GenX2 Update / Genesis 3 Add-On [Commercial]

Comments

• Panzer EmeraldPanzer Emerald Posts: 727
    edited June 2016

EleganceLiberty: Look into the Warnings tab, why Genesis 2 Female can't be loaded. Most likely, the geometry file can't be located. In that case, check where the file Genesis2Female.dsf is located. This must be either in a content folder or in the connect folder. In the latter case, be sure the "connect path" for GenX2 is the same as the one in Content Directory Manager.

Thanks! I found that (re)installing the Genesis 2 essentials via DIM fixed the problem. Still getting the hang of this (I, uh, pretty much imported the morphs for all my G2F/M characters, ahaha, but I'll still buy Sloshwerks' Legacies morphs b/c they have characters I never bought for Genesis 2), but the fact I can now use DarioFish's Genesis morphs on G3M/F makes me extremely happy. Now that I've got this figured out, I feel a lot more confident in upgrading to Genesis 3. You're awesome!

Post edited by Panzer Emerald on
  • IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

I have moved the GenX2 folder from C:\Users\....\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 to C:\Users\....\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 Public Build

However, when I start GenX I now get the following messages in the Warnings Tab:

Error reading definition: Genesis2M.gxt

Error reading definition: Genesis2F.gxt

However, the GenX2 file does contain those files as shown in the attached screenshot. Note: the folder: C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build does NOT contain GenX2. Should it?

GenX2_problem5.PNG
    960 x 536 - 93K
  • If GenX will work with the Public Beta (not all plug-ins will) then yes, you need to have the plug-in in the DS application folder/plug-ins as you do with the release build.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    Kharma said:
    L'Adair said:
    Sad said:

yes it seems it hates multiple versions of DS and only finds the beta which I installed with DIM

In my case, it's not finding the beta. The main tab for creating the morphs, that is.

Once the morphs are created in 4.8, they show up in the beta for the figures in the Parameters tab.

I think in one of the previous betas( maybe 4.8) I had both beta and previous regular version installed and when I installed GenX it didn't show up in the beta and there was a post about copying over the dll file for genX from the main program to the beta and then it worked.  It was so long ago that I don't remember exactly but maybe someone else will chime in with details of that fix?

I didn't have GenX when I started using the 4.8 Beta, but I recalled there were many plugins that had to be installed/reinstalled to show up in the beta. So that's what I did. It never occurred to me to check the manual to see if there was something else to do for the beta. Oops. I'm going to follow D3D's instructions now. I expect that will take care of the issue.
    blush

Thanks for your help, Kharma and Dimension3D.

• Dimension3DDimension3D Posts: 464

I have moved the GenX2 folder from C:\Users\....\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 to C:\Users\....\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4 Public Build

However, when I start GenX I now get the following messages in the Warnings Tab:

Error reading definition: Genesis2M.gxt

Error reading definition: Genesis2F.gxt

However, the GenX2 file does contain those files as shown in the attached screenshot. Note: the folder: C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build does NOT contain GenX2. Should it?

You must also update all add-ons for GenX2 to work with the updated plugin. The Genesis 2 .gxt are those from 2014, not the updated from 2016.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

DieTrying's 187 morphs from G2M -> G3M. Considering I've bought almost nothing for Genesis 3, having this to move things helps ENORMOUSLY.

G3M transfered morphs.png
    667 x 1080 - 3M
  • Had to play a litlle and see what I came up with. This is Duckie for Genesis on G3 and a mix of Troll, Little ones amd Atlas (Free morph). Counldn't fit any shoes to the troll mix though.

G3Duckie.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 669K
    G3troll.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 624K
  • One more and I'm off to bed. This is Genesis Zombie, Tough Guy head with G3 little ones Afican Male Skin.

G3zombie.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 614K

Sorry for any confusion due to installers being inconsistent. So, here are the rules:

1. Be aware of the differences between version 1 and 2 of GenX. All installers (execuatable and DIM) are named accordingly, the version 2 installers have the number 2 after the X.
    2. Never ever do any updates for Geneses Generation X and the GenX add-ons. They are version 1 and no longer updated, no matter if there are new installers or not.
    3. Install the update for Genesis Generation X2 and for all GenX2 add-ons. Be aware that the DIM installer should uninstall version 1, but executable installers won't uninstall version 1.
    4. If you have any trouble, ensure that Genesis Generation X2 shows version 2.1.0.0 in the "About installed plugins" dialog of DS. Check the following:
    a. The d3dGenX2.dll/dylib must be in the plugins folder for DAZ Studio (must match 32/64 bit versions). The old d3dGenX.dll/dylib has to be deleted, if it is in the plugins folder.
    b. The GenX2 folder with all the data files must be in "DAZ 3D/Studio4" (or "DAZ 3D/Studio4 Public Build" for the beta) for the user configuration folder under "AppData/Roaming" (Windows) or "Application Support" (Mac). The GenX2 folder used by the plugin will contain GenX.ini once the plugin was running at least one time.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

I seem to have two entries in my Serial Code page for Genesis Generation X but nothing for the version 2 which I know I paid for. 

