Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD IV ♥♡♥♡♥ stooopiddittty!

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

Sunfire said:
    I have looked back and seen some people being helped here, and obviously if I am missing what they're getting at, then I must be stupid because as we know DAZ doesn't make mistakes or give muddy confusing instruction, it's the end users who make the mistake.

By the way the metadata question IS a DAZ Studio question not a Poser question. I don't bother with metadata normally but appearently it is something that is needed for the next step in the tutorial and it is the DAZ Studio metadata that is needing updated.

Do not take anything in the Stupid Thread serious. Yes we help and I'm sure if we could we would. I'm also another none Meatadata user so I'm a bit lost about this stuff as well. As a Budding content creator I'm going to have to learn this stuff but I have not gotten that far yet

We also have a way of trying to make anything in the thread a bit stupid even when we do help, which is kinda stupid. See?
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,018
    edited December 1969

Oh and who wrote the Tutorial you are following? Try PMing them and maybe they can help?

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Oh and who wrote the Tutorial you are following? Try PMing them and maybe they can help?

No author listed, but it is in the DAZ Documentation center and it is where they point people for the conversions. People are doing it, I've seen people talk about how easy it is. And so far it has been. Until this point.

edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    tjohn said:

No author listed, but it is in the DAZ Documentation center and it is where they point people for the conversions. People are doing it, I've seen people talk about how easy it is. And so far it has been. Until this point.
    Sorry, Sunfire. You could try starting a new thread in the Daz Studio Forum. Then if no one can answer your question it could mean that no one else knows, not that you're being ignored.
    And you might get your answer in a new thread that isn't buried inside a large thread where it can be overlooked.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    tjohn said:

Cridgit seems to be the metadata guru. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7542/

And yes I think someone was probably messing with you to point you to this thread. It does occasionally have some serious moments, but is not renowned for them. :coolsmirk:

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just to prove the point....

serious-dog-demotivational-poster-1254702754.jpg
    640 x 553 - 62K
    270911970_db35fdd4ca.jpg
    500 x 385 - 31K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    Since I am not getting an answer in the DSON thread, I was pointed here as there's some nice helpful people here who might be able to help me, or at least direct me in the right direction to GET the answer.

In the conversion tutorials to make non .duf file types .duf files and then make the Poser Companion File, I have found something that leaves me wondering exactly what they mean.

In the converting to the .duf file type, they instruct you to save the file to the folder where the older file is located and then delete the old file without deleting the png file.

Then in the next tutorial the one for making the Poser Companion files, I see this:

Step 2 : Update Metadata

Make sure to update the Metadata by removing the old files from the product and adding the new ones.

Metadata standards have changed recently, so this is the right time to update the Metadata to reflect these new standards.

What does this mean exactly? Does this refer to the saving of the .duf file to the directory and the deletion of the older file? Or what? I'd really like some clarification and better instruction as to what this really means. So far it's the only bit of instruction that leaves me confused as to what it means.

Sorry, Sunfire, just saw this. That part of the instructions is really for the content creators or DAZ QA doing conversions -- if you don't use the metadata yourself, you don't need to bother with it.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,839
    edited December 1969

seriously?

Funny_Warp_1339329861.jpg
    1296 x 972 - 503K
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    Since I am not getting an answer in the DSON thread, I was pointed here as there's some nice helpful people here who might be able to help me, or at least direct me in the right direction to GET the answer.

In the conversion tutorials to make non .duf file types .duf files and then make the Poser Companion File, I have found something that leaves me wondering exactly what they mean.

In the converting to the .duf file type, they instruct you to save the file to the folder where the older file is located and then delete the old file without deleting the png file.

Then in the next tutorial the one for making the Poser Companion files, I see this:

Step 2 : Update Metadata

Make sure to update the Metadata by removing the old files from the product and adding the new ones.

Metadata standards have changed recently, so this is the right time to update the Metadata to reflect these new standards.

What does this mean exactly? Does this refer to the saving of the .duf file to the directory and the deletion of the older file? Or what? I'd really like some clarification and better instruction as to what this really means. So far it's the only bit of instruction that leaves me confused as to what it means.

Sorry, Sunfire, just saw this. That part of the instructions is really for the content creators or DAZ QA doing conversions -- if you don't use the metadata yourself, you don't need to bother with it.

But it says that the script that makes the companion file needs it to determine where to put things. So is that not really the case?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

now then

lolcat_is_serious.jpg
    600 x 450 - 89K
    edited December 1969

YES! Success... or at least inital success... Now I just have to fine tune and figure out a few other things and...

*runs over to hug Fixmypcmike* Thank you for clearing that up for me.

*runs off giggling and cackling like a madwoman*

edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    YES! Success... or at least inital success... Now I just have to fine tune and figure out a few other things and...

*runs over to hug Fixmypcmike* Thank you for clearing that up for me.

*runs off giggling and cackling like a madwoman*

glad to know it worked out for you.
    now for goodness sake post something STUPID in the Stupid thread.
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

OKAY!

