A New Hope

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I pop in when others do. I'm just not spending as much time on-line right now. Trying to get my Mojo back so I can get more work done on my projects.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,962
    edited December 1969

urban dance, this one public http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od1eGp7_zRg

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Tried to take a look at the vid, but got a message about Flash not working. Now a message that Skype Call has quit. I'll try to see it later. I may have to reboot.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

is our club Blum Blum Shub club dying?

Is it not about time, really?
    edited December 1969

Is it not about time, really?This is how the club begain (see Image below) and NO it is not time for people who have become friends to walk away from each other. I like my group of friends, and fall back on them for support many times. Sure things change, people change and skill's might change as well. But I will NEVER walk away from my friends. Even when we argue and disagree it's much better than being alone without any people who care and help as they can when they can.
    BBS_04.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 357K
    edited December 1969

I agree with Jeff. I don't want to give up anybody in this group. To me this is home, my little spot in DAZland, a place where I don't have to deal with imbecils. We've watched each other grow. Why quit now?

I know

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Is it not about time, really?
    This is how the club begain (see Image below) and NO it is not time for people who have become friends to walk away from each other. I like my group of friends, and fall back on them for support many times. Sure things change, people change and skill's might change as well. But I will NEVER walk away from my friends. Even when we argue and disagree it's much better than being alone without any people who care and help as they can when they can.

Actually, I was just meaning the 'club', definitely not the friends. I don't walk away from friends either.

I guess I just haven't posted in here in any meaningful way for so long I've just ignored it all.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I agree with Jeff. I don't want to give up anybody in this group. To me this is home, my little spot in DAZland, a place where I don't have to deal with imbecils. We've watched each other grow. Why quit now?

I know

I see your point. It is nice to have a little corner of the world where one feels outside the asylum!

I will try harder to participate.

edited December 1969

Well, I ended my post with "I know"

I know what? Now I don't remember what I know? Damn, damn, damn.

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

How about an image for a little jump-start? Say hello to Murphy's Lawyer. :)

sgup1111.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 204K
    edited December 1969

jerriecan said:
    Love the Engine effect jerriecan. Is it rendered in or postwork?
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    jerriecan said:
    Love the Engine effect jerriecan. Is it rendered in or postwork?

Some of both, actually - point lights for the surfaces of the model itself, and lens flares in Photoshop for the glow effect. I really like lighting 3d models, something sorely lacking in Photoshop 2d creations. The shadows make my poor computer cry, though. :(

Glad you like it. :)

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited December 1969

I agree, that's a beautiful engine glow. Very cool render overall, actually. I like the background image too. :)

edited December 1969

The first thing I noticed was the alien's face.

edited December 1969

the big kids all pick on me

modded.gif
    460 x 259 - 4M
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    The first thing I noticed was the alien's face.
    Good catch Anne. But I knew how that was done.. Wink wink, nudge.
    edited December 1969

the big kids all pick on me
    Why the HEY am I clapping. Violence is only fun if I'm involved. LOL!!
    edited December 1969

I don't want to be clapping. I'm for the underdog, er, person. I am shocked, yes, shocked, that persons with authority would behave in such a manner.

edited December 1969

I must have missed the alien's face! But I agree that the engine glow is what caught my eye. VERY impressive.

edited December 1969

I cannot find the alien, is it like "where's Wally?'

edited December 1969
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,340
    edited February 2013

I cannot find the alien, is it like "where's Wally?'

I think I see it...but it's somewhat more subtle than this one: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Martian_face_viking.jpg

Those aliens are tricky...to the untrained eye, all of their monuments look like examples of pareidolia. ;-P

Edited to add: Poor little Wendy...but just wait until those kids see her werecat transformation...!

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

I'm just here to say Hi. So HI!! I've left the the other version of this group because One: I either bother others when I need a simple answer and it is not going to be given (Games), and Two: I find myself being two faced in it. I pretend that things that bother me do not, and sometimes I even join in just to fit in with some others. Both those things do not sit well with me.

I hope we can all continue to be friends here. But this is as close as I care to be. At least the Forums have rules we all must follow.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I'm just here to say Hi. So HI!! I've left the the other version of this group because One: I either bother others when I need a simple answer and it is not going to be given (Games), and Two: I find myself being two faced in it. I pretend that things that bother me do not, and sometimes I even join in just to fit in with some others. Both those things do not sit well with me.

I hope we can all continue to be friends here. But this is as close as I care to be. At least the Forums have rules we all must follow.

I know how you feel. I've been close to leaving it a few times recently. Removed one person from my Facebook friends when I got fed up of them, and another when they told me to eff off. I still go in the room but I find myself being rather bitchy. Will be sticking to my other rooms for the most part.

But I do want to be doing more renders, so you'll see more in here soon. Can't post my current ones because they're for contests, but am going to do some for fun.

How is everyone?

edited December 1969

I hadn't even noticed,
    but then, I removed my own brother (and only close family) from facebook
    still love him to death . . . . but NOT on facebook!!!

edited December 1969

Pretty tired - not feeling so well. :(

But at least I've gotten my webcomic officially started! :) Wouldn't have been able to do this without everyone here. I may not participate much, but without your help I would have given up long ago. Thank you all for your advice and for being here when I needed it.

Now, may I present the opening page of... Subject Zero.

s0-0-1_zps65529c32.jpg
    914 x 1200 - 144K
    edited December 1969

Good news Jerrican!
    I HAVE considered whether a web comic would be a better choice for me than animation at times!

edited December 1969

Finally got round to entering a couple of contests. Entered the newbie contest this month because it was a good chance to make use of Bryce, and I entered Stonemason's contest.

WOOHOO!

edited December 1969

Good luck with your entries. That's sincere, not sarcastic, Barry.

edited December 1969

Here's page 2 of Subject Zero. Enjoy! :)

s0-0-2.jpg
    914 x 1200 - 187K