Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Porbably not..... At least if you aren't a law abiding citizen lol.

Hmm.....no comment.  laugh

lol always a wise choice...

edited July 2016

Quickie test of the starship vampire and Digitimes Starfields that were on sale today.  I did absolutely nothing, dropped the starfield in, dropped the ship in, tilted it, added a spotlight, rotated the starfield- hit render. Less than 5 minutes.   3Delight.

Love it so far, super easy to use and a ton of different mat files.  Huge possibilities with these. Obviously there is so much more I could do to blend the ship in better etc etc. 

Starship Vampire and Starfield Test Render.png
    1920 x 1920 - 4M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Quickie test of the starship vampire and Digitimes Starfields that were on sale today.  I did absolutely nothing, dropped the starfield in, dropped the ship in, tilted it, added a spotlight, rotated the starfield- hit render. Less than 5 minutes.   3Delight.

Love it so far, super easy to use and a ton of different mat files.  Huge possibilities with these. Obviously there is so much more I could do to blend the ship in better etc etc. 

That looks great! It's hard to believe it's 3Delight - it looks like Iray! Very cool 

That looks great! It's hard to believe it's 3Delight - it looks like Iray! Very cool 

Thanks!  I need to blend it in a bit better and add some of the star shine reflection to the ship but overall, given the age of the props I am very pleased with this.  I love the stardome there are lots of options and even more when you rotate the dome.

edited August 2016

Night Falling - For a contest on Deviant Art involving angels and night time. I actually got it done in time.  Barely lol.  Two for two I must be on a roll.

Photoshop for postwork + Filter Forge

Night Falling.jpg
    1920 x 1920 - 739K

The new Hivewire Cat is here... I couldn't resist he/she is just beautiful.

The new Hivewire Cat is here... I couldn't resist he/she is just beautiful.

Beautiful render! What a tender moment! :D I like the lighting too, very rich and lovely! I had a little trouble seeing the cat, as it was a bit dark, so I brightened it a bit in photoshop so I can see the cat's details (I hope you don't mind): http://orig00.deviantart.net/b087/f/2016/221/5/b/a2506a0b9a2b9dc6a26a4ef38f447d_b_by_divamakeup-dada8uy.jpg

That kitty is so cool - the fur details look amazing! I think I may have to get it! 

I wonder if the cat would work with Zeddicuss's Wild Poses: https://www.zeddicuss3d.com/free-poses-for-genesis-2-3-male-and-female/

Don't mind at all! Its a late sunset scene but I have no problem with you playing with it lol. It looks good lighter as well! I am working on matching lighting to a background image otherwise I would probably have done something a bit lighter.  But I really wanted to try out this background in the environments tab.  Didn't know I could do that lol.  I will be doing some with the regular coat as well.

I don't know if the cat will work but I used the poses that came with the cat then used the poses for Olympia 6 big cat poses on Rune and just did some slight adjustments to get it to actually fit.  I will have to see how well the big cat poses work on this guy.  Maybe tomorrow as its bedtime tonight lol.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Love your cat image!  I've been considering the new cat, but so far I've held off.  It does look good, though.

Don't mind at all! Its a late sunset scene but I have no problem with you playing with it lol. It looks good lighter as well! I am working on matching lighting to a background image otherwise I would probably have done something a bit lighter.  But I really wanted to try out this background in the environments tab.  Didn't know I could do that lol.  I will be doing some with the regular coat as well.

I don't know if the cat will work but I used the poses that came with the cat then used the poses for Olympia 6 big cat poses on Rune and just did some slight adjustments to get it to actually fit.  I will have to see how well the big cat poses work on this guy.  Maybe tomorrow as its bedtime tonight lol.

Sounds good. I'm glad you weren't offended. :) Sleep well! 

Love your cat image!  I've been considering the new cat, but so far I've held off.  It does look good, though.

Thank you! Its a really easy model to work with.

Sounds good. I'm glad you weren't offended. :) Sleep well! 

I'm really hard to offend lol.  Life's too short and I am always open to suggestions and new ideas.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Wonderful cat image.  Does the hw cat come with some sort of fur product or is a texture map or done in post or....?

diomede said:

Wonderful cat image.  Does the hw cat come with some sort of fur product or is a texture map or done in post or....?

The fur comes as a material.  As far as I can tell its a texture map.  I didn't do anything at all to it except to apply it to the cat.  The regular coat is gorgeous as well.  You can't see it in this image but you can see the spots in the black fur as well. Its a beautiful coat.  I will be doing a couple more that have more light in them or you can look at divamakeups link a couple posts above, she ran it through photoshop to lighten it.

edited August 2016

Wanted to try out the Dreki.  Used a V4 character for this one I really like her a lot.  This isn't finished, its slated for post work yet, lots of dirt and blood to and some adjustments to make in photo shop still.

dreki attack 3.png
    802 x 841 - 864K
    edited August 2016

Another quickie - testing out SAV's  0 Gravity Hair.  This is an amazing hair.  I think I am now ready to tackle a mermaid now that I have a hair that will look like its floating.

Anyway this is Jessica for G2F from MDC (Most Digital Creations)

This one is also slated for some post work but not quite as much as the Dreki.  and I think I am going to re render and use the fit control on that top.  Its way too tight...

Oh and I forgot to mention that both of these are 3Delight this time around.

