Plushies, I want more plushies

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,991
    edited April 2016
    mmalbert said:

A lot of the add-on textures for the Plushies were Poser only, and as a DS only user I wanted them! I don't know if this new version of DS can do the alpha transparency thing -- I am clueless about more advanced surface materials -- but I got around the problem by just making the files into a texture I could apply in DS.

It may be more work than some folks want to bother with, but I explained what I did here: Giving Rufus his stripes in DS

I did the same thing for a bunch of other add-on textures for the Plushies. It's been a while, but I do remember I used different layer settings on some of them. 

Thanks for the recipe, will try to use it myself. These sparkle materials will be useful, as well.

Post edited by Artini on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Do all the Plushies have "Plushies-" in front of their name? I did a search in the store looking for ALL of the ones that have come over, but only 9 showed up (including the Heff elephant one that I already own) 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,105
    jakiblue said:

Do all the Plushies have "Plushies-" in front of their name? I did a search in the store looking for ALL of the ones that have come over, but only 9 showed up (including the Heff elephant one that I already own) 

When I search for "plushies" I get 20 results (well, 21 but the last one is Star, for whatever reason).

AHA! I searched for "Plushie" instead of "Plushies", that was my mistake!

Thanks Leana! They are so CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leana said:
    jakiblue said:

When I search for "plushies" I get 20 results (well, 21 but the last one is Star, for whatever reason).

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,829

and they are all marked as new so I cannot use my PA coupon on them.   Hmmmm but thank you for telling us how to find them

Leana said:
    jakiblue said:

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,114

and they are all marked as new so I cannot use my PA coupon on them.   Hmmmm but thank you for telling us how to find them

Leana said:
    jakiblue said:

How much of a discount do you want?  They are PC+ items and on sale at $1.49 each!  I'm happy to see them in here.  I wishlisted them all (can't spend much at all right now).  Well, not all...I already have Rufus, Jasper, Nutters and Quinn.  Rufus came with Poser Pro 2010.

Dana

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited April 2016

Here is the download guys:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mj5yjp0rc5f0fbl/PlushiesIray.zip?dl=0

Enjoy!

Includes a PDF on how to use them.

Thanks.

I have most (though not quite all) of the plushies from when they were at RDNA, so while I could have used these last year (when I made this), I'm not surprised or disappointed that they didn't get iray settings until now. :)

Robyn Birthday Banner 2015.png
    1200 x 450 - 838K
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    Artini said:
    mmalbert said:

A lot of the add-on textures for the Plushies were Poser only, and as a DS only user I wanted them! I don't know if this new version of DS can do the alpha transparency thing -- I am clueless about more advanced surface materials -- but I got around the problem by just making the files into a texture I could apply in DS.

It may be more work than some folks want to bother with, but I explained what I did here: Giving Rufus his stripes in DS

I did the same thing for a bunch of other add-on textures for the Plushies. It's been a while, but I do remember I used different layer settings on some of them. 

Thanks for the recipe, will try to use it myself. These sparkle materials will be useful, as well.

You're welcome! Hope they'll be useful for you.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Is there by chance a zebra?  I really need a zebra for a specific project I have in mind.

Now that we are all rediscovering our love for the Plushies, I think we need some enterprising PA to do add on textures for them (3dl and iray) so we can keep on buying!!! It's a Plushies Takeover!!

• jakiblue said:

Now that we are all rediscovering our love for the Plushies, I think we need some enterprising PA to do add on textures for them (3dl and iray) so we can keep on buying!!! It's a Plushies Takeover!!

That would be awesome. Some textures, maybe a few morphs. I'd love a werebear plushie :)

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342

Here is the download guys:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mj5yjp0rc5f0fbl/PlushiesIray.zip?dl=0

Enjoy!

Includes a PDF on how to use them.

Thanks.

I have most (though not quite all) of the plushies from when they were at RDNA, so while I could have used these last year (when I made this), I'm not surprised or disappointed that they didn't get iray settings until now. :)

Wow. You really caught the light in this one. Terrific and cute as well.

mmalbert said:
    Artini said:
    mmalbert said:

You're welcome! Hope they'll be useful for you.

I thank you, too!

(and Traveler for the iray shader)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,264

Which brings up the question of how well do the textures of the expansion sets that just hit the store work in Studio out of the box? 3DL please, I don't expect Iray from textures which have been around for yonks. But are any of these Poser procedurals?

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    JOdel said:

Which brings up the question of how well do the textures of the expansion sets that just hit the store work in Studio out of the box? 3DL please, I don't expect Iray from textures which have been around for yonks. But are any of these Poser procedurals?

I'd like to know the answer, too.  I have some in my cart, but don't want to check out until I know for sure I can use them.

• Well I downloaded a couple of the packs including Rufus Siamese. Now there is a folder for product but nothing there. I tried DIM and manuel installs and nothing shows. Anyone know what I need to do?

• ItsTravelerItsTraveler Posts: 184

Jed: Try the poser poses folder - mats used to be stored there.

I am not 100% sure, but as far as I can see... the textures are map bases, no proceedural effects.

So they should be ok'ish in 3DL (Normal tweakies may apply)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,264

Good-oh. Thanks for the clarification.

