GenX2 Update / Genesis 3 Add-On [Commercial]

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Thank you Hiro Protagonist and Dimension3D  smiley

• Is there any updated documentation for the Gen 3 add on?

It says there is on the shop listing, but I haven't found it yet.

frown

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited June 2016
    Redz said:

Anyone know where I can find the mentioned included fix morphs? I've just tried GenXing Oliver and he has significant poke through in the eye area. 

Redz, do you have Slosh's Genesis 2 shapes for Genesis 3? I transferred Oliver's sliders as "Selected morphs (with properties)", because he's a custom shape. I had the same issue with the eyes, I think, and scaling and moving them didn't help.

When I looked at the "Currently Used" parameters, I realized that Oliver's shape had somehow called not only the Michael 6 shape that comes with GenX but also the shape that comes with Slosh's product, because they have the same name. When I dialed the second shape out, the problem fixed itself.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765

Thanks! This is a great addition. Now I need to figure out what products I need to transfer G2 skins to G3 and visa versa. Does anyone know what products are needed for transfering skins?

• arne_cooperarne_cooper Posts: 3
    edited June 2016

arne_cooper: Looks like the known installer problem that sometimes occurs on Windows systems. Search your HD for the named files (you must include hidden folders) and make sure, they are located in ...\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\GenX2 for the correct user.

Okay, I checked the folder that you named, and those files are exactly where you said they should be. I still had the same errors, though.

I realized I did not have the updated version of GenerationX2, so I uninstalled everything again and reinstalled with the updated version. Now, everything works except G3M. The "Warnings" tab says:

No geometry definition found for target figure: Genesis 3 Male

Right now, I'm just happy to have G3F working, but sure wouldn't mind getting G3M to work, lol.

Post edited by arne_cooper on
  • Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464

arne_cooper: Looks like the known installer problem that sometimes occurs on Windows systems. Search your HD for the named files (you must include hidden folders) and make sure, they are located in ...\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\GenX2 for the correct user.

Okay, I checked the folder that you named, and those files are exactly where you said they should be. I still have the same errors, though.

Does the folder also has the file "GenX.ini"? The GenX2 folder that contains GenX.ini is the one where GenX2 also looks for the .gxt and other configuration files.

• So, i've had a go at converting some Genesis characters as single morphs. A couple of them work fine, but a couple of them end up with a broken left middle finger. Just the left one.

GenX3Issue.PNG
    455 x 395 - 173K
  • SGattonSGatton Posts: 51

I ran into that also -- and it's not just Genesis. Had it happen on a G2M also. Check the Bones. You'll see the Left Carpal 2 is waaaaaaaaay below and toward the center of the figure. To fix it:

1. Select Right Carpal 2
    2. In the main window pane over the joint, Right Click>Edit>Mirror Joint
    3. Node: Choose Selected Only
    4. Direction: Selected to Opposite
    5. Mirror X
    6. Accept.

That should fix the problem.

• janmclarejanmclare Posts: 32

I've been waiting for these bought all three with the discount. Many thanks

• arne_cooperarne_cooper Posts: 3
    edited June 2016

Does the folder also has the file "GenX.ini"? The GenX2 folder that contains GenX.ini is the one where GenX2 also looks for the .gxt and other configuration files.

It did not. Re-installed everything manually, instead of using the install manager, and it worked. Except for G3M. I'm pretty sure that the problem with my G3M is that it is not in the same directory as my other figures. I tried copying the files over, but that didn't work.

Anyway, the problem is with my set-up. Your stuff works just fine.

Apparently, I'm missing the .duf file for G3M.

Thank you for responding.

Post edited by arne_cooper on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    Superdog said:

Thanks! This is a great addition. Now I need to figure out what products I need to transfer G2 skins to G3 and visa versa. Does anyone know what products are needed for transfering skins?

Look up Cayman Studios both here and at Renderosity. His legacy UVs for G3 figures products are split between the two stores.

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765

Vaskania said:
    Superdog said:

Look up Cayman Studios both here and at Renderosity. His legacy UVs for G3 figures products are split between the two stores.

