Plushies, I want more plushies

13»

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743

Someone should set up a store selling all the old stuff that's no longer available in the other stores. I'm sure that many of the vendors would love some extra sale.

• Kerya said:

That stinks. I have a story planned with cat pirates and this would have been perfect. I have the Millenium Puss n boots I've played with (see attachment) but Rufus would have been a better fit and easier to work with. Maybe I'll have to create my own outfit.

cat on the water.png
    500 x 598 - 484K
  • thenotoriousjedthenotoriousjed Posts: 397
    edited April 2016

I picked up the Sir Rufus set for the wooden sword and used the Gumdrops pirate hat, eyepatch and earrings I purchased today and fitted to Rufus. Also added the freebie vest for effect. My pirate Rufus I think will work for what I want now. 

rufus pirate.png
    515 x 598 - 176K
    Post edited by thenotoriousjed on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,258

Don't know whether it was at RDNA. If it was, it may be turning up here eventually. There were also expression morphs for each character which haven't ported over yet, those should still be pending.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    JOdel said:

Don't know whether it was at RDNA. If it was, it may be turning up here eventually. There were also expression morphs for each character which haven't ported over yet, those should still be pending.

Expressions:

http://www.daz3d.com/igd-sheepish

http://www.daz3d.com/igd-foxy-face

Additional morphs:

http://www.daz3d.com/drakezilla-morphs

http://www.daz3d.com/wild-morphs-for-wolfie

• I found a page on devientart where the original creator of the pirate for Rufus - Vadlor - has several outfits for him shown including the pirate and says for sale. I messaged the group to see if these are still available. Will post if I hear anything back. Page is http://vacasoft.deviantart.com/gallery/41915367/Available-for-Purchase?offset=0

edited May 2016
    mmalbert said:

A lot of the add-on textures for the Plushies were Poser only, and as a DS only user I wanted them! I don't know if this new version of DS can do the alpha transparency thing -- I am clueless about more advanced surface materials -- but I got around the problem by just making the files into a texture I could apply in DS.

It may be more work than some folks want to bother with, but I explained what I did here: Giving Rufus his stripes in DS

I did the same thing for a bunch of other add-on textures for the Plushies. It's been a while, but I do remember I used different layer settings on some of them. 

Thank you for this tutorial. It took me a little while to make it work in paint shop pro but I finally figured it out. The plushies have forced me to learn a few new tricks with textures and I'm having fun. Also, my last post about the Pirate for rufus I found out it still is availale along with several other sets like a Hellboy for Rufus morph and set by the artist at the previously posted link on devientart.

Caught.png
    1000 x 1000 - 2M
    edited May 2016

Here's one with new content from Vadlor. He has some great textures for Rufus in his sets. Mixed pieces from the pirate, chaos and added the hellboy gun. Made for a scary looking Rufus I wouldn't want to mess with.

Danger Rufus.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
  • mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412

Glad to hear you found the tutorial helpful in getting those textures to work for you!

• I love the plushies too! And I was thinking of new animal characters that should be added in the Plushie Collection.

Hoofed Animals: Donkey, Horse, Zebra, Unicorn, Hippo, Deer, Caribou, Reindeer, Moose, Cow, Bull, Rhino, Bison, Goat, Antelope, Giraffe, Llama, Gazelle, Wildebeest, Impala, Camel, Warthog, Elk, Mountain Goat, and Yak.

Bears: Honey Bear (Texture for Harley), Polar Bear (For Harley), Sloth Bear (For Harley), Sun Bear (For Harley), Spectacled bear (For Harley), Asian black bear (For Harley), and Kodiak bear (For Harley).

CatsCougar, Fisher Cat, Lion, Ocelot, Jaguar, Leopard, Caracal, Bobcat, Lynx, Tiger, Black Panther, Cheetah, Snow Leopard, Saber-Tooth Tiger, Jaguarundi, and Margay.

Dogs: Jackal, Coyote, Dingo, Bush dog, Maned wolf, Grey Fox (For Jasper), Chihuahua (For Daisy), Scottie (For Daisy), German Shepard (For Daisy), Yorkie (For Daisy), Pekinese (For Daisy), Border Collie (For Daisy), Dachshund (For Daisy), Dalmatian (For Daisy), Doberman (For Daisy), Arctic Fox (For Jasper), Fennec Fox (For Jasper), African Wild Dog, Golden Retriever (For Daisy), and Poodle (For Daisy).

