Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Using the Chrome extension...

In your description:

Product Pages:

• adds a "Product Library" button (next to the wishlist button)
    • adds a "Read Me" link next to the SKU for the product

I don't get the "adds a Product Library button next to the wishlist button? What exactly do you mean? On the product page for an item, there's nothing next to the heart for the wishlist except hte "add to cart"

And the readme link next to the sku? MY GOD, YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 561
    The product library button only appears on products you own--which you may not visit in the store often since your already own them. However, it's super useful for checking when you bought something. I'll try to get a screen shot of that area up soon.
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

AHH got it! thanks! :D 

Overdrawn said:
    The product library button only appears on products you own--which you may not visit in the store often since your already own them. However, it's super useful for checking when you bought something. I'll try to get a screen shot of that area up soon.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I use Firefox (for Mac) on my computer and Safari on my iPad. It's way more relaxing to shop leisurely on an iPad, I sit at my computer enough! I wonder if Daz ever thought of doing a poll to see what devices people shop on, or is that something visible when they see our IP address?

It would be interesting to see. I am most comfortable at my PC. have a big L shaped desk, 2 27 inch monitors and a big leather office chair. I even watch TV and movies here with my feet up, drives my GF crazy, LOL

Likewise, I consider it far more secure. If nothing else, it is tough to lose and it doesn't get taken outside.

• EurocoinEurocoin Posts: 300
    edited August 2016

I think there is some kind of bug on the add-on as it shows 100% for discount, when the item is free (like it shoud), but also when the item is full priced. This only applies on the products in the cart. I'm using Chrome version 52.0.2743.116.

Post edited by Eurocoin on

@jonttex82 Right you are! I'll get tackle that one soon.

#TODO

• bug: full price items in cart say they are 100% off
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,082
    Overdrawn said:

@jonttex82 Right you are! I'll get tackle that one soon.

#TODO

• bug: full price items in cart say they are 100% off

User-error. Why would anyone want to buy a product at full price? laugh

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Just downloaded the Chrome version.  At first, I didn't see any difference and thought I did something wrong.  I went back to the first post to figure out what was wrong.  Turn out, the something wrong was the user.  blush  Works great so far!  yes

edited August 2016
    Hi all! I've updated both extensions to v1.1.2 which fix the discount calculation bug.

Also a huge thanks to L'Adair for the five star review on the Firefox add-on! Most appreciated. :D

Post edited by Overdrawn on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Overdrawn said:
    Hi all! I've updated both extensions to v1.1.2 which fix the discount calculation bug.

Also a huge thanks to L'Adair for the five star review on the Firefox add-on! Most appreciated. :D

You're welcome.

I apologize for only giving it five stars... they didn't have an option for a perfect 10! wink

• Yep, Firefox above version 43 blocks the installation.  You can disable that, but you can't do it for one plugin, you have to do it for all of them.  Best to wait for Firefox to finish it's review.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,567

Yep, Firefox above version 43 blocks the installation.  You can disable that, but you can't do it for one plugin, you have to do it for all of them.  Best to wait for Firefox to finish it's review.

I'm using 47.0.1 and it installed fine.

• I clicked the link, for the chrome version, and clicked add Daz dealz, and I got a warning: the app can read and change your information on all Daz 3D webpages. What does that mean? I really want to use this great app. 

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899

Yep, Firefox above version 43 blocks the installation.  You can disable that, but you can't do it for one plugin, you have to do it for all of them.  Best to wait for Firefox to finish it's review.

I'm using 47.0.1 and it installed fine.

Weird.  I installed it on my machine at home (v47) and it worked, but my machine here at work (v47) won't install it, even after making the security adjustments.

@carina_ea3751e3a5 that warning ("the app can read and change your information on all Daz 3D webpages.") is related to the permission level that the extension needs to add the buttons and links to the site. There's sadly no other way to build an extension like this without that permission.

@diogenese19348 hrm. It usually just shows "big scary warnings" until after the review is complete. Until then, its generally possible (as @FSMCDesigns points out) to push through the warnings and get it installed.

@Strayder87 that could be related to work-computer-level permissions. It's hard to say how much control your IT deparatment may have placed on that browser.

There's also the fact that in the world of browsers YMMV. frown

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I added a review of the add-on - I encourage anyone else who finds this add-on helpful to do the same! :D It's the least we can do for all of Overdrawn's hard work! 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I added a review of the add-on - I encourage anyone else who finds this add-on helpful to do the same! :D It's the least we can do for all of Overdrawn's hard work! 

I did a review for the Chrome version this morning after trying it out.  Great add-on!

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

Wow, this is very impressive!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

@Overdrawn, this is so useful, I sent you a PM with a Daz gift card code to show my appreciation and encourage your continued efforts. I hope others contribute, too.

• tombraider4evertombraider4ever Posts: 659
    edited August 2016

Owerdrawn, Thanks for the answear and for the excellent webextension, I love it! ♥

Post edited by tombraider4ever on

Feeling the love this morning! ^_^ Thank you everyone! I'll keep this thread updated as new things get added.

Thanks again for all the kind feedback and reviews (and gift cards!!)!

Happy Tuesday, all. :)

• This is so useful and easy to use. Left a review on Chrome yesterday. Thank you for the work you put into it. 

• I plan to jump in this week.  In the meantime, thank you very much!

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

Sent you a gift card (and used Ati's affiliate link to buy it xD) for both of your contributions to nice sale things. Daz should be pretty happy since all the money is going to them anyway >.>

• AtiAti Posts: 9,082
    lx said:

Sent you a gift card (and used Ati's affiliate link to buy it xD) for both of your contributions to nice sale things. Daz should be pretty happy since all the money is going to them anyway >.>

Did we get caught? laugh We're actually in secret talks in the background about combining our collections into one.

So if you have any requests, you can let either of us know. :)

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996
    Ati said:
    lx said:

Did we get caught? laugh We're actually in secret talks in the background about combining our collections into one.

So if you have any requests, you can let either of us know. :)

Aha I was just trying to support you both. To be honest your scripts look super useful but I've been too lazy to install them. Clicking a 'get addon' button is so much simpler (my laziness knows no bounds.)

@lx huge thanks! I highly recommend @ati's emails. :) Between the two of us you should have great notifications in your inbox and great experiences once you arrive. ^_^
  • Wow, this almost makes me wish I was still using Firefox, haha (I'm using Safari and am too lazy to switch). Nice work!

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

I just wish I could get notifications when my wishlist items go on sale. 

@sandman_max that sounds like a job for @Ati! :) Or perhaps by our "powers combined!" ^_^

Thanks for the suggestion!

This discussion has been closed.