DAZ Studio 4.5 - Fix Duplicate IDs script

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Yes, run it by using File>Merge, or make it into a Custom action so you can add it to a menu (if you find the script in the Content pane, right click on it and select create Custom Action it will be added to the Scripts menu, which will be created if it doesn't exist; I used Window>Workspace>Customise to put it on the Content Library option menu instead).

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

I found that upgrading from 4.0 to 4.5 made me lose all my Genesis Base files. I went into the Data directory and they were, in fact, gone (I had not DL'd the "Genesis Essentials" file successfully). Uninstall both. Reinstall 4.0. ZIP my Genesis Base directory. Reinstall 4.5 (and eliminate the old Genesis Base content). UnZip my backup to the original location.

Should not HAVE to do any of the above. Meh!

edited December 1969

Genesis and many of the other content files have been updated, you want the Essentials content rather than the old DS4 content. We may hope that the fact that the content has been split in two is a sign that it is expected to be reasonably stable (and so not need redownloading) from now on.

• SaitoChikaraSaitoChikara Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So what do I do now?

duplicate_ID_Issue.png
    574 x 267 - 29K
    edited December 1969

It shouldn't be touching the UV maps, it should be looking only for the item .dsf file (which would be in \data\SickleYield\SYFantasticHorns\SYSdieHornsRamG). Unfortunately I don't have that set to look at it.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

What exactly are the ramifications of using an item that has the duplicate ID problem, other than the error dialog that Studio throws up when it is loaded? They seem to work once loaded...

edited December 1969

Yes, DS seems to survive OK - it's mainly an annoyance, but at the same time I would feel personally happier knowing that there wasn't a potential issue that might turn round to bite me at some later stage.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

Agreed, but I'd also rather wait and get 'official' fixed versions from DAZ, and not everything has been updated yet. So am curious how badly I might be screwing myself if I use something that hasn't been officially patched yet.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,622
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for this script! It's a lifesaver.

I fixed Saito's error above by running the script in 4 rather than 4.5. It did not throw the error and worked fine.

This looks like another reason why keeping 4 around at least at first is very mandatory for a content creator. Glad I have more than one machine.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,942
    edited December 1969

cwichura said:
    What exactly are the ramifications of using an item that has the duplicate ID problem, other than the error dialog that Studio throws up when it is loaded? They seem to work once loaded...

I've asked this a few times and never seen an answer as, like you, I had not seen an issue. Well, now I have ... it seems to screw up (at the least) posing (a 'feature' that survives the removal of the 'offending' item and seems to be saved with the scene). I had a scene with Genesis with DzFire's M4Cyborg fitted to it (using Morph Transfer) and had spun a few Shaping dials. I then loaded a katana for him to hold and got the duplicxate id error. The various dials to move fingers would then not work. I eventually managed to get it to work by starting the scene from scratch after running the script on the katana.

• the halfdragonthe halfdragon Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

Download the script and place it somewhere on your hard drive, such as My Library\Scripts.

sweet thanks richard this could come in handy alot

edited December 1969

And update, apparently the error message is caused by attempting to use the script on the .dsf in the data folder instead of the main People folder. So there's no real difference in functionality in DS4 and DS4.5. Whew!

• the halfdragonthe halfdragon Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

that's always good to know sickle thanks

• edited December 1969

I've just been working through the duplicate id error message, but I just recently had my entire program crash when I tried to load a saved file. I haven't put up a bug log, since I'm still trying to make it happen again.

I want to give this a try, but I am on a Mac and I have never used a script before. Any idea on how I would use this?

edited December 1969

The method I gave at the top of the page, for adding it to the Scripts menu, will work on a Mac too. There's no partcular trick to using scripts - in fact several of the built-in commands, such as Symmetry and drop to floor, are scripts as are the older preset files.

• DrPingyDrPingy Posts: 78
    edited December 1969

I don't understand the script.
    I start the script and than I must select a dsf-file. In the readme stands: "Don't directly select files in the \data folder"
    Which file must I select?
    For example:
    My message in the log is: Duplicate id "B25Leotard1" found in file "/data/Bobbie25/B25BW/B25Leotard/B25Leotard1.dsf"
    I found this dsf-file in the data folder. There is no other dsf-file.

Is there any description for the problems:
    - Unsupported formula
    - Could not find target property for formula
    - Duplicate formula

Nobody can thing that we will get for all items updates!!

edited December 1969

You select the clothing dsf from People/Genesis instead of from data.

edited December 1969

If you run the script with File>Merge, or as a custom action, and you have the problem items showing in the Content Library pane under DAZ Studio Formats then the script wills tart in the folder that holds them and you need only select the items that need fixing.

• edited December 1969

Thanks. It works fine. :-)

• edited December 2012

Hello
    As a Newbie and non english , i can ensure everybody that the script it's really easy to use and it works great !
    Just a long process dependig on how many things you have.
    Anyway as was said just i put the sript in my libray script.
    Then browsed in Mylubrary\People\genesis and found all items that created ID error so i selcted them pressed Ok then it worked again perfectly.
    I did it for Chlothing and Hair
    So if you have a large libray my advice it's to keep the script inside mylibray\scripts then when you will going to use something and it will have this error run the script if you don'f find the object just search for it by typing the name with windows search select it press ok and it will be fixed.
    This just to avoid to spend all day to fix everthing.

