My Lease Is Nearly Up On The Complaint Thread

Comments

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603
    MistyMist said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Etrigan said:
    MistyMist said:

this a fanci piana

If I'm not mistaken, it was a harpsichord, not a piano. 

...it is a piano, the image is from the episode  Requiem For Methuselah where Spock finds a manuscript of a work that the other character in the picture (Mr. Flint) claimed was his composition but Spock discovers was actually penned by hand of Johannes Brahms  The episode seemed to parallel the 1950s classic Forbidden Planet  where KIrk, Spock, and Bones beam down to a supposed uninhabited planet in search of a compound used to treat Rigellian Fever to find Mr. Flint (Morbeus), his ward Rayna (Altera), and a protective robot named M4 (Robby) as the only inhabitants.

...a harpsichord was used in the Squire of Gothos which was played by both the character Trelane (whom many feel returned as "Q" in Next Gen) and Uhrura

pic is from the requiem episode.

searched who is methuselah, up came this episode, and sir anthony hopkins.

I stand corrected smiley . I lack the memory of all the episodes but I do have a memory (perhaps false) of Spock playing a harpsichord. 

• Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109
    edited August 2016
    MistyMist said:

waz the ds termonolgy for a (poser) smart prop?

Isn't it just...smart prop? 

Does DS have smart props?

A morphed prop maybe?

I looked at the options, and I can't figure that out either.

Post edited by Jan19 on
    edited August 2016
    MistyMist said:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/35191/is-there-a-way-to-save-objects-as-smart-props-in-daz

Maybe this will help.  Google is my friend. :-)

2 yrs ago, but maybe still good?

Post edited by Jan19 on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    kyoto kid said:
    Etrigan said:
    MistyMist said:

this a fanci piana

...it is a piano, the image is from the episode  Requiem For Methuselah where Spock finds a manuscript of a work that the other character in the picture (Mr. Flint) claimed was his composition but Spock discovers was actually penned by hand of Johannes Brahms  The episode seemed to parallel the 1950s classic Forbidden Planet  where KIrk, Spock, and Bones beam down to a supposed uninhabited planet in search of a compound used to treat Rigellian Fever to find Mr. Flint (Morbeus), his ward Rayna (Altera), and a protective robot named M4 (Robby) as the only inhabitants.

...a harpsichord was used in the Squire of Gothos which was played by both the character Trelane (whom many feel returned as "Q" in Next Gen) and Uhrura

Q in NG was not the same, but it was later revealed that Trelane was "a" Q, a member of the Q continuum.  There is a book that uses that premise...Q Squared I think.

Dana

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

I remember seeing the phrase "smart prop" in the Daz Store a few times.  I think smart prop describes the relationship of a parent prop to its child.  A child prop that is parented to a parent prop will move when you move the parent.  Daz Studio uses smart props.

nevermind: Jan19 answered your question.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    MistyMist said:

AFAIk is a "Figure Prop Asset", File>SaveAs>support assets>FigurePropAsset

;)

Jan19 said:

Good morning, everybody. :-)

This morning was a bit of a blur

t.png
    229 x 27 - 8K
    MistyMist said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Etrigan said:
    MistyMist said:

this a fanci piana

Legend who lived for 969 years before the flood ;)

MistyMist said:

a bit relief from the humidz today

Iz warming up here a little, mebbe some balance iz happening ? ;)

edited August 2016

Think I'm going to go on holiday...

P3.jpg
    1000 x 610 - 83K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391

Just finished modeling and rendering this  :3

I probably could have modeled it in a more efficient way (Mostly used Splines, Spline Masks, and Booleans)  but I'm pleased with it all the same ^_^

snescontroller-2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 113K
    screenshot.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 344K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    ps1borg said:
    MistyMist said:

;)

Thanks. smiley

what do they call it in lightwave?

terminology diffs, confuses a converdsation, :

Poser = material zones, nodes
    Carrara = shader domains, ?
    DS = ? , bricks

lessee if i can do it without tripping 

alpha
    bravo
    charlie
    delta
    echo
    foxtrot
    gulf
    hotel
    india
    juliet
    kilo
    lima
    mike
    november?  keep wanting to say nancy, it's not nancy!  lol
    oscar
    poppa
    quebec
    uniform
    whisky
    yankee
    zulu

then theres
    10-4 - they don't say 10-4 at dayjob, bus drivers say it.
    roger
    roger roger
    wilco = will comply
    selcal = selective call

to describe below, - ickk  

Rezca said:

I probably could have modeled it in a more efficient way (Mostly used Splines, Spline Masks, and Booleans)  but I'm pleased with it all the same ^_^

splines! is the funnest one

Rezca said:

splines! is the funnest one

ps1borg said:
    MistyMist said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Etrigan said:
    MistyMist said:

this a fanci piana

Legend who lived for 969 years before the flood ;)

he didnt survive the flood?

the witnesses ladies on the bus call it the deluge.

sandals on the bus, gave a peek into private lives, lol

one lady had silver toe polish, except one big toe, no polish
    nother lady had big toes polished orange, rest of her toes polished green.

Good morning, everybody. smiley

MistyMist said:

The fruitcake lady

Rezca said:

yes

Splines and booleans always made me mad. :-)  Except Modo's meshfusion.

Jan19 said:
    MistyMist said:

The fruitcake lady

fruit salad for lunch sounds good smileycheekylaugh

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    Rezca said:

Sweet modeling. Looks very real rendered.yes

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561

...still struggling with 3D modelling myself.  Not like building a car model out of styrene or an aeroplane model out of balsa wood and fabric, or building a skyscraper out of Legos.

Probably need to wait until total virtual immersion is available and affordable so I shape things with my hands like a sculptor would with clay in virtual space.

