A New Hope

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,944
    edited December 1969

lol! but after your comment, I looked at it
    and
    it DOES look like a beautiful wood carving of a Dragon!
    the black background makes it look like an object rather than a creature.

(and yep, I am tackless and rude a lot, I know people though who NEVER speak their mind, always pretend to be nice in words but their ACTIONS tell another story!)

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

Rawr.

I dunno what else to say.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

The dragon looks like mahogany. The sculptor I worked with did a life-size lion out of mahogany.

Boo hoo, boo hoo. I didn't realize I didn't get a serial number for my C8Pro until after DAZ closed. All I'm getting is a box that I don't have anything to put in and a message that my trial period has expired. Hell, I haven't even had it 24 hours and already broke it.

Guess I'll have to just play with Studio until Monday. Or I could rake the leaves in the backyard. Or clean the house. No, I'm going to play.

edited December 1969

Don't you automatically get a number?

edited December 1969

I thought so, but I didn't. I even refreshed my page. I wish I had checked on it before they closed. Now I can't get one until Monday. I've added it to my support ticket.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Did you check to see if there was a second page?

edited October 2012

so sad Anne, on the brightside you can use the C8.5beta!!
    serial on forum.
    my aquarium video all 10 looping minutes!
    in the tank a short slideshow from the inside

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

I want to meet this guy. Really, really, really, really do!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4uG2kSdd-4

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Wendy, I love the fishtank, that's VERY cool.

Anne, there's a serial number printed on the website for 8.5 pro which I think said you can use until November.

Got no sleep. Now that Daniel's gone I am worried that the little swine will break in and rob us blind. I can't win can I?

edited December 1969

lol! but after your comment, I looked at it
    and
    it DOES look like a beautiful wood carving of a Dragon!
    the black background makes it look like an object rather than a creature.

(and yep, I am tackless and rude a lot, I know people though who NEVER speak their mind, always pretend to be nice in words but their ACTIONS tell another story!)

I think my actions are as honest as my mouth.
    edited December 1969

Anne, install the native content into BOTH Carrara's, ie run the installer twice with your beta in another folder or installed to another drive even.
    you can also manually add it to the beta but for presets like brushes etc to work it must be in the preset folder in the folder your Carrara exe is in.
    this extra beta folder CAN be installed on an external drive, might run a tad slower but if drive space is an issue prob outweighs it.

edited December 1969

Got no sleep. Now that Daniel's gone I am worried that the little swine will break in and rob us blind. I can't win can I?

Poor kid. What did his mom do to him?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

OMG Wendy did a fish tank on meth. Barry could you ask for extra patrols in your area? Anne you should have gotten a serial by the next day I do believe.

edited December 1969

Anne, install the native content into BOTH Carrara's, ie run the installer twice with your beta in another folder or installed to another drive even.
    you can also manually add it to the beta but for presets like brushes etc to work it must be in the preset folder in the folder your Carrara exe is in.
    this extra beta folder CAN be installed on an external drive, might run a tad slower but if drive space is an issue prob outweighs it.

I hit on this solution before I went to bed. Just thought I would give it a try, manually adding content to beta and it works. Now I'm happy because I can use it. I'll be way too busy to rake leaves or clean the house. Just sit on my arse at the computer.

edited December 1969

good, the beta quite good, in many ways better than the production build, I myself have no issues with it except Poser dynamic cloth dyntomorph scene imports but I just use the non-beta 32bit, save the scene then open it in the 64bit.

edited December 1969

I want to thank all of you for your concern and suggestions about the serial number. The beta is what made me love Carrara, so I have no problems using it. In fact, DAZ included another copy of the beta in this download package.

Barry, I don't know what you are going to do about Daniel. My family went through the same thing with my brother. My father bailed him out over and over until he was declared incompetent and I took charge of his affairs. The last time my dad saw my brother was in a courtroom and he wasn't allowed to speak to him. He died knowing my brother was in a mental facility.

Wendy, I love your aquarium. It's great.

Chohole, so glad you took some time to play. It's good for the soul.

