MEC4D PBS shaders vol.2 -Released- [Commercial]

Comments

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601
    edited March 2016

Much thanks for the freebies! Here's something I put together. I think I managed to get all of them in there, although some may be hard to identify, like those used on the nails and zippers.

green.jpg
    1187 x 1920 - 574K
    green.jpg
    1187 x 1920 - 567K
    Post edited by isidorn on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Good luck, Tessaract. :/

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited March 2016

Okay, my render finally finished.  I used the green denim, scuffed worn leather and the dirty cotton one.  The scuffed leather one is hard to see, but it is on the little guy's shoes.  Green denim is on the pants and tie.  The dirty cotton is on his vest.  I had to kind of kit bash an outfit out of several as I didn't really have any leprechaun type clothing.  Some of the products are actually really old ones with Iray shaders applied.  I even had to break out and create a primitive, with a d-Former, and an Iray shader applied.  Hope you like it.  My 12 year old son is not impressed with Mom's efforts on a leprechaun, but he is the reason the pot of gold ended up being as big as it is.

edit: fixed name of shader used

Edit again: uploaded new version of contest entry.  Left both attachment files.  Shaders used on hat were worn leather, old car aba, and tarpauline dark green.

Leprechaun02.jpg
    1000 x 1414 - 985K
    Leprechaun03.jpg
    1000 x 1414 - 974K
    Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713

Here's my attempt (or at least my first one, I may do something else if inspiration strikes).

Shaders used: Mossy stone, porcelain jade, worn leather

Green_20160318_edit.png
    958 x 1027 - 1M
    edited March 2016

First offering... will do another, much less serious, and MAYBE a third that's rattling around in my head.

The wormthing is Alien skin, mostly. The distant thing is grainy plastic. The car is (obviously) rusty green, then some dirty jean jacket, jeans with a dirt overlay, tarpauline tent, green concrete waste pipe, mossy stone for the concrete  ground, and green plastic over the car's windows.

From PBS Vol 1, there's rusty aluminum on the fencing, rust on some parts of the car, and brass on his buttons and belt buckle (not sure how visible that is).

Oh, and he has Unshaven 2 beard with appropriate shader. ;)

Fearing Green.jpg
    1404 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Oso3D on
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited March 2016

Nice one ! 

isidorn said:

Much thanks for the freebies! Here's something I put together. I think I managed to get all of them in there, although some may be hard to identify, like those used on the nails and zippers.

That's cute , if he had a hat that would be obvious but still looking cool 

Okay, my render finally finished.  I used the green denim, scuffed leather and the dirty cotton one.  The scuffed leather one is hard to see, but it is on the little guy's shoes.  Green denim is on the pants and tie.  The dirty cotton is on his vest.  I had to kind of kit bash an outfit out of several as I didn't really have any leprechaun type clothing.  Some of the products are actually really old ones with Iray shaders applied.  I even had to break out and create a primitive, with a d-Former, and an Iray shader applied.  Hope you like it.  My 12 year old son is not impressed with Mom's efforts on a leprechaun, but he is the reason the pot of gold ended up being as big as it is.

Nice one , I like how the light shine on the leather , interesting combination but working well together with the stone

Nath said:

Here's my attempt (or at least my first one, I may do something else if inspiration strikes).

Shaders used: Mossy stone, porcelain jade, worn leather

he reminds me of the dude from 2012 movie some way lol  also nice use of the Tarpaulin shader on the tent 

First offering... will do another, much less serious, and MAYBE a third that's rattling around in my head.

The wormthing is Alien skin, mostly. The distant thing is grainy plastic. The car is (obviously) rusty green, then some dirty jean jacket, jeans with a dirt overlay, tarpauline tent, green concrete waste pipe, mossy stone for the concrete  ground, and green plastic over the car's windows.

From PBS Vol 1, there's rusty aluminum on the fencing, rust on some parts of the car, and brass on his buttons and belt buckle (not sure how visible that is).

Oh, and he has Unshaven 2 beard with appropriate shader. ;)

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,148
    edited March 2016

Got very lucky, turned out I didn't need the surgical procedure I was expecting and a simpler and more affordable procedure was done. Not in pain now and I can keep my main PC once I reinstall everything. So I guess I'm not going to be away as long as I feared. Not gonna be able to submit another render before the contest ends, but frankly 'not in pain' is better than I had this morning. Still, if I can have my submission considered in the contest again I'd like that.
    Post edited by TesseractSpace on
  • HoMartHoMart Posts: 480
    edited March 2016

First a big THANK YOU Cath, for your freebies - current and past.

took me a while to put this together and render it.

