Hex Gallery

Comments

• m_m_italym_m_italy Posts: 386
    edited November 2015

Hi W.D.J. Thanks for your comment. It isn't a torture device but it is a little steam punk toy :) Bye

stea.jpg
    800 x 600 - 72K
    Post edited by m_m_italy on
  • MorkonanMorkonan Posts: 215

LOL! That's very nice. :)

(Wire for the "fender" area near the front wheels, the plates with all the holes in them, would be much appreciated!)

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317
    edited December 2015

Last Chance Gas  Built in Hexagon

tripleLast-chance-gas-station-daz3d.jpg
    800 x 1350 - 424K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

great job !

• Nice work First Bastion. Was your Shopping Mall made with Hexagon too ?

edited December 2015
    Morkonan said:

LOL! That's very nice. :)

(Wire for the "fender" area near the front wheels, the plates with all the holes in them, would be much appreciated!)

Grazie and bye bye.

smiley

part.png
    1148 x 835 - 635K
  • I really like the signiture, nice touch M_M :)

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317
    edited December 2015

Nice work First Bastion. Was your Shopping Mall made with Hexagon too ?

Yes it was. 

As was the upcoming 1970's Era Motels. 

Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,079

Nice work First Bastion. Was your Shopping Mall made with Hexagon too ?

Yes it was. 

As was the upcoming 1970's Era Motels. 

How often does it crash during creating a set like this?

edited December 2015

I really like the signiture, nice touch M_M :)

Grazie smiley

Ancora un piccolo divertimento WIP (forse) : drone

Bye

drone.jpg
    800 x 600 - 109K
    drone2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 162K
  • Ati said:

Maybe once,  and it's cause i tried something I should have known better.  Hexagon is fairly reliable and stable for me, I know some people have had issues. I've used it on both Win7 and Win8 64 bit machines.  I don't use boolean operations ever (something I learned during my game modding days) ,  and I always validate dynamic operations.   I do incremental saves often though,  just in case.  Plus, I also build in small chunks,  then assemble the various finished pieces tpgether. 

• AtiAti Posts: 9,079
    Ati said:

Maybe once,  and it's cause i tried something I should have known better.  Hexagon is fairly reliable and stable for me, I know some people have had issues. I've used it on both Win7 and Win8 64 bit machines.  I don't use boolean operations ever (something I learned during my game modding days) ,  and I always validate dynamic operations.   I do incremental saves often though,  just in case.  Plus, I also build in small chunks,  then assemble the various finished pieces tpgether. 

I see. Thanks for the info. Still trying to decide about Hexagon... :) This thread is great to see what's possible with it.

• I agree this thread is great for seeing other Hex users work, be it screengrabs of WIP or finished renders. 

Hexagon does not crash on me very often, like FirstBastion I do not use booleans at all. And I save quite often, normally it goes haywire when I try to do the impossible or when I repeatedly add/remove smoothing to see how things look smoothed.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247

I agree that Booleans - in any software, should be avoided and only used as a last resort.  With some planning to get the edges to match, they can be very useful and will not normally on their own, cause Hex to crash.  What causes the crashing is not cleaning up after doing Boolean operations.

There is one very useful application of Boolean in Hex that I haven't come across is any other application - in this regard it runs rings around Blender.  Using the operation to make complex lines - in this regard it runs rings around Blender:)

hexform1.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 192K
    hexform2.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 154K
    hexform3.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 200K
    jpg
    jpg
    hexform4.jpg
  • Just wanted to wish all my fellow Hex users a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year :)

• Merry Christmas.smiley

Bye

m_m_

...and from me to all you shivering in your Northern Winter :)

braa10i.png
    879 x 659 - 1M
    Roygee said:

I agree that Booleans - in any software, should be avoided and only used as a last resort.  With some planning to get the edges to match, they can be very useful and will not normally on their own, cause Hex to crash.  What causes the crashing is not cleaning up after doing Boolean operations.

There is one very useful application of Boolean in Hex that I haven't come across is any other application - in this regard it runs rings around Blender.  Using the operation to make complex lines - in this regard it runs rings around Blender:)

Ooooh... Ya know, I never used Booleans with the line tool. It's that whole "avoid booleans at all costs and save the children" sort of mentality. Going to rush off to try it, right now. Tks!

PS - And, a belated Merry Christmas and best wishes for a happy and safe New Year!

After several years of stop/start, finally completed the model of the Cutty Sark :)  Here is a quick render in Studio using IRay, just to test.

There is no smoothing applied and the textures are simply holding colours - I'll do far more detailed texturing using Blender Cycles, but this won't be compatable with other renderers, so if anyone wants this to play with, as is, drop me a PM and I'll let you have it.

Cheers:)

jpg
    jpg
    Cutty_Sark_R1.jpg

After several years of stop/start, finally completed the model of the Cutty Sark :)  Here is a quick render in Studio using IRay, just to test.

There is no smoothing applied and the textures are simply holding colours - I'll do far more detailed texturing using Blender Cycles, but this won't be compatable with other renderers, so if anyone wants this to play with, as is, drop me a PM and I'll let you have it.

Cutty_Sark_R1.jpg
    618 x 800 - 153K
  • Very nice Roygee.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

Happy New Year !

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited December 2015

I must have gotten to "that" age, this year has gone so fast.

Well roll on 2016 - I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and I wish you all the best for next year :)  

Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
  • Roygee said:

yes

Roygee said:

Da pollies.... How many? :)

Around 50K - Hex handles it well, but when trying to smooth, it says - "Hey, do you mind!", which is why I'm finishing in Blender:)

edited January 2016

smiley

simple "metallic manta"

Bye

manta.jpg
    1148 x 834 - 33K
    metallic_manta.jpg
    800 x 600 - 30K
    manta2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 42K
  • A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    edited January 2016

Ok this is pretty lame but i got my old machine back up and running which means i have ps a real stable ver of hex and a bunch of new ram which was the old girl wouldnt boot. Model made in hex render in carrara7. Ok sorry apparently some conflict with chrome for droid so no pic will upload

See if remote host works. Also getting used to a flatscreen monitor takes awhile. [IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/102mufn.jpg[/IMG]

Ok now im back into it

02.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 116K
    Post edited by A3DLover on
  • DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473

Inspired by one of my LEGO models. (Yes, LEGOs.)

LG06_Main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 142K
  • A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    Nice lego inspired model, what did you render it in and did do any postwork? Talking about inspiration i get mine alot from anime so i made aiko3 a new sword. Inspired by Valkyrie Drive-Mermaid anime
    sword 02.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 151K
    sword 01.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 154K
    Doc1.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 221K