Llola Lane's Song/Music/Story/Poem Inspired Render Thread... Join me if you wish!!!

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603

Thank you :)  Got some more ideas that would fall under this category but they are a bit more complicated so will save those for another time.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,063

SofaCitizen said:

Thank you :)  Got some more ideas that would fall under this category but they are a bit more complicated so will save those for another time.

Wonderful.. No rush... this thread will stay til Daz pulls it :)  

• RafaelRafael Posts: 124
    edited March 2023

AgitatedRiot said:

AgitatedRiot, do you mind if I edit a bit your image?

It is just an idea. If you render the image as different layers, it would be much better.

Original Image by AgitatedRiot

ICantDrive55-OriginalImageByAgitatedRiot.jpg
    667 x 1069 - 199K
    Post edited by Rafael on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802

YAY for adding the dog Stezza... Loved all the John Wick movies... Your artwork is good enough to be a poster for Hollywood!  :)

Thanks for helping keep this thread alive.

This render from the Daz+ thread fits in here too.

It Must Have Been Love

Gallery Link

For this one there is a choice of two videos:

There is the original, a classic, by Roxette which brings me back to my younger days.

And there is also this newer cover by Andie Case & Alex Goot which brought the song back into my recent playlist.

Oh my SofaCitizen... Wonderful artwork and I think I'm liking the NEW version of the song better... Something to be said for simple photography (althought Pretty Woman is one of my favorite movies of all time)... I never was one for flashy... lol... Your artwork draws me into the photo... Well done!  THANK YOU for turning me on to a new artist too!

Llola Lane said:

Oh my SofaCitizen... Wonderful artwork and I think I'm liking the NEW version of the song better... Something to be said for simple photography (althought Pretty Woman is one of my favorite movies of all time)... I never was one for flashy... lol... Your artwork draws me into the photo... Well done!  THANK YOU for turning me on to a new artist too!

Thank you so much again :) And I think for this song it was important to post both videos since they both have their own charms and both contributed to making this render.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Andie Case version, she is one of the artists that I have ended up discovering due to "YouTube recommendation roulette" and so I am sure she would appreciate a new fan. Plenty of other covers on YouTube to investigate if you have the time :) I haven't dug too much into Alex Groot myself other than a handful of other collaborations I have seen. Discovering new artists is also an awesome side-benefit of the posts in this thread :)

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,233

Great work.

Thank you, AgitatedRiot :)

edited March 2023

"I Walked With a Zombie"

Zombie.png
    1618 x 2618 - 6M
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on

Thank you Agi... Now I'm gonna have spooky nightmares!!!  Not familiar with that song but your artwork goes great with the 'zombie' vibe ;)  Thanks for helping to keep this thread aliveeeeee!!!!

Nice One Agi, that's a new band to me. There was a ring of familiarity about it so perhaps I have heard it at some point in the past - although I can see that Alice Cooper is listed as a heavy influence so that may have something to do with it also.

And yes, we do need to keep this thread going to spread more musical knowledge and generate some more cool images :)

• LauritaLaurita Posts: 194
    edited March 2023

I remember Paris in 49. A tribute to probably my biggest musical hero.​ 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Lynott

Post edited by Laurita on

Laurita said:

A great tribute, Laurita. Phil looking cool in leather despite the sunny day :)

Also, not a track I have listened to in a while so I will put that right shortly.

Laurita said:

Had to look it up Laurita... Not familiar with the artist or song... I love being introduced to new things... THANKS for sharing... Found this  

• LauritaLaurita Posts: 194
    edited March 2023

(Sittin' on) The dock of the bay ...

Post edited by Laurita on
    edited March 2023

Laurita said:

(Sittin' on) The dock of the bay ...         

Know the words and the tune... (humzzzzzzz)... Thanks for the memories Laurita... Well done artwork for the song.  I likey ;)

Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • Llola Lane said:

Laurita said:

Had to look it up Laurita... Not familiar with the artist or song... I love being introduced to new things... THANKS for sharing... Found this  

Ahh. Gary Moore. I was listening to his 'Blood of Emeralds' when I made the decision that led directly to me meeting my wife. 32 years of marriage later, I still feel I made the right decision and the tune has become part of my internal mythology.

Regards,

Richard

richardandtracy said:

Llola Lane said:

Laurita said:

Ahh. Gary Moore. I was listening to his 'Blood of Emeralds' when I made the decision that led directly to me meeting my wife. 32 years of marriage later, I still feel I made the right decision and the tune has become part of my internal mythology.

Regards,

Richard

Hubby and I celebrate 38 years this July... Best decision... I... ever made too ;)  Don'cha just love it when things come together right?  We don't have a theme song though... he has a VERY different taste in music than I do.  lol

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Based on this old traditional Scottish ballad.

The Twa Corbies

As I was walking all alane,
    I heard twa corbies making a mane;
    The tane unto the t'other say,
    'Where sall we gang and dine to-day?'

'In behint yon auld fail dyke,
    I wot there lies a new slain knight;
    And naebody kens that he lies there,
    But his hawk, his hound, and lady fair.

'His hound is to the hunting gane,
    His hawk to fetch the wild-fowl hame,
    His lady's ta'en another mate,
    So we may mak our dinner sweet.

