Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD III

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Never feel that your alone Skiriki.

I have some idea of what your talking about, because I am in a similar boat, just in another storm. - I'm on the meds, I see the doc, I have one on ones with the therapist. My job is good, but at the same time, it doesn't help my psychological well being in some respects. Mainly the whole nights aspect, though I Like it, because I'm often alone, not many people around me, its also a negative for the same reason. I've only recently been pushing myself, mainly on the advice of the docs. I'm very sick of feeling this way, The anxiety/Nervousness over petty things, the overwhelming nausea, the sleeping issues.

One thing I've really discovered it that it is incredibly common! For so long, I always thought I was the odd one, that everyone around me lived out their lives without the problems and burdens that I carry on my shoulders... I was totally wrong.

I have done training for jobs, I did courses and some that I pulled out from. I have no idea what my desired career is, I look into my long term goals and see nothing but fog. I turn down the idea of almost every advertised job, simply by overwhelming myself with every ridiculously negative things 'that may happen, or the things involved in the job that would just freak me out (all the anxiety and depression!). I applied for a sign-writer apprenticeship job, low and behold, a day after my much nerve wrecking application submission, I got a message on my phone, asking me to go in for an interview on that day! Course, I wasn't excited, My anxiety totally ate it away like acid. I freaked out (It should have been a very happy moment! - A first job for me that was artistic and creative) But no... I couldn't do it at the time, all was too much. I called up after hours of freaking... The only way out was to explain I was 'Unwell', apologize and withdraw the application. THAT WAS NOT THE ANSWER. I truly regret giving in to it all. And when I hung up the phone, I felt just as terrible as before making that decision.

I have many regrets, many fears, many phobias. But I've been working on getting better. Trying very hard to see all the positives! To keep a positive view on any and all situations. The more I let it out, the more I understand it.

ANYWAY... I wont babble on any longer! This isn't the place. My point is, YOU ARE NOT ALONE, and that there is light at the end of the tunnel for us... We just have to take the steps to reach it. Small steps are better than none. Stay positive girl :)

Quote: "I am not stupid. And that’s all that matters."

I'm glad you used that final line on your post. ALWAYS KNOW IT. :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Tried to nap, failed, still wired from caffeine. Kinda stupid.

Treating myself with a bit of chocolate I bought -- since it was right by the cashier and I had time to snag it into my shopping basket without much thought about which sort of choccy I want (I can take ages in picking the right sort of ice cream) -- NOT STUPID! :lol:

Om nom nom.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Anyone who had never heard of SAD should not worry about not knowing over much. It was not even thought a real disorder for the longest. I understand much about some of this stuff due to my family. I try to not think about it much because I can sometimes cause a swing in my mood by doing so. Do not misunderstand me, I loved my parents but they really should not have had me so late in life. My Mom was a severe depressive and my Father a long cycle Bipolar. As the baby of the family I'm the one who was blessed with the most of all the inherited disorders. I'm not as bad as either with the mental disorders, my cycles are not high or low enough (most of the time) to qualify as Bipolar and I'm not in a constant down state as my mother was. I do suffer from the other things passed on to me, my Arthritis is much more advanced than my mothers was at my age and the kidney failure came from my fathers side of the family. The Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome I was born with is anyone's guess, I seem to be unique in the family as to that one. Now Whats the point of all this you might ask? It's this...

I'm alive. I'm happy to be alive. I look at everyday no matter how bad it is as a GOOD day. Yes! I gripe and moan and complain about any and all this from time to time. But I'm here to do it, so it's still a good day. Everybody has problems and some more than others. Some need help to deal with their problems, I need Dialysis just to live, other's need meds and yet others just manage to deal all on their on. I say to all of you whatever your problem whatever your troubles, WE ARE STILL ALIVE!! It's a GOOD Day.

Now go get STUPID!! It's a GOOD day for some STUPID!

edited December 1969

No it isn't!

It is TUESDAY!

And we all know that TUESDAYS are NO STUPID ALLOWED DAYS!

Why? Because it is...

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

YAY!

*tapdances to stage left*

edited December 1969

I no can find a new Freebe. Should I check my mail? I want to get Stupid with a new Freebe.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703
    edited December 1969

I got free Norton security with comcast. It is still active evea though I returned all my comcast equipment in August. I need to find security suite.

edited December 1969

Freebie isn't out yet! I think. Let me check, it wasn't when I posted.

