Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• Overdrawn:

First: thanks for this great Add-On!

I have some feature ideas:

1. Wishlist filter (as wishlistify) but in a way that it also works with pre filtered pages like the "Related Artist" Pages that allready filter out new stuff.
    2. Order by Discount Percentage
    3. Sum of Wishlist Prices
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    Renomista said:
    ...Sum of Wishlist Prices

I really don't want to know that one! LOL

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    Renomista said:
    1. Order by Discount Percentage
    2. Sum of Wishlist Prices

These two already exist as userscripts, might be added to the extension later. But for now, perfectly usable as standalone scripts. See http://civilizationhunt.com/ds/ for install instructions.

• Ati said:
    Renomista said:
    1. Order by Discount Percentage
    2. Sum of Wishlist Prices

These two already exist as userscripts, might be added to the extension later. But for now, perfectly usable as standalone scripts. See http://civilizationhunt.com/ds/ for install instructions.

Thanks for the hint!

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited September 2016

Overdrawn, as much as I adore your add on,  running it in Firefox for Android is so slow, it's almost unusable. Fortunately, I can shop in chrome and just check my cart totals in FF.  It also seems to be ignoring the Hide Purchased Items flag. I'll check on the pc browser when I log in. It may have just been my tablet.

Oh, and I'll also check FF with the Add on turned off. Cuz it's might just FF that's slow. I hardly ever use it on the tablet so I  don't have a feel for its normal behavior.

Post edited by sandmanmax on
  • Great feedback all! Do let me know @sandman_max if it is the extension that's showing things down. I might need to make a "light" version for Android. Also we're at "Queue Position: 3 of 121" so that's a good. ;)
    Renomista said:

1. Wishlist filter (as wishlistify) but in a way that it also works with pre filtered pages like the "Related Artist" Pages that allready filter out new stuff.

I think this was the only missing thing from your list. :)

I took Morgan's original code, and modified it to work with filtered pages as well. Since I don't want to take too much credit for it, I put the code on a page of its own, without link to my usual scripts and email notifications. Works the same way as the original script. Here you go: http://civilizationhunt.com/ds/wishlistifyplus.html Same restrictions and usage as Morgan's original script. The only difference is that it's visible on filtered pages as well.

• Ati said:
    Renomista said:

I took Morgan's original code, and modified it to work with filtered pages as well. Since I don't want to take too much credit for it, I put the code on a page of its own, without link to my usual scripts and email notifications. Works the same way as the original script. Here you go: http://civilizationhunt.com/ds/wishlistifyplus.html Same restrictions and usage as Morgan's original script. The only difference is that it's visible on filtered pages as well.

Thank You very much!

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited September 2016

Overdrawn said:
    Great feedback all! Do let me know @sandman_max if it is the extension that's showing things down. I might need to make a "light" version for Android. Also we're at "Queue Position: 3 of 121" so that's a good. ;)

It appears to be mostly Firefox. Without the Add-on, it's perceptibly slower than chrome. With the Add-on, maybe another second or two to load. It also could have been daytime traffic. Right now, in insomnia land, it's not too bad.

Post edited by sandmanmax on
  • OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 561
    edited September 2016

Great news folks! The Firefox extension has just been approved at the Add-ons site!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/daz-deals/

Enjoy!

Post edited by Overdrawn on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Yay!  I've been waiting for this!

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

Me too, and it was worth the wait! Thanks :)

• Ati said:

I've looked at that page and they look pretty good.  I have a question about Wishlist Notification.  How does it do that?  The only way I can think of is I would have to give my user name and password to the Notification server, which now means, potentially, someone else now has access to my Daz account and credit card.  That idea (without knowing how it really works) makes me very very uneasy....

edited September 2016
    Stryder87 said:
    Ati said:

I've looked at that page and they look pretty good.  I have a question about Wishlist Notification.  How does it do that?  The only way I can think of is I would have to give my user name and password to the Notification server, which now means, potentially, someone else now has access to my Daz account and credit card.  That idea (without knowing how it really works) makes me very very uneasy....

NEVER GIVE YOUR LOGIN DETAILS TO ANYONE!

Okay, with that said: you install a userscript. The wishlist is stored in your computer's local storage. The installed script sends this wishlist to the notification server (and if you allow, updates it automatically when it changes, logging to the console, so you see when it did that). To make sure other people don't mess with your data, there is a passcode involved, but this has nothing to do with your DAZ password, this is something you get when you sign up. You may even use a totally different email address from the one you use for DAZ login. Although it is a good idea to give an address that you use frequently, otherwise the notification makes very little sense. :)

Once the items from your wishlist are on the notification server, the server checks the prices frequently, and whenever they change, and the discount is bigger than the one you specified, you get an email that contains the item name, image, original price, discount percent, discounted price, and whether or not it's a PC+ item. You get this email even when you are not logged on to the Daz site. If you can read the emails on your phone, then your computer doesn't need to be on either.

