A New Hope

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

its Nadolig llawen and yes it means Merry Christmas

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Feliz navidad and merry Christmas, y'all.

Tamales and coffee for breakfast, yummy!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Merry Christmas to all the BBSFFC and the other members of the BlumBlumShub thread.

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Merry Christmas! Hope everyone's having a good holiday. :)

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Had a good day, all the family were around and nobody killed anyone!

And I'd forgotten how good Megadeth were, I need to thank Carole for the CD!

edited December 1969

I'm glad it was a nice day for you, Barry. No killing? What did you do, drug everyone? My residents went out to the farm, leaving me with the dogs and cat. It was so nice and peaceful. Crawled back in bed and took a long winter's nap.

edited December 1969

Nice day had here as well, All snug indoors as it was Rain and more Rain all day. Was still a nice day.

edited December 2012

Cold day here - so cold it almost killed my car. :( Now it's broken, temp gauge keeps fluctuating way up and down as I drive. Hope it's a simple fix.

On a brighter note, I've been experimenting with scenes and terrains. :)

desert1aqqaaaacopy.jpg
    1022 x 552 - 163K
    Post edited by jerriecan on
    edited December 1969

Love the terrain, Jerriecan. Love the words too, very apt.

Today will be a bit pants I think. Got social services coming to talk about Daniel, then we've got Carole's stupid parents coming to bore us to death for the traditional Christmas visit! Yippity skippity.

might get some fun before and after.

How is everyone today?

edited December 1969

Installing, installing. We had a bit of cold drizzle a little while ago, but I think that's over. Just gray and dreary now.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Installing, installing. We had a bit of cold drizzle a little while ago, but I think that's over. Just gray and dreary now.

Not installed much for a couple of days. Busy busy busy on Filter Forge. Amazing software.

Weather is still scary here, always seem to be on the brink of floods.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,819
    edited December 2012

and here I am, um 73 Platynumb $1.99 bogo items later.................... :red:

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

So...what's up?

Yes yes, I'm back. I got side tracked by life, love and the universe. Okay okay, just life mostly. Then I got side tracked by these damn sales that are all so good especially when you're a pc member. Heck, I got the whole damn Dream Home set for less than $20! And Carrara Pro for $171? Sure why not. Lol.

I hope you all had a blessed Christmas and all that. I'll try to be less like a cat but I can't promise. Lol.

edited December 1969

welcom back Harry
    and welcome to Carrara land!!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Hi Harry, where you been, we were missing you

edited December 1969

Very nice to see the Harry, hope RL lets you drop in a bit more often.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 2012

@Wendy - Thanks. Carrara is fighting me with geografting at the moment. Any suggestions on how to get it to not fook up the textures? From what I can see it looks like Carrara makes one big UV map or texture map of everything and then tries to apply that to the added bits as well which screws it up royally. Other than that I like new toys and I'm sure I'll enjoy playing with this one. :D

@Pam - Well to make a very long story short, I was away from home for about 3 months as I had to go fix yet another branch for work. It was in really in the middle of nowhere and wifi was non existent. I've been back for 2 months now but I had a lot of other stuff happening and honestly didn't have much time left for hobbies. It's quiet now so hopefully it will stay that way for a while. Until the next branch runs themselves into the ground. And I missed you too. Lol.

@Jeff - Thanks old friend. I'll try to be around more. Life seems to be full of surprises and I do have a cat's personality so I won't make any promises but I'll keep in touch as often as I can which for now should be quite often.

Post edited by Harry Dresden on
    edited December 1969

@Harry I cannot use geografting at all in Carrara so wrong one to ask, have not tried lately , tend to not use Genesis a great deal in Carrara I will admit.
    other stuff fine.

edited December 1969

Well it's nearly the end of the year and I'm proud of what I've achieved this year.

Oh, wait, no, that's someone else!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,385
    edited December 1969

LOL! I've accomplished a lot this year and hope it continues into the next.

edited December 2012

I'm so close with my project, yet still so far away. Hint, never look at your DL's when your a content junky. Bad mojo...

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,385
    edited December 1969

I've got a ton to install to.

edited December 1969

Yay, Harry's back. Please do drop in more often.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Yay, Harry's back. Please do drop in more often.
    Hi my Texas Star, Hope you are well, and the Harry visit was very nice.
    edited December 1969

My eyes are crossed and my head is swimming with items to be downloaded. Did you get all of yours downloaded and installed?

edited December 1969

Downloaded? No. Installed? Umm... I stay a half year behind on installs. So, I'm about as close to done as I ever get. I think.

edited December 1969

I'm so far behind I can't even guess what all needs to be downloaded. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I'm so far behind I can't even guess what all needs to be downloaded. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

I'm actually not that far behind on my installs now. The reformatting of my main drive did knock me for six, but I'm catching up fairly quickly.

I did spend three days doing nothing but content installs. Quite possibly not the most exciting three days of my life, but at least it got the job done.

Today I want to install some more of my Rendo stuff, and also get cracking on a render for a contest.

I also want to make a few goals for next year. Nothing too difficult, but challenging myself in a way that I can deal with, and actually accomplish. I don't do resolutions, like everyone else I always fail them! But if I can set up a few decent goals, I should be able to get cracking.

What's everyone else up to today?

edited December 1969

Hey folks, everybody just fade away? Missing my Buddies.

edited December 1969

I'm still here, just busy. Had to replace my radiator day after Christmas. :( Busy playing with textures and bump maps, and watching all the new tutorials from DAZ. :)