Version 1 and 2 of GenX accept the same serial numbers.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

Okay... I'm trying to get G2F over to G3F and, while all the base morphs are transfering over fine, all the add-ons like base characters are not. I have every plug-in installed, including the updated GX2 itself. Is there something wrong with my transfer setup?

Untitled.png
    1600 x 852 - 426K
    Untitled2.png
    1600 x 852 - 181K
    Untitled3.png
    1600 x 852 - 291K

Version 1 and 2 of GenX accept the same serial numbers.

No pane for your plugin and this is what I see for "About Plugins"

ScreenHunter_215 Jun. 20 11.49.jpg
    613 x 414 - 57K
    edited June 2016

Progress but not there yet:

I removed GenX and GenX2 folders from DAZStudio4 and DAZStudio4 Public Build folders. I deleted d3dGenX2.dll from the Plugins folder in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\plugins.

I downloaded GenX2 and the GenX2 addons for genesis 2 and 3 from DAZ as manual downloads (.exe files) and ran these allowing the installation file to choose the destination folders.

I found that GenX2 folder had been installed in DAZStudio4 folder (under AppData/Roaming) and NOT DAZStudio4 Public Build folder, so I moved the GenX2 folder to the DAZStudio4 Public Build folder. I also copied the GenX2 folder to the plugins folder as Richard indicated that it should be there.

So, from your check list:

1. Be aware of the differences between version 1 and 2 of GenX. All installers (execuatable and DIM) are named accordingly, the version 2 installers have the number 2 after the X.
    2. Never ever do any updates for Geneses Generation X and the GenX add-ons. They are version 1 and no longer updated, no matter if there are new installers or not.
    3. Install the update for Genesis Generation X2 and for all GenX2 add-ons. Be aware that the DIM installer should uninstall version 1, but executable installers won't uninstall version 1.
    4. If you have any trouble, ensure that Genesis Generation X2 shows version 2.1.0.0 in the "About installed plugins" dialog of DS. Check the following:
    a. The d3dGenX2.dll/dylib must be in the plugins folder for DAZ Studio (must match 32/64 bit versions). The old d3dGenX.dll/dylib has to be deleted, if it is in the plugins folder.
    b. The GenX2 folder with all the data files must be in "DAZ 3D/Studio4" (or "DAZ 3D/Studio4 Public Build" for the beta) for the user configuration folder under "AppData/Roaming" (Windows) or "Application Support" (Mac). The GenX2 folder used by the plugin will contain GenX.ini once the plugin was running at least one time.

1: done, 2: none done, 3: done using manual downloads, 4: Version is 2.1.0.0 (see attached images), 4a: d3dGenX2.dll is back in the plugins folder following installation of GenX2. 4b: GenX2 is in correct folder under App/Roaming and after running GenX from Windows Panes Tab, the GenX.ini file appears in this folder and NOT the GenX2 folder I put into the Plugins folder.

I can now load (or drag/drop) a V4 character to the GenX window. I selected only the head morph as shown in the attached image. However when I select Transfer I get a error as shown in the attached image. (Note: this error appears whether I choose Fast, Edges or Smooth option.)

Note: there are still Warnings in the Warnings Tab (see attached image) but I don't know if they are simply persistent from last time.)

We are getting closer... what next?

GenX2_problem6a.PNG
    803 x 842 - 76K
    GenX2_problem6c.PNG
    880 x 734 - 49K
    GenX2_problem6b.PNG
    550 x 173 - 6K
    Post edited by IsaacNewton on

RCDeschene: G2F shows 446 morphs in the morph list. I think, this are just the base morphs. So, GenX transfers all the morphs it finds. Where are the other morphs installed? If they are installed by Connect, make sure you set the location of the connect folder with the "Connect Path" button in GenX.

RAMWolff: If both serials in your DAZ account don't work, you have to address this problem to DAZ customer support. I have no control over serials, the plugin just declares that it requires a serial.

IsaacNewton: Have a look at the file dates for Genesis2M.gxt and Genesis2F.gxt. I'm pretty sure they are still the 2014 version, not the 2016 version. I manually downloaded the Genesis 2 add-on installer from my product library, it is the 2016 version and it installs the 2016 files. Maybe you get the old installer due to some caching, no idea. The 2016 installer has a file size of 7.276.481 Bytes, so you can verify it. (That you can't transfer morphs from V4 to Genesis 3 without the Genesis 2 figure definitions is the correct behavior, because Genesis 3 has only clones for Genesis 2. Warnings are always actual warnings.)

edited June 2016

RCDeschene: G2F shows 446 morphs in the morph list. I think, this are just the base morphs. So, GenX transfers all the morphs it finds. Where are the other morphs installed? If they are installed by Connect, make sure you set the location of the connect folder with the "Connect Path" button in GenX.