Underwater Animals: Whale, Dolphin, Orca, Shark, Snapping Turtle, Crab, Seal, Walus, Goldfish, Eel, Lonfish, Seahorse, Manatee, Sea Otter (For Dexter), Starfish, Lobster, porpoise, Elephant Seal, Lemon shark, Tiger Shark, Coconut crab, 

Reptiles: Crocodile, Alligator, Turtle, Snake, Gecko, Chameleon, Frilled Lizard, Box Turtle, Garter Snake, Sea Turtle, Gila monster, rattlesnake, Marine iguana, and Viper.

Amphibians: Frog, Tadpole, Toad, Newt, Bullfrog, Poison dart frog, strawberry poison frog, Tomato Frog, and Salamander.

Small Mammals: Opossum, Chipmunk, Red Panda, Spotted Skunk (For Chloe), Mouse, Rat, Ferret, Mongoose, Jack Rabbit, Snowshoe Hare, Weasel, Flying Squirrel (For Nutters), Mink, Marten, Fisher, Dormouse, Mole, Shrew, Bandicoot, prairie dog, Gopher, Vole, Pika, Lemming, Ermine, chinchilla, guinea pig, and Capybara.

Birds and Flying Animals: Owl, Swan, Crow, Raven, Flamingo, Pelican, Vulture, Chicken, Rooster, Chick, Goose, Peacock, Bat, Eagle, Hawk, Ostrich, Parrot, Pigeon, Osprey, Harpy Eagle, Golden Eagle, Martial Eagle, Hummingbird, Seagull, Kestrel, Gyrfalcon, Woodpecker, Toucan, Magpie, Puffin, Emu, Kookaburra, Robin, Swallow, Oriole, Bluebird, Mallard Duck (Texure for Tilly), Red Bat, Vampire Bat, and Roadrunner.

Other Mammals: Kangaroo, Tasmanian Devil, Koala, Anteater, Chimpanzee, Orangutan, Gorilla, Hyena, Hamster, Ring-tailed Lemur, Platypus, Armadillo, Meerkat, Mammoth (For Heff), Wolverine, Porcupine, Hedgehog, Badger, Wombat, Quoll, Muskrat, Woodchuck, Groundhog, Sloth, coati, Kinkajou, and Aardvark.

Dinosaurs: Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Tyannosaurus Rex, Corythosaurus, Parasaurolophus, Protoceratops, Apatosaurus, Pteranodon, Brachiosaurus, Kentrosaurus, Gallimimus, Spinosaurus, and Styracosaurus.

Holiday Characters: Gingerbread Man (Christmas), Santa (Christmas), Snowman (Christmas), Turkey (Thanksgiving), Cupid (Valentine's Day), Dove (Valentine's Day), Leprechaun (St. Patrick's Day), Witch (Halloween), and Vampire (Halloween).

• I have some Plushie ideas you might wanna use.

Birthstone Plushies: Garnet, Amethyst, Aquamarine, Diamond, Emerald, Pearl, Ruby, Peridot, Sapphire, Opal, Topaz, and Zircon.

Birthflower Plushies: Carnation, Violet, Daffodil, Daisy, Lily of the Valley, Rose, Larkspur, Gladiolus, Aster, Calendula, Chrysanthemum, and Poinsettia.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I desperately need a zebra plushie.  Both a clean and dirty/bedraggled one although I can to the dirt etc on the texture maps myself.  But I need it to be in the shape of a zebra, and not just stripes added to rufus. 

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited January 2017

Can you imagine what we could do if we could mix them in with the G3F and G3M like we can do with the new Toons and Star 2.0? OMG, that would be amazing! Yes, we need more Plushies please!!!

Post edited by Llynara on
  • Llynara said:

Can you imagine what we could do if we could mix them in with the G3F and G3M like we can do with the new Toons and Star 2.0? OMG, that would be amazing! Yes, we need more Plushies please!!!

I can see if the bank will let me skip a house payment. That's how bad It could be if this happened. Plushies for Genesis 3 and toon generations! I...can't...breathe.....

Right there with you! Maybe we could render some tents and live in those...with our Plushies! HA!

• Llynara said:

Right there with you! Maybe we could render some tents and live in those...with our Plushies! HA!

Hmmm, how do I explain to the wife when we move to a 3D Tent?

LOL! We could render more than one tent. Just tell her you're moving in with the Plushies!