Flash Sale alerts

19495969798100»

Comments

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

Are there clothing converters and texture converters to turn V3/M3 stuff into V4/M4 stuff?  I've always thought for example the V3/M3 uniforms in the War Hammer sci-fi set looked even better than the V4/M4 ones, as one example.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

"Are there clothing converters and texture converters to turn V3/M3 stuff into V4/M4 stuff?"

Sure. For clothing there is Crossdresser (with the right addons) or Clothing Converter 4. Probably others, as well. For textures there's Texture Converter 2 (with the right addons) and probably others. I have a couple of those, but frankly haven't really used them much, so I can't say how well they work.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,771

If you use Poser, JoePublic did weight-mapped versions of V3 and D3, download them here (RTEncoded)...

http://orphans.basicwiz.com/

I would love a big sale on the first three generations of DAZ figures. There are items that I can't rationalize at full price but would be mighty happy to have at a major discount.

I realize we're chatting a lot more on this thread than usual. I think it's the combination of the big sale and knowing we'll be starting a new thread soon.

• WandW, good to know. Thanks!

I find M3RR and V3RR very useful for background characters. Haven't picked up S3 or D3 because Daz charges so much more for them than the other Gen3 figures, but I use their clothes sometimes on A3's and H3's versions of their bodies.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

Fastgrab changed: http://www.daz3d.com/fast-grab-3d-models/

Great stuff in there. :)

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

There's a gift card sale banner. Must be a new character on the way...

• mambanegramambanegra Posts: 569
    edited July 2016
    Redz said:

wow, you gotta spend a lot to really get much out of that one. Not sure it makes much sense to me. 

edit: Actually, it's not so bad. The price of the GC counts toward the discount, it would seem. 

Post edited by mambanegra on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    Redz said:

wow, you gotta spend a lot to really get much out of that one. Not sure it makes much sense to me. 

edit: Actually, it's not so bad. The price of the GC counts toward the discount, it would seem. 

I bet that won't last!

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    barbult said:
    Redz said:

I bet that won't last!

Why wouldn't it? surprise Or am I misunderstanding something?

Of course the GC price counts towards the discount. THAT is the discount. You don't have to buy other stuff for $201 to get the discount, you need to buy $201 worth of GC to get the discount.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268
    edited July 2016
    Redz said:

It didn't for me earlier.It just seemed to work as advertised.  There is a basic discount based on the amount of the gift card; then you get an extra 2% discount with the purchase of any new release over $1 ($2.09 PC+ items work)

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

I was waiting for a gift card sale, so this came along at the right time. Unlike most GC sales, you get the discount without the need to purchase anything. If you want, you can add in a new item to get an additional discount of 2% (in my case, I added one of this week's PC items and the total was less than for the gift card alone).

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    Ati said:
    barbult said:
    Redz said:

I bet that won't last!

Why wouldn't it? surprise Or am I misunderstanding something?

Of course the GC price counts towards the discount. THAT is the discount. You don't have to buy other stuff for $201 to get the discount, you need to buy $201 worth of GC to get the discount.

Maybe I misunderstood.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Trying to get my gift card but wow!  all the store pages are taking forever to load and mostly timeout or give you the logging you in now message, or can't load personalized data....this page took several minutes to load not to see if it will post...now cloudfare error

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,500
    Jonstark said:

Are there clothing converters and texture converters to turn V3/M3 stuff into V4/M4 stuff?  I've always thought for example the V3/M3 uniforms in the War Hammer sci-fi set looked even better than the V4/M4 ones, as one example.

Just to put it out there that clothing converters for older content is a little hit and miss, especially with distorted or stretched meshes. For my G2F work, I've personally readjusted and "rerigged" older items because it was impossible to autofit without headaches.

• CZCZ Posts: 160
    Kharma said:

Trying to get my gift card but wow!  all the store pages are taking forever to load and mostly timeout or give you the logging you in now message, or can't load personalized data....this page took several minutes to load not to see if it will post...now cloudfare error

It even didn't accept my credit card, which I used here several times before. Hopefully the GC sale will be still there tomorrow and the page will work then.

• Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325

Note carefully what the "extra 2% off" means (if you also buy that new item).

You won't be getting a 6%, 10% or 14% discount gift card. Close, but not.

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602

I had that too. Somehow on a $225 card with a new release it came to $194.04. A 14% discount should have been $193.50. The difference isn't enough to hassle over but I really need to learn Daz-math! LOLOL

But thanks for the card sale Daz! You can have my .54 cents. :P

mtl1 said:
    Jonstark said:

Just to put it out there that clothing converters for older content is a little hit and miss, especially with distorted or stretched meshes. For my G2F work, I've personally readjusted and "rerigged" older items because it was impossible to autofit without headaches.

Thanks for the heads up.  There's only a couple of V3/M3 clothing items I might want to use on my Genesis1, so I was figuring I would use a clothing converter to get to V4/M4, then use Sickleyields clones to get it to Genesis1.  That might seem like a long winding road to get them on the figure I want, rife with opportunity for things to go wrong, but my final step is to turn them into a Carrara clothing autofit, and I've found it's very easy to simply adjust/correct any problems that might be on the mesh by modeling in the assembly room, so I'm pretty confident it will work, though I'll be forewarned that the conversion process for V3/M3 to V4/M4 might have some hiccups.  :)

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268

I had that too. Somehow on a $225 card with a new release it came to $194.04. A 14% discount should have been $193.50. The difference isn't enough to hassle over but I really need to learn Daz-math! LOLOL

What happens is as usual they stack instead of adding. So, for example a $100 gift card with 4% off would be $96.00; then the 2% is taken off the $96.00 leaving a net cost of $94.08

I've never done the Giftcard thing before, not sure of the allure, doesn't seem like that much of a discount and I would be banking on the gamble that I would be spending over $200.00 on future DAZ purchases in the coming year.  I've gone through a long dry spell where I have pretty much all I needed and didn't purchase anything, although over the last month Daz roped me back in with that bundle sale and I've spent a couple of hundred, but I'm less sure I would be spending that much.

