Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

*keeping notes*

So another question. Do the creature morphs come as full body morphs or partials? Like... can I create a Poser!Genesis creature with say, the Anubis legs, the troll head, and the gorilla body? Mind you, I have no idea if that even works like that in DS4, but basically, do the creature morphs come in as partials or can we mix and match?

It depends on the figure -- Anubis has separate head and leg dials if you only want one of those, Troll and Gorilla have separate head dials. Some are only one FBM dial.

• ketthroveketthrove Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

*keeping notes*

So another question. Do the creature morphs come as full body morphs or partials? Like... can I create a Poser!Genesis creature with say, the Anubis legs, the troll head, and the gorilla body? Mind you, I have no idea if that even works like that in DS4, but basically, do the creature morphs come in as partials or can we mix and match?

This is up to the morphs creator. I know many of them come with an option to just apply the head, or to reverse the head out of the body. You'll have to look at individual products to see what splits they offer.

edited December 1969

OK. I'm still error message. What am I doing wrong.

Did you install both the GSE Core and the GSE Poser Companion Files? What is the full install path?

Yes I put both in Poser. F:Poser 9

Ok. Which one do I put items in? Poser 9 or Poser 9 Content? Also, do I use 32 bit or 64 bit?

The importer plugin should go wherever your other Python scripts are. The other two can go in any mapped content directory (install to the folder containing the Runtime folder).

• andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667
    edited December 1969

*keeping notes*

I don't have those specifically, so I can't say. But with David 3, for example, you have the option of doing a full body morph or just the head of David 3 (both of those dials are in the BODY). At least for the human figures, I don't see a way to just have one figures legs and another one's arms. I'm sure that boils down to rigging differences, so I would think it would be unlikely with Anubis, troll and gorilla. However, there are *universal* body morphs that can be used (e.g. for widening hips, etc.) I have no idea about the genesis creature creator morphs.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

OK. I'm still error message. What am I doing wrong.

Did you install both the GSE Core and the GSE Poser Companion Files? What is the full install path?

Yes I put both in Poser. F:Poser 9

Ok. Which one do I put items in? Poser 9 or Poser 9 Content? Also, do I use 32 bit or 64 bit?Poser 9 means you need 32 bit.

As for where to put the content, that depends, where is your content for Poser normally kept?

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

I need my werewolf... that would be Lycan...

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Good thing I'm seeing is the JCMs for the Sabbatic Goat get pulled over to.
    The easiest way I found to get it working is setup a new runtime folded in Poser 2012 and direct it to the DAZ3D My Lids Content runtime folder and load genesis from there it finds all the paths. But I guess someone has all ready said that.

edited December 1969

Sunfire said:

Yes the Lycan is working and the JCMs working on that to. Next I need to start working on the Mat presets export and get that working in Poser to.
    Lycan.jpg
    805 x 847 - 100K
  • Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

ok--I've done a fresh install of Poser 9, ran the SR3 update, installed both genesis essential files, and the 32bit DSON importer.
    I an running windows 7, 64 bit...

I get the dll failed to load (similar to what others are seeing) on the start up of Poser:

An errror occurred importing addon dson :
    ERROR: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

and these types of messages when I try to run the Scripts:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "H:\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\DSON Support\Importer Preferences....py", line 2, in
    import dson;
    File "H:\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\addons\dson\__init__.py", line 3, in
    import dson.dzdsonimporter
    ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

I had the same problem with the Aniblock Importer for Poser, but was not able to resolve it.
    My Poser 9 is not installed in my Program Files...I installed to a seperate location, but installed everything in the same folder (ie H:/Poser 9)

Is everyone having this problem running Windows 7, 64bit?

• cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Nightsong said:
    Ok, so, here's a question for you.

Now, I still don't totally understand how all this nifty, new-fangled stuff worked, but I'm looking through the DSON compatible products and saw that the various Gen3 and Gen4 for Genesis shapes were on the list. So, evidently, they've been updated with DSON capability.

What about those of us who carefully scoured the internet, looking through every nook and cranny because we're poor starving art students with barely two pennies to rub together, and purchased our Gen4/Gen3 shapes for Genesis via 3DWorld or ImagineFX magazine DVDs? Should we worry about not getting updates to these products?