Nope, not out yet. But it will be! And therefore, no stoopid today!

edited December 1969

YAY! FREEBIE!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/old-fashioned-bicycles

IT IS A PENNYFARTHING GUIS! AWSUM!

Now, everybody, let's sing "Fat-Bottomed Girls" and "Bicycle Race" by Queen!

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    YAY! FREEBIE!

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/old-fashioned-bicycles

IT IS A PENNYFARTHING GUIS! AWSUM!

Now, everybody, let's sing "Fat-Bottomed Girls" and "Bicycle Race" by Queen!

Hmm... not much use to my type of renders but I MUST have those. Maybe playing Fat-Bottomed Girls or Bicycle Race when I do another RRRR will help them pop up.

NOTE to self: Check on RRRR the no CG stuff has messed up this one, and my render just WILL NOT come together. Major PITA!
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,821
    edited December 1969

get on those bikes and ride!
    is bareassed nudity allowed on this forum if as much as thong would cover is obscured by a bicycle seat?
    and Jefferal, would Bruuna ride a bike through town? (or is SHE the town bike?)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

is bareassed nudity allowed on this forum if as much as thong would cover is obscured by a bicycle seat?

Nudity rules says . If your image shows the genitals, pubic area, anus or major part of the buttocks of your figure *snip* then there must be opaque clothing of some kind over the area, or it must be screened by solid scenery and props in the scene:
    edited December 1969

CRAP!! Thanks, now the gears are turning, your post followed by Chohole's post are just way too tempting to NOT try to pull off.

Just ignore the Drow in the corner with smoke coming out of his ears, he is stinkin thinkin.
  • kerith12kerith12 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

What did you do to make DAZ work without a serial number? ...cause I'm having the same problem!

edited December 1969

kerith12 said:
    What did you do to make DAZ work without a serial number? ...cause I'm having the same problem!
    What? Wrong thread I think.
    edited December 1969

good post for a stupid thread though. DS won't work without a serial number.

edited December 1969

Is there any way to pay for DS4.5?

edited December 1969

Why would you want to pay for a free program. You simply go to the store and put it in your cart, then take it through the checkout

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/daz-studio-4-pro

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Why would you want to pay for a free program. You simply go to the store and put it in your cart, then take it through the checkout

because some people are upset that I got it for free but they had to pay for it

edited December 1969

That was ages ago, doesn't need bringing up again now. DS4.pro and DS 4.5 pro are free and have been for a long time now.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    That was ages ago, doesn't need bringing up again now. DS4.pro and DS 4.5 pro are free and have been for a long time now.

oops sorry

edited December 1969

I was rambling just to distract myself. the police were here for my roommate.

edited September 2012

chohole said:

because some people are upset that I got it for free but they had to pay for it

Anyone you know that PAID for DS4 and is upset you have DS4.5 for free need to be told about DS4.5 so they can get it for free as well.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

I was not too worried. Maybe I will wait and get S5 pro bundle. That should count for something. I also get more poses for Genesis

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Nudity rules says . If your image shows the genitals, pubic area, anus or major part of the buttocks of your figure *snip* then there must be opaque clothing of some kind over the area, or it must be screened by solid scenery and props in the scene:

I'm guessing a bikini bottom would be OK, otherwise some major editing needs to take place on product promo pages in the Daz Shop.

Hmmmmm...not stupid enough.
    I like pie!
    There, that's better.

Here in the States, I always heard those bikes with the big front wheels called velocipedes.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velocipede
    Maybe 'cause I think we didn't have farthings.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

vampires cannot handle REAL sunlight!

Sometimes I wonder if I'd burst into flames if I accidentally stepped outside during daytime (working night-shift).

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Never feel that your alone Skiriki.

I have some idea of what your talking about, because I am in a similar boat, just in another storm. - I'm on the meds, I see the doc, I have one on ones with the therapist. My job is good, but at the same time, it doesn't help my psychological well being in some respects. Mainly the whole nights aspect, though I Like it, because I'm often alone, not many people around me, its also a negative for the same reason. I've only recently been pushing myself, mainly on the advice of the docs. I'm very sick of feeling this way, The anxiety/Nervousness over petty things, the overwhelming nausea, the sleeping issues.

