Jaderail said:
    bigh said:
    get off me
    who

I love you, in a none sex involved way.

:lol:

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

I love you all, and it doesn't matter whether there's sex involved or not, I'm too damn tired anyway!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Do you have a headache as well ? :roll: :coolgrin:

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Do you have a headache as well ? :roll: :coolgrin:
    If he doesn't I'm going to make sure I develop one as fast as possible.
    edited December 1969

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

funny-animal-captions-ah-man-ive-got-a-splitting-headache.jpg
    500 x 375 - 72K
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

As a wise old owl once asked, "Who, me?"

"Neigh, neigh," replied the horse.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,944
    edited October 2012

a really quick shot of my hooters

2012-10-19_11.33_.48-1_.jpg
    473 x 621 - 27K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

a really quick shot of my hooters

:lol::lol::lol:

You know, we have a thread for those.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

Aw man...if I had Facegen I'd take this opportunity for pasyback! :D

edited December 1969

I just got an email from DAZ showing their new feature, Multi-Pay. I think it has broken the store. Barry, you may be due a refund on Carrara Pro. It's now available for 3 monthly payments of $59. As soon as the store gets fixed, I'm going for it.

edited December 1969

SAY WHAT?

edited December 1969

It was in the newsletter that I got at 6:52 pm. Check your mailbox. Don't you get the weekly newsletters?

edited December 1969

Yeah, I got something about Multipay but didn't read it.

edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2012/pe/prodemail10_18_12a.html

For the latest newsletter (and in case they get the store up and running.

I wonder how much an upgrade to 8.5 will cost. I look for it to be released by Nov 1 or very shortly thereafter.

edited December 1969

Yeah, I got something about Multipay but didn't read it.

Good Lord, boy! Read those damn emails or you'll lose out.

edited December 1969

I just did, but I can't read white text very well. Last time I tried to read white text, my eyeballs almost exploded.

edited December 1969

Purchasing it is a bit tricky though. I quickly fired off a request to sales support because it came up at a higher price in the store. Then I went back to make sure I was logged in. I was. I finally got back to the Carrara 8 Pro in the store by going through the newletter link. Hmmm, still shows a higher price. Decided to go ahead and add it to my cart. Clicked the drop -down for Multi-Pay and hallelujah the $59 price appeared. Hit that Cart button and tore off. Got to check out and it still showed $99 so I went on through the usual steps and the $40 discount was applied and it's 10 pages of files sitting in my Downloads.

Whee! I was going to bed, but now I'm going to stay up as long as I can downloading, then tomorrow I can install and start playing with the rest of you big kids.

edited December 1969

Um...To me, multipay sounds like a down payment thing, where you pay bit by bit until you've paid off that massive price tag...

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,944
    edited December 1969

I am glad you finally got C8pro Anne, hope you like it as much as me, only issues I have with the beta are ALL Genesis related so do try that too!
    I indeed like using Genesis in C8.5 but I get a lot of crashes too, do lots of saving and often have to open task manager to kill it when frozen.
    otherwise on my previous crappy laptop, Carrara always worked where Daz studio did not so much so I think you will grow to love it too.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I just got an email from DAZ showing their new feature, Multi-Pay. I think it has broken the store. Barry, you may be due a refund on Carrara Pro. It's now available for 3 monthly payments of $59. As soon as the store gets fixed, I'm going for it.

I don't want a refund, but yeah, I really recommend getting Carrara Pro, it's amazingly easy to use, the only thing that needs work with content bought from here, compared to using it in DS, is the shaders. They look ok 'straight from the box', but sorting out proper shaders for Carrara gives a massive improvement to the image. Shaders work similarly, but differently, to DS. You do have a lot more control over them.

I used to think of Carrara as Daz Studio Plus, but it's really more than that. It's more like Maya Lite, and it's only Lite because the actual render engine isn't quite as nice as Maya's Mentalray setup. It does a heck of a lot that Maya does, but it seems easier, and you do have less control, but you don't notice unless you need that power.

In Carrara I have a finished image, a fox in a forest. In Maya I have... erm... blobs, and a few boxes, and something that might resemble a tree if you squint.

My advice, get Carrara, you won't regret it.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2012/pe/prodemail10_18_12a.html

For the latest newsletter (and in case they get the store up and running.

I wonder how much an upgrade to 8.5 will cost. I look for it to be released by Nov 1 or very shortly thereafter.

dream along with me - I off to see the wiZ erd

edited December 1969

I just finished downloading C8Pro. It came with 8.5 also, which I assume is still the beta. Most massive d/l I've ever down. I'll start installing and asking questions when I get up tomorrow. No, wait, it is already tomorrow. I'll get up in a few hours and start. I'm so excited I hope I can get to sleep.

edited December 1969

Can we team up on Jeff and Pam and and turn them into Carrarans too? :P

edited December 1969

I thought Pam was a Carraran. Jeff, I don't know about.

I'm not clear on how the Multi-Pay works. They only took $59 + tax from me. It's listed as a subscription so I guess they'll automatically take the other two payments out of my account.

edited December 1969

Nope, Pam is a Bryceaholic. Maybe I should say Carraraholics, lol.

edited December 1969

I used to use Carrara before it ever became carrara. Way way back when it was still Ray Dream Studio. It has changed a bit, but no, you are never going to turn me into a carraraist. Never happen.

Bryce Rules, OK

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Morning all you Carrara peeps. You can all gang up on me all you like. I'm not moving to another program until I can use the ones I have.
    Here is the list, Bryce, Blender, Carrara, Daz Studio, Hexagon, and Vue 9 and Vue 10. Plus four or five little off the wall things that create content as well, like Wings, Pegasus Modeler, Ivy Gen, Face Gen, Archipelis Designer and others I'm sure I've missed. So when you folks focus on just one app, I'm bouncing all over the place. And that's the way I like it. I use DS the most because it was the very first 3D renderer I got when I retired, and I have spent the most time with it.

I learn at my own pace, I'm good with DS and right now Bryce and Hex are my other main learn as I go apps. I also play with Face Gen and Archipelis Designer from time to time, but I'm just goofing with those for fun. Carrara is on my to do list just not at this time.

edited December 1969

That's okay, Jeff and Pam. We need y'all to keep us grounded.