Although I guess it's kind of sort of a stacking discount.  If I spend (as per the example above) $194 to get a $225 gift card, while that isn't a ton of savings on it's own, if I only spend it on fastgrab items that are 70% off or similar sale items that are steeply discounted, I suppose that could really turn into a useful discount over the long haul...

What happens is as usual they stack instead of adding. So, for example a $100 gift card with 4% off would be $96.00; then the 2% is taken off the $96.00 leaving a net cost of $94.08

It's odd though, because I'm pretty sure the last few didn't work like that for gift cards. But ok, it's a good deal anyway. :)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited July 2016
    The difference isn't enough to hassle over but I really need to learn Daz-math! LOLOL

It's not DAZ maths, it's Magento maths. As we found out right after the website switchover a few years ago, the store software apparently can't reliably count two different ways and get the same answer. The final total always seems to be right (I think) but some of the intermediate numbers are sometimes a little bit off. We've long ago given up complaining about it.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    Jonstark said:
    mtl1 said:
    Jonstark said:

Thanks for the heads up.  There's only a couple of V3/M3 clothing items I might want to use on my Genesis1, so I was figuring I would use a clothing converter to get to V4/M4, then use Sickleyields clones to get it to Genesis1.  That might seem like a long winding road to get them on the figure I want, rife with opportunity for things to go wrong, but my final step is to turn them into a Carrara clothing autofit, and I've found it's very easy to simply adjust/correct any problems that might be on the mesh by modeling in the assembly room, so I'm pretty confident it will work, though I'll be forewarned that the conversion process for V3/M3 to V4/M4 might have some hiccups.  :)

http://www.daz3d.com/gen-3-iconic-shapes-for-genesis

• Peter FulfordPeter Fulford Posts: 1,325

It's not DAZ maths, it's Magento maths. As we found out right after the website switchover a few years ago, the store software apparently can't reliably count two different ways and get the same answer. The final total always seems to be right (I think) but some of the intermediate numbers are sometimes a little bit off. We've long ago given up complaining about it.

It's not a Magento glitch; it's just the standard DAZ discounting wording / method. There is no maths error.

Tjohn said:
    Jonstark said:
    mtl1 said:
    Jonstark said:

Had seen that before and always thought it was just the shapes of the V3/M3 characters, which I didn't care much for anyway, but just read the fine print that it must containg clones, since it says you can autofit V3/M3 clothes to genesis with that.  Lol, how did I miss that before?  Thank you for pointing it out; very useful!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited July 2016
    Jonstark said:

Thanks for the heads up.  There's only a couple of V3/M3 clothing items I might want to use on my Genesis1, so I was figuring I would use a clothing converter to get to V4/M4, then use Sickleyields clones to get it to Genesis1.  T...

A much shorter way for that: http://www.daz3d.com/v3-and-m3-shapes-for-genesis

Edited to add: I should have read the rest of the thread ... Sorry.

By the way: PAGE 100!!!!!

Post edited by Kerya on
  • lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

It's odd though, because I'm pretty sure the last few didn't work like that for gift cards. But ok, it's a good deal anyway. :)

Yeah, last few gift card sales were additive and not Daz math, so this one is an oddity. 

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,500
    Jonstark said:
    Tjohn said:
    Jonstark said:
    mtl1 said:
    Jonstark said:

Had seen that before and always thought it was just the shapes of the V3/M3 characters, which I didn't care much for anyway, but just read the fine print that it must containg clones, since it says you can autofit V3/M3 clothes to genesis with that.  Lol, how did I miss that before?  Thank you for pointing it out; very useful!

I own this product and I would say it's *extremely* limited in usage. Like I mentioned, the problem lies in mesh distortions and stretching, which auto-fit cannot guarantee especially with certain clothing items and rigs. Skirts are a huge issue too.

For example, a reasonably long shirt will have mesh distortions near the bottom because the product was designed with a different rig system. Transferring it directly over to TriAx and auto-fitting leads to some... interesting results.

My workflow for converting V3/A3 items to G2F is to adjust the figure as much as I can with the built in handles and morphs, export it as an OBJ, reimport the OBJ and turn it back into a figure. DFormers and smoothing take care of the rest. It's extremely tedious but well worth it for some good products. Alternatively, you *could* attempt to transfer the rig of another piece of clothing but I haven't had good success with it due to inexperience.

lx said:

Yeah, last few gift card sales were additive and not Daz math, so this one is an oddity. 

Thanks Lx :) I thought I was losing my mind (more so than usual LOL). :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,192
    edited July 2016

It's not a Magento glitch; it's just the standard DAZ discounting wording / method. There is no maths error.

It's not even an oddity - it's the correct way to combine percentages. If it went from 12% to 14% that woudl be adding two percentage points to the discount, not an additional 2% discount.

New therad http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/101236/flash-sale-alerts-ii

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
This discussion has been closed.