Thanks so much again for providing the sript

Kinds Regards
    Jack

Post edited by giacomo.civardi_f43255c5a6 on
  • MrWizard1024MrWizard1024 Posts: 51
    edited December 1969

Richard,

While the script works well on a lot of content, there are still items for which it doesn't seem to work. For example, eblank's excellent J_Dress still generates an error even after I've run the script. I noticed when I run the script on the item, I don't get the "watch" icon that usually indicates the script is working. Here is the log:

Loaded file: J_Dress.dsf
    Duplicate id "J_Dress" found in file "/data/Author/Product/J_Dress/J_Dress.dsf"
    WARNING: /src/sdksource/fileinput/dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/general in file : /data/Author/Product/J_Dress/J_Dress.dsf#J_Dress
    WARNING: /src/sdksource/fileinput/dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/x in file : /data/Author/Product/J_Dress/J_Dress.dsf#J_Dress
    WARNING: /src/sdksource/fileinput/dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/y in file : /data/Author/Product/J_Dress/J_Dress.dsf#J_Dress
    WARNING: /src/sdksource/fileinput/dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/z in file : /data/Author/Product/J_Dress/J_Dress.dsf#J_Dress
    File loaded in 0 min 8.6 sec.
    Loaded file: J_Dress.dsf

The dress seems to work perfectly otherwise. Do you have any suggestions for removing the Duplicate ID error?

MrWizard1024

Figure_in_eblanks_J_Dress.jpg
    776 x 1035 - 77K
    edited December 1969

There are two or three items that I had to fix manually for one reason or another - one of which was very strange (it had two dsf files in the data folder, both of which seemed to be used). I don't have that dress - if it's a freebie, do you have a link so I can look at it?

edited December 2012

Here's a picture of the dresses in the set. It was item 57172 on sharecg, but it doesn't seem to be there now. I'll send you the zip file in a private message.

Many thanks for your helping to fix this.

MrWizard1024

Genesis_Dress.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by MrWizard1024 on
    edited December 1969

Richard Haseltine found the solution to this problem. The solution to the problem was to use the Batch Convert feature (menu Windows -> Panes -> Batch Convert) to decompress the .dsf files in both the Content Directory (e.g., /My Library/People/Genesis/Clothing/J_Shirt) and the corresponding file in the /data folder (e.g., /My Library/data/Author/Product/J_Shirt). Then I ran the Fix Duplicate IDs script, and the file now loads fine without an error.

Many, many thanks to Richard Haseltine at DAZ for working on this over his Christmas holiday.

MrWizard1024

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Rich...I clicked the 4shared link you provided, signed in, clicked download...and I got this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a heads up.

WebAttack1.jpg
    223 x 145 - 7K
    edited December 1969

Hmm, it may have been an ad on the page rather than the isntaller, but I will check as far as I can.

edited December 1969

Didn't get an issue just now, and I use Norton too - I would definitely suspect an ad that slipped some malware though the checks.

• fruitwortfruitwort Posts: 0
    edited February 2013

I too am having trouble with Duplicate IDs relating to the Leotard. I have waded thru this thread for the solution and have to admit defeat; it is all way over my head.

I did, however, notice a comment to the effect that this problem has now probably been corrected and one would need to reset , re-download and re-install the original product. I searched through my Order History with great difficulty; it is not possible to search on the Product code. What made matters worse is that the product description on the Reade Me does not tally with the description in the Order history.

Notwithstanding, I did manage to re-download and, with eager anticipation, I re-installed the Basic Wear for Gen.

I am still being told that there are Duplicate IDs! :blank:

Post edited by fruitwort on
    edited December 1969

If there's a product like that, with the latest version giving errors, please make a bug report to bugs.daz3d.com in the Content list (it's a separate system so you will need to register, if you haven't previously).

• cipher_Xcipher_X Posts: 121
    edited December 1969

I am having problem trying to fix the duplicate ID error on SAV's Dragon Hair. I run the script as a custom action, selecting the hair file located at My Library/People/Genesis/Hair/SAV/Dragonladyhair but it does not fix the duplicate ID error. The log shows this:

DEBUG: Script starting
    WARNING: Script Error: Line 62
    WARNING: SyntaxError: Unable to parse JSON string
    WARNING: Stack Trace:
    ()@:62
    Duplicate id "SAVDragonLHair_Gen" found in file "/data/SAV/DagonLHair/DragonLHair/SAVDragonLHair_Gen.dsf"
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5137): Unsupported formula: /data/SAV/DagonLHair/DragonLHair/SAVDragonLHair_Gen.dsf#SAVDragonLHair_Gen
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/general in file : /data/SAV/DagonLHair/DragonLHair/SAVDragonLHair_Gen.dsf#SAVDragonLHair_Gen
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5137): Unsupported formula: /data/SAV/DagonLHair/DragonLHair/SAVDragonLHair_Gen.dsf#SAVDragonLHair_Gen
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/x in file : /data/SAV/DagonLHair/DragonLHair/SAVDragonLHair_Gen.dsf#SAVDragonLHair_Gen
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/y in file : /data/SAV/DagonLHair/DragonLHair/SAVDragonLHair_Gen.dsf#SAVDragonLHair_Gen
    WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(4957): Could not find target property for formula: Genesis:/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Genesis.dsf#Genesis?scale/z in file : /data/SAV/DagonLHair/DragonLHair/SAVDragonLHair_Gen.dsf#SAVDragonLHair_Gen
    File loaded in 0 min 7.6 sec.
    Loaded file: DragonLHair.dsf