DAZ Studio 4.5 - Fix Duplicate IDs script

Comments

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the heads up will get an update out at Rendo. Never encountered that error. Any idea what causes it on file creation?

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Was the Gwenyth.dsf morph created by GenX? Or Studio itself? Just grasping at straws here.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

DS 4.5. and later shouldn't create duplicate IDs, but older versions didn't enforce uniqueness (or even valid IDs at all judging by some content I saw when writing the script).

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Seems I've run into two Dup ID's, probably this past update (DIM yesterday had about 30 Genesis products that had updates available.

The two that are giving me grief are high lighted in the image below....

DupID-FlirtingMaculine-PHM-LR.jpg
    468 x 162 - 27K
    edited December 1969

Those will give you duplicate formula errors, but they should have been doing so all along in 4.5 (and later 4.1, as I recall). They are the old files from the Genesis Evolution Expressions, which won't be overwritten by the new versions. If you had an update for that set and it reintroduced the bad files then that needs reporting.

edited December 1969

Hi Richard.

Thanks for the reply.

So then all 4 of those files as well as the Feminine files can be deleted or just the PHM's and leave the CTRL's intact??

I'm at work right now so can't send in a report at this time...

edited December 1969

I'm pretty sure you can remove the whole folder, the updated Genesis Evolution Expressions are elsewhere.

edited December 1969

Hmm, OK... I'll have a looksee when I get home tonight

Thanks Richard! :-)

• WildlyfeWildlyfe Posts: 92
    edited December 1969

I am just having trouble loading the Genesis figure, but I have updated everything.

Duplicate id "FawneEars" found in file "/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/Silver/Fawne/FawneEars.dsf" Fawn ears I think I can take care of the duplicate ID, but I also get a bunch of Evolution morph errors. Some of the characters requiring the Evolution morphs are working either.

example:

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5169): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMSnarlLeft.dsf#PHMSnarlLeft?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 5/MCMV5SnarlLeft.dsf

WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5169): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Evolution/PHMSnarlLeft.dsf#PHMSnarlLeft?value in file : /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Victoria 5/MCMV5HdSnarlLeft.dsf

Any idea on how to get rid of these? I have tried re-installing the latest versions of the Evolution Morphs.

edited December 1969

My script wasn't written to handle morphs, I'm afraid, so it won't help with the Fawne ears.

The other messages are harmless - it just means you don't have the Genesis Evolution expressions, so the link to the correction morph for V5 (a morph that kicks in if both V5 and the expression are set, to deal with what would otherwise be a problem area) isn't being made. Since the connection isn't made, the unneeded morph won't do anything - you can ignore messages like that.

• WildlyfeWildlyfe Posts: 92
    edited December 1969

Thanks for letting me know. Now I won't worry about those. Not sure how to deal with the Fawne ears, but I will see if I can figure it out.

• Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    Edit the Gwenyth.dsf file. At the very end of the file, change the "id" from "Gwenyth" to "Gwenyth_0".

Bless you, cwichura - I just found this post and was able to correct my Genesis Duplicate IDs! Thank you for posting the solution!!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,641
    edited December 1969

Does this script still work in the latest version of DS 4.6? I have a couple of items that still have duplicate ids, installed through DIM so should be OK, but they aren't. Anyway, I ran script on them 2 or 3 times. The little hourglass ran like it was working, but still have the message when I try to load. MFD Train Exp 2 is one of them. Everything else in that package is OK.

edited February 2014

Is that supplied as a .dsf or a .duf file? I haven't had occasion to use the script for a while now so I don't know if there's a breakage - but it had a few cases where it failed anyway, because of an unusual set up of the content, and that may be what you are seeing here. Check the log to see what the issue is - it should tell you the actual ID that is duplicated there.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • ecoleenaecoleena Posts: 85
    edited March 2014

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Richard Haseltine and static drifter !!
    Thanks to this script i just could fix a prop !

Best Regards !

(daz 4.5 - hair of renderosity)

Many thanks for the other advices, too !

Post edited by ecoleena on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,641
    edited December 1969

Is that supplied as a .dsf or a .duf file? I haven't had occasion to use the script for a while now so I don't know if there's a breakage - but it had a few cases where it failed anyway, because of an unusual set up of the content, and that may be what you are seeing here. Check the log to see what the issue is - it should tell you the actual ID that is duplicated there.

I finally got around to doing this, but it doesn't help me to fix the files. Here is what the log said about C3DTShirt.dsf.

WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 4 unknown for QWidget)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 1 unknown for QWidget)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 10 unknown for QWidget)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 1 unknown for QWidget)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 4 unknown for QWidget)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 10 unknown for QWidget)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 7 unknown for QWidget)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 3 unknown for DzActionMgr)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 2 unknown for DzActionMgr)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 3 unknown for DzActionMgr)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 4 unknown for DzActionMgr)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 5 unknown for DzActionMgr)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 6 unknown for DzActionMgr)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 7 unknown for DzActionMgr)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 8 unknown for DzActionMgr)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 12 unknown for QWidget)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 12 unknown for QWidget)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 3 unknown for QWidget)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 18 unknown for QWidget)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 3 unknown for QWidget)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 13 unknown for QWidget)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 20 unknown for QWidget)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 20 unknown for QWidget)
    WARNING: QAccessibleWidget::rect: This implementation does not support subelements! (ID 13 unknown for QWidget)
    Duplicate id "TShirt" found in file "/data/Cute3D/SportsTime/C3DTShirt/TShirt.dsf"
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5398): Unsupported formula: /data/Cute3D/SportsTime/C3DTShirt/TShirt.dsf#TShirt
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5217): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/general in file : /data/Cute3D/SportsTime/C3DTShirt/TShirt.dsf#TShirt
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5398): Unsupported formula: /data/Cute3D/SportsTime/C3DTShirt/TShirt.dsf#TShirt
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5217): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/x in file : /data/Cute3D/SportsTime/C3DTShirt/TShirt.dsf#TShirt
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5217): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/y in file : /data/Cute3D/SportsTime/C3DTShirt/TShirt.dsf#TShirt
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5217): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/z in file : /data/Cute3D/SportsTime/C3DTShirt/TShirt.dsf#TShirt
    File loaded in 0 min 2.4 sec.
    Loaded file: C3DTShirt.dsf
    Loaded image C3DTShirtR.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Lucinda/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/textures/Cute3D/SportsTime/C3DTShirtR.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Lucinda/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/textures/Cute3D/SportsTime/C3DSTShirtB.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Lucinda/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/textures/Cute3D/SportsTime/C3DSZipB.jpg
    Ran tdlmake on image C:/Users/Lucinda/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime/textures/Cute3D/SportsTime/C3DSportsB.jpg

The other bad one is TrainExp2.dsf

Do I report these on a ticket to tech support or what?

edited December 1969

loreleen: glad to help

Luci45: yes, please open a support ticket.

• Lord DarkwolfLord Darkwolf Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

http://www.4shared.com/zip/oY0vbkJk/Fix_Duplicate_IDs.html

http://rhaseltine.ovbi.org/Fix_Duplicate_IDs.zip

Thanks to Kendall Sears for providing hsoting that doesn't require users to have an account, as 4Shared now does.

This script will (usually) fix files that throw the Duplicate IDs error in DAZ Studio 4.5. I have found one that didn't get fixed, which had a very odd structure, and another couple of items had errors that stopped it from working but it worked on everything else I tried. You should note, however, that many files at DAZ have already had the fix applied (or have been fixed manually) so you may want to reset your downloads on those.

It's simple to use - I'd make it a custom action, or open it with File>Merge, while viewing the folder with the content in the Content Library pane - that way the file selector will open in the right place. Select one or more files in the folder, click Accept, and it will do its thing. Don't go looking for files in the \data folder - the script expects to be given user files, usually in \People\Genesis\some folder, and will then find the data files from there. The script creates a .bak file for each file it edits - one in the library folder, one in the \daat folder, so that you can go back if it fails. If you do a lot of conversions and they are working you might want to use the OS search to find and remove the .bak files.

awesome script dude fixed it in licky split time

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited December 1969

The problem that the log file identified is in a dsf file in the data directory, but the user file is a duf, so it doesn't show up in drop down for the script. Of course, I had to try to run the script against the dsf file and like you said, it doesn't work in the data directory. So what do I do now?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

The problem that the log file identified is in a dsf file in the data directory, but the user file is a duf, so it doesn't show up in drop down for the script. Of course, I had to try to run the script against the dsf file and like you said, it doesn't work in the data directory. So what do I do now?

You could try temporarily renaming the .duf file to .dsf. What product is it? I didn't think DS created .duf files with this issue.

• PMamaMPMamaM Posts: 0
    edited July 2014

Ok, I've used this before, it worked great no problem. I recently changed computers, had to install everything here and whoops 'Duplicate Id' issues cropped up again. So I went to run the script and came up with an error. I figured I did it wrong, reread the instructions follwed to a 'T' and...still an error with the 'read log for details'. This is what the log said;

Executing DAZ Script file: C:/Users/Public/Documents/My DAZ 3D Library/Scripts/Utilities/Fix Duplicate IDs.dsa
    DEBUG: Script starting
    WARNING: Script Error: Line 62
    WARNING: SyntaxError: Unable to parse JSON string
    WARNING: Stack Trace:
    ()@:62
    Error in script execution!

Now I suspect I am doing *something* wrong somehwere. I've redownloaded the script, reread the instructions. to no avail, everytime I load Genesis/M5 I get a Duplicate ID error, and every time I try to run the script I get that error above. 0.0

help?

Post edited by PMamaM on
    edited December 1969

You shouldn't need to run the script on base figures - there is at least one Genesis morph with this issue, it needs to be updated by the creator (check the log, help>Troubleshooting>View log) to see which morph is causing the issue, try redownloading the product, and if that doesn't fix it contact support (for a DAZ product) or the vendor or freebie maker.

