Official Release of Carrara 8.5 **Update - 8.5.1.19**

Comments

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    wgdjohn said:

DAZ figures *missing* from Smart Content. Found a few *only* in Content. V4.2, M4, Genesis, V5, M5, V6, M6 and likely others do not show up in Smart Content. In Content I've not found V5 or V5. I've uninstalled Carrara and all it's content then re-installed it which had no change. At this point I wonder if I need to also delete it too. All were added via DIM and used to appear in "Smart Content. I've also tried Update Folder with no change. I've checked in DIM and all report to be installed... verified this by checking in DAZ Studio 4.9 Public Release in which I only work offline and never use Connect.

Also missing is a lot of content that are not figures. I have submitted a ticket on the problem but have not heard back yet. Any suggestions? TIA

Have you treid to use Studio to reset the database or to re-import the metadata again.

If you are using DS 4.9, then you have to use DIM to do that, as Carrara uses the same database as DIM and DS 4.8. 

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    wgdjohn said:

DAZ figures *missing* from Smart Content. Found a few *only* in Content. V4.2, M4, Genesis, V5, M5, V6, M6 and likely others do not show up in Smart Content. In Content I've not found V5 or V5. I've uninstalled Carrara and all it's content then re-installed it which had no change. At this point I wonder if I need to also delete it too. All were added via DIM and used to appear in "Smart Content. I've also tried Update Folder with no change. I've checked in DIM and all report to be installed... verified this by checking in DAZ Studio 4.9 Public Release in which I only work offline and never use Connect.

Also missing is a lot of content that are not figures. I have submitted a ticket on the problem but have not heard back yet. Any suggestions? TIA

Have you treid to use Studio to reset the database or to re-import the metadata again.

Will give it a try. Thanks

wgdjohn said:

If you are using DS 4.9, then you have to use DIM to do that, as Carrara uses the same database as DIM and DS 4.8. 

Seemed to have worked fairly good at first. Got most figures back now as well as some props etc. I'm still looking for Aiko 4 which DIM says is installed, have A3 and A6. I also checked DAZ Studio for Aiko 4, no luck.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    MistyMist said:

can they make a patch for  uvswapping  and  seamless  geografts?

we no haz to wait for C9 for that, oui?

i'll pour meself a drink while  waiting  for an 8.5 .20 patch 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    MistyMist said:
    MistyMist said:

can they make a patch for  uvswapping  and  seamless  geografts?

we no haz to wait for C9 for that, oui?

i'll pour meself a drink while  waiting  for an 8.5 .20 patch 

make it a long stiff one

edited June 2016

geograft?  devil

lessee how long  devildevil  the wait, i mean, of courseangel

Post edited by Mistara on

just stopping by to check on any fixes, patches, updates.

geografts, uvswapping, genesis2 HD heads compatibility?

cheers!

See that thick blanket of dust Misty?

i hope they arent wasting time on a daz connect carrara.
    i wouldn't buy it.

DAZ Connect for Carrara... gives me a chill and makes the hairs of my neck stand up... suspect I'll have a problem falling asleep... .. .

what's the hold up on geografts?  

weld tolerance distance mebbe?

is there a setting for weld tolerance distance we can change?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

12 month anniversary for Genesis 3 release and still no sign of an updated Carrara..

saved a lot of money in the past 12 months! Thanks Daz yes

been drooling over Leo 7 Pro Bundle sale % for like 2 days now.  but he kinda absolutely useless, eh?

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    Stezza said:

12 month anniversary for Genesis 3 release and still no sign of an updated Carrara..

LOL - I know what you mean!

Well not entirely, I have been buying Genesis 3 stuff and converting to G2M and getting it to work well in Carrara,   

As I said in Cripemans thread, GenX is a huge game changer, the skins and HD the main things still not useable in any way.

Sad, Cripemans thread? Can't seem to find it... please guide this lost sole. tks

edited July 2016

why thank you

[later] what a dummy I am... had it bookmarked

Post edited by wgdjohn on

Tapping foot!!

Kenji in carrara?

Patch yet??!!

Patch yet?Patch yet?Patch yet?Patch yet?Patch yet?Patch yet?Patch yet?

Bring the love to carrara,
    Bring it home,

who's on first, what's on second, dunno what the hold up on third

what IS the hold-up???????

• BarzoffBarzoff Posts: 95
    Stezza said:

Well, maybe we're about to wait for an updated Carrara for Genesis 4!laugh

• BarzoffBarzoff Posts: 95

Ah, the DAZ cricket! Probably the most popular character for all Carrara and Bryce users! laugh

edited August 2016

the python from 2012, is it supports the multilayer shader feature?

would python be able to give uv swapping and geografts to 8.5+?

looking at some python manuals on amazon. they all rather pricey.  
    guessing the trick is to include the 8.5 libraries?

i'm really a vba girl, though i did take C++ in college. it wasn't microsoft C.  trying to remember the name, was 20 years ago.

i remembered!!!  it was Boorland C. 

MistyMist said:

I always compare what is availble elsewhere for pricing... try ebay.

edited August 2016
    wgdjohn said:
    MistyMist said:

I always compare what is availble elsewhere for pricing... try ebay.

was considering this one:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/1449355730

says for game programming, thinking that means, for graphics.  

would this help with carrara python?
    basically, i'd like to automate some shader tasks, camera, production frame tasks.
    add bezier shaping to the ocean primitive.

I suspect that it will... it's for learning Python programming language. Some knowlege fo Python is required. I did find one on Ebay, same ISBN/edition 5th, in good condition for $9 less... seller rated at 100% = no complaints. I should probably buy it myself since I'm somewhat Python illiterate. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Learning-Python-Powerful-Object-Oriented-Programming-by-Mark-Lutz-2013-/152201605149?hash=item236fec301d:g:l0AAAOSw6n5XrCYu

Note that "good" condition is below "new" and "like new" condition. The one on Amazon is for New.

need a compiler to play with it properly. 

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

Last programming I took was Pascal back in the 80's.

Python is free https://www.python.org/about/

free python books here  https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonBooks

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Thank you!

free python books here  https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonBooks

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

I am getting lucky this year I found out today that work is going to pay for me to take a basic Python course as the need someone to be able to decypher some python scripts.