Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD III

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    LMAO! From that comment I assume 'Ass' is an allowed word then? (Don't hit me cho! *Flinching*)

Dictionary defintion

ass noun
    1. a long-eared, slow, patient, sure-footed domesticated mammal, Equus asinus, related to the horse, used chiefly as a beast of burden.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

This is what I got so far...

ah_save2.jpg
    741 x 382 - 89K
    ah_save1.jpg
    741 x 382 - 91K
    edited September 2012

chohole said:
    Spyro said:
    LMAO! From that comment I assume 'Ass' is an allowed word then? (Don't hit me cho! *Flinching*)

Dictionary defintion

ass noun
    1. a long-eared, slow, patient, sure-footed domesticated mammal, Equus asinus, related to the horse, used chiefly as a beast of burden.

I assume that doesn't apply to the context in which the word is used? for example, the comment Wendy made about Victoria 5 sitting on her...

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

@Spyro
    I think it's the knapped look of a flint tool that is SO HARD to do. Might be why all we see is metal tipped items. In my 6 months (and I'm not a modeler) I've not got one simple leaf point for a knife blade/spear point yet. I've even tried Dis Maps to help the effect. I might give that new Gemology Shader a try if I ever get a good base object.

Flint does have gem like qualities when flaked into tools.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited September 2012

Jaderail said:
    @Spyro
    I think it's the knapped look of a flint tool that is SO HARD to do. Might be why all we see is metal tipped items. In my 6 months (and I'm not a modeler) I've not got one simple leaf point for a knife blade/spear point yet. I've even tried Dis Maps to help the effect. I might give that new Gemology Shader a try if I ever get a good base object.

Flint does have gem like qualities when flaked into tools.

Send me reference pics of flint arrow head your after and I'll give it a try for you with the Tribal Bow set... The one I'm working on right now is the matching arrow for the Fiberglass bow set

I could prob conquer a spear for you too.

FG_Quiver_Icon.jpg
    800 x 800 - 257K
    FG_Bow_Icon.jpg
    800 x 800 - 239K
    QuiverBow_Test_HG_SPYRO.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 250K
    edited December 1969

Also to note on the tribal bow set, I do intend to also make elvish style arrow, (keeping to LOTR concept which is the inspiration for the actual bow as well)

edited September 2012

What I'm working on is before arrows. I'm doing very early man in the Mega Fauna era. Stone Age early homo sapiens in small family groups. All tools will need to be Stone, bone and wood. The Hunter gatherer stage of man when they followed the food as it migrated with the seasons. (I'm a Ex primitive survivalist this stuff is in my blood) Starting fire from sticks, tanned hides as cloth, sun dried meats and fruits for long term use. Living in caves and using hides as travel camps.

I have the story, I have the environments, I have most of the critters I will need. I just can not find the tools for that age of man. Stuff like this.

knappingkit.jpg
    1000 x 806 - 629K
    Percussion_17.jpg
    540 x 232 - 13K
    flint_2.jpg
    270 x 405 - 13K
    59f1624ffaf081e4359af9e4ecb74ac5e342e3b1.jpg
    640 x 480 - 162K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    chohole said:
    Spyro said:

Dictionary defintion

ass noun

I assume that doesn't apply to the context in which the word is used? for example, the comment Wendy made about Victoria 5 sitting on her...

Spyro I once used to have an image on the front page of my site that was of Vicky sitting on her ass clad only in her hair, with the comment "don't be an ass, peruse these pages and find your characters some clothes to wear."

edited December 1969

I see, so the word 'ass' is not derogatory unless used in an offensive manner. (Offensive word being not the one spelled 'Ass', in English English it would actually be 'Ar*e')

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    What I'm working on is before arrows. I'm doing very early man in the Mega Fauna era. Stone Age early homo sapiens in small family groups. All tools will need to be Stone, bone and wood. The Hunter gatherer stage of man when they followed the food as it migrated with the seasons. (I'm a Ex primitive survivalist this stuff is in my blood) Starting fire from sticks, tanned hides as cloth, sun dried meats and fruits for long term use. Living in caves and using hides as travel camps.

I have the story, I have the environments, I have most of the critters I will need. I just can not find the tools for that age of man. Stuff like this.

Wow, those are beautiful! I can see why you desire them. Would you like me to give it a go? If so, the arrow head, Spear head, do you want the overall shape to be "Leaf" shaped like in those reference pics?? .... There are many different shapes. I think texturing it would be a fun job to do as well! I'm thinking, Digital painting blended with samples of reference image textures. (That would definitely require a high-poly count)

edited December 1969

A higher poly count than any you can buy at this time on the market.

edited September 2012

OMG! The arrow head just needed to start off with a pyramid primitive! Soooo Stupid of me!! It took like 10sec to create at HIGH-POLY!!

EDIT: There be a problem with this however, It makes the base of the primitive with only one centered vortex and the vortex points on the outer edges, means I cant modify the base of the pyramid unless I use boolean :(

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited December 1969

Hi guys! Sorry I have been around much. , between working and school most of my free time has been eaten up..
    anyway I want to show off my fist model i done with 3DS , I haven't got textures on it yet , we had to create a building using present shapes, and make a symmetrical model for architecture or environment use, so i thought i try make a old Greek Temple model using the cylinder presets. I got some textures paks I'll have to go through and see if i can find some marble textures. But this is what i have so far.

doesn't look like much now but hopefully it will when i finish it. :)

3DS-Max "Greek Temple Model"

temple4.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 172K
    temple3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 180K
    temple2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 81K
    temple1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 56K
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Keeping within the current high-toned stupid flow, I offer this

askhole-meme.jpg
    524 x 390 - 25K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,812
    edited December 1969

ok Ivy, now I feel really STUPID posting my answer to Spyro's bow!

bow.gif
    500 x 375 - 631K
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Anyone want to pay for a free beta? Saw this in the store earlier tonight. How stupid are we?