Now to install the rest of the content to both C's.

edited December 1969

Poor kid. What did his mom do to him?
    I don't understand the question. Daniel is not a poor kid, he's evil.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,514
    edited December 1969

Sadly I feel the same way about my brother. I don't leave him alone when he's at my house. He has drug problems and has been in and out of jail for it and robbery.

edited December 1969

That would be my nephew, doing 8 to life right now. I'm in the LIFE group (4 strikes for drugs and thief) I love him but I would so be Please do not let him out in a hearing for parole.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,514
    edited December 1969

My parents use to joke with us all the time. I was a cop so we had a real life cops and robbers

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Problem is in the UK they are going so soft oon young offenders. Heck they give them "Asbos" and the kids use them for bragging rights.

My young brother, when he was early teens got involved with some tearaways. He was always easy led. At that time we had a proper justice system, even for youngsters, and he got 18months to 2 years at an "Approved School", the other guys got sent to a Borstall, or young offenders Institution as they call them now.

I can remember my parents were mortified, couldn't understand why he had done this, even though he was only marginally involved.

Point being, that time away from home, at what my parents insisted on calling a "Boarding School" really did him the world of good. The kids did normal schooling, and also were taught all sorts of trades and such. Just not allowed home for the time they were there, and very few visits from family. He was a different person when he came home.

Now, instead of being sent to places like that they get an asbo. (Anti Social Behaviour Order) In other words they are told "naughty boy, don't do it again" Really, how is that going to help a kid see the error of his or her ways??

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Problem is in the UK they are going so soft oon young offenders. Heck they give them "Asbos" and the kids use them for bragging rights.

My young brother, when he was early teens got involved with some tearaways. He was always easy led. At that time we had a proper justice system, even for youngsters, and he got 18months to 2 years at an "Approved School", the other guys got sent to a Borstall, or young offenders Institution as they call them now.

I can remember my parents were mortified, couldn't understand why he had done this, even though he was only marginally involved.

Point being, that time away from home, at what my parents insisted on calling a "Boarding School" really did him the world of good. The kids did normal schooling, and also were taught all sorts of trades and such. Just not allowed home for the time they were there, and very few visits from family. He was a different person when he came home.

Now, instead of being sent to places like that they get an asbo. (Anti Social Behaviour Order) In other words they are told "naughty boy, don't do it again" Really, how is that going to help a kid see the error of his or her ways??

Daniel is what we used to call a no-hoper, and further back we'd call him a ne'er-do-well.

Deep deep DEEP down he's got a heart of gold, I have to say that because I've seen some actions that have proven that, but it's so far down that for him to become a decent member of society he's going to have to dig for a long time.

I do think he's got a drug problem, but I don't know what kind, weve never found any in his room, college bag or pockets, but sometimes his eyes are just... well, drug-eyed.

Either way, he's not a nice guy. Something like the American style boot camp might do him good, but basically he's being given chance after chance after chance by the law, and from our point of view it's just had to stop. So he's gone.

edited December 1969

My dad liked to believe that my brother was just going through a phase and would grow out of it. His first arrest was at 15 and his last at 59. Daddy would always bail him out, pay for a lawyer, and get him off. The last time his parting words were "Hah, the old man will have me out in 15 minutes." He forgot I was in charge, not the old man, and I said Nope, keep him. After the last charge was dismissed, he was sent from the hospital to a nursing home and only death will release him.

If Daniel keeps getting turned loose, he will probably turn out the same way. Next time he's arrested (anjd he will be) they should lock him up for a long time.

edited December 1969

Jaderail, did you go to a new barber?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Jaderail, did you go to a new barber?

Remember the trouble he was having with that crown? He found a solution.

edited December 1969

but he lost his crown too!

edited December 1969

It's not me folks, its DAZ, they stole my hair and put it on sale. SEE! Jade Hair ! They tried to hide what they did by making it a Female WIG but I knew somthing was up as soon as I felt the breeze on my scalp. Heads will roll for this I promise!

Disclaimer: In no way is this to be seen as an endorsement for the item, your hair could be next.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    It's not me folks, its DAZ, they stole my hair and put it on sale. SEE! Jade Hair ! They tried to hide what they did by making it a Female WIG but I knew somthing was up as soon as I felt the breeze on my scalp. Heads will roll for this I promise!

Disclaimer: In no way is this to be seen as an endorsement for the item, your hair could be next.

Or are you actually a woman in disguise? I said while hiding.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Or are you actually a woman in disguise? I said while hiding.I will let that one slide, I may need to do some up close studies of you as an opponent. I understand you are well versed in combat. He says as he fingers the edge on his Vorpal Sword..

edited December 1969

NOTE TO PAM: Daz just handed me this one, so I'm running with it. :)