SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• edited December 1969

I have had intermittant trouble for the past 5 hours since first connecting to the DAZ3D website. I have used the lastest Chrome, Firefox and IE web browsers, but to no avail. Once, I even got some Cloud service about managing the website.

During the better moments, I did manage to complete the purchase for Platinum items before the promotional deadline.

Now, the website is acting up again. Appears as if there's no CSS styleheet.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,486
    edited December 1969

ok... nearly 10 hours now and STILL the store isn't working....

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

It is working for me ...
    Firefox 16.0.1 Noscript AdblockPlus
    Did you try a ctrl+F5?
    Or clearing the cache?

• randym77randym77 Posts: 272
    edited December 1969

It was working fine for me, even while others were complaining about the problems.

It looks like it's a problem that's only affecting some people.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

It was up and running by midnight. I made a purchase and downloaded it okay.

• ChromaDrakeChromaDrake Posts: 288
    edited December 1969

The store seems to working finally and they got rid of that stupid Genesis fade-in ad.

Now fix the search and filter on the store (like bringing back price range filter).

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

So it seems the store is screwed up again.

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

Yep. I've heard other folks having a problem viewing the site, but now me too. Every product page is showing up list view.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8939/P690

view post 702 to see what it looks like for me.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

I did a hard refresh (after several other times) around an hour or so ago and it is now working.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I am so glad you finally got it working again.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,124
    edited December 1969

I noticed Lynda.com posted a new training course on basic Magento store setup. Probably nothing new for the Daz web team but they might be interested in taking a look.

http://www.lynda.com/course-tutorials/Create-Your-First-Online-Store-Magento-Go/109390-2.html?utm_source=LDCemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ReleaseAnnouncements_2012oct23-non

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

HA... DAZ needs to look at this link MrPoser! :P Store product order is all messed up again this AM.... SHEESH DAZ! lol

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

The last two orders I've put in the cart has been really misbehaving! I put the first thing into the cart, and the cart says there are zero items in it. Yes, I was logged in. When putting Parkside stuff in the cart, it would do that. I put a second item in, then it said two items. But when I put another item in, it still said there were two. Then the next item, it said there were four. A couple times it didn't change until I put two more items in.

Yesterday, when I put a new freebie into the cart...it said zero items. I had to put something else into the cart and then it said two items, and I just deleted that second thing. This is ridiculous at this point! This store has been live for 23 weeks! 23 weeks! In three more weeks it will be a half year! I'd say that's long enough to test this new software. It's obvious that it is not up to the standard that is required for this business, or for your customers, DAZ3D!

Dana

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited October 2012

DanaTA said:
    . . . This is ridiculous at this point! This store has been live for 23 weeks! 23 weeks! . . .

Hail Eris! :red:
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    . . . This is ridiculous at this point! This store has been live for 23 weeks! 23 weeks! . . .

Hail Eris! :red:

Oh, my. She's to blame? :gulp: This place may never run right. :shut:

Dana

• ColdrakeColdrake Posts: 236
    edited December 1969

MrPoser said:
    I noticed Lynda.com posted a new training course on basic Magento store setup. Probably nothing new for the Daz web team but they might be interested in taking a look.

http://www.lynda.com/course-tutorials/Create-Your-First-Online-Store-Magento-Go/109390-2.html?utm_source=LDCemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ReleaseAnnouncements_2012oct23-non

Actually DAZ has hired some Magento experts.

Coldrake

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

REALLY?? *falls on the floor laughing*

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Coldrake said:
    Actually DAZ has hired some Magento experts.

Hired? Weren't we told DAZ had got the full supported version of the store software? There ought to have been Magento techs camping out at DAZ HQ since the changeover— although I hope someone remembers to slip a pizza under the computer room door at least once a week...
  • Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

What is going on with the store pages? I get a list of links and have to scroll down all the way to see some images!
    I tried with IE9, Firefox and Chrome, all browsers gave the same view.This is going on for the last hour or so. I really hope these Magento experts know what they're doing. :smirk:

Love, Jeanne

edited December 1969

We had that before ... I am afraid you will have to wait till somebody at Dazland is awake and had enough coffee ... ;)

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    We had that before ... I am afraid you will have to wait till somebody at Dazland is awake and had enough coffee ... ;)

Ooohhh, and I already have had so much coffee today I'm turning all brown.... Well, just have to get my patience out of the cupboard... again, I suppose ;-)

Thanks Kerya for answering. :)

Love, Jeanne
    edited December 1969

JeanneM said:
    Kerya said:

Ooohhh, and I already have had so much coffee today I'm turning all brown.... Well, just have to get my patience out of the cupboard... again, I suppose ;-)

Thanks Kerya for answering. :)

Love, Jeanne

You've got your patience in a cupboard? You've got so much of it? Envy!
    ;) :lol:

edited December 1969

Don't laugh at my choice of the English words, you! :lol:

edited December 1969

JeanneM said:

I am not laughing about your choice of words (as I am not a native English speaker myself, that would be dangerous!) - I am lauging about my envy.
    Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. .... after repeating it a 100 times it still doesn't work. ;)

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    JeanneM said:

I am not laughing about your choice of words (as I am not a native English speaker myself, that would be dangerous!) - I am lauging about my envy.
    Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. .... after repeating it a 100 times it still doesn't work. ;)
    And I was joking of course, but you knew that already, didn't you? ;-)

Maybe you could change your mantra into something like: Whenever I need patience, I'll have it (even if it sits in the cupboard LOL )

Love, Jeanne

edited December 1969

In the cupboard it doesn't get dusty, right?
    ;)

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    REALLY?? *falls on the floor laughing*

*joins RAMWolff* :lol:

Dana

• YacomoYacomo Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

Just FYI, the store page layout is completely broken if using Safari. Pretty much impossible to browse products or make a purchase, you might want to have somebody look into this.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Try a Shiftt refresh, that is hold Shift down and click your Browsers refresh button.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Been a bit quiet in here recently. Has this thread been abandoned in favour of all the other "aaaiiieee, help!!!" threads? Or have there just been no major site updates in the last month?