Dancing for the King 2.png
    800 x 1294 - 2M

I really like that last one, Sonja.  That hair looks amazing and I love your color choices.  You have a kind of nice sunset glow about it, too.

Thanks! The hair is amazing. I am sure that I will be using it a lot.  The lighting is what came with it, this is Aslan Court 1.  The only thing I added was a point light by her face as it was pretty shadowed and you couldn't really see it.  I tried to match the lighting from the scene with the point light.  I need to do something with the glare on the floor, I want to tone it down just a bit but I will be doing that postwork and not in scene.

• Looks good, Sonja!

Looks good, Sonja!

Thank you!  Hopefully I am improving just a bit with practice lol.  I am still debating with myself if I want to go to the full on photoshop program and pay monthly or stick with the elements program.  I absolutely loathe the rent to use programs but it has a several tools that I would use regularly that are not avialable on the elements program. 

• You know, I'm not a big fan of the rental model either.   That said, I'm really enjoying what I can do with PS.    

edited August 2016

Another quickie - testing out SAV's  0 Gravity Hair.  This is an amazing hair.  I think I am now ready to tackle a mermaid now that I have a hair that will look like its floating.

Anyway this is Jessica for G2F from MDC (Most Digital Creations)

This one is also slated for some post work but not quite as much as the Dreki.  and I think I am going to re render and use the fit control on that top.  Its way too tight...

Oh and I forgot to mention that both of these are 3Delight this time around.

That hair looks amazing! I wish they had that here at Daz, I've not bought anything from Rendo and it seams like they don't really get the kind of deep discounts that we get here at Daz (I could be wrong about that though, as I'm not as familiar with Rendo). 

Fantastic render btw, I'm loving the motion of the dance - you captured it both in her hair as well as her body "movement". Beautiful work! 

Post edited by 3Diva on

Thanks Diva!  Its premade pose with a bit of tweaking so I can't really take the credit for that.  Rendo has good discounts as well if you are part of the their Prime program (I think its $29 a year).  They have flash sales and prime items that are as low as $3.50.  and there are monthly coupons and freebies as well.  You do have to read things carefully some of the stuff is Poser compatible only.  A lot of poser items can be used in Studio but you have to be careful of the ones that say for Poser cloth room only and things like that. I shop here more than there but I still pick up a fair amount of stuff there at a good price.  and I am like the biggest bargain hunter around lol.

Thanks Diva!  Its premade pose with a bit of tweaking so I can't really take the credit for that.  Rendo has good discounts as well if you are part of the their Prime program (I think its $29 a year).  They have flash sales and prime items that are as low as $3.50.  and there are monthly coupons and freebies as well.  You do have to read things carefully some of the stuff is Poser compatible only.  A lot of poser items can be used in Studio but you have to be careful of the ones that say for Poser cloth room only and things like that. I shop here more than there but I still pick up a fair amount of stuff there at a good price.  and I am like the biggest bargain hunter around lol.

Ah cool - thank you for the info. I think it might be worth shopping there if one had the Prime program, I can't say that I can see paying for that as well as the PC membership here. heheh I DID score a yearly PC membership for $12.60, though, which was AMAZING! 

After being introduced to PC membership I can't imagine not having it anymore - so I'm really excited that I was able to score the yearly membership so cheap! I know I couldn't have afforded to get it at full price, or even half price, so I feel really blessed to have been able to get it! 

If Rendo ever did something like that, I may have to try them out as well. heheh :) There are a couple of vendors there that make characters that are stunning.

I know I scored the yearly membership as well for the $12 price.  I think I am now good for 14 months or something like that lol.  They do have some lovely characters and hair too.  I rarey buy either one any more but I've been waiting on the Zero Gravity hair to go on sale and finally felt like I could afford it lol.

Yeah, I like some of the stuff at Rendo.  The only thing I don't like is that DAZ has a much better return policy which means you have to be really careful about what you buy over there.  Fortunately, all of the vendors that I've made purchases with have had really good customer service.

edited August 2016

Yeah, I've been eyeing Mary Jane by Second Circle - she looks STUNNING: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/mary-jane-for-g3f/114752/      

She's on sale right now and I really want her. Sadly though, I'm pretty broke and don't think my hubby would let me get her. lol I really wish Second Circle sold her here, I could add her to my wish list and wait it out and I'd be sure it would go on sale again, probably even cheaper. As for Rendo, I have no idea how often their items go on sale so I wouldn't know if/when she'd be on sale again. Oh well, I don't even have Teen Josie 7 - so she probably doesn't look nearly that good without the base morph. lol Sour grapes and all that. :P

Post edited by 3Diva on

Oh she does look stunning!  Stuff goes on sale frequently and you can wishlist her on Rendo without being a Prime member you just have to have an account.  You get an email notice if something in your wishlist goes on sale.  I have stuff that's been on my wishlist for 6 months or more and it goes on sale every month or two.

Oh she does look stunning!  Stuff goes on sale frequently and you can wishlist her on Rendo without being a Prime member you just have to have an account.  You get an email notice if something in your wishlist goes on sale.  I have stuff that's been on my wishlist for 6 months or more and it goes on sale every month or two.

Oh sweet! Thanks, Sonja! :) 

Oh sweet! Thanks, Sonja! :) 

Any time!

She does look nice.  I hadn't seen her yet.  I love that skin.  I really like most skins with freckles, though.  :)

This discussion has been closed.