A New Hope

Comments

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Hey folks, everybody just fade away? Missing my Buddies.

Hey man, get with the times. The world ended in 2012 (again) remember? We're all just echoes of our former selves or something like that. :D

How are you doing? And are you making eyes at Anne? You old sly dog you! :p

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey man, get with the times. The world ended in 2012 (again) remember? We're all just echoes of our former selves or something like that. :D

How are you doing? And are you making eyes at Anne? You old sly dog you! :p

I remember the Zombie Wars of 12/21/12 the Aliens did not get to my mind like others who think nothing happened.

As for the Ladies I got a few ladies that I treat like ladies running around. You got a problem wid dat? JK of course.

I'm Good my Friend nice to see you again.
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

*raises hand*

All present and correct here!

About to indulge in another piece of Christmas cake. Long live Dire Betty!

edited December 1969

Well I don't seem to be doing much at all today. Feeling weak and pathetic. But even weak and pathetic people can read, and use computers, so what's my excuse?

edited December 1969

Tis a day of stores and driving for me today, it comes every month about this time. I get my exercise and some stuff I need all in one go. To bad it tuckers me out so much.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Tis a day of stores and driving for me today, it comes every month about this time. I get my exercise and some stuff I need all in one go. To bad it tuckers me out so much.

Well I've managed to upload a couple of filters so at least I've achieved something with my day.

Am thinking about doing a render now.

• cjreynoldscjreynolds Posts: 155
    edited December 1969

Surely this thread hasn't died yet - it's one of my favs!

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Back from the dr and 1 parent is home. Maybe I can get something rendered tonight.

edited December 1969

I'm alive but barily kicking, today.

edited December 1969

Surely this thread hasn't died yet - it's one of my favs!

I don't think it's dead, I think it's just in a coma, waiting to wake up and grab life by the short and curlies.
    edited December 1969

Urgh, seeing a doctor today about my weird shoulder. It hurts, and it tingles, and feels really REALLY weird when I move my neck. And my hand is numb.

Yuck!

edited December 1969

Urgh, seeing a doctor today about my weird shoulder. It hurts, and it tingles, and feels really REALLY weird when I move my neck. And my hand is numb.

Yuck!

Ouch! Sounds like a nerve problem - hope that turns out OK :)

edited December 1969

Good luck with it, BBS. Most people only have a right shoulder and a left shoulder. Throw in your weird one and you must really have a hard time buying clothes. :-)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,962
    edited December 1969

that is exactly what I get with my wiplash damage
    doctor said to have someone hold my head as I put my full weight on my neck.
    no-one handy to do it.

edited December 1969

Hope the BlumBlum gets some good news today. I'm taking time to play at my projects today myself. I'm hoping to get that one little bit closer to starting my new project.

edited December 1969

I was hoping it would be related to my frozen shoulder and the usual steroid injection would help, but apparently it's a different trapped nerve. Doc poked me and prodded me a big and I got a shooting pain down my arm, at which point he said "That should help". Three hours later most of the pain and tingling was gone. It might be a recurring problem though, I don't know.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I remember, some years back, that I had a really sore right shoulder, probably caused by a trapped nerve. Being me I just got on with things as it wasn't too bad but did try to avoid aggravating it. THen one day some of the yougsters in our reenactment group decided to give me the "bumps" on my birthday, despite me yelling at them to stop, because of my shoulder.

THey did stop after a while (the real amount of bumps would have been quite a lot), but strangely enough after that the pain in my shoulder almost disappeared.

edited December 1969

I have been unfriending people on facebook, not my Daz friends or casual aquaintences,
    personal friends, kept my brother/SIL so far but they might go too.
    the reason
    they ARE my friends and family and facebook has been just a tad too feral with those promoted ads etc and messages supposingly from them but not, and I just do not trust it not to do the same with MY identity to my friends or share their photos and stuff I "like" to outsiders.
    I can phone and text these people if I wish to talk to them and know it will be one on one.
    too much sharing and exposing of private messages occuring on facebook for me to be comfortabe with it.
    and there is the matter of my viral youtbe video
    I think it is only a matter of time before my trolls find me.
    if they do, I will drop facebook altogether.

edited December 1969

I don't blame you one bit, Wendy. I have put some of my friends on hide messages from them because of all the garbage.

edited December 1969

I have been unfriending people on facebook, not my Daz friends or casual aquaintences,
    the reason
    they ARE my friends and family and facebook has been just a tad too feral with those promoted ads etc and messages supposingly from them but not, and I just do not trust it not to do the same with MY identity to my friends or share their photos and stuff I "like" to outsiders.
    I can phone and text these people if I wish to talk to them and know it will be one on one.
    too much sharing and exposing of private messages occuring on facebook for me to be comfortabe with it.

