Llola Lane's Song/Music/Story/Poem Inspired Render Thread... Join me if you wish!!!

1444546474850»

Comments

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 8,963

AgitatedRiot said:

Llola Lane said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Llola Lane said:

AgitatedRiot said:

Ha.. that's great Agi.. Not heard that version... Well done artwork... although.. I think Santa best sit down... He's gonna fall off the sled!  lol.  Thanks for helping to keep this thread going.  :)

Christmas magic, even Santa doesn't Understand it.

got'cha (winks)

Santa said he didn't understand how it worked in this movie. It's a very Violent Night but funny and a good movie.

NO thank you .. I'll pass.

• LauritaLaurita Posts: 187

Robert Johnson.

RobertJohnson.jpg
    4500 x 3000 - 3M
    edited January 1

Laurita said:

Robert Johnson.

That is a lovely artwork Laurita... I had to look up who Robert Johnson was... a blues musician... but which song???  I'd love to know more about which song inspired you with this artwork... :)

I think I found your inspiration...

Post edited by Llola Lane on
    edited January 14

Laurita said:

There's the popular myth that Crossroad Blues is actually about Robert Johnson selling his soul to become a better guitar player.

Oh yes... I read that too... I sure hope he didn't sell his soul... We only have 1 and it is precious.  ;)

Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • acbacb Posts: 321
    edited February 2

It is surprisingly rare, that I get inspired by music. And when that happens, it tends to be 'punny' nonsense. wink

"League Of Distortion - Wolf Or Lamb"

Wolf or Lamp

WolfOrLamp.jpg
    1920 x 2560 - 620K
    Post edited by acb on
  • adamsrobtadamsrobt Posts: 66

acb said:

It is surprisingly rare, that I get inspired by music. And when that happens, it tends to be 'punny' nonsense. wink

Wolf or Lamp

I imagine a lot of fun could be had with "misheard lyrics." Love the render! 

acb said:

Wolf or Lamp

Glad I didn't have coffee in my mouth when I saw this artwork.. LOL...  Not my kind of music but your artwork is fun... Thanks for contributing to this thread acb... Well done!

• GordigGordig Posts: 8,925

adamsrobt said:

Fun fact: the word for misheard lyrics is "mondegreen", which is itself a misheard lyric. Some old English folk song contained the line "and laid him on the green", which a lot of people misheard as "and Lady Mondegreen".

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,564

acb said:

Hahaha! :D Very nice render and also a new band for me to check-out. Suprised it's not come up on my YouTube recommendations before as I believe the lead vocalist is also from Exit Eden.

• adamsrobt said:

acb said:

Wolf or Lamp

Omg, love it acb!! laugh And yes adamsrobt, I can imagine we can have a lot of fun doing some renders with "misheard lyrics" for this thread... laugh

As an aside: I remember there was a guy who did all these fun 'misheard lyrics' takes on IG and tiktok. One funny one was how frequently "Lorraine" showed up in songs... https://www.instagram.com/coxy.official/reel/CoaYygJooeg/ And oh goodness, just spotted this one as I went looking him up: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CvpuGWrIenb/

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 14,967
    edited February 5

Place holder.  Posted to wrong thread.  Will do another render inspired by music and post here.

Bug Hunt SciFi Animals Dio for Lola Feb 2024.jpg
    1600 x 1066 - 210K
    Post edited by Diomede on

After you're gone

Gallery Link for used assets.

This one is a bit of a mash-up of two ideas. One that has been milling around in my head for a while and one that relates to a slightly different idea I originally had for a challenge to do a dance-themed render. I think this worked out better than either of the two ideas I had before. As always, I think there are probably a few things I could have added to it but I have to stop and post it at some point and hopefully it makes sense to those of you who haven't had this idea bouncing around your head for the past 6 months.

The inspiration/context is the song "Close to me Always" by Dorothy

Note: I would have posted the official video but it was just a static image of the album cover and so I have linked an unofficial lyric video.

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871
    edited February 22

SofaCitizen said:

After you're gone

Gallery Link for used assets.

This one is a bit of a mash-up of two ideas. One that has been milling around in my head for a while and one that relates to a slightly different idea I originally had for a challenge to do a dance-themed render. I think this worked out better than either of the two ideas I had before. As always, I think there are probably a few things I could have added to it but I have to stop and post it at some point and hopefully it makes sense to those of you who haven't had this idea bouncing around your head for the past 6 months.

The inspiration/context is the song "Close to me Always" by Dorothy

Note: I would have posted the official video but it was just a static image of the album cover and so I have linked an unofficial lyric video.

love it yes

Post edited by XaatXuun on

XaatXuun said:

love it yes

Thank you :)