And the first line of the description gives the price as $0.00 . Stupid!

edited December 1969

That is stupid anne! They need to update the listing. I'm not paying money for a 'Beta' anything.

edited December 1969

ok Ivy, now I feel really STUPID posting my answer to Spyro's bow!

I must have missed that one Wendy :)

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

It strengthens my feeling that C8.5 will be released during the PC sale. Or they might hold it until November to get our money then too. In the meantime I'm enjoying the 8.5 beta for free.

edited September 2012

I just modelled that bow in Carrara and used softbody bullet physics on it
    it is a different sort of "bow" to Spiro's ;-P
    joke lol!

then you go and post your impressive models as I go to upload it :red:

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

joke lol!

oh I'm sorry Wendy.
    My model is a one I am doing for my Autodesk class. You really think its impressive? :) (swell head)
    wait until i get it textured and see it its still looks impressive..lol

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Wow, those are beautiful! I can see why you desire them. Would you like me to give it a go? If so, the arrow head, Spear head, do you want the overall shape to be "Leaf" shaped like in those reference pics?? .... There are many different shapes. I think texturing it would be a fun job to do as well! I'm thinking, Digital painting blended with samples of reference image textures. (That would definitely require a high-poly count)
    Sure I would love to see what can be done by somebody with some skill. I'm more of a put a bunch of primitive shapes into DS and send to Hex for editing kind of modeler. As for shapes Any will do but the leaf was used for Knife and spear points for a very long time. I can make most of the simple stuff like bone needles and Awls myself. I'm in the middle of building a Fire Drill right now. I just need to get the fire base with morphable use holes done and I can finish it.

My project will follow the lives of a family group for one full year. (not one spoken word by the characters, all done with expressions and gestures) It will have narration on some panels and sound effect blurbs. Maybe some screams and such from time to time, I'm just not going to cheat with the translated to english or fill the images with grunt talk type stuff.

My Spooky Creepy thing for Ivy's Thread (Hi IVY Great to see ya!) is an experiment in the Narration only type stuff.
    edited December 1969

joke lol!

LOL I've never attempted that sort of bow! And they shouldn't be compared like that either, Thats a beautiful bow Wendy, and I certainly haven't ventured into physics since my diploma years ago! So you remain well ahead of me!!

edited December 1969

HOLY SMOKES. I go off to answer one post and BOOM the thread grows like its on steroids.

Hi everybody!! I need to catch up, I'm all behind now.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Spyro said:
    Sure I would love to see what can be done by somebody with some skill. I'm more of a put a bunch of primitive shapes into DS and send to Hex for editing kind of modeler. As for shapes Any will do but the leaf was used for Knife and spear points for a very long time. I can make most of the simple stuff like bone needles and Awls myself. I'm in the middle of building a Fire Drill right now. I just need to get the fire base with morphable use holes done and I can finish it.

My project will follow the lives of a family group for one full year. (not one spoken word by the characters, all done with expressions and gestures) It will have narration on some panels and sound effect blurbs. Maybe some screams and such from time to time, I'm just not going to cheat with the translated to english or fill the images with grunt talk type stuff.

My Spooky Creepy thing for Ivy's Thread (Hi IVY Great to see ya!) is an experiment in the Narration only type stuff.

Okay, I'll begin work on the spear and arrow for you in the coming days... I've got to work over the weekend, and I'm just trying to get the fiberglass arrow polished off so I can export the bow bundle to ShareCG. I stick to this image for the overall shape and design for both Spear and Arrow. Later on, I'll be looking at creating swords, daggers and knives, I'll toy with a knife or dagger in the same style too.

59f1624ffaf081e4359af9e4ecb74ac5e342e3b1.jpg
    640 x 480 - 162K
    edited December 1969

Spear and knife for me, Spyro. I'm sure the arrow will be handy as well, I can see it used with the Tribal Bow. I just do not need arrows for this project.

P.S. Just the point really. I can make the spears and Knifes myself, and I'll need just the point for times when somebody is knapping a new one. But you go crazy and do anything you like. As said before I can not find this stuff.

edited December 1969

@TJohn: I live with a Askhole. Thanks for that, I now know what to call them to their face the next time they get uppity.

@Wendy: I have trouble tying my shoes let alone a 3D bow. And you just whip stuff up as you please. I'm so F'ing lame.

@AtticAnne: Thanks to Daz's goof you might now know the cost of the full version. I'm gonna have to save up if that's real.

@Ivy: You go girl. Textures, lighting and camera angles can really kick the temple into high gear. Keep on keeping on.

Whew! Did I miss anyone?

edited December 1969

LOL Ok, I'll make the spear and Knife my priority. I'll probably make a completed model of the two, (Spear) Shaft and joining twine (Knife) Hilt and twine joining. I can also have the blade and spear head exported as individual props for you as well. Once I master this Arrow tip I'm working on now, the chipped surface and gouges shouldn't be to much of a problem with a high poly base model of the leaf shape heads.

edited December 1969

and Ivy, that temple will look GREAT housing a nekkid Mike with a sword!!

edited December 1969

and Ivy, that temple will look GREAT housing a nekkid Mike with a sword!!

lol I got to figure out how to import poser models in to 3ds-Max i got the plugin for it. just don't know how to use it yet..lol
    in fact this 3ds & Maya is all a very slow learning process. my model sucks compared to some of the people in the class, though this temple is looking more like a tomb ..lol

This discussion has been closed.