CAR AND BIKE LOVERS THREAD - MARK II

Comments

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Here are some of mine....using your showroom shaders DzFire...lol. Also some leather shaders on the seats.

:-)

Dread4.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 311K
    Dread2.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 314K
    Dread7.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 318K
    edited October 2012

.... and here is my scene done in DS3 with included lights.

DreadScene1Daz.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 318K
    Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

Here is one just for fun...lol.

:lol:

ScoobyDoo1Daz.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 107K
  • CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited October 2012

This is a re-do of the Tucker I posted in one of the earlier car forums. New info surfaced about the Tucker. For many years it was thought #1023 was the Tucker used for a race. But it was found that it was actually Tucker #1044. The car was silver. More on the research was posted on Hemmings Motor News website.

http://www.hemmings.com/hcc/stories/2012/03/01/hmn_feature1.html

There is also a full side shot of actual car here.... http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2011/07/11/new-nascar-tucker-photo-surfaces/

So, this is an attempt at correcting an error with my in the "Come to my Car Show" thread in the old forums... http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=108780&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=460 and the image http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/postimages/origimage_1_2379147.jpg

NASCAR_Tucker.jpg
    1218 x 884 - 173K
    Post edited by Cherokee on
    edited October 2012

That looks like the more advanced mesh that is out there. There is one that has holes all around the windows and is really terribly unstable. I found the better one about 6 months ago and it is much much better. I do not have a link however, but I think it was a .3ds file originally.

TuckerTorpedo.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 110K
  • CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    That looks like the more advanced mesh that is out there. There is one that has holes all around the windows and is really terribly unstable. I found the better one about 6 months ago and it is much much better. I do not have a link however, but I think it was a .3ds file originally.

That one looks good.

You know where mine came from and no, it wasn't GTA..it's from NFS.

• GLWoodardGLWoodard Posts: 3,335
    edited December 1969

Ayeeeeeeeeeeeee!

ayeeeeeeeeee00.jpg
    1900 x 882 - 367K
    edited October 2012

Hey Betsy...I went to the warehouse and I found the taco restaurant. I downloaded it, then opened it in Sketchup. When I tried to export it as an .obj file, I got a big "X" skp23ds message and it would not export. Same with .3ds export. How did you get your to export?

:down:

Pedros1.jpg
    654 x 516 - 39K
    edited December 1969

I just use the same old exporter ruby I've always used, did you update your Sketchup with a newer version? That could possibly be the problem, it could also be that your obj exporter is corrupted, if I'm not mistaken, aren't you using a different obj exporter than I am?

However, that wouldn't explain why you can't export it as a 3ds, could be that your export system is corrupted or something.

edited October 2012

Another thing you might check into, right click on the model and make sure there aren't any features of the model that are locked for one reason or another.

If you want, I can send you the textures folder with the obj in it, but I've made changes to mine, mine is Paco's Tacos!

Post edited by GLWoodard on
    edited December 1969

I'm still working on the Paco's Taco, so heres another pic!

miss_oh_miss00.jpg
    1900 x 1171 - 337K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,860
    edited December 1969

My latest image (just happens to have cars in it)

The Driver 2

160_-_The_Driver_2.jpg
    1280 x 853 - 1M
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,237
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

The Driver 2

Thinking "Fast and Furious Tokyo Drift " there

edited October 2012

It was actully inspired by a Need For Speed Underground 2 promo. Though I am a fan of the Fast and Furious series. Just not Tokyo Drift.

Full credits for the image are on DeviantART

Post edited by Mattymanx on
    edited December 1969

betsy662 said:
    Another thing you might check into, right click on the model and make sure there aren't any features of the model that are locked for one reason or another.

If you want, I can send you the textures folder with the obj in it, but I've made changes to mine, mine is Paco's Tacos!

Nah...I am sure it is a grouping, and/or locked problem. I have had this happen before, once I start deleting some things, it will eventually take. The meshes are so different in Sketchup, that I think sometimes they don't seal properly. Thanks anyway.I'll keep working with it.

edited October 2012

Mattymanx said:

The Driver 2

Sweeeet!...Is that A3 Summer?

160_-_The_Driver_2.jpg
    1280 x 853 - 1M
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    betsy662 said:

Nah...I am sure it is a grouping, and/or locked problem. I have had this happen before, once I start deleting some things, it will eventually take. The meshes are so different in Sketchup, that I think sometimes they don't seal properly. Thanks anyway.I'll keep working with it.

The one situation I run into is that sometimes the textures aren't all there when I go to start the texturing process in DS, some textures I guess just won't export out of sketchup.

edited October 2012

betsy662 said:
    music2u4u said:
    betsy662 said:

The one situation I run into is that sometimes the textures aren't all there when I go to start the texturing process in DS, some textures I guess just won't export out of sketchup.

You can get the textures from the original .skp file. If you change the .skp to .zip it will open as a zip file. All of the textures will be inside the zip file. In Poseray, under materials, highlight the part, go to where the texture is and apply it. Usually it will not be sized right, so click "transform" and under the sizing change it to around 50-100. It will then resize. You may have to play with the size to get it right.

Then you have what is labeled as "frontcolor". It is always white and randomly picks things and groups them together. You texture or color it, all gets the color. I hate that part. Many models can't be used because of it. Must be a way to eliminate it. It happens mainly in models that were not grouped.

edited October 2012

One last beach visit before the winter hits us....it's been fun! (this is Adam Thwaites "shoreline" freebie backdrop. You can get it here for free!)

http://www.most-digital-creations.com/shoreline.htm

BeachWoodyDaz1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 181K
    edited December 1969

One more get together at Nip's Diner before winter hits!

Nip_s_Diner00.jpg
    1900 x 1171 - 385K
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Mattymanx said:

The Driver 2

Its Sylfie with Gaia's bodymats

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

The current PC 99c category is Life On Wheels

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    music2u4u said:
    Mattymanx said:

The Driver 2

Its Sylfie with Gaia's bodymats

She is beautiful indeed!

edited December 1969

The current PC 99c category is Life On Wheels

Gotta link for us?

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,237