Okay, I was able to properly connect the path to find the other morphs, but now I'm getting an output error...

Untitled.png
    1600 x 853 - 174K
    Post edited by RCDeschene on

Okay, I was able to properly connect the path to find the other morphs, but now I'm getting an output error...

Do you have the DAZ Connect path also as first Content directory folder? If so, the message is correct. Morphs are not loaded by DS if they are in the Connect path, but don't belong to the according product. Hence, GenX writes the created morphs to the first content library, which result in an error if it is the same as the Connect folder. Simply put a different content folder on top of the content folder list in Content Directory Manager.

• RCDeschene: G2F shows 446 morphs in the morph list. I think, this are just the base morphs. So, GenX transfers all the morphs it finds. Where are the other morphs installed? If they are installed by Connect, make sure you set the location of the connect folder with the "Connect Path" button in GenX.

Do you have the DAZ Connect path also as first Content directory folder? If so, the message is correct. Morphs are not loaded by DS if they are in the Connect path, but don't belong to the according product. Hence, GenX writes the created morphs to the first content library, which result in an error if it is the same as the Connect folder. Simply put a different content folder on top of the content folder list in Content Directory Manager.

DS itself allows the Connect directory to be the first DS Format Content directory, since the paths are different internally (\Data\Cloud\1_SKU vs. the bar content directory). The actual connect folder is therefore not the mapped directory, but a sub-directory (which DS knows to add automatically), and will not interfere with content written to the non-Connect folders in the same base folder.

That's so weird.  I reapplied the serial code just now and it took.  Restared DS and now I have the pane and have it docked.  Didn't work yesterday for what ever reason!  frown

• i'm having trouble converting a morph from genesis 3 male to genesis 3 female. It says Error creating morph from clone. However i've managed to convert something from genesis 2 to genesis 3 female.

Depending on the source and target figure, there are different clone morphs involved. The only clone morph for G3M to G3F is located here:

...\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 3\Female\Morphs\DAZ 3D\Base\CloneGenesis3Male.dsf

It is part of the G3F basic installer, but of course it was not part of the initial version, but was added after G3M came out. Maybe you need to update your G3F install.

Hi D3D,

The file I can download manually or otherwise from My Account at DAZ3d is called "Genesis Generation X2 for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)"
    The actual file name is: "18321_GenesisGenerationX2forDAZStudio45Win64bit_2.1.0_ds.exe"
    Properties of the file show the following info:

"size:7.04 MB (7,390,029 bytes)
    size on disk:7.05 MB (7,393,280 bytes"

This file installs some files which are dated 2014 and some which are dated 2016. (see attached image)

How is this possible?

Am I downloading (and installing) the correct file?

GenX2_problem7.PNG
    586 x 299 - 29K

The Genesis 2 files are from the Genesis 2 addon product, that has been updated as well. The installer file is 18322_GenX2AddOnforGenesis2Win_2.0_ds.

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,027
    edited June 2016

found what I needed ...

Post edited by mcorr on
  • wolv2209wolv2209 Posts: 8
    edited June 2016

Where is the Manuel for the Genesis 3 Add-On?and i don´t mean the Manuel  GenX2.

I mean this:

Ashampoo_Snap_2016.06.22_02h09m17s_001_.png
    778 x 211 - 23K
    Post edited by wolv2209 on
    edited June 2016

I see. Now the only question is, why am I not able to add a new one on-top?

Untitled.png
    1600 x 852 - 192K
    Post edited by RCDeschene on

wolv2209: There's no particular manual for the Genesis 3 addon (just a copy/paste error on the promo page).

RCDeschene: There can be only one single DAZ Connect Data folder. What I mean is to move a different folder on top of the DAZ Studio Formats folder list.

Okay, I did that and nothing changed...

Sorry, my mistake, all your content directories start with the same folder as the Connect path, so GenX issues the warning in any case. Probably, GenX is a bit to restrictive here, all it should prevent is to exclude the data/cloud section, not the base folder. For the moment, you have to add a content directory outside of the Connect path at the top of the DAZ Format list, so GenX can write its morphs there. (Note that you have to restart DS after changes in Content Directory Manager for GenX to be aware of them.)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited June 2016

Someone (Will?) asked about transferring from G3 to G2. Here I transferred George to G2M. (I love George, even without his HD! I now have him on G3F and G2M as well as G3M.)

Hey, Neighbor, Have a Donut

George on Genesis 2 Male

The HDRI background is from www.aversis.be

Post edited by barbult on