My Lease Is Nearly Up On The Complaint Thread

Comments

• Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109

I'm glad you are ok, Kulay Wolf.  So sorry.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560

...well meteor viewing turned bad here as a deck of high clouds rolled in late in the evening.  Along with a half moon, most sky detail was washed out.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,683
    Jan19 said:

I'm glad you are ok, Kulay Wolf.  So sorry.

Thanks.  Not sure if it was known nation wide or world wide, but just wanted to make sure everyone knows I am okay.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:

omgeee hott
    tomorrow supposedly hotter
    can barely move

was no a/c on the bus yesterday.  dunno how the driver didnt faint.  said his gauge said bus was 95F.  was 91F outside
    raw degrees didnt count the heat index
    i felt dizzy, was wearing very light clothes. he had long pants uniform

hear neighbor upstairs sneezing.  
    prolly from going a/c to hot,
    none of those catching summer cold worries for me  lol

...officially hit 99° at PDX ariport yesterday. 93° currently both there and in the 'hood with about three hours fo go for the hottest part of the day.

hotter?  

edited August 2016

...now they're calling for 97° being the high for today (even though it says it will be cooler than yesterday, as if 2° difference is really noticable).

Will be back down into the mid to uper 80s (if that is any relief) thne 90s again by the end of next week.  Hope they have refreshing beverages at the rally I will be attending next Caturday.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited August 2016

Too hot for caturday.

hot kitteh.jpg
    500 x 375 - 39K
    Post edited by sriesch on

me thinks, she's wearing her shoes wrong, ... or he, men can have gams

you in the heat too?

34°RealFeel® 41°C

why are round waffls more posh than square ones?  

is it silly to drink bottled water, yet put a tap water ice cube in it?

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,164
    edited August 2016

Complaint"  Today was hot and muggy and threatening to rain all day.  I don't know what the temperature was but it was miserable.  I woke up hot despite the A/C, sweated all morning.  Finally took the car for a ride and the A/C in the car couldn't make it cool.  Went to the movies to see "Pete's Dragon 3D" and it was finally cool in the theater but still muggy.  Came home and the A/C was still laboring to keep it only warm.  Then I got a call for a computer printer installation job.  Unfortunately the client had no A/C whatsoever and the installation took two hours. sad  I got home drenched in sweat and then it finally rained hard and the temps are finally coming down but it's been a miserable day.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,683
    MistyMist said:

you in the heat too?

34°RealFeel® 41°C

Yep but I do not go outside much these days it seems.

edited August 2016
    sriesch said:

Too hot for caturday.

...+1
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109
    kyoto kid said:
    sriesch said:

Too hot for caturday.

...+1

At least it's not a skunk. devil​  I added that stupid song to my list.  ROFL 

Been cracking up over it all afternoon.

Thanks.  Not sure if it was known nation wide or world wide, but just wanted to make sure everyone knows I am okay.

yes smiley

...at the pub drinking ice tea (not the Long Island version either). Wish it wasn't so expensive to go to the cinema, crikey, for three hours of cool I could cover a couple nights pub tabs and have change in my pocket.

tried to sit at desktop and compose a render, but eyelids puffy from sweating.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,164
    MistyMist said:

Hmmm... compose a render?  Is that like trying to calm down a frightened member of Santa's sled team?

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. Getting a bit of morning sun the past coupla days altho there are lots of ugly looking purply cloud things hovering on the horizons, has been so cold the regular Sunday hot air balloons are scraping rooftops today with their burners flat out, iz a hideous noise thing. That is my complaint :)

I am doing okay.  Not the mall I work at  but another mall got something happening or happened.  Not sure what but it might revolve around guns or gun fire.

Good to hear Kulay :)

MistyMist said:

omgeee hott
    tomorrow supposedly hotter
    can barely move

was no a/c on the bus yesterday.  dunno how the driver didnt faint.  said his gauge said bus was 95F.  was 91F outside
    raw degrees didnt count the heat index
    i felt dizzy, was wearing very light clothes. he had long pants uniform

hear neighbor upstairs sneezing.  
    prolly from going a/c to hot,
    none of those catching summer cold worries for me  lol

57.png
    218 x 160 - 15K
    edited August 2016
    Jan19 said:

Hey, ps1borg.  Glad you survived the storm.  smiley 

Is storm season here until Christmas, then the monsoons so we're used to it :)

(our house is behind the tower centre frame Oscar Mike Golf)

strm.jpg
    620 x 349 - 36K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited August 2016
    kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:
    McGyver said:
    Stryder87 said:

Complaint thread please note that tomorrow is the Glorious Twelfth, at which point we may legally shoot grouse.

