LAMH PLAYER: Open Beta... Renders and Discussions Thread. 1.5.13 UPDATE READY!

123457»

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

I just downloaded and Installed the free player through the DIM Manager, however how do I access it through Daz Studio 4.8?

its activated in plugins however I see no way to actually navigate to the actual thing.

help

The player can be accessed via Window->Panes (Tabs)->Look at my Hair or via Create->Attach 'Look at my Hair' Object.

Kendall

this is what i'm seeing, even going through "window-panes-tabs" does nothing for me

Please post individual screenshots...the 'compiled' image is too hard to read.

• >.<

Untitled.jpg
    1925 x 1077 - 315K
    Untitled1.jpg
    1932 x 1077 - 287K
    Untitled2.jpg
    1925 x 1075 - 298K
  • >.<

Your wolf already has a LAMH preset on it.  That's why the 2nd won't apply.  The green lines indicate that the LAMH preset is active.

Kendall

• >.<

>.<

Your wolf already has a LAMH preset on it.  That's why the 2nd won't apply.  The green lines indicate that the LAMH preset is active.

Kendall

thats why i asked if there was a way to navigate to the player...

that is all i het

>.<

Kendall

thats why i asked if there was a way to navigate to the player it'self....i see no way to edit anything and when i do a test render, nothing but the default mat of the wolf is visable

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Are you rendering in 3Delight or Iray?

• Are you rendering in 3Delight or Iray?

iray

• >.<

>.<

Kendall

thats why i asked if there was a way to navigate to the player...

that is all i het

>.<

Kendall

thats why i asked if there was a way to navigate to the player it'self....i see no way to edit anything and when i do a test render, nothing but the default mat of the wolf is visable

The player pane should be available via the Menus that I specified.  Does the "Look at my Hair" option appear in the upper Panes Menu?  Once in the pane there are changes that can be made.  You can also change the textures and such via the standard surfaces pane.

Kendall

Currently the LAMH hair will only work in 3delight; for Iray you would need to export as .obj (I don't recall if you need the full plugin for that function).

• Are you rendering in 3Delight or Iray?

iray

The Free Player does not support Iray.  Only 3Delight.  Only the full LAMH supports Iray.

Kendall

• Currently the LAMH hair will only work in 3delight; for Iray you would need to export as .obj (I don't recall if you need the full plugin for that function).

Incorrect.  LAMH Hair, the FiberHair option, will work perfectly fine with Iray.  However, LAMH FiberHair creation is only available via the full version.

Kendall

• ahh, then thats my problem :/

• SimonWMSimonWM Posts: 924
    edited February 2016

I'm having a problem where create LAMH object doesn't brings anything into Look at my Hair 1.5.15. Running DAZ Studio 4.8.0.59  I also can't get LAMH to display in DIM, not using the name or sku number. Had to download it from my product library.

Post edited by SimonWM on
  • SimonWM said:

I'm having a problem where create LAMH object doesn't brings anything into Look at my Hair 1.5.15. Running DAZ Studio 4.8.0.59

I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but you need to load and select a figure or an object in DS, and then click 'Create new LAMH object' to have it showing in the LAMH UI.

• SimonWM said:

I'm having a problem where create LAMH object doesn't brings anything into Look at my Hair 1.5.15. Running DAZ Studio 4.8.0.59

I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but you need to load and select a figure or an object in DS, and then click 'Create new LAMH object' to have it showing in the LAMH UI.

I'm not sure whats going on but i'm just going to give up. I have selected figures in DS.. however in the create menu all I have associated with LAMH is "attach look at my hair preset" and nothing else.

Installed plugins shows that LAMH is active and in the window-panes menu is clearly shows LAMH but it doesnt do anything when I click it. furthermore when I right click next to any active pain there is an option to "add" the LAMH pane but that doesnt work either.

I have tried loading different figures and now have almost every preset from furrythings thinking that if I attach the related preset to the character that would help...however no matter what I try I never see that nifty little pane that everyone else gets to use when editing the hair.

meh..oh well

Do you have the full plugin or the free player?

• Do you have the full plugin or the free player?

the free player, uninstalled and reinstalled 3 timed using the DIM and manual install each 

The free player can only attach existing presets, to create your own you need the full plugin.

• The free player can only attach existing presets, to create your own you need the full plugin.

again..I have downloaded presets..and figures coorilated with those specific presets...still nothing, when rendering through 3Delight none of the "attached preset hair" shows

• The free player can only attach existing presets, to create your own you need the full plugin.

again..I have downloaded presets..and figures coorilated with those specific presets...still nothing, when rendering through 3Delight none of the "attached preset hair" shows

May I ask which LAMH figure are you trying to use? Usually, you just need to go to the Content Library, browse a LAMH based figure, double-click and the item will load. After loading, the DS viewport will show the model with some green hair. From there, you can set 3Delight as standard renderer, and render. This is the workflow: if you get no visible hair when you render, please check again that the renderer is 3Delight and not Iray; also, try to reset render settings to default, directly from the render settings pane.
    If all this fail and you want me to help fixing the issue, please contact me at [email protected]
    I will need the log files for both LAMH and DS to understand what's going on.

• Thom3DThom3D Posts: 8

After downloading LAMH for Big Cats 2 a couple days ago and reading this thread i was able to render a nice tiger in a jungle setting. The mention of 3Delight as render engine in the product page could have saved any reading on my part. I've been rendering nearly exclusively with the iRay engine as i have all the goodies in my maxed out PC to make quick work of it... the first render w/3Delight set was the tiger. Now i'm going to have to do some homework on the whys of the two render engines and open up my tool box.

Thom

Jameelah and LAHM Tiger 3dLight render.png
    1080 x 1080 - 2M
  • FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    edited April 2017

So I did a white tiger test with iray and the Free Player and it looks pretty good. But how do I get white hair and not gray hair as seen below?

I see that there are some options to change the color of hair before creating the OBJ in the LAMH pane, and I selected white blonde as the preset, but it didn't seem to make a difference.

white tiger test 1.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by FrankTheTank on
  • Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995

Do not export the preset until ready to render for iray.  Once exported, the geometry is not posable.

Hair/fur colors can be changed before export via the LAMH Pane, or after export via normal shaders.

The Iray Uber shader is recommended for use in the Iray engine.  Uber is not necessary if using 3Delight.

Kendall

I applied the Iray Uber shader to the hair. Then applied the UHT snow white hair shader to the hair. But that made things worse. There's got to be a way to render a white tiger in Iray.

white tiger test 3 - UHT shader.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • DSDT said:

I applied the Iray Uber shader to the hair. Then applied the UHT snow white hair shader to the hair. But that made things worse. There's got to be a way to render a white tiger in Iray.

Try applying the Uber Iray Shader and maybe enable Emissive with a white color, and play with values. Shouldn't be too hard.

Ok, I figured it out. Thanks!