Sometimes social media gets too "social" - I don't need to know what each of my friends had for lunch!

edited December 1969

the reason

Sometimes social media gets too "social" - I don't need to know what each of my friends had for lunch!
    Cheese on toast.

edited December 1969

Coffee and fried chicken here.

edited December 1969

Ham Sandwhich and Nacho Chips.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The heart and brain of my mortal enemy -- um, no, I meant, um, a nice salad. Yeah, that's it.

edited January 2013

]I have a dress for Genesis here if anyone wants to try it
    unzip to its own folder and merge content with content and hopefully it will work, included a prop to use with dynamics in Poser.
    I am pretty noob at this content creation stuff, worse case senario just drop the duf into studio with Genesis selected and it should load.
    has a skirt widen morph too.

opps texture needed and readme as I used Talluah flowers as image stamps

20 FLOWER and LEAFY PLANT PNGs - from Launceston's City Park by Tallulahdahling

Fifteen flower images and five leafy plant images.

These png. transparent-background images of flowers and leafy plants were made from photos I took while visiting City Park in Launceston, Tasmania (Australia).

Just install the folder wherever you like to keep your 2-D goodies and floralize away!

TERMS: These images are free for both personal and commercial use. You can give them away for free, but please always include this readme, without changes. You may not *sell* these images as-is (or should that be "as-are"?), but may use them in commercial backgrounds, textures, renders, tee shirts,etc., etc., etc.

You don't have to credit me when you use these images in your personal or commercial art. If it's convenient, and you don't have a long list of other people you have to credit, and you remember who the heck made these pngs, then feel free to credit me! But otherwise, relax. Enjoy. Don't stress. If I see that someone has used these flowers and leafies in some lovely item, I'll be delighted, with or without credit.

Happy artiness!
    Tallulahdahling

mydraped_dress.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
    my_dress_for_Genesis.jpg
    1214 x 2000 - 585K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

Nice dress Wendy. Definitely not noobish at all. I wish more people would create plain, sensible clothes for our characters. I'm fed up with the skimpy, fantasy, sci-fi stuff that we get offered day in and day out. Sometimes you just want to render normal people but you can't unless you jump through hoops to find suitable clothing.

Anyway, how's everyone doing?

edited January 2013

Nice dress Wendy. Definitely not noobish at all. I wish more people would create plain, sensible clothes for our characters. I'm fed up with the skimpy, fantasy, sci-fi stuff that we get offered day in and day out. Sometimes you just want to render normal people but you can't unless you jump through hoops to find suitable clothing.

Anyway, how's everyone doing?

Doing ok thanks Harry, how's you?

And yeah, I agree about the 'normal' clothes. There are a lot of renders with fantasy clothing and I like to do those myself, but not everyone is a hero or a villain. Even fantasy settings have peasants and blacksmiths and 'normal' people.

There's more available for modern people, but it does tend to be more fancy than you'd like. Lots of nightwear, clubwear and going-out-wear, not so much flopping-around-the-house-on-a-lazy-day-wear.

Good dress, Wendy :D

Post edited by BlumBlumShub on
    edited December 1969

I'm good thanks mate. I got interested in astronomy, astrophysics and quantum physics recently and I really wish I hadn't. But it's like opening Pandora's box. Once you've opened it you can never close it again. The end result is that I now feel pretty much insignificant, humbled and confused. Everyone knows the universe is big. It's ginormous even. But very few people truly understand the true scope of it. Once your mind catches a glimpse of understanding of just how vast the universe really is, it shuts down and hides in a corner in pure terror. That's without quantum physics coming along and telling you how small everything really is and that it's all made up of mostly nothing. Great, I feel much better now quantum physics. Thanks a lot. And then we get to the theories regarding black holes and particles turning into waves when nobody is looking and your brain starts to melt. Argh! Lol. :cheese:

edited December 1969

I'm good thanks mate. I got interested in astronomy, astrophysics and quantum physics recently and I really wish I hadn't. But it's like opening Pandora's box. Once you've opened it you can never close it again. The end result is that I now feel pretty much insignificant, humbled and confused. Everyone knows the universe is big. It's ginormous even. But very few people truly understand the true scope of it. Once your mind catches a glimpse of understanding of just how vast the universe really is, it shuts down and hides in a corner in pure terror. That's without quantum physics coming along and telling you how small everything really is and that it's all made up of mostly nothing. Great, I feel much better now quantum physics. Thanks a lot. And then we get to the theories regarding black holes and particles turning into waves when nobody is looking and your brain starts to melt. Argh! Lol. :cheese:

I never got that far into things, I was intrigued by the concept of dark matter and zero point energy at one time, but really didn't follow up on that.

Sometimes I do contemplate the almost-nothingness we are made up of, and it's amazing how we can consider ourselves important, as a species, as an individual, even as a concept, when the universe is infinite. Never looked at the physics of it all, but the general ideas are scary enough.

edited December 1969

Meh, I'm shopping again. Stupid $1.99 items. Stupid shaders. Pimp My prop just looked so awesome I had to grab it. And all that 1950's stuff. I'm staying away from the weekly PC rendering competition thread from now on. That's what got me started!