Ok thanks. Is this the only way to transfer skins at the moment?

• SGattonSGatton Posts: 51
    Superdog said:

Vaskania said:
    Superdog said:

Ok thanks. Is this the only way to transfer skins at the moment?

It seems to be, but I'm not too fond of the way it does it. I don't like how the geografting works with morphs.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890
    I'd be very curious to see how well G3 morphs work with G2
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,849

OK I am looking at a right mess, I use DS 4.7 and the DS4.9 Public build and beta which is all the installer finds and not where I had GenX installed and somehow trying to copy dll's  then tried manually installing it and made a worse mess so hopefully can unistall it from the later at least in DIM  and get a working version in at least one build.

I accept DS 4.7 not going to be supported but should not have  attempted doing both in first place as the old version still worked till I fiddled with it, I should have the installers for that somewhere too.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I have both 4.8 and 4.9.2.70 Beta installed. There is no GenX tab in the beta. Nor does GenX show up on the installed plugins list. Any morphs I've created in 4.8 do show up, however, and work just fine. But I have to create them in 4.8. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the base product and the G2 add-on. (The G3 add-on is in the cart. I'm just debating on whether or not to purchase some other things at the same time...)

I've also noticed, in the Beta, most of the plugins are missing the ability to register the plugin.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior with the Beta and GenX?

yes it seems it hates multiple versions of DS and only finds the beta which I installed with DIM

• PiscesdreamsPiscesdreams Posts: 91
    edited June 2016

I just bought the base plugin and the standard Gen 3 addon but my warnings tab states "No geometry defintion found for target figure: Genesis 3 Female" and same for the male.  Help?  And is it possible to transfer a head morph from Gen 3 to V4?  Using 4.8, not 4.9/Daz Connect.

Post edited by Piscesdreams on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Sad said:

yes it seems it hates multiple versions of DS and only finds the beta which I installed with DIM

In my case, it's not finding the beta. The main tab for creating the morphs, that is.

Once the morphs are created in 4.8, they show up in the beta for the figures in the Parameters tab.

I found my issue, I used the first pre GenX2  generationX one by accident redoing it and no nothing in beta now either but thats prob a DIM path issue, I cleaned up my mess using DIM after searching for and running all the uninstallers.

At least its working in 4.7 and g3M & F still load there as well, I need 4.7 for several functions that do not exist in later versions which is why I use the beta just for iray the big one in DS4.7 being rigging stuff properly so it works how I want with Content Creation tools and transfer utility.

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

Dimension3D said

"The new version of GenX2 is required for Genesis 3 support, but also has some other improvements. If you update the plugin, you also have to update all add-ons you own for GenX2. Old add-ons will not work in the updated plugin, and updated add-ons will not work in the old plugin.

Note: Please ignore any new versions of the initial GenX. They have been updated for installer reasons only, but contain no changes. Moreover, they will remove GenX2 if you own both versions."

Is the initial GenX actually required?

Since the whole question of which version will overwrite which version is somewhat confusing, I decided to uninstall all versions of GenX and GenX2 and their addons using DAZ Install Manager.

I then reinstalled GenX2 and the GenX2 addon for Genesis 2 and the GenX2 addon for Genesis 3.

Unfortunately, when I restart DS 4.9.2.7 and open GenX from the Windows panes tab I see that Source and Figure are still greyed out as in the attached image.

What am I doing wrong?

GenX2_problem2.PNG
    542 x 675 - 60K
    edited June 2016

I have subsequently uninstalled GenX2 and the addons from DS4.9.2.70 then closed the program. I then downloaded new copies of generation X, GenX2 and the genesis2 and 3 addons and installed them in that order.

I can now Load a figure (so presumably Generation X is required), but when I load V4.2 it gives an error (see attached image).

So the question is, now what am I doing wrong?

GenX2_problem3.PNG
    649 x 634 - 49K
    Post edited by IsaacNewton on
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    L'Adair said:
    Sad said:

In my case, it's not finding the beta. The main tab for creating the morphs, that is.

