Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD IV ♥♡♥♡♥ stooopiddittty!

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,839
    edited December 1969

stupid!
    I cannot render avi files in Carrara or Daz studio inspite of trying EVERY codec pack under the sun on my desktop,
    they get all out of phase interlaced whatever.
    no worries, I do sequenced png files anyway
    but
    wanted my multi import Mimic track to match, so rendering a 1.920x1.080pixel avi to export the matching wav in virtual dub!

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Anyone who knows if the Monk Robes for M4 has been updated? I used the transfer utility to convert it to genesis, and some of the polygons on the right arm is missing. I couldn't find anything that reversed this. And the ropes are 'broken', meaning they seems to have morphs applied to them that pulls them into the robe in the middle parts of the rope, but not the ends. Renders added for reference.

Is that sickle yields??? He has made a genesis one I think on RO

edited December 1969

stupid!
    I cannot render avi files in Carrara or Daz studio inspite of trying EVERY codec pack under the sun on my desktop,
    they get all out of phase interlaced whatever.
    no worries, I do sequenced png files anyway
    but
    wanted my multi import Mimic track to match, so rendering a 1.920x1.080pixel avi to export the matching wav in virtual dub!

I thought AVI was the default for video file renders. That's what max and maya use by default

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,585
    edited October 2012

Spyro said:
    Spyro said:
    Ok, for some reason Daz is blocking my print screen. :S

1 Load up your WIP outdated genesis.
    2 Load up a fresh genesis.
    3 Select WIP Genesis in parameters select the setting icon on top right of parameters box. Select Copy>Copy Figure.
    4 Select Fresh genesis which has your new GenX morphs loaded select the setting icon on top right of parameters box. Select Paste>Paste Figure.

Your fresh genesis will now have all the settings your WIP had... Excluding textures.

Genesis doesn't usually load with new morphs from a scene that was made before installing the new morphs. So that's what I do to make my existing characters update.
    ...hmm I think I did it in reverse as the WIP ended up with all the steph4 morphs instead. Anyway, the process worked beautifully.

Thank you for the pointers

Tried to post the results tonight, but again, the site is still running stoopid slow for me. I just end up sitting here watching the FF indicator spin ad nauseum while still in "connecting" mode for nearly twenty minutes. Ended up going way past my bedtime.

Will try to post the pic tomorrow evening.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Glad you got it working! It's usually really effective and I do it all the time to upgrade my characters. I oftern save them in increments eg. SpyroGn_V4, SpyroGn_V4alt, SpyroGn_V5 etc. I use 'V' To remind me which model was updated recently, kinda like 'Version', I use "A" or "Alt" to let me know that I didn't update the model with the latest morphs by transferring it to a newer genesis, but have 'altered' the morph sliders on the character to adjust body or facial features. (Not uncommon for my characters to be saved as SpyroGn_V5A3.) Also, to remind myself, I have each of my characters named with which figure "Gn, V4, M4 etc"

Short... "SpyroGn_V5A3"
    Long... "Spyro" Name, "Gn" Genesis, "V5" Version 5 "A3" Alteration 3.

All this information allows me to know the progress and what model/character I'm about to load, without having to load it to find out.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...more Magento stoopidity

just wanted to thank fixmypcmike for the link and when I try to submit it, I get this:

Error Message: Unable to receive your submission at this time

That one is quite easy to explain. The software spam filters have identified your message as possible spam, so won't allow you to post it. :coolsmirk:

Solution, alter your post in some way, so it does not appear to be a generic or canned response and it will post.
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,017
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...more Magento stoopidity

just wanted to thank fixmypcmike for the link and when I try to submit it, I get this:

Error Message: Unable to receive your submission at this time

That one is quite easy to explain. The software spam filters have identified your message as possible spam, so won't allow you to post it. :coolsmirk:

Solution, alter your post in some way, so it does not appear to be a generic or canned response and it will post.
    You'll never be replaced by software, Cho. You are a very intelligent and efficient Spam Filter. ;-)
    edited December 1969

at 4649 posts not including prior post count of 11915... I'd think she could spam to death the daz website if she wanted to lol

edited December 1969

who me???????????

lolcat_needs_words.jpg
    500 x 375 - 25K
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    who me???????????

Well the count is out of date now that you posted :-P

edited December 1969

^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Tiggy_says_behave_copy.jpg
    480 x 640 - 196K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,705
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Oh you want some fresh water. Your food bowl is empty too. You want me to clean your litter box? Oh it is too dirty, I understand.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

My Goth Nun video
    wanted to do more but the Poser cloth sims and render takes so long I got bored
    Reward offered. I will give whomever finds the real Wendy a brand new left handed whatizit. This video is so not the Wendy I know and love, the wacky factor is totally missing. I will say it was well done and even sounded right but so not a Wendy.
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Beautiful eyeshine in that one cho!

edited October 2012

Jaderail said:
    My Goth Nun video
    wanted to do more but the Poser cloth sims and render takes so long I got bored
    Reward offered. I will give whomever finds the real Wendy a brand new left handed whatizit. This video is so not the Wendy I know and love, the wacky factor is totally missing. I will say it was well done and even sounded right but so not a Wendy.

Her amazing improved skills will certainly push the envelope with her future stooooooopidity renders :cheese: She's just warming up I reckon.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

I forgot a message that the kitty is sending. Do you want to remove these things in my way on this table or do you want me to remove them? I want to take a nap now.

