Who said Blender was hard?

1666768697072»

Comments

• nicstt said:
    TheKD said:

Diffeomorphic seems to be the most developed and works the best IMO these days. https://diffeomorphic.blogspot.com/p/daz-importer-version-14.html

Yes, but sadly doesn't support enough libraries for me.

If it doesn't work with certain assets you need, consider that Thomas is a madman that apparently doesn't sleep and just fixes bugs and adds new features 24 hours a day, if he knew what things didn't work, he could probably fix them quickly. Dealing with Open Source software is different; it is much more responsive to the needs of its user base, and if something doesn't work it is probably because nobody else knows that it doesn't wprk.

You can "help him help you" by submitting a detailed report about how to reproduce the bug.

• marblemarble Posts: 4,358
    edited May 11

I think I am ready to give the Diffeomorphic Importer another try as soon as I'm finished with my current project. Can I just get a few things clear before then, please?

1. Are clothes discrete items (rather than part of the figure as a whole) which can be simulated with the Blender cloth sim. Or would some kind of DAZ Studio > Marvelous Designer > Blender Workflow be better for clothing posing/animation?

2. Is geograft import now working? When I tried it, I seem to remember it imported as a separate mesh sitting on top of the original G8 mesh. It is a while since I tried it and my recall is not the trusty instrument it once was.

In another thread I asked a seasoned user for details of his/her DAZ Studio > Blender animation workflow. A forthcoming tutorial was mentioned which I am eagerly awaiting but I hope others will chime in too.

Post edited by marble on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 9,560
    edited May 11

I have multiple libraries, not just the default (which I don't use) set up by Studio.

If the assets are in a library not included in the 9 (i think it is?) that the plugin allows, then it won't load; but the same is true of Studio, if there are assets in a library you haven't included for Studio, then they also wont load.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 9,560
    edited May 11
    nicstt said:
    TheKD said:

Diffeomorphic seems to be the most developed and works the best IMO these days. https://diffeomorphic.blogspot.com/p/daz-importer-version-14.html

If it doesn't work with certain assets you need, consider that Thomas is a madman that apparently doesn't sleep and just fixes bugs and adds new features 24 hours a day, if he knew what things didn't work, he could probably fix them quickly. Dealing with Open Source software is different; it is much more responsive to the needs of its user base, and if something doesn't work it is probably because nobody else knows that it doesn't wprk.

You can "help him help you" by submitting a detailed report about how to reproduce the bug.

It isn't a bug; it allows a set number of libraries. It used to be 3, but is more now - nine i think. I have about 30 or so, but it varies as i add and remove depending on projects.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • nicstt said:
    nicstt said:
    TheKD said:

It isn't a bug; it allows a set number of libraries. It used to be 3, but is more now - nine i think. I have about 30 or so, but it varies as i add and remove depending on projects.

Oh, gotcha... I did misunderstand.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 2,888
    Have they added the ability to load. Duf pose files with facial& body morph based animation data???