Proof that Skynet exists, and machines hate you.

rise_of_the_machines.gif
    320 x 180 - 2M
    edited October 2012

6563d1238122434-windows-7068-spotted-connect-stupid-cat.jpg
    500 x 496 - 45K
    Post edited by TJohn on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,705
    edited December 1969

I missed my chance to go to the fair this year.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,705
    edited December 1969

I am thinking of having a thing that people do renders of Genesis in Poser and I put all the renders together in an ebook and give that book away for free at Amazon. is that a stupid idea?

edited December 1969

My Goth Nun video
    wanted to do more but the Poser cloth sims and render takes so long I got bored

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

damn, I get home and everyone has either gone to work or is asleep depending on which side of the planet they are on.
    yes, I believe you CAN say FART on the forum, just do not follow through with a P%#s and s%#t!

I went to bed early. It was weird. :bug:

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Well it would appear that jokes about that aspect of the human digestive system have been around since the 5th century, with Aristophanes writing 2 plays which use this. Chaucer also uses them in the Millers tale. The word itself is one of the oldest words in the English vocabulary.

So a fart is derived from a farthing? When I was thinking of farthing, I remember that poem. I think I got it from a movie that mentioned it.

The Bells of St. Martins

Gay go up and gay go down
    To Ring the Bells of London Town
    "Oranges and Lemons" say the Bells of St. Clements
    "Bullseyes and Targets" say the Bells of St. Margaret's
    "Brickbats and Tiles" say the Bells of St. Giles
    "Halfpence and Farthings" say the Bells of St. Martin's
    "Pancakes and Fritters" say the Bells of St. Peter's
    "Two Sticks and an Apple" say the Bells of Whitechapel
    "Maids in white aprons" say the Bells at St. Katherine's
    "Pokers and Tongs" say the Bells of St. John's
    "Kettles and Pans" say the Bells of St. Anne's
    "Old Father Baldpate" say the slow Bells of Aldgate
    "You owe me Ten Shillings" say the Bells of St. Helen's
    "When will you Pay me?" say the Bells of Old Bailey
    "When I grow Rich" say the Bells of Shoreditch
    "Pray when will that be?" say the Bells of Stepney
    "I do not know" say the Great Bell of Bow
    Gay go up and gay go down
    To Ring the Bells of London Town

edited December 1969

My Goth Nun video
    wanted to do more but the Poser cloth sims and render takes so long I got bored

Wow wendy, that was really well done! Such a clean animation, everything flowed very nicely and no poke throughs. The soundtrack was even rather pleasantly mixed with the visuals. Well done *thumbs up*

Now onto other matters...

resident-evil-afterlife-trailer-12-5-10-kcNinja.jpg
    570 x 385 - 108K
    original-0lack.jpg
    500 x 636 - 148K
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited December 1969

ooo ~ looky? a green flying beetle !

flying_beetle_bug.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 466K
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,154
    edited December 1969

Oh~No, look out for that darn horse fly !

Horse-fly.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 270K
    Horse-fly2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 242K
    edited December 1969

maybe it can poop in my garden as it passes and manure it, so long as I am not hoeing at the time!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,586
    edited December 1969

...here's something really stoopid:

Click on the link to report issues with the website on the Daz help page and you get a 404 error.

I'm' tired of dealing with the bleedin' 20 minute timeout using the Store instead of the Forums login.

...and now I can't even submit a support ticket on the issue because access to the bug tracker site is borked.

...talk about recursive stoopidity.

>help

>_ help is unavailable▐

edited October 2012

maybe it can poop in my garden as it passes and manure it, so long as I am not hoeing at the time!

ROFL!!! Wendy hoeing around LMAO!! Almost as bad as a 'whored' of Spyro zombies LMAO

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Apply Murphy's Law, Wendy...... How does it end?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...here's something really stoopid:

Click on the link to report issues with the website on the Daz help page and you get a 404 error.

I'm' tired of dealing with the bleedin' 20 minute timeout using the Store instead of the Forums login.

...and now I can't even submit a support ticket on the issue because access to the bug tracker site is borked.

...talk about recursive stoopidity.

>help

>_ help is unavailable▐

bugs.daz3d.com
    Set the project to "DAZ Web Search"

edited December 1969

...more Magento stoopidity

just wanted to thank fixmypcmike for the link and when I try to submit it, I get this:

Error Message: Unable to receive your submission at this time
    edited December 1969

Anyone who knows if the Monk Robes for M4 has been updated? I used the transfer utility to convert it to genesis, and some of the polygons on the right arm is missing. I couldn't find anything that reversed this. And the ropes are 'broken', meaning they seems to have morphs applied to them that pulls them into the robe in the middle parts of the rope, but not the ends. Renders added for reference.

MissingPolygons01.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 207K
    BrokenRopes01.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 275K
    edited October 2012

...site is running stoopidly bad tonight making hard to maintain a sense of humor when you keep getting "Timeout", "Reset", and "Server not Found" errors.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
This discussion has been closed.