Hex Gallery

Comments

• useroperatoruseroperator Posts: 247
    edited January 2015

bonus ;) where does the image start and the geometry begin? well the second one reveals that.

sdfsdfsdf.png
    635 x 597 - 285K
    gtertet.png
    542 x 554 - 299K
    Post edited by useroperator on
  • RectroRectro Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

Great thread, love the work in here.

edited February 2015

prototype

DFDSFDFDF.png
    758 x 560 - 253K
  • Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited February 2015

Any chance you could do a different view of it User.Operator, I can see its a great model but would really like to see more of it.

Not sure why I made a bullet, not really into guns and stuff.

bullets.jpg
    500 x 650 - 21K
    Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
    edited February 2015

ertret.png
    573 x 549 - 251K
    fdsfsdff.png
    718 x 612 - 449K
    edited March 2015

Brilliant - Thank you :)

What do you use to render with User.Operator ? The results look similar to LuxRender

I quite like DAZ Studio's new render engine - IRAY, still trying to figure out how to set the materials etc. But it is fairly fast, this took 14 mins (small test render).

Celica.jpg
    650 x 500 - 45K
  • m_m_italym_m_italy Posts: 386
    edited June 2015

Prototipo per triciclo da corsa.
    Bye
    P.S.
    For "WDJ" : thanks for help on holes

PROTOTIPO.jpg
    800 x 600 - 154K
    Post edited by m_m_italy on
  • No problem at all M_M, glad you found it useful. NIce care model & Render :)

edited August 2015

Bicirazzo.

WIP

Bye

bici.jpg
    1148 x 822 - 60K
    bicirazzo.jpg
    1148 x 822 - 82K
    edited August 2015

smiley

WIP

Bye

bici.jpg
    1148 x 822 - 74K
    bici_r.jpg
    800 x 600 - 101K
    edited August 2015

Looks good. One thing though, it would not be a nice ride because the front propeller is pointing at the riders feet would it be an idea to have is swivel to give it lift. 

edited August 2015

WDJ hello.

You are right. I also noticed that the air flow invests the driver. I'll try to improve or find other solutions. Thanks again for your comments.

P.S.

Oggi (21 agosto 2015) ho aggiunto le due immagini.

Bye smiley

bici.jpg
    1148 x 822 - 46K
    bici.jpg
    800 x 600 - 112K
  • mach25mach25 Posts: 253

mig WIP

mig31above.jpg
    753 x 566 - 12K
    mig31front.jpg
    753 x 566 - 10K
    mig31turning.jpg
    753 x 566 - 11K
  • That looks better M_M :)

Nice one Mach25

That looks better M_M :)

Nice one Mach25

Grazie WDJ smiley

Anche io dico nice one Mach25

bici_aria.jpg
    800 x 600 - 151K
  • DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473

Remus 02, Mars overland vehicle. Modeled and uv mapped in Hex.Only one crash as I accedently had points selected and tried to chamfer

R02_13.jpg
    1778 x 1000 - 1M
  • RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247

Really great model - and scene - there DzFire :)

Chamfering points is actually a clever method of making fancy holes without Boolean in both Hex and Blender!

champoints.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 240K
  • Very nice indeed DzFire. 

edited October 2015

Went back to page 1 and scrolled through all the images posted, spotted some old friends I have not seen for a while - especially BigT, anyone know if he's okay ?

• A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198

Went back to page 1 and scrolled through all the images posted, spotted some old friends I have not seen for a while - especially BigT, anyone know if he's okay ?

I'd like to know that myself i just dl'd his helcat and vaneship yesterday and couldnt leave a thank you on his sharecg page.

Really like that mars 02 model, reminds of work by another great modeler that uses 3dmax.

Kana or kanana think his scr. name most sites

Eh someone changed my user name, whats up with that?

Seems to be very few, if any of the old school still around.  Last I heard of BigT and Redsquare, they were ill.  Hope they are OK.

I am now pretty much using Blender exclusively.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Eh someone changed my user name, whats up with that?

When the new forum system came on line some user names defaulted to being taken from the email address.  This was in order to make forum user names unique, as we were getting a lot of repeat names, which the previous system allowed.

You can change your user name here  https://www.daz3d.com/customer/account/edit/

@Roygee yeah i knew BigT was having issues didnt know about Redsquare tho. @Chohole thanks, the system recognized me when i logged in so thats good i suppose. Havent done much in hex lately since it doesnt run well on my current rig, carrara however runs great on it v7 standard so at least out of daz studio hex and bryce carrara is the most stable daz app i have. Also mobile phones do not make great forum devices.
  • Having modeled some truly awful teeth over the years, I wanted to finally make something that would hold up well in extreme close-ups, so I spent a couple of days studying online tutorials on the subject, then came up with this.

Beats the horrible approach I'd been using to date, which wouldn't create anything remotely resembling a natural gumline. I'm not even going to bother posting pics of my earlier efforts for comparison purposes, because they're quite simply embarrassing.

My main concern at the moment involves the polycount. These alone weigh in at 7456 polygons in their current state; once I've crafted the upper set, the teeth and gums will top out at approximately 15000 polys. I have no idea whether that's a reasonable number these days.

Opinions?

preview_f3_teeth01d.png
    1180 x 722 - 469K

Those are beautifully detailed - I'd love to see a close-up of the mesh (tutorial?) - great work - congratulations.  Unless you need them for gaming, what is 15K polys in the great scheme of things:)

Alternatives - retopo and use a normal map generated from the high poly version on the low poly one.

• Roygee said:

Those are beautifully detailed - I'd love to see a close-up of the mesh (tutorial?) - great work - congratulations.

Thanks.  The tutorials seem to have more-or-less disappeared off the 'Net in the years since I last viewed them, though this guy follows the same approach.  The basic technique involves extruding the teeth from the gums and then sculpting the results through subdivision modeling.

Yes, that's the standard method.  Just took a look at the V4 18K lod version - her lower jaw and teeth are 1.3K polys - 2 levels of smoothing take it up to 20K!  

If you take a look at that you may get soem ideas on how to reduce the poly count :)

• Bye :)

Piccolo gioco.

Ciao

boooo.jpg
    800 x 600 - 107K
  • That is great M_M, it looks like part of a steam punk torture device.