Hex Gallery

Comments

• A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    edited April 2016
    Roygee said:

Now if i could only figure out how to model a harley id be happy.

Simple - start with a cube, push and pull some verts.....:)

Not a Harley, but a lot faster!

http://www.sharecg.com/v/37358/browse/5/3D-Model/KawaNinja ;

I actually tried that since bike frames look like they could start from a cube. @WeeDangerousJohn I needs hindernet to view utube :( Thanks for the links guys
    Post edited by A3DLover on
    edited May 2016
    Well been a bit but i usually am tinkering something in hex. Heres a 2013 model revisited and revamped. Been getting old ani8 models out and assigning domains to em so i can build a fleet for my carrara objects. I figure modding shading domains in hex doesnt really qualify as a hex model i shouldnt post it here.
    05 30 16.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 141K
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,220

Atrium Built in Hexagon

• Nice one First Bastion, great looking set :)

• useroperatoruseroperator Posts: 247
    edited July 2016

Just a simple heatsink concept.  

Also a speaker concept

dfgfgfdg.5.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 371K
    DFGDFG.3.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 356K
    Post edited by useroperator on
    You wouldnt happen to be a Syd Mead fan would you? I really like the speaker concept. @FirstBastion very impressive
  • DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473

MOSV and background built and UV mapped in Hex. Painted in Substance Painter 2.

• MorkonanMorkonan Posts: 215
    DzFire said:

Nice! Wires, wires, wires.... though. :) Got any?

How are you liking Substance Painter 2? I'm thinking about it, myself.

DzFire said:

Sweet lookin ride, reminds me of that scifi show defiance. Excellent work on material/textures too. Really has that used look. Well just some lazy sunday goofing off, modeled in hex render in cararra
    080716.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 110K
    Doc 08 07 16.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 358K
    Needs more legs, cant figure out wether i want a fat alien guy in the cockpit or a multilevel command deck under the glass canopy
    megameck02.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 150K
    megameck01.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 121K
  • Command deck like Star Trek :)

Are you going to make it move-able ? 

Command deck like Star Trek :)

Are you going to make it move-able ? 

To be honest its more of take on rediculous than functional John. The only app i could rig it i have is carrara 7 standard. I have a much better model that needs rigging i made following a modo tutorial on utube http://www.sharecg.com/v/56963/gallery/5/3D-Model/Modo-Mech
  • As you know I'm into making more real-life stuff rather than sc-fi. I can rig a bit with Daz Studio, have you seen Patience's tutorials here and over at DA - well worth a look if you have DS. 

As you know I'm into making more real-life stuff rather than sc-fi. I can rig a bit with Daz Studio, have you seen Patience's tutorials here and over at DA - well worth a look if you have DS. 

No i havent, and yes i numerous versions of ds. By DA do you mean deviant art site?
  • Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited August 2016

Sorry, yes Deviant Art.

While I am here, here's an Iray (Daz Studio) render of some little props I made recently.

Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
  • MorkonanMorkonan Posts: 215

Sorry, yes Deviant Art.

While I am here, here's an Iray (Daz Studio) render of some little props I made recently.

Nnice!

So, how did you go about creating the spokes for the wheels? Is the bolt threaded on the nut&bold figure? If so, how did you go about doing that?

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited August 2016

Thanks Morkonan. To make the spokes I used copy on support, using the centre point option - If you want to know more I can do a quick how-to for you.. The nutman is unthreaded, Johnny Bravo did do a tutorial on making a threaded bolt -

Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on

Dungeon made entirely in Hex (minus the bones) including the stonework.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

looks spooky surprise

• @Weedangerousjohn your image is unclickable on chrome and unfortuanately google bloated droids dont like firefox or opera browsers. (Seems like a google inc is a crimimal monopoly on freedom no matter the medium) @dzfire nice work is that as polyfied as it looks?
  • A3DLover, that is the size of the render I made. Not sure if I kept the original file.

• A3DLover, that is the size of the render I made. Not sure if I kept the original file.

So its really tiny? Anyway a wip inspired by a anime called Tales of Zestria the-X
    zestria arch.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 127K
  • RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247

Hi guys

I go away for a couple months and come back to see you all doing brilliant work - well done everyone:)

All the stone work was modeled 

A3DLover said:
    @dzfire nice work is that as polyfied as it looks?

• Pretty rare i finish anything up so here a wipished render. Model and stonesh work in hex render in cararra some post in ps
    elysia arch rocks.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 113K
    09 09 16 a.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 594K
  • Looks great A3DLover :)

edited September 2016

Looks great A3DLover :)

Not bad considering i just really didnt want to extrapolate from available screener since there was never a full shot of it. Also from same anime is this stone sculpture mural id like to tackle
    Tales of Zestiria the X 02.jpg
    856 x 480 - 106K
    Tales of Zestiria the X 01.jpg
    848 x 480 - 109K
  • Just a quikie today attempt to model a mbari transport from a old reference blueprint fou.d on web. Model in hex render in carrara.
    mbar scene 02.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 234K
  • Nice one A3DL, to be honest I did not know you could get blueprints for such things.  I really like how your render turned out, have not tried Carrara myself.

edited September 2016

Nice one A3DL, to be honest I did not know you could get blueprints for such things.  I really like how your render turned out, have not tried Carrara myself.

You can find blueprints to alot of things on the web. I tried carrara basic and it was ok then bought carrara 7 standard prolly shoulda went for pro but it was a substantial price over standard. I dont like carrara modeling room tho it has tools hex doesnt. Which basic are fillet tools that hex dont have. Heard alot of users say they dont like carraras mapping but i like it. You can export the map in lotsa formats and use photoshop gimp dogwaffle to paint them in.