'Ye'll sit on his white hause-bane,
    And I'll pike out his bonny blue een;
    Wi ae lock o his gowden hair
    We'll, theek our nest when it grows bare.

'Mony a one for him makes mane,
    But nane sall ken where he is gane;
    Oer his white banes, when they we bare,
    The wind sall blaw for evermair.'

Meaning of unusual words:
    twa=two
    corbies=crows (or ravens)
    fail dyke=wall of turf
    wot=know
    kens=knows
    hause-bane=neck bone
    een=eye
    theek=thatch

2019-11-08 21:33:03.760 Total Rendering Time: 1 minutes 27.1 seconds

Click on image for full size.

Fishtales said:

Based on this old traditional Scottish ballad.

The Twa Corbies

As I was walking all alane,
    I heard twa corbies making a mane;
    The tane unto the t'other say,
    'Where sall we gang and dine to-day?'

'In behint yon auld fail dyke,
    I wot there lies a new slain knight;
    And naebody kens that he lies there,
    But his hawk, his hound, and lady fair.

'His hound is to the hunting gane,
    His hawk to fetch the wild-fowl hame,
    His lady's ta'en another mate,
    So we may mak our dinner sweet.

'Ye'll sit on his white hause-bane,
    And I'll pike out his bonny blue een;
    Wi ae lock o his gowden hair
    We'll, theek our nest when it grows bare.

'Mony a one for him makes mane,
    But nane sall ken where he is gane;
    Oer his white banes, when they we bare,
    The wind sall blaw for evermair.'

Meaning of unusual words:
    twa=two
    corbies=crows (or ravens)
    fail dyke=wall of turf
    wot=know
    kens=knows
    hause-bane=neck bone
    een=eye
    theek=thatch

2019-11-08 21:33:03.760 Total Rendering Time: 1 minutes 27.1 seconds

This is wonderful Fishtales... My kind of music... I love ballads... I searched the internet and found a few of the poem set to music but i like this one the best.. https://www.scottish-country-dancing-dictionary.com/video/z-twa-corbies.html ... They all pretty much use the same tune.  WOW... I'm lovin' your artwork better now that I know the words/music.  Well done!!!

@Llola Lane

Three different takes on the song.

Fishtales said:

@Llola Lane

WOW... very different indeed ;)  I think I like the last one best... A good harmony is hard to resist for me.  THANK YOU!

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 284

Midnight Blue by Lou Gramm

And I remember what my father said    He said "Son, life is simple"    "It's either cherry red or"    "Midnight blue"

1958 Pontiac Bonneville hardtop

Zatetic said:

And I remember what my father said    He said "Son, life is simple"    "It's either cherry red or"    "Midnight blue"

Smart father Zatetic ... I'll take Cherry Red please ;)  I was just telling hubby the other day that cars used to LOOK great back when... They are soooo boring now... lol.  So much for aero dynamics!  Thanks for the wonderful artwork and song!

edited March 2023

Llola Lane said:

Fishtales said:

@Llola Lane

WOW... very different indeed ;)  I think I like the last one best... A good harmony is hard to resist for me.  THANK YOU!

Steeleye Span went for the medieval theme; Hamish Imlach is a pure Folk singer and the Corries are Scottish Folk singers. Roy Williamson, the dark haired one, actually wrote Flower of Scotland the unofficial Scottish National Anthem :) 

Post edited by Fishtales on

Llola Lane said:

Zatetic said:

Smart father Zatetic ... I'll take Cherry Red please ;)  I was just telling hubby the other day that cars used to LOOK great back when... They are soooo boring now... lol.  So much for aero dynamics!  Thanks for the wonderful artwork and song!

I have been looking for a luxury sedan. But, unfortunately, the dealers seem to be selling SUVs Chrysler and Cadillac is the two dealers with sedans (through Ford by the wayside.)

• junkjunk Posts: 1,230
    edited March 2023

Llola!!  It's been a long time and I finally saw your reply... So here's one I did two years ago now called "Going Home".  The feeling and mood was set by this song called "Sink" by "Noah Kahan" though it really doesn't apply to the story of the image.  

Parts of the lyrics such as "She sleeps with one eye closed so she can tell when she's alone", "Summer comes and goes", "though this ship can be saved yet" and "she promises to write" all fit in within the souljourn that she is on.

Going Home

Here's a link to an acoustic version of the song.

Post edited by junk on

junk said:

Llola!!  It's been a long time and I finally saw your reply... So here's one I did two years ago now called "Going Home".  The feeling and mood was set by this song called "Sink" by "Noah Kahan" though it really doesn't apply to the story of the image.  

Parts of the lyrics such as "She sleeps with one eye closed so she can tell when she's alone", "Summer comes and goes", "though this ship can be saved yet" and "she promises to write" all fit in within the souljourn that she is on.

<--waaaaaaaaves to Junk.... glad to see you are still about... Been wondering how you've been.... I'm trying to check this thread more often but yes... sometimes it takes me a while to respond also.  :)  I feel that your artwork goes with the song quite well... In space I'm sure she's lonely and wishing she could be home.  Thanks for helping to keep this thread alive!  Stay well.