I had a cat who wanted to sleep on the table but I had stuff on the table so he did his best to remove everything from the table.

edited October 2012

My Ms.Meow is a nesting Kitty. When in the house she has her bed with a nice pooffy blanky. She hops in and FLUFFS that blanky all nice and big and then walks it back down into the perfect little cozy nest. You know it's nap time when the fluffing starts followed with that tight little walk in circles thing.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    My Ms.Meow is a nesting Kitty. When in the house she has her bed with a nice pooffy blanky. She hops in and FLUFFS that blanky all nice and big and then walks it back down into the perfect little cozy nest. You know it's nap time when the fluffing starts followed with that tight little walk in circles thing.

Is she the kitty that is not spayed?

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Is she the kitty that is not spayed?None of my kitties are Spayed. I'm working on another herd of cats like I had as a young man (36 cats at one point maybe more, mem fails). Besides baby kittens just brighten up my life so. I lost my only babies this year, and none of my females (4) have blessed me with any more babies so far. I want all the kitties I can get, so I can love on them and snuggle with them and play with them and laugh at their play. I miss babies, all my kitties are grown and only want love when they want it and only Ringo is still got any play left in her. She is fun to watch sometimes.

edited December 1969

I miss my furbabies. I want to go through the kitten thing again but in better circumstances. I was thinking of breeding pure bred cats, but I know it would be hard. I would have to let the kittens go to their new homes as I cannot keep them all.

edited December 1969

NEWS 7 - EPISODE 4 (SPECIAL BACK TO BACK EPISODE... STAY TUNED)

Brought to you by Skiriki's Ranger Services. "Nothing to see here people, move along... AND SAVE THE ANIMALS!!!"

:-P

SPYRONews4.jpg
    1000 x 796 - 689K
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Anyone who knows if the Monk Robes for M4 has been updated? I used the transfer utility to convert it to genesis, and some of the polygons on the right arm is missing. I couldn't find anything that reversed this. And the ropes are 'broken', meaning they seems to have morphs applied to them that pulls them into the robe in the middle parts of the rope, but not the ends. Renders added for reference.

Predatron's.: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/monk-robes-for-m4

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Predatron's.: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/monk-robes-for-m4Could somebody explain to me why I do not own this. I could have used this so many times in the past.

Wait, I think it's coming back to be now. It might be the money thing, I need more of it to have all the stuff I want. It's always something...

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

They're really nice. You should PM Pendraia you can find her easy in the 'ArtStudio' forum. She's demonstrated a good understanding on the transfer and auto fit utility. She's also a clothing creator and is VERY helpful :)

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well, I did convert to weight-mapping, so that's why it looks weird. Maybe I should have converterted to Triaxis, or whatever it's called...

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Spyro said:

They're really nice. You should PM Pendraia you can find her easy in the 'ArtStudio' forum. She's demonstrated a good understanding on the transfer and auto fit utility. She's also a clothing creator and is VERY helpful :)

Pendraia........

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9654/

edited December 1969

Well, I did convert to weight-mapping, so that's why it looks weird. Maybe I should have converterted to Triaxis, or whatever it's called...
    YEP... Me thinkz your on to it now.
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,839
    edited December 1969

aggggghhh stooooooopid!!!
    I am rendering a video in parts, got home to find I had used Stephanie curvy ranger's wav file instead of Michael5 superhero ranger's wav file in Mimic in Carrara
    so now I need to rerender!!
    and reset up the scene!!!!
    crashed Carrara trying to swap it!

and my c drive is getting full, so decided to delete most the older videos I have uploaded to youtube (off my drive, not youtube) as I am unlikely to revisit those files
    most were only 800x600pixels at 15fps!!
    and they are on the worldwide web anyway!
    got rid of most my early renders too off my external drive and am copying about 26GB of recent downloads onto it.
    must buy yet ANOTHER external drive!!! (they do not take up much room and can never have too many backups!!)

so doing some PC spring cleaning!!

edited December 1969

aggggghhh stooooooopid!!!
    I am rendering a video in parts, got home to find I had used Stephanie curvy ranger's wav file instead of Michael5 superhero ranger's wav file in Mimic in Carrara
    so now I need to rerender!!
    and reset up the scene!!!!
    crashed Carrara trying to swap it!

and my c drive is getting full, so decided to delete most the older videos I have uploaded to youtube (off my drive, not youtube) as I am unlikely to revisit those files
    most were only 800x600pixels at 15fps!!
    and they are on the worldwide web anyway!
    got rid of most my early renders too off my external drive and am copying about 26GB of recent downloads onto it.
    must buy yet ANOTHER external drive!!! (they do not take up much room and can never have too many backups!!)

so doing some PC spring cleaning!!

Id be totally lost without external drives... And they getting cheap nowerdays too specially with higher capacities now available.

edited December 1969

I'm starting to get a major PO'ed at myself for how I have done my content. I have started to Lose stuff because I put it in this category when I hunt for those in this other category. A re-install is no help because the item is installed and in that place. I still have to hunt it down after a new install. All my free stuff is backed up, all my older stuff is backed up, all my plugins are backed up and I could just set down with my IOH and make sure that every item is the newest updated version.
    . I'm thinking after my next render I will just Uninstall everything after backing up all my Renders, Defragging after uninstall, setting Win7 back to default and starting over again. I'll leave my core stuff alone like browsers and such but all the other junk must go. This can and will take months but I'm so tired of hunting files I know I installed two plus years ago. Not to mention I know my Bryce install and my Bryce only content is not right. It's very hard to learn bryce when your stuff is not in the place the Tutorial says to look.

I'm so STOOPID!!! Why did I import my old stuff instead of doing this in the first place? Last Year!! ARGH!!!

This discussion has been closed.