Once the morphs are created in 4.8, they show up in the beta for the figures in the Parameters tab.

I think in one of the previous betas( maybe 4.8) I had both beta and previous regular version installed and when I installed GenX it didn't show up in the beta and there was a post about copying over the dll file for genX from the main program to the beta and then it worked.  It was so long ago that I don't remember exactly but maybe someone else will chime in with details of that fix?

In general, I can't say much about the installers (executable or DIM), because they are made by DAZ. If there are any problems with the installation, there are two things to check/fix:
    1. The d3dGenX2.dll/dylib must be in the plugins folder for DAZ Studio (must match 32/64 bit versions). The old d3dGenX.dll/dylib has to be deleted, if it is in the plugins folder.
    2. The GenX2 folder with all the data files must be in "DAZ 3D\Studio4" (or "DAZ 3D\Studio4 Public Build" for the beta) for the user configuration folder (where you will find GenX.ini once the plugin was running at least one time).

How to use GenX with the public beta is described in the manual. In short, you just have to copy the dll/dylib and GenX2 folder as described above.

Piscesdreams: If Genesis is installed using DAZ Connect, you have to point GenX2 to the connect folder using the "Connect Path" button in the options.

IsaacNewton: The initial GenX is history and not required for GenX2. For whatever reason, DAZ insists to create installers for version 1, when I update version 2 of GenX. However, DIM installer for either version will uninstall the other, so be careful not to install version 1. Executable installer will not uninstall the other version, so you have to delete the old plugin d3dGenX.dll/dylib from the plugins folder manually. (Your screen shot shows version 1 of GenX, so for some reason the old dll/dylib has not been uninstalled. Go to the plugins folder and delete it.)

• Genesis 3 and GenX2 and addon is installed using DIM.  I'm on 4.8.

Hi D3D,

I have removed (as far as I can tell) all versions of DS except DS4.9.2.70 at C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build. I used DIM to uninstall GenX2 and addons. I checked in the plugins folder that neither the GenX or GenX2 dll files were present. I then downloaded new copies of GenX2 and the two addons for genesis 2 and 3 as manual downloads. I installed the three .exe files indicating the correct path when asked.

However, when i restart DS4.9.2.70 and select GenX from the Windows Panes Tab, I still get the same popu up with the the Source/Figure options greyed out.

I would rather not have to reformat my C drive to correct this problem, so what should I look for next?

GenX2_problem4.PNG
    332 x 651 - 25K

Piscesdreams: Sorry, missed that you mentioned DS 4.8. The error message means that GenX doesn't find the following files relative to the DAZ content directories listed in Content Directory Manager:
    - data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Female\Genesis3Female.dsf
    - data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Male\Genesis3Male.dsf

However, if DS is able to load Genesis 3 Male or Female, those files should exist at the given locations.

Also forgot to answer the other question: No, GenX will not transfer morphs to Poser figures. More generic morph transfer tools can be used for that.

IsaacNewton: Your new screen shot is GenX2. What message is in the Warnings tab? Either GenX doesn't find its data files like Genesis3F.gxt, or it doesn't find the Genesis geometry files. Both issues have been discussed in this forum thread before.

In the Warnings Tab I see:

No source figure definitions found.

No target figure definitions found.

I'll see if I can track down any references to these errors.

edited June 2016

So, I've seen some items suggesting that GenX2 may not be able to see the existing files relating to V4, genesis 1, 2 and 3 in DS4.9.2.70 (public beta).

If this is the problem, is there any way of pointing GenX2 to the existing files rather than having to reinstall all the figures again?

If I must reinstall all the figures again, then how should i make sure they go to the correct directories?

Post edited by IsaacNewton on

The error message indicates that the GenX2 configuration data folder is not found.

Is this the DS 4.9.2.70 release version or public beta? For the public beta, you have to copy the folder "GenX2" in your DAZ Studio configuration folder from "...\DAZ 3D\Studio4" to "...\DAZ 3D\Studio4 Public Beta".