customers and really appreciate the chance to get to know the people who buy and use my beads.  Leads to custom work and lots of really great conversations about all kinds of things.  Its still a lot of work but if its done right, then its a fantastic tool.

I have a personal page (which is what I primarily use for selling my beads which are sold on closed auction groups, not the store that facebook offers.)  I have my art page IceDragonArt which is where I post my non bead art, usually the stuff I make with studio or photoshop) and I also have a page for my beads, that is basically just an easy way for my customers to find my bead auctions without having to wade through 200 listings on the facebook auction page).  So, now I can share everything I post in any of my pages two extra times.

Sorry if you knew all this already!  I spent 9 years working on my presence to sell beads on facebook and while it took awhile, it was definitely worth it.  I support my daz addiction with my bead sales so that should give you some idea of what a facebook page can do for you.

• Thank you Sonja for offering the helpful advice.  There's definitely a lot to learn on my part.  Suggestions like this certainly help.

Any questions feel free to ask. I will answer if I can lol.

edited December 2016

I have a second Christmas Holiday Gift for you all.   Candles Light The Darkness.  It's a Daz Studio Iray scene file.  

Enjoy the Christmas Holiday Season and Have a Happy and Safe New Year. 

http://www.sharecg.com/v/86838/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Candles-Light-The-Darkness-DS-Iray-Scene

Please Note:  There are alot of tiny little lights in the scene that require calculations plus a reflective floor surface.  I would have liked to have this for 3Delight too,  and  I will continue to support 3Delight.  yet due to the fact that this is primarily candle light emitters I don't know if it can be done in 3Delight. 

candlelightthedarkness1.jpg
    1000 x 540 - 307K
    candlelightthedarkness2.jpg
    1000 x 540 - 327K
    candlelightthedarkness3.jpg
    1000 x 540 - 278K
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,481
    edited December 2016

Ho! Ho! Ho!

DaddyKluas.png
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by Greybro on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

FirstBastion:

Easiest way to do it in 3dl is use area light and make every flame an emitter.

mind you, it may then take forever to render.

I'll test it out in a few hours...

• Greybro said:

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Thanks Greybro. 

• FirstBastion:

Easiest way to do it in 3dl is use area light and make every flame an emitter.

mind you, it may then take forever to render.

I'll test it out in a few hours...

Let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

Beautiful thank you so much!

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Awesome scene, thanks. Remember, it is better to light a single candle than to use a flamethrower in a wax museum.

FirstBastion: Ok, final results... enh.

I rendered it large, at double size, with high sampling on the light so it'd look as smooth as I could get it without utterly being a b' to render.

Took over 3 hours... I'm not sure it's something I'd like to repeat much. If I were setting everything up, I'd probably try to figure out a way to place lots of point lights instead.

I THINK I could figure out a way to do that with these candles -- parent each light to each candle, zero the position and then nudge Y a bit.

But meh, that's a lot of work. ;)

Candles in the Darkness.png
    1920 x 1038 - 4M
  • Tim I think you now know what a PA feels like half the time.  It was worth a try to attempt it in 3Delight.   Sometime its important to remember  they are different rendering tools.   Not better or worse,  just different with different strengths. 3delight has many strengths,  and Iray has others. I wouldn't try to achieve the same results in both.  Yet Both offer unique options that can influence the final result. . 

edited December 2016

Oh sure. I use both frequently and constantly working to improve both.

I HAVE sucked up the huge render times in 3DL using arealight, particularly for candlelit scenes where the texture load just won't work well in Iray.

I've been lately trying to push my familiarity with 3DL to learn how to use it effectively.

Although looking at your promo, you could probably get away with not having the candle flames illuminate at ALL and fake it with ambient channel. Heh.

Post edited by Oso3D on
    edited December 2016

Up the lumens a bit to the foreground candles,  and added a bit of bloom.

candlelit-bloom-1stBastion.jpg
    533 x 864 - 387K
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713

Thank you for the candle freebie!

I'm using it together with the MRL Mutations flames on G3F - can't show it because it's a bit too nudeblush

edited December 2016

It's the last few days of 2016, And I have decided to have a contest!

Rules are fairly simple.

Use a FirstBastion set in any kind of render, within the work safe/TOS classifications, (this includes the Christmas gifts that were offered earlier this week) Post the render on my facebook page, or the Firstbastion commercial thread here in the forums at Daz3D.

Contest closes Jan. 8, 2017, Judging will happen on January 9 2017.

Winners will be posted at latest January 10, 2017.

Prizes will be awarded through a DAZ account. Prize for the 3 winners is: One choice of Product from the FirstBastion store excluding bundles or Game License. If by some miracle, the facebook page achieves 100 likes by the end of the contest, the prizes will be upped to 2 choices per winner.

Looking forward to this.  It's been a long while since I've put on a contest. 

The poster says: post to Facebook,  but up to 2 weeks ago I wasn't on Facebook,  so I understand that not everyone is comfortable on social media or wants to sign up to facebook,  so you can post entries in this thread  and they will qualify for the contest. 

Best of Luck as the New Year approaches. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,563

Sounds like a great contest! Thanks for allowing renders in this thread as I stay as far away from facebook as possible!

• I was thinking you might want to have a contest. Don't forget to post this at DeviantArt and sharecg. You've reached 25 likes and followers at Facebook. According to TA you should be able to simplify your address there.

Woot I "should" be able to get something done by then.  One never knows lol.

• OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123
    edited January 2017

"Going Places"

Uses High Cliff Crossing

Going Places.png
    1998 x 1080 - 4M
    Post edited by Ostadan on
  • "Alice"

Used Motel 50's and Motel 70's.

Alice.png
    1828 x 893 - 2M

How many entries can we post?

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,139

Another non-Facebook person here - so here is my first entry, using Knight's Academy (currently a favourite of mine):

The Groom

KA-The-Groom.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 530K

Happy to see some participation.  This is great.  A couple more days to get those entries in. 

How many entries can we post?

As many as you would like,  but only one prize per artist to give everyone a fair chance.  smiley

For a second there I thought I was too late lol. I am working on something now, hope to have it up tonight or tomorrow

edited January 2017

Well here is an entry from me.

Pirate's Cove

I used Secluded Shoreline, created my own, bigger water plane with a custom water shader. Saved another scene with just the outer rocks and merged them in with this scene for more coverage. Used an HDRI for the sky. IRAY render with no postwork

piratescove.jpg
    1544 x 870 - 1M
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on