FirstBastion's 2016 Upcoming Lineup [commercial]

Comments

• edited July 2016
    Forgot to add, maybe a smashed up texture of these authorities suv you did. Sort of like Stonemason did. Edit: Perhaps something where the fender is dinged up.
    Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited July 2016

Yep, they went in the cart first thing this morning.  I'll probably check out later this evening.  I'm still waffling on another item or I would have already got these babies downloaded already.  :)  They look good FB!

Edit: forgot to add that I hope from the text I read on the store page that this is just the first of more to come.  Crossing fingers I read that correctly!  :)

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,184

You did read it correctly. smiley   I do have a few more vehicles planned.  I've been working on a downtown  and realized I don't have anywhere near enough vehicles to create a decent looking traffic jam,  so figured I'd better make atlest some of them. 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Awesome! smiley I did indeed check out with the SUVs last night.  I hope to put them to use very soon.  More of different kinds of vehicles would great! While I have quite a number of cars, I really don't have that much of a variety of low poly ones to fill up a scene without crashing my system.  Even with instances, filling up a scene of poly heavy cars for a proper amount of traffic would be a nightmare if I actually want to tell a story with other figures in the scenes, too.  If you are looking for suggestions, minivans, economy type cars, and sedans would be something I could really use in a normal traffic scene.

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

If I can make a suggestion, rather than a bunch of different textures for a single vehicle model, I'd rather see a variety of simple vehicles in one package without all the extra textures. And for people that want the extra textures, release those separately in an add-on pack. I just can't see myself filling up a street scene with a bunch of vehicles which all look the same. There's already a rendo package available from a popular vendor with 20 different lo-res vehicles in it for just a few dollars more than what your single vehicle costs. What I would like to see is a slightly better lo-res version of his vehicle package, as his models seem to be a little too "blocky" for my tastes. If your modeling of the vehicles is better than his, maybe release a pack of 5 different vehicles, instead of 20, and have like a commercial vehicle group, sports car group, commuter car group, etc. I would definitely buy packs of lo-res vehicles like that.

I just realized those promo pics are from your downtown, at first I thought it was Urban Sprawl . I've had US2 in my wishlist, now I may need to change by mind. Any chance any of your exteriors will have rigged doors?

edited July 2016

I just realized those promo pics are from your downtown, at first I thought it was Urban Sprawl . I've had US2 in my wishlist, now I may need to change by mind. Any chance any of your exteriors will have rigged doors?

Just a quick note to clarify,  these suv promos are set in Stonemason's Urban Sprawl 3 as noted on the product page. 

But yes some of the doors in my downtown will open and close,  but it's completely different from the look of the Urban sprawl sets.  It'll be coming out in the autumn.  I'll post some images as release apparoaches.

Meanwhile, Stonemason's Urban Sprawl 3 is a stunningly worthwhile investment.  There's a total of 5 city chunks of blocks included. 

Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited August 2016

Who didn't want one of these growing up. 

neighbours-treehouse-1stbastion.jpg
    700 x 910 - 401K
  • Who didn't want one of these growing up. 

This will be a perfect addition to do some high diving with a triple twist and hold nose into the neighbour's pool I got. Funnier if one leg is just outside the pool. When is this one coming out? What is link to downtown. This is the first time I'm hearing about it. I reread this thread and yes you are planning a partial airport. Someone did ask about a fire station. I found a firestation elsewhere but didn't appeal to me so didn't buy it. Hint hint could use one that is old but not so ugly. Should I take a photo for reference idea? I'm in Montreal area.
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

I too am curious about downtown.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

Who didn't want one of these growing up. 

excellent! 

one glance at this promo gave me a super-intense bradbury flashback.  time to hunt for fireflies in the shop...

love it that the access is by ladder, not boards nailed into the treetrunk.

random suggestion:  love the archetypal tire swing, too.  but an option to replace the classic tire with a board or plank swing seat would open the door to play in pre-auto historical settings and maybe even fantasy ones.  feminine portrait stuff, too...hair can flow and fly picturesquely in the breeze just fine in a tire swing, but skirts have a harder time of it.  looks like that branch could handle another rope readily enough...

but that's all beside the point.  this looks wonderful!

j

Save

Love the tree house! Another one for the wishlist, I think I have 15 things of FirstBastion's stuff on my list now. 

When I was a kid, i had a neighbor with a 2 story tree house, his dad was a real craftsman. He had the main upper level which you entered with a rope ladder, and then a hatch in the floor which went down into a smaller enclosed level. I loved hanging out in that thing as a kid, away from our little sisters.

I have a few questions about your 1950's Motel. I realize its an older model, hopefully you don't mind me sticking these questions in your new release thread, but I just noticed a few things that I wanted clarification on and maybe the answers would help others as well.

It looks like the curtains may be poseable, in some of the pics they are closed and in some they are partly opened. There's no mention of them being poseable, although there is mention of the doors and windows opening. So are the curtains poseable?

Secondlly, you mention in the description that there is an add-on pack of interior furniture for the motel, but I can't seem to locate that in the store.

Lastly, are the walls and roof individual bones that can be hidden easily?

Also, it would be nice to see a pic of the front desk that is mentioned but not shown.

This will be a perfect addition to do some high diving with a triple twist and hold nose into the neighbour's pool I got...
    Someone did ask about a fire station. I found a firestation elsewhere but didn't appeal to me so didn't buy it. Hint hint could use one that is old but not so ugly. Should I take a photo for reference idea? I'm in Montreal area.

Love the idea of jumping from the treehouse into the pool,  I might even admit to doing something like that as a kid...and heck there was concrete in playgrounds in those days. 