Because I´m a little "bot addicted" AND I use Volume 01 in almost every render, I had to do this sequence.

(ok, I admit that I also wanted to use this button for a long time and now had an use for it) ;)

Used almost all green shaders - could not find a rational place for "dirty cotton" and "mossy stone" - but the rest is used.

The bot now has a "plastic bag" tounge. ;)

and I used a more "human" bump for "alien skin" - bot looks nicer this way

2OT-make-Green-IRAY-001a.jpg
    1000 x 2000 - 677K
    Post edited by HoMart on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

Got very lucky, turned out I didn't need the surgical procedure I was expecting and a simpler and more affordable procedure was done. Not in pain now and I can keep my main PC once I reinstall everything. So I guess I'm not going to be away as long as I feared. Not gonna be able to submit another render before the contest ends, but frankly 'not in pain' is better than I had this morning. Still, if I can have my submission considered in the contest again I'd like that.

Fabulous news!

barbult said:

Fabulous news!

Yes, it is. I'm tapped out for the rest of March Madness and a good part of April, but I'm feeling far better. Still gotta recover, but with far less stress than it could have been.

• I am happy for you TesseractSpace and glad you feel better. The only good part of pain is when it goes away.

• Here's mine. I used Mossy Stone, Leather Worn Green, Dirty Cotton Green, Jeans Green and a few others that you can't see because they're on the leprechaun.

StPaddysDay.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 957K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

WOW! 

edited March 2016

Here's another more relaxing image.

Plastic on leaf, porcelein on front of boat, something else on trees, mossy rock on the, well, rocks, alien skin on frog dude, WTP Ocean Ripples for the water.

Green Idyl2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by Oso3D on
  • volumes 2 and 3 sounding

MEC4D said:

Actually around $48 Australian dollars plus it will be release discount too .. skins and all the stuff ( and very cool one ) will be in Vol.4 .. before that Vol.3 with Wood only ..many wood shaders and styles to cover most everything ..even burnned wood etc.. 

MEC4D said:

at full price that'll be about $50 Australian but the quality and amount so worth it these are amazing makes it hard to buy other products as these will bring so much new life to older products that are still good but need that spark now to compare to newer versions and with these shaders wont have to replace a lot of our older content  hope you do some more fabric and creature skin/eyes some day fish/lizard, insect, crustacian, plant, slugs the more unusaul textures/patterns 

nice so much to look forward to got an idea for 5 unless you have that one planned already well something for 5 may fit into one of the others how about some tubing like you know how in robots and other machine type stuff you see transparent tubing and different liquads flowing through the tubing kind of effect would also be great for veins in aliens/monsters and plants, coral too. Bone colouring as well like as in teeth not all teeth are pearly white there's the different shades of yellow and sometimes other colours in teeth, claws, spines and bones in general as well as moss type effects, some more unusual skin tones would be nice in your skin pack translucent ones. In your woody will there be be varnished and unvarnished versions and chipboard? 

After posting my image I realized the bottom part of the "action pack" was below the floor level. I've fixed that now and took the liberty to change the image in my post. I left the old one still attached for comparison.

Happy to hear that @TesseractSpace   

Wow fantastic renders everyone !  really enjoyed it again !

• TottallouTottallou Posts: 555
    edited March 2016

Thanks for the Freebies -  I managed  to get a contest render done using plenty of the greens (Mossy Stone - Plastic Bag - Dirty Cotton - Alien Skin - Green Jeans - Worn Leather - Green Plastic)

Frogs.png
    975 x 1300 - 2M
    Post edited by Tottallou on

Very cute!

I was playing with vol.2 last night and retexturing my old Hercules set and also the old Ruins for Poser

Into the ruins.jpg
    2880 x 1500 - 1M
  • SorelSorel Posts: 1,389
    MEC4D said:

Very cute!

I was playing with vol.2 last night and retexturing my old Hercules set and also the old Ruins for Poser

Nice! It's like a scene out if a movie.
    MEC4D said:

Very cute!