It's like magic. :) Seriously, I sometimes know there's a flash sale coming, even before it is announced. :)

Post edited by Ati on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I'm delighted I was finally able to update my version of Daz Deals. Mozilla still doesn't count my review, though. sad

I am having one problem... The price "per unowned item" is actually the price per item in the bundle. It caught my eye when the price was $8.59 for one pro bundle where I owned four items, and $8.59 for another pro bundle where I owned seven of the items. I checked several bundles and the result was the same for me, the amount shown was always the cost of the bundle divided by the total number of items in the bundle. I even tried updating to the latest version of FF...

Is anyone else seeing this?

Everything else is working as expected. And I thank you for all your work on this addon. Even with the one "wrinkle," it's still my favorite addon.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Within 10 minutes of installing it I used it for the discount percent on each item in the cart -- that alone saved me a ton of number-crunching.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    L'Adair said:

I'm delighted I was finally able to update my version of Daz Deals. Mozilla still doesn't count my review, though. sad

I am having one problem... The price "per unowned item" is actually the price per item in the bundle. It caught my eye when the price was $8.59 for one pro bundle where I owned four items, and $8.59 for another pro bundle where I owned seven of the items. I checked several bundles and the result was the same for me, the amount shown was always the cost of the bundle divided by the total number of items in the bundle. I even tried updating to the latest version of FF...

Is anyone else seeing this?

Everything else is working as expected. And I thank you for all your work on this addon. Even with the one "wrinkle," it's still my favorite addon.

I'm seeing that as well, now you mention it, but agree that it's still my favourite addon too.

• I'll take a look! To get through review I had to change a library of been using to a different one and I've found some other bugs (which I fixed) early caused by that. It's possible this broke the same way. :-/ Sorry for the bugs. More updates soon. :)
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Overdrawn said:
    I'll take a look! To get through review I had to change a library of been using to a different one and I've found some other bugs (which I fixed) early caused by that. It's possible this broke the same way. :-/ Sorry for the bugs. More updates soon. :)

It still rocks.

And my years around software engineers taught me for every bug fixed, several more crop up. Seems to be the nature of the beast. I'm just really happy it's through the approval process. I assume it doesn't need to be approved with every little update, (right?) So any bug fixes shoul show up right away... (At your convenience, of course.)

• On Chrome, does it update automatically or do you need to check and update manually as versions change? 

On Chrome, does it update automatically or do you need to check and update manually as versions change? 

It should update automatically.

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

(Chrome)

Sometimes when I click on bundles it doesn't show which items I own, then I refresh the page and it then does, although sometimes they just fade and don't show the owned bit. The price averages etc. still load every time.

It doesn't bother me personally but thought you might like to know it happens sometimes.

• Thanks, @lx. I'm working on a way around it, but it's a tricky race condition with the items in the bundle loading before the information about what you own...sometimes. The reload helps because it's like giving the code a second chance to be ready for the bundled items--when it hadn't been the first time the page loaded.

I'm planning on adding some button to the page to "force" the product info recalculation--which would get replaced if things happen as they should.

I've been away for awhile, so apologies for the delays on bug fixes, etc. Hopefully I'll find some time hiding some where and Fix All The Things. ;)

Cheers!

• Fixed the price per unowned item bugs in v1.1.11. Cheers!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Ati said:
    Renomista said:

Hmm I can't seam to get this to work, sadly. 

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921
    Ati said:
    Renomista said:

Which Browser?

I know it works on Firefox  (win & mac) and I know it does NOT work in IE

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Renomista said:
    Ati said:
    Renomista said:

Which Browser?

I know it works on Firefox  (win & mac) and I know it does NOT work in IE

It was Chrome. It's working now though. I'm not sure what I did other than waiting a while and restarting Chrome. lol

It works beautifully now! I have been waiting to be able to use Wishlisitfy on PA promo sales pages - and it never worked before. Ati's tweaks are great and now it works on them. Thank you, Ati! :D

Hi friends!

The Opera version of the extension is out! https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/daz-deals/

It's slightly behind the Mozilla and Chrome stores (1.1.10 vs. 1.1.13), but it's approved none the less! ^_^

Enjoy!

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

I've been waiting on this. It seems to be working fine at the moment :)

Fishtales said:

I've been waiting on this. It seems to be working fine at the moment :)

Happy. ^_^ 1.1.13 is in their moderation queue...so...soon? (they're reveiw time is slower than Firefox...sadly...)

Hope it's useful!

This discussion has been closed.