The I Wanted Mousse But Got A Moose Instead Complaint Thread.

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

dunno how to port my ds4.6 layout to new compy with ds 4.8  sad jaderail helped me with 4.6

still haz to try the pirate cove in carrara

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    MistyMist said:

dunno how to port my ds4.6 layout to new compy with ds 4.8  sad jaderail helped me with 4.6

still haz to try the pirate cove in carrara

Copy over C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\user layouts

Start DS and load the desired layout, then run the Update and Merge Menus script so you don't lose any new features.

thanks. scripts make painless

got my inspiration for aiko cats girl band.

they even in the t-pose

that old song who's crying now is running in my head,

but singing whos meowwing now

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    MistyMist said:

shazam 

capt marvel mixing romans and greek

And Hebrew.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited February 2016

...wet stuff decided to move in earlier today, was supposed to just be overcast then start tomorrow.   Radar map's been green all afternoon and evening. At least not bone chilling cold.

Weather casters lead such a charmed life. Be wrong most of the time and not worry about getting sacked. My last job if you made any kind of mistake that was noticed, you were written up, and depending on which side of the bed management got up on that morning, possibly a stern dressing down (often in front of your co-workers) as well.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

TGIF happened on Saturday complaint. Tough week at the office complaint, needing to light candles to patron saint of ups and downs. End of summer complaint, I see two yellow leaves amongst glossy green on our pear tree. Meh brain death complaint. Many complaints complaint :)

MistyMist said:

shazam 

Initials don't grow on trees

nooooooooooooooooooo

kyoto kid said:
    Serpent said:
    kyoto kid said:
    riftwitch said:
    MistyMist said:

woes haz to prune the cart >.<

this looks kewl, cant afford it though.  antique harpsichord vst

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KBXIYU4

Have you checked out this one? I don't know how it sounds, but it's $70.00 cheaper. http://sonivoxmi.com/products/details/harpsichord#overview

....compared to this both of those are a bargain.

http://www.audiodawg.com/milan-digital-notre-dame-de-metz-cavaille-coll/

HOLY MOOSE ON A PLATE!!!!! indecisionsurprise

No WAY would I pay that much for a virtual instrument!!!!! frown

...the differnce is that instruments sampled are effectively priceless century old works of art that, unless you graduated from say Julliard or Eastman and were a recognised concert organist with a good booking agency, you would have no hope of even touching the keybaords with the organ turned off.

Part of the reason for the high price of the instrument module and base programme (which included a number of sampled organs including a lovely 18th century German baroque organ I have actually heard in RL) is that they sampled it note by note, pipe by pipe, and the programme effectively "recreates" the actual instrument as if it were in your home (with the ambience and delay of the cathedral/hall it is in).  The full base setup (core programme + Notre Dame de Metz organ, + console and computer box) would be about half half the price of a "dedicated" digital organ from say Rodgers or Allen of the same size (3 keybaords, pedal and 35 - 50 preset stops). Those begin at around 25,000$ and go up from there..

Yeah, still a lottery to be sure,

Here is the sound of one of the sampled baroque organs (1730 H. G. Trost Orgel Stadtkirche Waltershausen/Thüringen Germany).

Here is a performance on the Cavaille Coll Notre Dame de Metz instrument of 1903. (this is the base console that costs 7,500$ the upper one, probably more as it is more ornate and has a fourth keyboard).

No Allen or Rodgers digital instrument will sound this authentic.

..and the cool thing, I can play either isntrument (or any one of how many I have) from the same console.

They sound awesome, as if they were built for pleasure :)

...I light a candle to the patron of UPS whenever I order something online.

edited February 2016

crappy beer.png
    606 x 634 - 391K
    edited February 2016
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Serpent said:
    kyoto kid said:
    riftwitch said:
    MistyMist said:

Have you checked out this one? I don't know how it sounds, but it's $70.00 cheaper. http://sonivoxmi.com/products/details/harpsichord#overview

...the differnce is that instruments sampled are effectively priceless century old works of art that, unless you graduated from say Julliard or Eastman and were a recognised concert organist with a good booking agency, you would have no hope of even touching the keybaords with the organ turned off.

