Why Is My Pie Crust Still Frozen Complaint Thread

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Complaint: went to bed to catch some Zs, and BAM! Migraine to skull. Bad enough to need medication + caffeine combo... at 2 am. I'm doomed.

I inherited my Mom's allergies.
    My older brother got that plus Dad's migraines which hit him almost daily.
    Dad got relief from cafergot. He eventually stopped having them at around 65.
    Nothing helps my brother's migraines. He just lies down in a dark, quiet room until the pain is bearable.

Do you get the "aura" type visual warning before they hit? Sending healing thoughts your way.

On a personal note, my problem has hit full-blown head cold. Not fun, but doesn't compare to migraine.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    I have a problem.

The 2nd spear (The Right), the bent one, which I UV mapped successfully has a issue in DAZ with its smoothing. Its gone all spastic on me and I not sure how to fix it. (NOTE. There is NO smoothing applied to the original model in 3ds Max, this is ALL Daz error)

i can only speak a lil bit of DS4, used it for a few months. the smoothing is on the shader settings.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Skiriki said:
    Complaint: went to bed to catch some Zs, and BAM! Migraine to skull. Bad enough to need medication + caffeine combo... at 2 am. I'm doomed.

Nothing helps my brother's migraines. He just lies down in a dark, quiet room until the pain is bearable.

Do you get the "aura" type visual warning before they hit? Sending healing thoughts your way.

On a personal note, my problem has hit full-blown head cold. Not fun, but doesn't compare to migraine.

in the ppb i was reading the other night, the character said eating eggs gave her migraines.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    I have a problem.

The 2nd spear (The Right), the bent one, which I UV mapped successfully has a issue in DAZ with its smoothing. Its gone all spastic on me and I not sure how to fix it. (NOTE. There is NO smoothing applied to the original model in 3ds Max, this is ALL Daz error)

i can only speak a lil bit of DS4, used it for a few months. the smoothing is on the shader settings.

Yeah, the only settings for smoothing I can find is Smoothing On/Off :(

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Spyro said:
    I have a problem.

Yeah, the only settings for smoothing I can find is Smoothing On/Off :(

there's no percentage setting anywhere?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

I am trying to decide if I need another blanket or not.

Note to Misty Whisky, I started a DA page http://missbadwolf.deviantart.com/ Do you have one of your own? if so do you have a link? I know I only have two renders in it but I will add more when I have a chance.

edited December 1969

no theres just smooth on/off and angle (angle of smoothing is not my issue)

edited December 1969

I am trying to decide if I need another blanket or not.

Note to Misty Whisky, I started a DA page http://missbadwolf.deviantart.com/ Do you have one of your own? if so do you have a link? I know I only have two renders in it but I will add more when I have a chance.

i don't do DA.

but, it's pretty popular. i think you can sell art prints there.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    WHY???? LOL! you WILL be AWAKE if you do that

Capsaicin in chili peppers is a known use for pain relief. :)

tjohn said:

That sucks. :(

No; mine are mostly related to blood pressure and hormonal fluctuation which jacks up my blood pressure; if I get any aura-sort of migraine (it is like a disco snake dancing in my eyes, endlessly coiling on itself and fragmenting the world into uneven, colored chess board), it is a baaaaaaaaaad sign, as then I can prepare for migraine full of suck. Full with vomiting, lie-in-the-dark, everybody-shut-the-eff-up, leave-me-alone-forever. This? More manageable.

The usual triggers for it are aforementioned once-a-month happenings, or, scents. Specifically very chemical, industrial sort of scents (such as lots of detergents tend to have) or tobacco smoke. *BAM* Every time I walk into a fancy mall, I have to be careful about what entrance I use, because if I wade through the Chemical Warfare Section (also known as perfumes), I risk it something fierce. Household supplies to some lesser degree, since people rarely want to spray that stuff on themselves as a test, but some bottles and containers still leak the smell out.

Get better soo... I mean, fast. :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

My back hurts and I do not feel like I post enough on these forums.

edited December 1969

My back hurts and I do not feel like I post enough on these forums.

I think you post enough. But you don't tend to post any 3d all that often though.

edited December 1969

I have a complaint...

I'm really dissapointed with my Facebook friends... (Not Wendy of course)... But the people I know offline, even family. I like to post my art and stuff there as well as here and on DA. FB lacks really bad the comments/feedback or even the simple 'like' !! I posted on my FB a link to my DA for the first time which I newly added heaps of stuff and not one of the hundred family or friends has even looked at it, no comment, no like, except a relative that mistook it as a game I made LOL (Obvious however, she didn't click it).

It just makes me wonder if any of them care! I have everyone here who I've never even met offline and they all at least say a word here and there. What gives? I starting to dislike facebook in general.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    I have a complaint...

I'm really dissapointed with my Facebook friends... (Not Wendy of course)... But the people I know offline, even family. I like to post my art and stuff there as well as here and on DA. FB lacks really bad the comments/feedback or even the simple 'like' !! I posted on my FB a link to my DA for the first time which I newly added heaps of stuff and not one of the hundred family or friends has even looked at it, no comment, no like, except a relative that mistook it as a game I made LOL (Obvious however, she didn't click it).

It just makes me wonder if any of them care! I have everyone here who I've never even met offline and they all at least say a word here and there. What gives? I starting to dislike facebook in general.

Don't do FB otherwise I would

likes.png
    100 x 100 - 6K
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    I have a problem.

