SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Weird stuff going on in the store again. I log on (which I'm having to do MORE often than not which I find very OFF PUTTING DAZ) if I'm on the main sales pages, I'm logged out, if I click and visit a product page I'm then logged on and can add stuff to the cart. REALLY DAZ? Is this all really so hard for your coders to figure out? Lord have mercy! :coolmad:

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Weird stuff going on in the store again.

Caching seems to be massively broken in a whole new way (again). I logged in as usual from the front page, went to New Releases... and was un-logged-in. Back to the front page, logged in. Back to New, nope. I did a forced refresh, and that fixed it (and showed up half a dozen new goodies).

< sigh > How many months, now...?

edited December 1969

I hear ya!

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

Daz, please look into the forum issues! Since the problems with the site started Thursday or Friday the forums are picking and choosing about the notifications. I am subscribed to multiple threads and most of them are not sending notifications about new posts anymore (including this thread) :( I'm sick of tryign to track down the threads and figure out where I left off, especially in busy threads where multiple pages of posts show up over night and I don't know where I left off :(

PLEASE look into this! It's making me not want to come back to the forums again :(

edited October 2012

atryeu said:
    Daz, please look into the forum issues! Since the problems with the site started Thursday or Friday the forums are picking and choosing about the notifications. I am subscribed to multiple threads and most of them are not sending notifications about new posts anymore (including this thread) :( I'm sick of tryign to track down the threads and figure out where I left off, especially in busy threads where multiple pages of posts show up over night and I don't know where I left off :(

PLEASE look into this! It's making me not want to come back to the forums again :(

I agree. With more changes to the store again (but still not end date to sale items folks, get with the program please, it's actually a HELPFUL extra to have on the sales pages) now most of my notifications, which were about more than 20 a day is down to 2 a day. WTF! Sorry, I don't have the sweet pleading eyes of Atryeu, I have a "hungry like a wolff" set of eyes for this glaring MESS you folks have made. Please fix this post haste and please add in the sale date end notice to the sales pages. THANKS!

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
    edited December 1969

LOL..... WE ARE GEN E SIS ............GRRRRRRRRRRRRR :P

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    atryeu said:

I agree. With more changes to the store again (but still not end date to sale items folks, get with the program please, it's actually a HELPFUL extra to have on the sales pages) now most of my notifications, which were about more than 20 a day is down to 2 a day. WTF! Sorry, I don't have the sweet pleading eyes of Atryeu, I have a "hungry like a wolff" set of eyes for this glaring MESS you folks have made. Please fix this post haste and please add in the sale date end notice to the sales pages. THANKS!

The "sweet pleading eyes" may be misleading. I try to be civil on the forums but in real life it's a whole nother thing. I'm so unbelievably fed up with the whole site and things keep getting worse instead of better, but I try and keep my cool on the site itself and can do all my mumbling and cursing to myself in person -_- LoL

*starts mumbling* .... at least this thread send me a notification this time.....

edited December 1969

Ah, OK ... I'm the same but here I tend to be more vociferous than usual. Probably why I've had more posts removed than I ever did at the old forums. I really don't care, someone has to listen eventually or DAZ may end up not doing so well in another year. Fix the stuff we ask to be fixed, WE ARE YOUR CLIENTS DAZ!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

20 Weeks!

Dana

edited December 1969

*sigh* One more little note to staff.... Please, please please please please!!! look into the notification problem! One of the staff earlier told me to unsubscribe and subscribe again to fix the problem (which I had already done this morning and obviously does not fix the problem) and to make sure I'm clicking the correct link in the email notifications, which I am -_- I'm sure I'll sign on tomorrow with no notifications again and I don't know if it'll be worth wasting my time at nearly 1 minute per forum page (up to nearly 5 minutes in those PC threads where people keep posting animated animal pictures) loads to try and figure out where I left off on almost every single forum *looks for mad smiley* :(

• sazzyazzcasazzyazzca Posts: 495
    edited December 1969

Considering that the new website was originally announced January 11th, 2012 here http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=181233&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 and then finally we were told here http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=190542 that we would be getting " a more stable, responsive, and simpler experience for using our site" and it is now almost 9 months later and things are still wonky, I think people have a right to be tired of the situation. Now add to that the facts that simple things like file sizes are still missing from product pages and the downloads page, that people have to rely on an outside utility to tell them if they have previously purchased something, not to mention a host of other things still not working properly, is it any wonder people are getting fed up? I barely even check the forums anymore, something I used to do almost every day. My purchases here are way down compared to what they used to be, and way up at other stores, because the shopping experience leaves so much to be desired.

edited December 1969

KerWar said:
    " a more stable, responsive, and simpler experience for using our site" and it is now almost 9 months later...