Part of the reason for the high price of the instrument module and base programme (which included a number of sampled organs including a lovely 18th century German baroque organ I have actually heard in RL) is that they sampled it note by note, pipe by pipe, and the programme effectively "recreates" the actual instrument as if it were in your home (with the ambience and delay of the cathedral/hall it is in).  The full base setup (core programme + Notre Dame de Metz organ, + console and computer box) would be about half half the price of a "dedicated" digital organ from say Rodgers or Allen of the same size (3 keybaords, pedal and 35 - 50 preset stops). Those begin at around 25,000$ and go up from there..

Here is the sound of one of the sampled baroque organs (1730 H. G. Trost Orgel Stadtkirche Waltershausen/Thüringen Germany).

Here is a performance on the Cavaille Coll Notre Dame de Metz instrument of 1903. (this is the base console that costs 7,500$ the upper one, probably more as it is more ornate and has a fourth keyboard).

..and the cool thing, I can play either isntrument (or any one of how many I have) from the same console.

...yeah would love to have one. Gotta win the Megabucks first (so I can also get a place to play it without disturbing the neighbours).

Would be cool if they sampled that instrument you have down there in Melbourne.

MistyMist said:

shazam 

I beg to differ.

kyoto kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Serpent said:
    kyoto kid said:
    riftwitch said:
    MistyMist said:

...yeah would love to have one. Gotta win the Megabucks first (so I can also get a place to play it without disturbing the neighbours).

Would be cool if they sampled that instrument you have down there in Melbourne.

That one sounds great but it should get moved to its own auditorium, the new concert hall is much bigger and they dont do much music at the town hall any more :)

...probably would be for the better as a larger hall would have more delay which would suit this instrument well.

Here's an interesting performance I found:

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,700

Having a roommate is a pain.  She accused me of putting words into her mouth after telling me what to do

• Having a roommate is a pain.  She accused me of putting words into her mouth after telling me what to do

Bullies are often very hollow people full of pressure.  It usually only takes a small poke in the right place at the right time for them to safely deflate.  Observe, take notes and be patient, you don't want them to explode.

i shouldn't the render node computer close, will warm each other?

complaint - every desk + shelf configuration i try is a couple inches shy of fitting. gahhh

what an eyesore i haz goin here, wahhh

been fussin with the room since 5 am

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,172
    edited February 2016
    MistyMist said:

complaint - every desk + shelf configuration i try is a couple inches shy of fitting. gahhh

"i shouldn't the render node computer close, will warm each other?"  Huh??????  Perhaps it's time for some sleep? enlightened

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    MistyMist said:

"i shouldn't the render node computer close, will warm each other?"  Huh??????  Perhaps it's time for some sleep? enlightened

kerthunk*

owww doh

i meant was a bad idea to put them snuggly close, hot airs comin from their vents.

asus made a desktop gadger can see cpu temp, cpu fan speed, etc

no tutorials tnite, wouldnt retain anything 

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

I received my new debit card.  I am having issues with it even though I activated it.  The card works on one online store but not another store.  Hmm.  I should buy something cheap from the Daz store to see if the card works.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    Tjohn said:
    MistyMist said:

shazam 

I beg to differ.

laugh

Dana

MistyMist said:

Are those baby emus?

My Bluetooth headset has died on me and I cannot recharge it anymore

edited February 2016

Good Morning!

Bah-om-shooby-do-wah!

Post edited by TJohn on
    edited February 2016

Where did evabody go? Bored...

Post edited by TJohn on
    Tjohn said:

Where did evabody go? Bored...

Cat nap?

Has anyone seen the Good Dinosaur?

Morning. Day out of time iz appropriately grey and overcast so far, not ure that the sun knows it is an extra February day this year :)

This discussion has been closed.