MEC4D PBS shaders vol.2 -Released- [Commercial]

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

@chrbau2001 you will have a lot of fun with vol.2 I promise  

Looking forward for it, i own the first package and its fantastic.

Yes it is .. avaiting release date for vol.2  when I get the release date exactly I will post some stuff about  How to do things  with some of the shaders like Wet Clothing .. as you can actually add the shader to any clothing not just the one from the pack , and Wet sand is just PBR wet sand , I have also Wet and Dry other surfaces totally 453 presets to use in the pack

I haven't checked here in a little bit so forgive me if I bring up old stuff like.....Wet Sand?!?  Wet Clothes?!?  It's already been submitted to QA?!!?  Here, let me just open up my bank account to you Mec!! LOL.  Very much looking forward to this as well!

• MEC4D said:

Yes it is .. avaiting release date for vol.2  when I get the release date exactly I will post some stuff about  How to do things  with some of the shaders like Wet Clothing .. as you can actually add the shader to any clothing not just the one from the pack , and Wet sand is just PBR wet sand , I have also Wet and Dry other surfaces totally 453 presets to use in the pack

I haven't checked here in a little bit so forgive me if I bring up old stuff like.....Wet Sand?!?  Wet Clothes?!?  It's already been submitted to QA?!!?  Here, let me just open up my bank account to you Mec!! LOL.  Very much looking forward to this as well!

Sounds great!  Now that I know it's in the "waiting for approval" stage I'll have to make sure I check the forums more often.  This was already an instant buy from the previous posts and samples you've shown but a few weeks ago I did a beach scene with DA's new Tropical Beach (I think that's the name) and was trying to figure out a way to make the character's swimsuit just have that wet look to it since she already had the Wet Body geoshell applied but I couldn't figure anything out so this will be perfect for future beach or pool scenes.  Same with wet & dry other surfaces too.

The wet clothing simulate actually the fabric to look darker and shiny and lighter colors will be semi opaque , swim suits usually do not get semi opaque when wet other way nobody will use them on the beach , but if you use dress or t-shirt in combination then it is another story lol   PBR materials should simulate the surface as in reality .. so black t-shirt will look wet but you can't see the skin or other clothing bellow it 

MEC4D said:

Sounds great!  Now that I know it's in the "waiting for approval" stage I'll have to make sure I check the forums more often.  This was already an instant buy from the previous posts and samples you've shown but a few weeks ago I did a beach scene with DA's new Tropical Beach (I think that's the name) and was trying to figure out a way to make the character's swimsuit just have that wet look to it since she already had the Wet Body geoshell applied but I couldn't figure anything out so this will be perfect for future beach or pool scenes.  Same with wet & dry other surfaces too.

Here is one promo quick render by Internal Beta Tester Alex LO using all vol.2 shaders replacing all surfaces in the old apartment scene set straight from the box ( beside the dude ) and lit only by my outdoor HDR map

simple and easy , possibilities are endless of course and very easy to use

Mec4d_PBS_shaders_for_iray_vol2_daz3d_promo_28.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 525K

Here one of the plastic bag/sheets shader from vol.2 .. no-volumetric, no-sss no-opacity no-back scattering ..simple fast rendering with PBR materials

plastic shader vol2.jpg
    1658 x 1080 - 626K
  • Are your HDRI environments for sale or are you planning to make some for sale? Because they would be insta-buys for me, especially any meadow-type scene with hills/trees in the distance.

Also, I'm looking forward to your PBR wood shaders - will there be "rotated" versions (horizontal and vertical) of each one? I ask because for some of the shaders I already have, the wood grain loads in only one direction and I have to go into photoshop to rotate diffuse, bump, normal, etc. manually (Unless there's some way to do that within Studio? I've searched for that info and never found it..) tx

M.

MEC4D said:

Here is one promo quick render by Internal Beta Tester Alex LO using all vol.2 shaders replacing all surfaces in the old apartment scene set straight from the box ( beside the dude ) and lit only by my outdoor HDR map

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,121

Are your HDRI environments for sale or are you planning to make some for sale? Because they would be insta-buys for me, especially any meadow-type scene with hills/trees in the distance.

Also, I'm looking forward to your PBR wood shaders - will there be "rotated" versions (horizontal and vertical) of each one? I ask because for some of the shaders I already have, the wood grain loads in only one direction and I have to go into photoshop to rotate diffuse, bump, normal, etc. manually (Unless there's some way to do that within Studio? I've searched for that info and never found it..) tx

M.

MEC4D said:

You can rotate image maps in DS with the Layered Image Editor.

• FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 249
    MEC4D said:

Here one of the plastic bag/sheets shader from vol.2 .. no-volumetric, no-sss no-opacity no-back scattering ..simple fast rendering with PBR materials

These are looking better and better each time you give a sneak peak!!!
    Another instant buy for me.