Sleeping issues, yeah, I know very well what you mean. It's hell on Sunday (a paradox...), when the bells are ringing, the noise from the traffic drones on, and you try to sleep, because you work when most people are asleep. So, I haven't had a normal day for a long time. Even the thought of turning the day when your shift is over is impossible to me. I stay awake at night, and sleep when I can during the day, because my internal clock is set for somewhere between the west-coast of the US and Hawaii.

At the same time, I fear getting a different job might mean unemployment, due to the fact that every other job is unsafe. So, here I am, at the last leg of my spare-time, fully awake at 02.00 AM and not getting to bed until morning. Knowing from experience I don't think I'll see the sun before my scheduled vacation in October, just a few weeks from now!! I decided to make my vacation when every other person has finished their vacations, holidays etc. and are at full swing, just because this is the worst time of the year. And I got at least some sun in the summer (late afternoon/evening).

I wonder what it's like to have a normal schedule. Glad I have a hobby that makes me focus on stuff I think is cool.

FYI, I was browsing an online map March last year, and boy was I surprised when I discovered that 'helvete' (literal translation= Hell), is a place in many parts of Norway. I suspect somebody is having a joke at Gulesider.no's expense, hahaha!! Just zoom in and you'll see what I mean:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/5560878944/in/set-72157626000990942

I found 25 references. Go to their website at http://kart.gulesider.no/, type in the word, and be baffled. I don't think the owners of the website knows about this.

Vinter-helvete.jpg
    632 x 446 - 53K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Today I waffle on as long as I can...

...wow., you are an excellent writer. Believe it or not, I could picture scenes from your words.

In many ways I am the same, I feel l much more comfortable by myself rather than out in a crowd. I find crowds very stifling, if not choking which I why I leave for work earlier than I need to just to avoid crowded buses and trams.

I'm very uncomfortable around strangers, always have been. On the bus or tram I usually pull the brim of my hat down and feign I am napping just to avoid potential contact. I no longer wear the jackets I have with my favorite sports teams' logos to work anymore to avoid sparking an unwanted conversation along the way. I just want to get to work in the morning and get home in the evening "unscathed". Oh I can deal with coworkers, supervisors, & the like at the day job because I have to in order to function in the workplace. But once I go through the door after the day is done, the "shields" go back up until I get home.

I'm not a complete hermit, I do have a circle of friends some of whom are in my gaming group others who I meet at the couple pubs I frequent.

However after a busy or hectic day, I find solitude to be refreshing. I have to deal with so much stupidity sometimes it is painful. I'm tired of dealing with the stupidity of others, with being forced to be what someone else wants. I want an uncomplicated lifestyle, is that to much to ask?

Having trouble finding a place of my own that I can afford. Rents have gone up so high where I live, in some cases becoming almost obscene. All this gentrification, speculation, and development is squeezing the honest wage earner out. All for the sake of stupid greed.

The transit system here is stupid, having become buddy buddy with the developers rather than serving the commuters.

I really want to get back into my 3D work like I used to but dealing with the the day job takes so much out of me I am totally exhausted by the time I get home (which is usually after 19:00).

I am so tired I rarely make dinner anymore when I get home, and I love to cook.

I wish I could go to the coast to fly kites like I used to but to do so here one has to drive these days as there is no more bus service.

...stupid.

I need my creative and expressive outlets to keep the events and stupidity of RL from getting the better of me as they have.

Sometimes I feel the need to stop for a moment and ask the child's question, "why...?"

...too much "stupid", and not enough simple common sense.

...is it really that hard to take the simple approach?

...meh, rambled on too long. Apologies.

BTW, great job on the Pit Fiend.

edited December 1969

I'm a bit miffed! In the old days folks would have Challenged me to do the Render I mentioned I was thinking about. Others would have said I could not do it. In these new Forums it's "Chirp Chirp Chirp" NADA !! Without Flags for the TOS I'm pretty much just shut down.

That is one STUPID I can not overlook.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited December 1969

...OK another stoopid Daz question as I am about to do a stoopid thing.

What path is the Genesis Essentials supposed use during installation? When I ran the installer it was pointed to where my 3A content goes. I know that 4.5 content/modules are supposed to install to a different location but I don't remember the path to redirect it.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK another stoopid Daz question as I am about to do a stoopid thing.

What path is the Genesis Essentials supposed use during installation? When I ran the installer it was pointed to where my 3A content goes. I know that 4.5 content/modules are supposed to install to a different location but I don't remember the path to redirect it.

The default is ...Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library, but you can put your content anywhere you like.

This discussion has been closed.