Are the ridges geometry or displacement of some kind? Better to use bump/normal/displacement maps for detail you can get finer control for less effort. (looks like a slight self-shadow artifact on that which may indicate coplanar polys, hard to tell without a few more angles on the object) ;)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited October 2012

@MissBadWolf
    You post a lot, don't worry XD
    Like Spyro said, you don't post a lot of renders or WIPs, but you do make a lot of general-purpose posts. Not a bad thing no, but you shouldn't worry about feeling like you don't post enough XD
    Mmm.... I have my own little refrigerator in my room D:
    I was very surprised when I walked in for the first time and saw it X3
    Although not nearly as much as when I saw this for the first time:
    http://kazirede.deviantart.com/art/Wow-again-118694019
    (For those of you who don't know, that's Pokemon. Yep. For real and for-truly it is D:
    If only the TV series had that sort of awesome in it, the show wouldn't have turned out to be a total FLOP after the second season. Which is too bad, because besides Black/White, the games have been getting better and better while the show just gets worse and worse.)

*Edit* I think it's actually kinda cool how it can turn its wings into hands like that D:
    A very useful ability =3
    *edit 2* Meh removed the image. If you want to see a creepy shadow-dragon with glowing eyes, and demon-like wings in an E-Rated game, then click the link ^_^

Post edited by Rezca on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited December 1969

..so close but the thread slowed to crawl, it was getting late, and I was seriously nodding off at the keyboard

...too late and too tired to Kvetchup tonight so heading off to crawl under my Sandy Bridge for a good night's sleep.

At least had a decent Monday for a change.

...the Missed the Bus With a Bunch of Clowns on Board That Didn't Show Up After It Ran Over My Homework Before it Was Deemed a Lie And Then Thrown Under The Bus Complaint Thread

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:
    I have a problem.

Are the ridges geometry or displacement of some kind? Better to use bump/normal/displacement maps for detail you can get finer control for less effort. (looks like a slight self-shadow artifact on that which may indicate coplanar polys, hard to tell without a few more angles on the object) ;)

No it's all the actual model. There are no forms of textures, no displacements, no bumps. Here is the crappy daz (grey bkg) and the perfectly fine and what it's supposed to be on 3ds Max. (black bkg)

I have no lighting set up, nothing to cause shadows. My problem is the Daz smoothing is just spastic. 3ds Max knows better and refers to it as smoothing groups (this type of smoothing doesn't affect the mesh at all, just how light affects the model... Similar to Daz in the surface tab "smooth On/Off" Except Max allows you to modify that feature, Daz does not. :(

Max_Smooth.jpg
    195 x 519 - 28K
    SGError.jpg
    451 x 791 - 89K
    edited December 1969

This is the mesh.

WIP3_P1.jpg
    1479 x 741 - 434K
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

BIG and EVEN BIGGER. o_O

earth_colossus_by_chase_sc2-d3jdoxw.jpg
    1024 x 662 - 109K
    water_colossus_by_farkwhad-d3itl81.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 1M
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    BIG and EVEN BIGGER. o_O
    Loving me some Even Bigger, nice.

CRAP!! I got caught up late. Time to climb in bed or I might get beat (not really)!!
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    This is the mesh.

uh huh. What happens if you delete the polys sitting underneath the ridged group?

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ..so close but the thread slowed to crawl, it was getting late, and I was seriously nodding off at the keyboard

...too late and too tired to Kvetchup tonight so heading off to crawl under my Sandy Bridge for a good night's sleep.

At least had a decent Monday for a change.

...the Missed the Bus With a Bunch of Clowns on Board That Didn't Show Up After It Ran Over My Homework Before it Was Deemed a Lie And Then Thrown Under The Bus Complaint Thread

Tuesday is good for me, Monday dragged on for ever :)

edited December 1969

A test render of Spear1B with it’s default textures. I’m pretty proud!

@Ps1Borg.... I couldnt get the exported smoothing groups to work, soooo I took steps. I played around with everything I could find in daz... turned out by lowering the smoothing angel on the separate material zones each with appropiate values, the smoothing distortions were rid of. I guess Daz confused me with it's basic approach to surface smoothing! Basic, but I will say effective.

Test_Render_Spear1B_SPY.jpg
    750 x 1500 - 395K
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

@Ps1Borg.... I couldnt get the exported smoothing groups to work, soooo I took steps. I played around with everything I could find in daz... turned out by lowering the smoothing angel on the separate material zones each with appropiate values, the smoothing distortions were rid of. I guess Daz confused me with it's basic approach to surface smoothing! Basic, but I will say effective.

That is one sharp spear! Both literal and figurative meanings of "sharp" apply. You gots skillz! ;-)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

If you use geometry for detail crease angles become fundamental, rather than basic. Just the way things are. Studio's micropoly handling is good, imho, gives good bump :)

edited December 1969

Complaint: Head cold in next phase, Cough cough. Achy all over. Good morning, 2 aspirin, good morning to you. Followed by diabetes, high blood pressure, and depression meds. Preparing to carry on.
    Big plus: I'm retired so no job to scurry off to.
    Hey you kids! Get off my lawn! (mumble grumble)
    >:(

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

That is one sharp spear! Both literal and figurative meanings of "sharp" apply. You gots skillz! ;-)

Thank you, and yes, it is sharp enough to do some serious damage. :coolgrin:

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Complaint: Head cold in next phase, Cough cough. Achy all over. Good morning, 2 aspirin, good morning to you. Followed by diabetes, high blood pressure, and depression meds. Preparing to carry on.
    Big plus: I'm retired so no job to scurry off to.
    Hey you kids! Get off my lawn! (mumble grumble)
    >:(

That sucks. Head cold I mean. Being retired sounds attractive right now, pleasant fantasy is like a holiday that never ends I guess ;)

edited December 1969

Matrix Revolution is on TV. Conflicted 'cos cat girl is on in Batman Returns as well :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    tjohn said:

Thank you, and yes, it is sharp enough to do some serious damage. :coolgrin:

*likes the banner promo* :)

This discussion has been closed.