A New Hope

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

I could not do much at all with script vox I couldn't do with Speakonia anyway, hardly noticed any changes to the SAPI voices.
    quite like morphvox though, cannot sing in harmony with it though as it changes the pitch.
    found that a bit disconcerting.
    I can sing in harmony with recordings of my own voice and other people (I pick out harmonies to tv jingles even!) something I learnt to do along with singing reading music notation, I can pick up a previously unseen piece of sheet music and sing it in key, not well, not the greatest voice! but in key!
    I think it because I sight read music mostly playing the piano and organ, cannot memorize stuff but can play stuff I have seen for the first time, and make up chords if just a melody line, I have to do it a lot for church.
    pity my voice is so whiney, and I cannot whistle, that is why I use virtual singer!
    no good being able to hold a tune if it sounds weak, nasal and whiney,

I have a character that likes to sing. But I've been told my singing sounds like a drunk sailor, so I couldn't do it for her. :P

did she tell you :)

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

lol! I imagine she'd tell me she doesn't want a oice like mine, but she would only be able to tell me that with a voice like mine! After all, I created her for fiction. :P

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Ok, well, I did my first Maya render, it's the same shot as my last DS render, but boy oh boy will I need to work on the materials haha!

did I miss it :)
    I didn't even save the render. Just wanted to make sure I could bring in the whole scene and then render it. There weren't any lights or anything. Later perhaps I'll play with it some more.

edited September 2012

like this ;-)

1_playing_the_game.jpg
    800 x 480 - 216K
    Post edited by bigh on
    edited December 1969

check them out - the top ten

http://youtu.be/4d37FK21AFI

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I should have known by my son's off-hand manner. Now I think I better find out which game is his.

edited December 1969

The OG War, a Facebook on-line game, is now owned by my #2 son.

edited December 1969

Now, back to our regularly scheduled problems...

My daughter's laptop is acting screwy (my professional description of the malfunction). No matter what desktop icon she clicks, the Recycle bin opens. Any suggestions? She's running XP.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

Maybe she has a lot of rubbish on the desktop :roll: :coolsmirk:

I know, helpful, aren't I

I actually can't help cos the only icon I have on my dektop is the recycle bin, and I wish I could get rid of that one, it spoils my wallpaper picture. A recycle bin looks stupid in the corner of a rural landscape.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited September 2012

Not nearly as much as I have. :-)

A friend of hers told her that she needs to remap her keyboard, but I don't think that's the solution.

Post edited by atticanne on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

How can you remap a keyboard, that would sure muck up people like me who touch type. I hit enough wrong keys as it is, dread to think what would happen if someone moved all the keys around. :roll:

Maybe someone has played games with her, She could try deleting all the shortcuts and remaking them. Try one for a start, to see if it works.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

What about Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter?

edited December 1969

I'll suggest that to her, LOH. She's been trying to do a backup by moving files from the laptop to an external, but says there is one file that won't move because the file name is too long. She gets in a panic and flies off her broom handle. I can't even get a clear idea of what's wrong until she calms down.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    How can you remap a keyboard, that would sure muck up people like me who touch type. I hit enough wrong keys as it is, dread to think what would happen if someone moved all the keys around. :roll:

Maybe someone has played games with her, She could try deleting all the shortcuts and remaking them. Try one for a start, to see if it works.

When she calms down, I'll try to get hold of it long enough to try it. I agree with you, though, Pam. Don't go screwing around with a touch typist's keyboard. I learned on a manual and I think the keyboard is still good 50+ years later.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969

I google searched your daughter's problem one answer defective keyboard, delete key stuck on!
    worth a try
    got a spare keyboard?

edited December 1969

There's always the On-Screen Keyboard

edited December 1969

download
    wanna smashed car?
    hope it NEVER looks like this for real :ohh:

my_corolla.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 414K
    edited December 1969

download
    wanna smashed car?

I don't want a SMASHED car, I wanna SMASH cars. Used to do it in high school.

edited December 1969

I google searched your daughter's problem one answer defective keyboard, delete key stuck on!
    worth a try
    got a spare keyboard?