The FireStation I'm making  will be of the same time period as the police station and the hospital to maintain a consistency of theme,  so mid 90's perhaps aged about 10 years or so.  But I'm always open to suggestions so photos are always welcomed.

jardine said:

excellent! 

one glance at this promo gave me a super-intense bradbury flashback.  time to hunt for fireflies in the shop...

love it that the access is by ladder, not boards nailed into the treetrunk.

random suggestion:  love the archetypal tire swing, too.  but an option to replace the classic tire with a board or plank swing seat would open the door to play in pre-auto historical settings and maybe even fantasy ones.  feminine portrait stuff, too...hair can flow and fly picturesquely in the breeze just fine in a tire swing, but skirts have a harder time of it.  looks like that branch could handle another rope readily enough...

but that's all beside the point.  this looks wonderful!

I should mention the iconic nailed boards are there on the other side of the trunk. But they can be hidden.    But I think we'll all agree a ladder is definitely safer,  though those have been known to wobble occassionally.     Now the tire itself has its own material zone so you could probably hide it and just use the rope or place some type of board there. I should also mention that this set has already gone through Daz testing so I would not be able to change what's included in the set at this point. 

I have a few questions about your 1950's Motel. ...

snip

So are the curtains poseable?

You mention in the description that there is an add-on pack of interior furniture for the motel.

Lastly, are the walls and roof individual bones that can be hidden easily?

Also, it would be nice to see a pic of the front desk that is mentioned but not shown.

The curtains are not poseable.  They are simple planes set to  the various positions, partially opened, opened,  closed,  But the windows and doors do open and close.  This was primarily an exterior scene.  And posable drapes could have the polycount increasing exponentially very quickly.

I do have that add-on pack somewhere but you are correct it is not in the store,  I had expected to release it the following month,  but something happened. It was basically a furnished motel room that was a self standing interior set of the same era,  without the overhead of the entire exterior scene.  I should be able to find it on some backup disc,  though it's easily two computers back.  If I find it,  I'll have to see what condition its in relative to today's standards.    

The roof and walls are not individual components, 

It's basically a plywood type front desk with a higher ledge and work table,  I don't have the set currently installed,  but I'll try to post an image tomorrow. 

Hope that helps.

Thanks William, That does help, i've been debating between your 1970's and 1950's motel, they both appeal to me for different reasons. From a story telling persepective, I like the Norman Bates creepiness feel of the 1950's motel a little more I think. I'm sure I can create a decent enough interior set with my existing furniture so if you can't find the add-on thats ok. I was just wondering why I couldn't find it.

• edited August 2016

The FireStation I'm making  will be of the same time period as the police station and the hospital to maintain a consistency of theme,  so mid 90's perhaps aged about 10 years or so.  But I'm always open to suggestions so photos are always welcomed.

Oh okay so I am guessing square rectangle doors on hinges. I can probably use your greenscreen studio which I have till you post your station. I can also use other textures on the walls etc. to bring it into the future or maybe the past. The thing about old firehouses is that it suggests the city has a history and if it ain't broke or the city has no budget, they won't fix it. The firetrucks and men are also used as first responders in case of medical needs in some buroughs till the ambulance arrives. Other sectors have EMS as the first responder. I think you have a good idea of what you want to do and don't want to change that at all. I'll work with that and change it with the texture. What you do is an art. I will try to 'sell' the scene with the audio I have recorded. In this city at the present time, going out with a Nikon could get one in trouble with the authorities. Here are some downloaded and a reverse google image search should bring you to where I borrowed them. These images are not mine, just for referrence.

Thank you for letting me ramble.

10.jpg
    800 x 533 - 239K
    Caserne_de_pompiers_no_10,_Montreal_04.jpg
    5152 x 3864 - 2M
    Caserne_de_pompiers_no_10,_Montreal_09.jpg
    5152 x 3864 - 4M
    Caserne8 (1).jpg
    776 x 520 - 540K
  • These are the older ones. Curved doors. Almost a church for fire. Hells bells.
    _MG_9140.jpg
    620 x 572 - 80K
    architecture-25,large.1403578305.jpg
    1023 x 660 - 207K
    edited August 2016

That old one in Montrel  is very interesting,  it's got architectural hints of the Chateau Frontenac, and am absolutely impressed with arched doors.  There's one in Toronto that has the old sighting tower with an addition of garages on the side but nowhere near as spectacular. 

torontocollegefire.jpg
    236 x 409 - 20K

Soon

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Soon

This looks lovely!

Soon

This looks lovely!

I like that the foot path appears to be lower, it looks like maybe I could put a water plane in there and turn it into a shallow stream

• edited August 2016

There's one in Toronto that has the old sighting tower with an addition of garages on the side....

Actually, this one would do well. Choice of curved door or square door if user wants to hide either side. Or use the whole thing showing the upgrade as you did with the hospital. Tower is good too. Make that hide able to add versatility. Looks similar to an old firehouse on Westminster in Montreal that is plain built in 1900s circa. It's a heratige building that is still in use.

Now I just need a modern fire truck that has the engine under the driver instead of in front of the driver. Any suggestion where or who I should ask for this? With moving ladders, hose, and a horn that would scare the devil himself.

Now I just need a modern fire truck that has the engine under the driver instead of in front of the driver. Any suggestion where or who I should ask for this? With moving ladders, hose, and a horn that would scare the devil himself.

That is a good question,  not sure where to get a modern firetruck.  I do think DzFire is a master with vehicles though. 

edited August 2016

Another one for the soon column.  Knights Academy

1stBastion-Knights-Academy.jpg
    960 x 720 - 442K
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,078

Gorgeous, as always! :)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,070

Yeah, that one looks especially nice - looking forward to seeing that in the store!

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,308

Quite stunning.  Have you got your hands on Ultrascatter?  I spotted the note about adding more grass instances.

Cheers,

Alex.