That's a fantastic render!

MEC4D said:

Very cute!

Looks like he's hunting Gorgons... Love the style and look of the Hercules set!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091
    edited March 2016

Well this one isn't going to win any prizes, but I wanted to post something to say thank you...

Anyone seen a dragon? (You may recognize the outfit)

St Patrick's Day Shaders Used:
    Dirty Cotton Green, Jeans Green, Leather Worn Green, Latex Green, Tarpauline Dark Green (Clothing)
    Alien Skin Green1 (dragon)
    ABS Plastic Grainy Green, ABS Plastic Worn Green, Mossy Stone (on grass, weeds and rocks)
    Old Car Rusted Paint Green (fence)
    Also Used:
    PBS Vol 1 metals (various)

Anyone-Seen-A-Dragon.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 686K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • MaARiTtiMaARiTti Posts: 42
    edited March 2016

Thank you a lot of lovely freebies.
    the 1980s green was my favorite color and I had the shoes just like the picture, the green leather that looks like plastic.
    picture is like me at that time, I liked the Cabaret musical at that time
     and this is for the picture:

"Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome
    Fremde, etranger, stranger
    Gluklich zu sehen, je suis enchante,
    Happy to see you, bleibe, reste, stay
    Willkomen, bienvenue, welcome,
    Im Cabaret, au Cabaret, to Cabaret"

I used; Plastic Green, Conrcete Painted, Jeans Green, Leather Worn, Mossy Stone, Plastic Bag and Polymer Olive

Two layers mixing together, no other postwork,

I'M Star.jpg
    1229 x 1229 - 1M
    Post edited by MaARiTti on
  • FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Thank you for these great shaders. I had fun trying to use as many as possible.

I used : 

Alien Skin Green1 on the butterflies

Dirty Cotton Green on the outfit.

ABS Plastic Worn Green on the necklace and bracelet

Mossy Stone on the stones

Tarpauline Dark Green on the tree

Old Car Rusted Paint Green on the building

Concrete Painted green on the plants

Old Car ABA Green on the weeds

Plastic Bag Green on the grass

"Nature Of Green"

natureofgreen.jpg
    1618 x 1000 - 2M
  • MaARiTtiMaARiTti Posts: 42

This is Paragon Club and I used Conrcete Painted, Jeans Green and Mossy Stone

paragon club .jpg
    1782 x 1181 - 1M
  • NathNath Posts: 2,713
    edited March 2016

And another attempt from me. Shaders used: plastic bag, worn leather, ABS worn plastic, jeans green, ABS plastic, alien skin, latex green, condrete, mossy stone, rusty car.

Post edited by Nath on
    edited March 2016

Great new renders everyone ! 

@MaARiTti the song goes so well with it.. I can picture it in motion haha 

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited March 2016

The Dragon and the Butterfly

Credits:
    Daz Dragon 3 - Daz
    Mythic Beasts for the DAZ Dragon 3 - Sickleyield, Fuseling
    Creatures of Legend - SickleYield
    Ultimate Butterfly Collection - Ajax and Noggin
    Peaceful Waiting - Vikike176

MEC4D:
    Claws and Horns - Old Car Aba Green
    Skin - Alien Skin Green1
    Wing Membrane - Leather Worn Green
    Butterfly - Old Car Rusted Paint Green
    Water - Plastic Bag Green
    Cube - Mossy Stone

TheDragonAndTheButterfly.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 273K
    Post edited by Kerya on
    edited March 2016

BTW I did not told you that you can change the Alien skin to have some creepy slimy effect like an alien clone covered with green jelly etc.. the Translucent color is actually the dermis color and the base color is the upper dermis death skin top

so changing the dermis color will create different effect .. here more example of the changed color , works best with skin color, yellow , bluish or red, make sure the translucent color don't get brighter than183-186 to keep it PBR for best effect

It was actually my concept of prove that base skin textures don't have to be in skin color at all as u see the base color is just green texture and in reality it is just a top layer and the actual base is translucent layer

I think it is interesting ..  play with and see for yourself

alien skin 0.jpg
    1142 x 504 - 191K
    alien skin4.jpg
    913 x 720 - 370K
    alien skin 3.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 569K
    alien skin 2.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 574K
    alien skin 1.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 411K
    Post edited by MEC4D on