MEC4D PBS shaders vol.2 -Released- [Commercial]

Comments

• RafmerRafmer Posts: 564

Thanks for the shader! Here is my entry; I called it... "The forgotten", in tribute to the lost traditions and folklore pre-christianity.

I used Plastic grainy, Dirty cotton, Mossy stone and Porcelain jade (but it was on the emissive crystal, so it does not show).

st.patrick.png
    835 x 1080 - 1M
  • MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

Nice entries already ! 

I am having green fun too ;) just for inspiration .. Used Old Car ABA , Alien skin, Mossy stones, dirty green cotton and worn green leather , I borrow the shader from vol.2 for the tree leaves

btw you can make more than one render .. if you like 

and I know the source here is limited but don't mean you have to use only the green shaders ..mix and blend them with stuff you have 

stonemasons.png
    764 x 1080 - 2M
  • TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,148
    MEC4D said:

Nice entries already ! 

I am having green fun too ;) just for inspiration .. Used Old Car ABA , Alien skin, Mossy stones, dirty green cotton and worn green leather , I borrow the shader from vol.2 for the tree leaves

btw you can make more than one render .. if you like 

and I know the source here is limited but don't mean you have to use only the green shaders ..mix and blend them with stuff you have 

heh, for mine I felt like challenging myself to have as much of the scene in your shaders as possible. Managed to get them on everything but her skin and the lenses of her glasses. :)  Sadly the lighting choice kinda killed the view of the scene around her, but it worked that way too. :)

Here one more for inspiration .. Happy Buddha got green .. used ABS plastic ( 3D printing plastic ) and mossy stones

@TesseractSpace the light on the dragon looks nice, the only thing maybe the scale on the main stone is too low, when you see the small dots it mean you need to scale up the texture ( you may redone it if you like ).. but overall creative scene , and btw I am not going to judge the entries ..

buddha green.png
    764 x 1080 - 1M
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Thanks, Cath! Going off to play now!

One more.. gosh I am addicted to DS again hahaha

when you change the white point under Tone mapping to reddish, all red color from renders will be removed depends of the red intensity so as in this example the rust turn gray.. the same go for other colors .. you can reduce it to your taste and mood .. ... glow was iray bloom filter and saturation reduced , and used couple of the green shaders on the full model  ..

Nice to have you on board 

Thanks, Cath! Going off to play now!

alienation2.png
    848 x 1200 - 2M
    MEC4D said:

Here one more for inspiration .. Happy Buddha got green .. used ABS plastic ( 3D printing plastic ) and mossy stones

@TesseractSpace the light on the dragon looks nice, the only thing maybe the scale on the main stone is too low, when you see the small dots it mean you need to scale up the texture ( you may redone it if you like ).. but overall creative scene , and btw I am not going to judge the entries ..

Noticed a few other things I wanted to fix and gave up on the godrays for now. SSS takes a bit too long for my liking. Here's the redone version.

idolgrab2.png
    775 x 894 - 759K

So much betted already ..good fix  ( Watch behind you girl ..Indiana is ready to snap it lol ) .. sometimes you can reduce the angles of the spot to have direct effect just on the spot and use extra ambient light for the rest of the scene , what I did before I used just a cone with SSS for the spot light and HDRI for the rest of the ambient light..it was faster and the effect interesting 

MEC4D said:

Noticed a few other things I wanted to fix and gave up on the godrays for now. SSS takes a bit too long for my liking. Here's the redone version.

MEC4D said:

So much betted already ..good fix  ( Watch behind you girl ..Indiana is ready to snap it lol ) .. sometimes you can reduce the angles of the spot to have direct effect just on the spot and use extra ambient light for the rest of the scene , what I did before I used just a cone with SSS for the spot light and HDRI for the rest of the ambient light..it was faster and the effect interesting 

MEC4D said:

heh, if I weren't pushing the limits of my VRAM as it is, I'd think about adding something behind her...  Maybe let it go on CPU all night.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

One render per person?

• Thanks for the shaders, Cath!

Here's my contribution:

I think I used every shader except alien skin, but I could be wrong. Didn't let this render as long as I should have and that's the reason for some of the blurriness around her face. Overall, I love these shaders and can't wait for the full package! :)

No limits ..  

One render per person?

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    edited March 2016

'A rapturous reception greets the long-awaited launch of this season's hottest new shaders, featuring ABS Plastic Green, Jeans Green, Leather Worn Green, Plastic Bag Green and Polymer Olive Green...'

catwalk_model.jpg
    800 x 800 - 209K
    Post edited by BlueIrene on

I see even a plastic bag hahaha it made me giggle .. I hope she got some green beer for after party .. with Iray shaders it work like that, how longer it render how more details.. normal maps usually kick on the end .. but nice conept and I want this chair for my garden !  it give me inspiration for another render before late dinner ;)  I was working on the St.Pat's shaders all night so you have it for today ..keep it as they will be not included in any vol soon .. it is special for today

Thanks for the shaders, Cath!