• Jed: Try the poser poses folder - mats used to be stored there.

I am not 100% sure, but as far as I can see... the textures are map bases, no proceedural effects.

That's where I found the originals that came with them, but the expansions as far as I can tell don't show up anywhere.

• Daz Studio won't see mt5 files, only mc6 (or pz2). Please report these to support.

I'm still hoping for a zebra....

Daz Studio won't see mt5 files, only mc6 (or pz2). Please report these to support.

I've successfully gone into those files and changed them to mc6 and then they seem to show up and work just fine.  Don't know if you are supposed to do that but it worked for me.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,114

Jed: Try the poser poses folder - mats used to be stored there.

For DS users there was a product called Shaders Revisited Plushies that was a set of shaders for DS for the plushies.  Sadly, I never got to try them out yet, but I did purchase that set.  It was long before iRay, though...but the Uber converter for iRay might work well with them.  Is that product coming here?

Dana

• bad4ubad4u Posts: 684

I know you can edit files manually, but at Content Paradise there is a product "Batch Material Convert" by Netherworks Studios, that - by description - should be able to batch convert mt5 to pz2 mat poses. Would that help for the plushies ? Did someone have it and maybe tested it ? It's $9.99 which seems fair I think..

bad4u said:

I know you can edit files manually, but at Content Paradise there is a product "Batch Material Convert" by Netherworks Studios, that - by description - should be able to batch convert mt5 to pz2 mat poses. Would that help for the plushies ? Did someone have it and maybe tested it ? It's $9.99 which seems fair I think..

I don't have it but I think that process doesn't work anymore. I don't know which version of Studio, but I used to be able to make a couple changes in mt5 files and change the extension to pz2 and they worked, but at some point it failed. I think now you have to name the specific item it's for, not just the generic 'prop'. I don't remember exactly. But now all the pz2's I have that originally were mt5 do absolutely nothing when applied.

• bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
    edited April 2016
    Spit said:
    bad4u said:

I don't have it but I think that process doesn't work anymore. I don't know which version of Studio, but I used to be able to make a couple changes in mt5 files and change the extension to pz2 and they worked, but at some point it failed. I think now you have to name the specific item it's for, not just the generic 'prop'. I don't remember exactly. But now all the pz2's I have that originally were mt5 do absolutely nothing when applied.

I never tried that and only have some notes in german here, but from what I read for props you cannot convert to pz2 if there is no parent item but would want to try mc6 instead (edit: "actor $CURRENT" -> "mtlCollection"), while for figures you would want to try pz2 (edit: "actor $CURRENT" -> "figure"). For parented props you could try pz2 too with keeping "actor $CURRENT". Change to .pz2 and copy file from material to poses folder.

I'd try myself, but I don't have Studio or my runtime installed on new PC yet - still I'm interested if it's possible before I buy more plushies stuff ^^

Post edited by bad4u on
    edited April 2016

I remember doing that - editing the file (adding something to it) and then changing the file extension. I found a tutorial over at DA on how to do it. I didn't realize it no longer works tho :(  

edit: this was the tutorial I used to follow. Haven't done it in a long long time since DS support got bigger. 

http://cyonixgfx.deviantart.com/art/Converting-mc6-Files-to-pz2-194920273

Spit said:
    bad4u said:

Post edited by jakiblue on

@mmalbert mentions a bit of a tut earlier in this thread about some of the add ons that she wasn't able to get working in DS. 

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1108901/#Comment_1108901

jakiblue said:

I remember doing that - editing the file (adding something to it) and then changing the file extension. I found a tutorial over at DA on how to do it. I didn't realize it no longer works tho :(  

edit: this was the tutorial I used to follow. Haven't done it in a long long time since DS support got bigger. 

Spit said:
    bad4u said:

I found this in my notes, something I posted last year sometime but forgot to note the link to the post......

quoting self:

Tobor said:

Answering myself ... I just found this, which might be enough. I have Notepad++.

Anyone use this approach? Comments on how well it works?

Nope. Not now.

I'm getting myself confused remembering all I've gone through with mt5's (which I used to be able to convert to pz2's but now what I did before doesn't work) and mc6's which I used to ignore but now work fine on figures but don't work with old tricks on props.

So now I ignore mt5's entirely and deal only with mc6 because Richard and/or Bejaymac told us how to convert the ones applied to props....you must include the name of the prop the mc6 is to be applied to.

I have this in my notes. I believe posted by Bejaymac.....

Open the PP2 file in a text editor

Near the top you’ll see a line starting with prop

Highlight the line to copy it but stop before you get to the colon.

Now open the MC6 in a text editor

Replace the line mtlCollection with what you just copied from the PP2

Save the modified MC6.

Of course you can batch this in a text editor to those mc6 files that apply different textures to the SAME prop. So it's not like you can do an entire folder at once depending on how many props are involved.

HTH

Edit: MC6 applied to figures work as is. I'm using Studio 4.8 btw.

• I found this add on texture for Rufus pirate outfit but I can't find the actual outfit anywhere. http://www.sharecg.com/v/46468/related/11/Poser/Celebration-2010-Day-12-Celeb-for-Pirate-outfi . Does anyone know if the pirate outfit is available? I have a need for it.