Very good question Nightsong, I'd like an answer to that one too!

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    edited December 1969

In the first post it says "Yes, an action to convert files for use in the DSON Importer for Poser has been added to DAZ Studio version 4.5.1.6 ", which sounds great, but when I try to update Studio, I get version 4.5.0.114... is 4.5.1.6 not out yet, or ....?

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:

Yes the Lycan is working and the JCMs working on that to. Next I need to start working on the Mat presets export and get that working in Poser to.

Oh *BIG HUG* I really like Lycan, but I like my ability to light scenes better in Poser. Which means I'll be able to light him even better once I get him in Poser.

• TeloxiTeloxi Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

So, no PP2010? :( Well fierfek!

Ah well... I downloaded the files anyway. I need a new 1T drive before I can even think of PP2012...or any rendering

• ammon_fde0d92863ammon_fde0d92863 Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

Salem2007 said:
    ok--I've done a fresh install of Poser 9, ran the SR3 update, installed both genesis essential files, and the 32bit DSON importer.

I get the dll failed to load (similar to what others are seeing) on the start up of Poser:

File "H:\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\ScriptsMenu\DSON Support\Importer Preferences....py", line 2, in
    import dson;

I had the same problem with the Aniblock Importer for Poser, but was not able to resolve it.
    My Poser 9 is not installed in my Program Files...I installed to a seperate location, but installed everything in the same folder (ie H:/Poser 9)

Even though you have a 64 bit machine. Poser 9 is 32 Bit. You need to install the 32 bit version;

edited December 1969

Go Figure said:
    Salem2007 said:

import dson;

Even though you have a 64 bit machine. Poser 9 is 32 Bit. You need to install the 32 bit version;

I have the 32 bit version installed.

• Orphaned SoulOrphaned Soul Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Bigest problem I see is that V5 is still genesis and an import, what like made in china?
    it looks like another boof....
    say how about a v6 made for poser?.............
    actually the whole genesis buisness has saved me a lot of money ;)

edited December 1969

Nath said:
    In the first post it says "Yes, an action to convert files for use in the DSON Importer for Poser has been added to DAZ Studio version 4.5.1.6 ", which sounds great, but when I try to update Studio, I get version 4.5.0.114... is 4.5.1.6 not out yet, or ....?

See if there are more files on the next page, or just "buy" it again here: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/daz-studio-4-pro

• ketthroveketthrove Posts: 63
    edited October 2012

Salem2007 said:

import dson;

Can you do the following.

Launch the python shell (Scripts > Python Shell)

Then type: "sys.path" and hit enter

It will print out a list of paths. Is the "dzdsonimporter.pyd" file located in one of the printed paths?

Post edited by ketthrove on
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    Sunfire said:

Oh *BIG HUG* I really like Lycan, but I like my ability to light scenes better in Poser. Which means I'll be able to light him even better once I get him in Poser.
    OK we have lift off with the scripts but they only pull over the diffuse color nothing else so that means the rest of the poser stuff like Disp Bump and Spec are going to have be done manually.

Lycan-Mats.jpg
    805 x 847 - 91K
  • ammon_fde0d92863ammon_fde0d92863 Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

oops, I even quoted you saying that.

• Nester751Nester751 Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

Go Figure said:
    Very cool stuff DAZ

Gregorius said:
    I keep getting this "mainWacros" window when I open PP12 SR3:

ERROR: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Plus, I've installed the Starter content, but there's nothing new in my library yet.

Any ideas? I'm looking forward to toying around with Genesis in Poser!

For those that are getting these dll load failed errors, but are sure they installed right, I think you may want to install one or both of the following and report if it fixes it for you for the benefit of all:
    - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328
    - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523

Am testing this... seems to load without error after updating. Thank you for the tip. Haven't yet tried the dson script, bu no error at load on a Win 7 64 bit machine after doing this... Thanks again :) Crosses fingers that the script works.

edited December 1969

ketthrove said:
    Salem2007 said:

import dson;

Can you do the following.

