CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK II

Comments

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

Yeah I can imagine, I can't even do that yet, Yet! That is, I have done a few things for my cars that I had purchased, I do like the Meshbox 1920s cars, very nicely done meshes, however, their .cr2's need some fixing, but I did manage to get a Ford script on the radiator shell of the Model A wagon, which to me was such a glaring omission on the part of Meshbox, but the car was still well worth the $10 I paid for it.

edited September 2012

Okay, for those who like big trucks, especially classic big trucks, Nationale7 does have the trucks, I know they have several Mack Trucks, but they just released this one, its a 1939 White with a Tank trailer, looks to be another winner, I may start collecting their trucks now, wonder how well these will work in DS4.5 Pro?

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=95599

Full95599.jpg
    800 x 800 - 252K
    Post edited by GLWoodard on
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited September 2012

Hello peeps. I usually don't do car renders but I've had some inspiration lately so here you go.

Hope you like.

Image rendered in Reality 2.

Wow..she's really nice!

The girl ain't that bad either...lol.

:-)

Car_Model.jpg
    1400 x 1050 - 391K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited September 2012

Cherokee said:
    OK, now that I have my desktop up and running again, here a new one from me.

Herb Thomas FABULOUS HUDSON HORNET

Nice conversion, don't know how you did that. Nice textures!

Fabulous_Hudson_Hornet.jpg
    1218 x 884 - 143K
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Okay, for those who like big trucks, especially classic big trucks, Nationale7 does have the trucks, I know they have several Mack Trucks, but they just released this one, its a 1939 White with a Tank trailer, looks to be another winner, I may start collecting their trucks now, wonder how well these will work in DS4.5 Pro?

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=95599

Looks good but the chrome sux...lol. Too blue!

edited December 1969

Now you know as well as I do that there wasn't much in the way of chrome on large trucks back in the day!

• edited December 1969

its been a while but im back
    i have to relearn how to model after weeks away

and technicaly vehicles from pre 42 never used chrome much it was too difficult
    they used stainless steel then when the US entered the war the stainlees was need

and please exucse typos i havent typed in a few weekd

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247
    edited September 2012

they used stainless steel then when the US entered the war the stainlees was need

Just pretend your a new graduate from school they can't spell now a days

cyclop_1.gif
    38 x 41 - 3K
    Post edited by Robert Freise on
  • Tako YakidaTako Yakida Posts: 548
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Hello peeps. I usually don't do car renders but I've had some inspiration lately so here you go.

Hope you like.

Image rendered in Reality 2.

Wow..she's really nice!

The girl ain't that bad either...lol.

I'm glad you like them. :D

edited December 1969

Actually they used nickel plating, and on large trucks they simply painted the trim parts!

edited December 1969

betsy662 said:

Actually they used nickel plating, and on large trucks they simply painted the trim parts!

Yer basic black would do...lol.

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

New (old) 1-ton and horse trailer

RT6.jpg
    1000 x 769 - 178K
    RT8.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 431K
    edited October 2012

DzFire said:
    New (old) 1-ton and horse trailer

Wow!...super nice renders. I remember that barn too. Is the horse trailer your work? all nicely modeled.

Thanks for sharing this with us DzFire!

edited December 1969

Now we're cooking

LowTruck.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 1M
  • edited December 1969

heres what ive got since ive been back to work

new_34-1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 24K
  • michaeltoomichaeltoo Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

Wow looking really good, can't wait to see the finished model! :wow:
  • michaeltoomichaeltoo Posts: 219
    edited December 1969

DzFire said:
    Now we're cooking

Hi DzFire,
    nice render, btw is that the same truck used in "New (old) 1-ton and horse trailer" love the low profile.
    edited December 1969

DzFire said:
    Now we're cooking

Hi DzFire,
    nice render, btw is that the same truck used in "New (old) 1-ton and horse trailer" love the low profile.

Yep :D

edited December 1969

Lookin' Good SP.

edited October 2012

To all platinum members...Daz has a great freebie up this week, better get it while you can!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/pickup-dred

pickupdred005.jpg
    500 x 650 - 93K
    pickupdred002.jpg
    500 x 650 - 99K
    pickupdred01_main.jpg
    500 x 650 - 91K
    edited December 1969

I got it, sure is a weird looking thing for a pickup!

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,247
    edited December 1969

Grrrr not getting notifications again !!!

edited December 1969

Okay, with all the diner and carhop themed stuff coming out in previous weeks, I felt I needed a decent drive in type resturaunt, so I did a search, of course I already have the MacClean diner, but thats really a pretty standard type of prop, I wanted something no one else has, at least not yet, so I went over to the 3D Warehouse, and downloaded me some drive in's, of course there were the normal crappy items there, as well as some decent ones, but very few that actually came close to fitting a 1950's theme, but there were a few that would work, Pedro's Tacos, a cute little building made perfect sense, it does have that 50's deco look to it, with some coloration, the building can be updated or even possibly backdated, so I created a 50's era taco shop, one with curbside service of course, so along came Paco's Tacos, the Best Mexican Food In Town!

Paco_s_tacos_again00.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 314K
    edited December 1969

One thing I also found at the 3D Warehouse was, this cool Mel's Diner sign, no Mel's Diner, (darn), but the sign looks great, so after downloading that and converting it to a obj file, it definitely has its place, I may attempt to make a 3d model of Mel's Diner, if I can find plans for the building, then we can all recreate scenes from American Grafitti!

Where Were You In 62?

classic_00.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 311K
  • CaptainMARCCaptainMARC Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

I'm not really a "car lover" but this thread (and the old one) has been such a great source of inspiration and information to me, I thought it's about time I posted a pic.

This is a random still from an animated music video I'm working on with a car in it!

Rendered in Poser, postwork in Vegas.

Kids_02_13_29.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 36K
    edited December 1969

A quick render in DS3, "Vault 113"

V113.jpg
    1680 x 1050 - 437K
    edited December 1969

Now thats how the Pickup Dred should look, it certainly doesn't look that great as bone factory stock!

edited December 1969

DzFire said:
    A quick render in DS3, "Vault 113"

WOW!...super nice DF!

edited December 1969

I'm not really a "car lover" but this thread (and the old one) has been such a great source of inspiration and information to me, I thought it's about time I posted a pic.

This is a random still from an animated music video I'm working on with a car in it!

Rendered in Poser, postwork in Vegas.

Welcome CaptainMARC. Glad you could drop by.

edited October 2012

For any of you that may be interested, I am posting a link to the original Car and Bike lovers threads. The 1st one went 100 pages, so then came the Mark II thread. It went until the new site took over. Just copy these links and keep them where you want. Click the links here and it will take you there. Any links on the old site pages will still work. If you want to see any of the renders, you must do this:

1 - On the page you will see some text where the render once was. In the middle of the text, you will see some quotation marks ("). Inside the marks will say something like "postimages/origimage_5_3148089". This is the part you want to highlight and copy.

2 - In a new opened browser, type in this http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/...now paste what you copied after that. Each time you want to see a render, just copy that and paste it in after the http part. Should look like this:

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/postimages/origimage_5_3148089.jpg

3 - The render will open in a new browser page. Then just right click it and save it where you want.

Here are the links to the old threads:

1ST THREAD

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=162131

MARK II

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=189898

have fun!

This discussion has been closed.