I suggested that to her yesterday and she indignantly told me that wasn't it. Somedays I just wish I could kill her and tell God she died. In the morning I will see if I can scrounge up a USB keyboard. After I told her Wendy in Australia said... she was more amenable. I did get my hands on her laptop for a couple of hours this evening. It does seem to be sticking at times, not always when doing the same thin g. She had 5 years of AVG remnants on it and I finally got those removed. She thought that when she uninstalled AVG all files were removed. Ha! She finally got the stuck file unstuck and copied to her Passport. Her HD is 95% full and she insists that nothing can be deleted because she needs it.

edited December 1969

There's always the On-Screen Keyboard

Does XP have an On-Screen Keyboard? I'll look into it. She has about 20 restore points and I can delete some of them. I did a Clean Disk, but it doesn't need (or have enough room for) a Defrag. Microsoft Security Essentials hasn't detected anything. It seems to be better, but since the problem was intermittent I'll have to wait and see. People who thrown temper fits should not have computers. This is the 3rd or 4th laptop she's managed to tear up.

She has so many trash files on there that I'm sure it needs to have the registry cleaned too.

edited December 1969

Anyone missing a few geckos?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_6mhWeyUfU

(not mine, but I was inspired)

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    worth a try
    got a spare keyboard?

I suggested that to her yesterday and she indignantly told me that wasn't it. Somedays I just wish I could kill her and tell God she died. In the morning I will see if I can scrounge up a USB keyboard. After I told her Wendy in Australia said... she was more amenable. I did get my hands on her laptop for a couple of hours this evening. It does seem to be sticking at times, not always when doing the same thin g. She had 5 years of AVG remnants on it and I finally got those removed. She thought that when she uninstalled AVG all files were removed. Ha! She finally got the stuck file unstuck and copied to her Passport. Her HD is 95% full and she insists that nothing can be deleted because she needs it.

AVG is great I never go any where with out it !!

edited December 1969

download
    wanna smashed car?

is that what yours looked like .

edited December 1969

Anyone missing a few geckos?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_6mhWeyUfU

(not mine, but I was inspired)

My geckos don't dance. When my GS gets home from school trhis afternoon, I'm showing him this. Thanks, Jacob.

edited September 2012

Still working on a render in Maya, but to be honest I'm more interested in the modelling work, so I'm not sure when or if that render will see the light of day. I'm absolutely loving eveything about 3D at the moment, partly because I'm not pushing myself to get everything done at once. Besides, I'm working on other things too.

Also, I've bought a few items lately, some from the PA sale, and also finally got Gen-X, which I really want to play with.

Life's fun.

Hope everyone's well and happy.

Post edited by BlumBlumShub on
    edited September 2012

Morning/afternoon, Barry. My DD's laptop is holding its own, so hopefully she won't pester me today. I'm noticing we have some MIAs. Hope they're just all busy with 3D and enjoying themselves.

Post edited by atticanne on
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Morning/afternoon, Barry. My DD's laptop is holding its own, so hopefully she won't pester me today. I'm noticing we have some MIAs. Hope they're just all busy with 3D and enjoying themselves.

Yeah, indeed. I've been enjoying myself working on websites and some bloody stupid business plan that I don't even need.

Luckily I've got the house to myself tonight, woot woot! So I'm going to be having some fun. Probably with Maya. I have downloaded a book to my Kindle and it's got some great info in it. And because it's on Kindle (well, the Kindle program on my Android actually) I've been reading it in all the places where I've had to wait. Great thing, Kindle.

Got a little money coming my way soon, thinking of buying a physical book, too.

Was watching the things you suggested about that laptop and you seem to know what you're doing, which is really good.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Yeah, indeed. I've been enjoying myself working on websites and some bloody stupid business plan that I don't even need.

Luckily I've got the house to myself tonight, woot woot! So I'm going to be having some fun. Probably with Maya. I have downloaded a book to my Kindle and it's got some great info in it. And because it's on Kindle (well, the Kindle program on my Android actually) I've been reading it in all the places where I've had to wait. Great thing, Kindle.

Got a little money coming my way soon, thinking of buying a physical book, too.

Was watching the things you suggested about that laptop and you seem to know what you're doing, which is really good.

A Kindle is tempting, but I' probably lose it. I have an Android, but it turns itself off in less than a minute.

I treasure my alone time. Wish I had more of it.

Many computer problems can be averted with preventive maintenance.

Have a productive weekend and enjoy. DD's baby is being baptized Sunday. I just hope he doesn't do his enraged gorilla show for the bishop.

edited December 1969

I am on
    my Android now
    always on it
    at the takeaway pizza shop, in bed (like now), in the loo :red:
    got a kindle, never use it.

edited December 1969

I am on
    my Android now
    always on it
    at the takeaway pizza shop, in bed (like now), in the loo :red:
    got a kindle, never use it.

Yeah, I can't see the point in having a Kindle machine when I have the Android and software. Though I believe the battery use is a lot lighter on a Kindle so I might be able to go longer without charging. Even so, not worth the price just for that.