Morning. Rising sun and falling rain giving up a promise of spring, and the new day an up and down kinda feel,  a little after daybreak :)

edited August 2016
    MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:
    MistyMist said:

;)

Thanks. smiley

what do they call it in lightwave?

terminology diffs, confuses a converdsation, :

Poser = material zones, nodes
    Carrara = shader domains, ?
    DS = ? , bricks

lessee if i can do it without tripping 

alpha
    bravo
    charlie
    delta
    echo
    foxtrot
    gulf
    hotel
    india
    juliet
    kilo
    lima
    mike
    november?  keep wanting to say nancy, it's not nancy!  lol
    oscar
    poppa
    quebec
    uniform
    whisky
    yankee
    zulu

then theres
    10-4 - they don't say 10-4 at dayjob, bus drivers say it.
    roger
    roger roger
    wilco = will comply
    selcal = selective call

to describe below, - ickk  

A shader by any other name is still a shader :) The prop thing is generically a parent in place operation, where the co-ordinate system of the child is inherited from its parent. In other words the child object inherits the coordinate system ( -1 to 1) of its parent object like when you subclass an object to inherit its attributes in (say) C++ . Often you can't save the child without its parent object, the smart prop thing is a workaround which tells the software to use the co-ordinate system of the parent object - nice feature but a software bolt-on rather than anything to do with the math involved.

edited August 2016

Error 503 complaints

guruMeditation.png
    995 x 153 - 8K
    edited August 2016
    kyoto kid said:

...still struggling with 3D modelling myself.  Not like building a car model out of styrene or an aeroplane model out of balsa wood and fabric, or building a skyscraper out of Legos.

Probably need to wait until total virtual immersion is available and affordable so I shape things with my hands like a sculptor would with clay in virtual space.

Several of us were learning 3D modeling, years ago, and I remember one girl said she kept wanting to poke her finger inside the screen and nudge points into place. :-)

You might try a 3D mouse.  I can't model in Modo without a 3D mouse.  Not that much modeling gets done these days.  I still do a little along and along, for practice.

In another thread, someone was trying to fold a plane, and I tried that.  Then I saw that the rascal would need to be double-sided and said forget it.

For ZBrush, I use a pen and tablet. :-)

Post edited by Jan19 on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

Complaint:

Why can't manufacturers be bothered to put their logos or product name on their gaddamn power adaptors?  I pay $300 for a device and the friggin' adaptor says "Hon-Kwang" on it... Do you know Hon-Kwang? When you need an adaptor, on the way to the adaptor store, do you say "I hope they stock Hon-Kwang" adaptors?... Or do you open the box and say "Who the hell is Hon-Kwang and why is this in the box with my new $300 Yamaha keyboard?"...  In my adaptor box: KleeTec (old HornTek HD case), Skukky Ltd. (unknown, but was being used for a pencil sharpener probably was from an old modem ), Nan Doe ( I only labeled it "router"... Maybe US robotics?), Asia Power Devices (WD 250 Gb aux HD), Yuhai Electronics Inc. (very old HD case), Absolutely No Name or Lable, but a barcode (old CableVision modem)... Except for Sony, Cannon, LynkSys, and Netgear who seem to have no problem adding their logo to the adaptor, I labeled all of the adaptors...   I get that no-name, or unknown name adaptors may (spelled that correctly but the iPad decided that it needed to be "adapted stay" after I started writing "get") get used sometimes, but for crap sake, could people at least slap a damn lable on the thing...  Long ago I started writing what the adaptor belonged to on my adaptors... In silver Sharpie no less, but if anyone else in this house opens a box first, all bets are off... So now we have a "?" Box of adaptors with no device or home... So annoying to go through... Find the power specs, match specs on adaptors, try those until a plug fits... Stupid.

made it home before the bad weather started

tstorms, hail, ... tornadoes

pertties :)  blue firenado

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

3D mouse???

McGyver said:

Complaint:

Why can't manufacturers be bothered to put their logos or product name on their gaddamn power adaptors?  I pay $300 for a device and the friggin' adaptor says "Hon-Kwang" on it... Do you know Hon-Kwang? When you need an adaptor, on the way to the adaptor store, do you say "I hope they stock Hon-Kwang" adaptors?... Or do you open the box and say "Who the hell is Hon-Kwang and why is this in the box with my new $300 Yamaha keyboard?"...  In my adaptor box: KleeTec (old HornTek HD case), Skukky Ltd. (unknown, but was being used for a pencil sharpener probably was from an old modem ), Nan Doe ( I only labeled it "router"... Maybe US robotics?), Asia Power Devices (WD 250 Gb aux HD), Yuhai Electronics Inc. (very old HD case), Absolutely No Name or Lable, but a barcode (old CableVision modem)... Except for Sony, Cannon, LynkSys, and Netgear who seem to have no problem adding their logo to the adaptor, I labeled all of the adaptors...   I get that no-name, or unknown name adaptors may (spelled that correctly but the iPad decided that it needed to be "adapted stay" after I started writing "get") get used sometimes, but for crap sake, could people at least slap a damn lable on the thing...  Long ago I started writing what the adaptor belonged to on my adaptors... In silver Sharpie no less, but if anyone else in this house opens a box first, all bets are off... So now we have a "?" Box of adaptors with no device or home... So annoying to go through... Find the power specs, match specs on adaptors, try those until a plug fits... Stupid.

Roll it out, Mac. :-)

edited August 2016

3D mouse???

Google.  3D Mouse. :-)

I use the Space Mouse with my left hand, and the regular mouse with my right.  Together.  All at once. 

Post edited by Jan19 on
This discussion has been closed.