Here's my contribution:

I think I used every shader except alien skin, but I could be wrong. Didn't let this render as long as I should have and that's the reason for some of the blurriness around her face. Overall, I love these shaders and can't wait for the full package! :)

Giggle again (the subtitle ).. good presentation  !  and very Art - Eco 

'A rapturous reception greets the long-awaited launch of this season's hottest new shaders, featuring ABS Plastic Green, Jeans Green, Leather Worn Green, Plastic Bag Green and Polymer Olive Green...'

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited March 2016

First thanks for the shaders they are GREAT!

Cool images everyone!

I used metal from your volume 1 (can't wait for vol 2) and mossy stone, polymer olive green and old car aba green.

clover quest3.jpg
    494 x 800 - 387K
    Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
    edited March 2016

That's cute Tulipe ..

here another one lol simple scene, plane behind with mossy stone plane front with alpha , cube , sphere , alien , old car shader and one spot light  with  a volumetric  cone .. to save rendering time ..just idea I was talking about to TesseractSpace 

alienation3-beenscene.jpg
    729 x 950 - 100K
    alienation3-been.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 430K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • MEC4D said:

I see even a plastic bag hahaha it made me giggle .. I hope she got some green beer for after party .. with Iray shaders it work like that, how longer it render how more details.. normal maps usually kick on the end .. but nice conept and I want this chair for my garden !  it give me inspiration for another render before late dinner ;)  I was working on the St.Pat's shaders all night so you have it for today ..keep it as they will be not included in any vol soon .. it is special for today

Thanks for the shaders, Cath!

Here's my contribution:

Thanks! That throne comes from DM's Arcum, which is just one of many sets I look forward to texturing with PBR vol 2.

edited March 2016
    MEC4D said:

That's cute Tulipe ..

here another one lol simple scene, plane behind with mossy stone plane front with alpha , cube , sphere , alien , old car shader and one spot light  with  a volumetric  cone .. to save rendering time ..just idea I was talking about to TesseractSpace 

Rendering scene again with the volumetric cone. And a nasty surprise for my adventurous explorer... devil last redo of this image, I promise. smiley

Lets see, Porcelain Jade, Mossy Stone, Dirty Cotton Green, Tarpauline Dark Green, Old Car Aba Green (teeth, horns and claws of monster), Plastic Bag Green (monster's inner mouth, refraction turned off...)

idolgrab3.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Post edited by TesseractSpace on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited March 2016

Here Goes...

After weeks of toiling in the Daz Dungeon, MEC4D declared Volume 2 ready to release. She held her breath and prepared to press the red release button.

(I used all the shaders, I think.)

Mec4D Releases Volume 2.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 1M
    Post edited by barbult on

Very cool.  I love the addition of the little mouse.  He looks like the only thing that didn't get hit with one of the shaders.  surprise

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

Very cool.  I love the addition of the little mouse.  He looks like the only thing that didn't get hit with one of the shaders.  surprise

I think you are right. laugh

Hahahaha good one @Barbult cheeky yeah! they better release it soon as new stuff is waiting 

btw here is a little promo of the Merchant resource pack "Pure Metals" over 250 new Metal shaders .. I finally cracked the codes for making the circular brushed shader , it is very cool and dimensional however it is actually no diffuse but pure reflection shader that reflect the environment and light in circular brushed way creating cool illusion 

Mec4d_PBS_shaders_pure_metals_merchant_resource_daz3d_promo_03.jpg
    1914 x 984 - 918K

That looks really nice!

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

Oh dear, I don't think I stand much chance of winning anything with my render blushcrying

edited March 2016

Thanks, look the image below, no textures, normal bump maps or displacement maps on the dress , only reflection shader  .. cool ? I see a lot of possibilities here 

That looks really nice!

dress-reflecrions.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 769K
    Post edited by MEC4D on

Why so negative .. you used the shaders well plus you have still time to Sunday to trow something else if you don't like what you did  .. but I like 

Wilmap said:

Oh dear, I don't think I stand much chance of winning anything with my render blushcrying

I believe I'll have to withdraw. A situation has developed and I may not be doing 3d stuff for a considerable time. :( Wouldn't be right if I won a spot that could go to someone able to use the prize. (on the off chance I'd win that is, there's some really good entries so far and days to go.)  My entries can be disregarded and I'll remove them from the thread if you wish.

Oh really ? sorry to hear about .. no you don't have to remove anything , I was off for long time last year too.. but I hope you xontinue soon again ! best wishes 

I believe I'll have to withdraw. A situation has developed and I may not be doing 3d stuff for a considerable time. :( Wouldn't be right if I won a spot that could go to someone able to use the prize. (on the off chance I'd win that is, there's some really good entries so far and days to go.)  My entries can be disregarded and I'll remove them from the thread if you wish.

Yeah, selling off my hardware to deal with sudden medical emergency is not what I'd planned on, but such is life. Hopefully will be able to get the shaders when my situation is stable again. :)