Launch the python shell (Scripts > Python Shell)

Then type: "sys.path" and hit enter

It will print out a list of paths. Is the "dzdsonimporter.pyd" file located in one of the printed paths?

"dzdsonimporter.pyd" is not listed in the list, but I can confirm I have at this location:
    H:\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\addons\dson\dzdsonimporter.pyd

There is one path that reads "H:\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\addons\" but no path that ends directly at "H:\Poser 9\Runtime\Python\addons\dson\"

• NetherworksNetherworks Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

*sigh*

I'm in the group that has an invisible Genesis.

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit. Everything is outside of Program Files and any protected system folders. In fact, Poser Pro 2012 and all my Runtimes are on a completely different partition.

I downloaded and installed the 64-bit DSON Importer for Poser Win 64.

I installed the Genesis Starter Essentials Poser in a new Runtime, which I added to Poser Pro 2012 (D:\Content\Genesis)

I installed the Genesis Starter Essentials to D\Content\Genesis and de-selected install DAZ Studio files.

But I am noticing that now I have folders all over the place under D:\Content\Genesis.

Am I just not doing something right?

edited December 1969

Go Figure said:
    oops, I even quoted you saying that.

no problem :)

I only mentioned the aniblock importer becasue I think this is a windows problem, not Poser/Daz....

• GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited October 2012

Nester751 said:
    Go Figure said:
    Very cool stuff DAZ

Gregorius said:
    I keep getting this "mainWacros" window when I open PP12 SR3:

Plus, I've installed the Starter content, but there's nothing new in my library yet.

Any ideas? I'm looking forward to toying around with Genesis in Poser!

For those that are getting these dll load failed errors, but are sure they installed right, I think you may want to install one or both of the following and report if it fixes it for you for the benefit of all:
    - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328
    - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523

Am testing this... seems to load without error after updating. Thank you for the tip. Haven't yet tried the dson script, bu no error at load on a Win 7 64 bit machine after doing this... Thanks again :) Crosses fingers that the script works.

Lucky you. Out of desperation I tried both of them. Neither solved the problem for me, and I have the same system you have (Windows 7, 64-bit).

Should I try deleting older versions of the Visual C++ Redistributable perhaps?

Post edited by Gregorius on
  • WitchStormWitchStorm Posts: 186
    edited December 1969

Salem2007 said:

import dson;

Ok. I was having the same problem. I have Windows 7, 64 bit. I used the 32 bit for Poser 9. I have it on an external hard drive. I have the Poser 9 folder. Then there is the Poser 9 Content folder. I put the DSON Importer for Poser in the Poser 9 folder. The others I put in the Poser 9 Content folder. Now it works.

test.jpg
    833 x 510 - 12K
    edited December 1969

No just make a new runtime in Poser Pro 2012 and direct it the the runtime in the Daz content folder make sure you installed the 14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc there to

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775
    edited December 1969

Somebody might want to fix the M5 Pro Bundle. I've reset my downloads and found there are now two Mac copies of the Benjamin for M5 Poser Companion file but no PC version of same. Could be problematic, that.

edited December 1969

*sigh*

I'm in the group that has an invisible Genesis.

I'm on Windows 7 64 bit. Everything is outside of Program Files and any protected system folders. In fact, Poser Pro 2012 and all my Runtimes are on a completely different partition.

I downloaded and installed the 64-bit DSON Importer for Poser Win 64.

I installed the Genesis Starter Essentials Poser in a new Runtime, which I added to Poser Pro 2012 (D:\Content\Genesis)

I installed the Genesis Starter Essentials to D\Content\Genesis and de-selected install DAZ Studio files.

But I am noticing that now I have folders all over the place under D:\Content\Genesis.

Am I just not doing something right?

No just make a new runtime in Poser Pro 2012 and direct it the the runtime in the Daz content folder make sure you installed the 14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc there to
  • RedHeadLilithRedHeadLilith Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

namrettek said:
    I just got this. IN my downloads I have a WHOLE bunch of items. They seem to be duplicates...

I'm not sure if there is any difference. They seem to have the same names...

great more unnecessary files in my downloadable products wish there was a way to filter them to only the ones I need

This discussion has been closed.