Well, actually 20 weeks since it went live...and we were told it was thoroughly tested and was fine! :-/

Dana

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

ZERO notifications today, ZERO.. I usually have about 20 waiting in the inbox when i boot up and go to my gmail account. This is really bad.

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

I had 2... one for this thread and one for the Studio beta thread that I unsubscribed to 2-3 days ago but am still getting alerts for that, even though it says I'm clearly unsubscribed :( Nothing for any of the topics I want.... I unsubscribed & resubscribed, just in case, on my last visits to those threads last night before I signed offline too, and nothing.....

I'm not going to waste my time trying to find where I left off again. There's no point.

edited October 2012

cridgit said:
    RAMWolff said:
    ZERO notifications today, ZERO.. I usually have about 20 waiting in the inbox when i boot up and go to my gmail account. This is really bad.

Don't worry mate, its not like there's ANYTHING happening with the PC sale whatsoever.

Yea, this big sale is kind of a joke too... where is the continual flow of PC items or have the rules changed about that too?

DAZ DAZ DAZ.... what ARE you doing.. you must love shooting yourselves in the foot. DAN should be in charge again, I don't remember things being THIS bad when he was running the show.

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

For some reason the store seems to be back the way it was when the change over happened, completely screwed up. Logging in and out, the store not showing new items. The only way things are show up right is when I have to do something on my end which is not right. What's sad is DAZ does not let you know something what has gone wrong and tells you they are in the process of fixing it, just like it was a few months ago, no communication. As far as we know, they probably think it's just us or maybe it is just me. Is any one else having any problems?

edited December 1969

*posting again in hopes the topic will send me notifications again*.... I got one this morning for this thread, but not this afternoon after I got home from town and there were 2 new posts :(

Something from the staff about the problems would really be nice so we know they at least know there are problems and being worked on. I don't know what is worse.... the problems themselves or the silence :(

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Who is this Dan guy people keep talking about?

edited December 1969

anikad said:
    Who is this Dan guy people keep talking about?

He's my brother

edited December 1969

Dan Farr was or still is the CEO of DAZ3D. He would grace us with his presence every once in a while when the natives were getting restless or even on the verge of tar and feathering! I just don't remember things being this bad when they switched to the new store and forums the last time. This has been quite the bumpy ride! Where's Betty Davis when you need a good line? "Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be bumpy night"

edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    Maybe somebody will make a movie about this one day.

Who would pay to see it?

Dana

edited December 1969

Please, DAZ3D, please at least keep your test data on a separate server from the production data!!!

Test Product

Dana

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,751
    edited December 1969

You might wanna drop by this thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9037/P15/#122185.

(Why yes, I do have too much time on my hands.) ;-)

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Please, DAZ3D, please at least keep your test data on a separate server from the production data!!!

Test Product

Dana

And take away all our fun.

I did have another test thread with a couple of other test products, but that test thread got moved to an invisible test realm because they were still testing one or both of the test products.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

As unsubscribing and resubscribing didn't work, try posting a message to get notifications again ...Sigh.

edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    You might wanna drop by this thread: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9037/P15/#122185.

(Why yes, I do have too much time on my hands.) ;-)

Ticking away!

• jade monkeyjade monkey Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

whenever i try to sign in the store lately, i seem to randomly get sent to a page that looks like this...

i'm on a mac, on safari (with lions and zebras and --wait, that's not it! ahem!)

anyway, i've chanted the usual empty cache spells and done the sacred dance of clearing cookies, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

strangely, i've stayed logged into the forums these last few days, though i usually have to re-log in every time i come here.

anyone else seeing this weirdness?

glitchW.jpg
    326 x 500 - 82K