• I should have known that. cheeky  But it would still require opening LIE and rotating diffuse, bump, normal, etc. separately, right? 

barbult said:

I should have known that. cheeky  But it would still require opening LIE and rotating diffuse, bump, normal, etc. separately, right? 

barbult said:

Right

edited March 2016

Not yet Melissa , I am waiting for end April with it as I need to shot more for the packs and waiting for the spring to arrive so I can go into mountains water falls and beautiful places .. also one pack will be Chinese HDR theme ..

The rotation is under Image editor, but you need to adjust each map separately , my wood set vol.3 will have 2 rotations using the same way .. but ready to use already  

Are your HDRI environments for sale or are you planning to make some for sale? Because they would be insta-buys for me, especially any meadow-type scene with hills/trees in the distance.

M.

MEC4D said:

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • Yay! Can't wait. Thanks, Cath. You rock. 

MEC4D said:

Not yet Melissa , I am waiting for end April with it as I need to shot more for the packs and waiting for the spring to arrive so I can go into mountains water falls and beautiful places .. also one pack will be Chinese HDR theme ..

The rotation is under Image editor, but you need to adjust each map separately , my wood set vol.3 will have 2 rotations using the same way .. but ready to use already  

Here are couple of tests I made before with the materials from vol.2 on my old Darkon set for G2M and 3DL..  just the shaders on without original normal or textures

Used Leather, tarnished metals and burlaps 

mat-test4.jpg
    1548 x 1080 - 349K
    mat-test3.jpg
    1548 x 1080 - 772K
    mat-test2.jpg
    1548 x 1080 - 488K
    mat-test1.jpg
    1548 x 1080 - 638K
    mat-tes4.jpg
    1548 x 1080 - 333K
  • AlexLOAlexLO Posts: 193
    MEC4D said:

You're going to love this volume, trust me folks! You can breathe so much new life into your props, clothing & set pieces, especially the "vintage" ones like I did with good old "Apartment 39" LOL 

Mec4d_PBS_shaders_for_iray_vol2_daz3d_promo_28.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 206K
  • TesseractSpaceTesseractSpace Posts: 1,153
    MEC4D said:

Here are couple of tests I made before with the materials from vol.2 on my old Darkon set for G2M and 3DL..  just the shaders on without original normal or textures

Used Leather, tarnished metals and burlaps 

Very nice. And now I wish I'd grabbed Darkon when I grabbed Hercules... Ah well, next time. 

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited March 2016
    AlexLO said:
    MEC4D said:

You're going to love this volume, trust me folks! You can breathe so much new life into your props, clothing & set pieces, especially the "vintage" ones like I did with good old "Apartment 39" LOL 

Dang...a lot better than running down to Home Depot for paint and wall paper.  When is the 'home decor' pack going to come out so I can do the same for my office?

Post edited by mjc1016 on

I wish it was so easy with the real home decor .. well we all awaiting  the release ...  I have no patience anymore lol in main time working on the rest of the stuff so be prepared for more goodies ..

mjc1016 said:
    AlexLO said:
    MEC4D said:

Dang...a lot better than running down to Home Depot for paint and wall paper.  When is the 'home decor' pack going to come out so I can do the same for my office?

edited March 2016

Happy St.Pat everyone !

well for today I have for you a little gift and a render contest !

bellow you will find 16 green based PBR shaders for Iray

Download  ( only today ) and put into your My Library .. render artwork with at last 3 shaders used from this little collection ...any technique is allowed including postwork

DOWNLOAD 

The First Best creative render win Vol.2 and Vol.3 ( after release)

The Second - Vol.2

The Third -Vol.3

You have time to create the render until Sunday midnight .

May the luck of the Irish be with you !.... he he

stpat-contest.jpg
    960 x 540 - 434K
    Post edited by MEC4D on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

Wow, thanks for the freebie, Cath :)

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715

I thought you had used your wood shaders on your Darkon dude until I zoomed in. That would have still looked cool!! You are the queen of leather though! (That sounds wrong O_o) 

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

You have a big heart, Cath. Thanks for the freebie, it will take the edge off of the wait for the main event :)

I hope you have a great St Patrick's day!

Very nice! Got my render going now. :)

• Thank you very much for these and for the contest!

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Well, here's a quick entry from me. Shaders used: Mossy Stone, Old Car ABA Green, Leather Worn, Plastic Bag, Polymer Olive Green, ABS Plastic.

Study in Green for Mec4D.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 194K

Thank you. It is always fun to have new toys to play with.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,130

Thank you for the St Pat's freebie - will have to try this out asap!

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

Thanks for the freebie.

A render from me. Used Old Car Ala Green, Concrete Painted Green, Mossy Stone, Old Car Rusted Paint Green.

St patricks Day Render.jpg
    1155 x 892 - 727K
    edited March 2016

Here's my entry. :)

Used: Porcelain Jade, Dirty Cotton Green, Tarpauline Dark Green, and a whole lot of Mossy Stone. Also the hair shader from Unshaven 2, and some metal and plastic from Volume 1. :)

(Had used the jeans and leather but the camera viewpoint ended up not showing her lower body so can't really count them.)

idolgrab.png
    750 x 866 - 838K
    Post edited by TesseractSpace on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Oh I have got to make time do this!  and thank you!