• PMamaMPMamaM Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

AHHH! Ok, thanks :)

• ADAD Posts: 396
    edited December 1969

I've the same Problems. But the script doesn't work correct for my system. It comes an error message. And in my logfile are so many dsf-files, so I don't know which files I have to run the script.
    If I try to deinstall DAZ Studio and re-install, is this double ID's fixed or is this double ID's in the data Folder of the Content? My DAZ Studio (4.6.3.52) is on C and my Content is on E.
    Can I also delete teh Genesis Folder in the data Folder in the Content Folder and install Genesis Starter Ess new? I can't and don't want to fix about 50 or 100 dsf files with the script. Can I delete this dsf files in the data Folder?
    Perhaps somebody could help me. The best would be, somebody could tell me step by step how to fix this problem? Sorry for my bad english, but english is not my native language.

edited December 1969

The script usually, but not always, fixes issues with figures - clothes or hair, or new base figures. If you are getting the error with Genesis or another base figure, and if your content is up to date, then it's likely to be one of a few third-party morphs that need updating; the script won't help with morphs (which weren't causing the issue at the time). It's also worth being sure the error is Duplicate IDs - for content that hasn't been updated for a long time in may be Duplicate Values, which is a totally different thing (fixed by updating the content).

edited September 2014

And now I have the Problem. My content folder is about 7 or 8 years old and I always attach this Folder in DAZ Studio under Preferences. So this folder is so old, it is very difficult to go through everything and uploading new - some items or Shops doesn't exist any longer. Is there a quicker and better solution? I would sit over months to clean up my old content folder. There must be another solution. Why did DAZ change this all the time?

Post edited by AD on
    edited December 1969

A lot of the changes are fixes, or updates needed to support new features. If your content folder is mainly items from DAZ you could temporarily remove it as a content directory, add a new directory and install everything with the DAZ Install Manager.

edited December 1969

Hallo,
    ich antworte hier jetzt mal in Deutsch, da ich mein Problem nicht in englisch (ist leider nicht meine Muttersprache) artikulieren kann, daß es für jedermann verständlich ist. Die Google Übersetzungen geben leider nicht den Inhalt wider, den ich mitteilen möchte.

ich habe den gesamten Content jeweils von Hand installiert und einsortiert, da ich eine eigene Ordnung in meinem Content Ordner bevorzuge. Selbst wenn das Script funktionieren würde - was es aber bei einigen dsf-files nicht macht - so würde ich Monate am PC sitzen um meinen Content Ordner auf dsf-files und deren Bereinigung zu untersuchen. In 7 - 8 Jahren sammelt sich einiges an Content an. Und es sind Artikel dabei, die ich vor Jahren von Herstellern oder als Freebie erhalten habe - die sind jetzt dadurch unbrauchbar geworden, nur weil das DAZ Studio keine dsf-files mehr lesen kann. Warum entwickelt DAZ das Programm nicht so, daß ebenfalls ältere Dateien wie z.B. dsf-files weiterhin wenigstens benutzt werden können. Das kann es doch nicht sein. Man wirft doch nicht den ganzen Content weg, nur weil die neueste Programmversion auf einmal solche Dateien nicht mehr lesen kann - hier sind die DAZ Entwickler gefragt, ihr Programm schnellstens zu überarbeiten. Ansonsten überlege ich mir, ob ich weiterhin überhaupt noch etwas bei DAZ kaufe, wenn ich weiß, daß in evtl. ein paar Jahren nichts mehr davon funktioniert.

with Google Translation:
    Hello,
    I answer here now in German, because I can't explain my problem in understandable english (it's not my native language) for everyone. Unfortunately the Google translations do not reflect the content that I want to explain.

I have all the content installed by hand and sorted in each different Folders, because I prefer its own order in my Content folder. Even if the script would work - but it does not for some dsf-files - so I would need months for cleanup my content folder about dsf-files. In 7-8 years some accumulates to content. And there are items here that I received years ago from vendors/Shops or as a freebie - which are now becomes useless just because the DAZ Studio can't read dsf-files any longer. Why developed DAZ the program not that also older files such as dsf-files can still be used at least. Nobody throws all content away just because the latest version of the program at once can't read and use such dsf-files - here the DAZ developers are asked to revise their programs quickly. Otherwise, I'm considering whether I continue to buy anything more items for DAZ Studio, when I know, that this files are only work for a few time and don't work in future times.
    I hope you can understand.

• peter_2762644peter_2762644 Posts: 53
    edited December 1969

Hey there,

I'm new into DAZ3D (and generally 3D-Modelling and so on...).
    But it makes a lot of fun.

I found a SIMPY SOLUTION for me to fix this Problem (very helpful was this tip: https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/20651678-how-to-fix-the-duplicate-formula-message).
    I noticed, that this error occours after I installed the GENESIS EVOLUTION MORPHS.

So by the method "Try and Win or Loose" ;-) I figured out, the Genesis Evolution EXPRESSION Morphs causes the Problem.
    I have simply waived and good is!

That was the Solution in my Case. Please don't ask me for Details. As I said - I'm a completely nebie :-)

Greets from Vienna...

• Ok. So this script only fixes DSF files. I'm having similar issues with DUF (material files). How can I get the duplicate IDs fixed? If I have to edit it in a text editor or something then so be it. But it would be nice to have some sort of guide to help me know what needs editing and what doesnt.

David