Funny story about Grouse:  When I was a kid my dad and I went on a fishing trip (a rare thing for him to do something with just me).  As we were driving down the gravel road we saw something in the middle of the road way out in front of us.  As we got closer we finally figured out it was a grouse standing in the middle of the road.  It was just standing there contemplating life.  We got closer and closer and it still didn’t move.  Now we were going a pretty good speed (probably about 80km/h) kicking up a good dust storm behind us, so the bird couldn’t have missed that we were barrelling towards it.  We were about 15 feet from it and it looked at the truck… and DUCKED.  Seriously… it hunkered down.  It didn’t run out of the way, fly out of the way, or even throw up a “Please Don’t Kill” me sign… it just ducked.  All we heard as we drove over it was ‘thump thump thump’.  My dad looked in the rearview mirror and I turned to look out the back window.  All there was was dust and feathers.  Now, I’m an animal lover.  In fact, I like animals more than most people I’ve met, but even I, at that young age, couldn’t help but find that so insanely hilarious!!  We laughed all weekend.  Heck, as you can tell, I’m STILL laughing over that incident.

Bottom line…. Grouse are dumb.  And they’re good eating.  Excellent combination!!  laugh

Do other people get the suicide squirrels?  You'll be coming down the road and a squirrel will dart out into the road at the last moment, make it across free and clear and then they dive back under your rear wheels...

It's like: "Damn, I'm sick of being a squirrel...screw this... Aaaaaaaaaah!.... Damn... He missed! Second times a charm... Aaaaaaah, oof!".....  I really can't stand squirrels, mainly the ones on my property, because I'm pretty sure they are all tiny terrorists in training, but squirrels not on my property and not actively trying to destroy my stuff or blow me up,  I harbor no ill will towards... It's probably some stupid predator evasion tactic to run back like they just realized they left the stove on at home, but it happens so often... I hate having to write condolence letters to the squirrel's family too... Very time consuming. 

Even my daughters who love animals have reached the "Ugh... Not again!" point. 

We actually watched a squirrel do the dive under rear wheels thing and miss, then run head first under the front wheels of a pickup in back... Cartoon-like spat... Very gross though, especially since it was on the road in front of our house and I had to clean it up and give it a funeral and all. Seriously we have a squirrel "pet cemetery" way out in the backyard in the creepier part of the woods where nobody really goes... My wife is too superstitious to let me bury them with 300 ft of the house (zombie squirrels?) and the kids insist on burial... I favor, giving them to the raccoons, but nobody gets that whole circle of nature thing.

the nuts are always nuttier on the other side.

squirrels high fiving

...you know, they're really in cahoots with the auto insurance industry betting that you will try to mss them and then crash into something.

Soundz like Wombats

w.jpg
    476 x 372 - 32K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    ps1borg said:
    Jan19 said:

...you mean where that big lightning bolt is hitting?
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,006
    sriesch said:

Too hot for caturday.

MistyMist said:

Hmmm... compose a render?  Is that like trying to calm down a frightened member of Santa's sled team?

Oh noes don't play this to the reindeers while you try to calm them down (the score by Sven Englund iz amazing)

kyoto kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    Jan19 said:

Heh yup, maybe 1500 meters behind that, is hard to say but just goes to show the advantages of living amongst tall stuff, unless it is flododing I guess :0

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

I want to go to either Washington state or Canada to escape this heat wave. lol

...was 95° in Portland. 91° up in Seattle today.  No escape here.

St Johns Newfoundland would be your best bet, mid 60s to low 70s for the next week.

ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    Jan19 said:

Heh yup, maybe 1500 meters behind that, is hard to say but just goes to show the advantages of living amongst tall stuff, unless it is flododing I guess :0

looks pretty though

wantz some o that lightning in carrara 

ps1borg said:
    MistyMist said:

Oh noes don't play this to the reindeers while you try to calm them down (the score by Sven Englund iz amazing)

the reindeers are in Lapland, Finland smiley

hungree, on the prowl ... 

This discussion has been closed.