A New Hope

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

OMG! I just had a idea for my RRRR contest render that totally went CLICK. I have content to install, layers to render, shaders to abuse and much much more. This will be one of my most ambitious renders to date. I'm so Jazzed.

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Pah, was considering getting the Mestopholes Dragon but I can't be bothered messing with DS shaders! Things in the Daz store should come with Daz shaders, dammit!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Why ?

THere are other people around you know, not 100% of people use DS.

edited December 1969

The Bugger comes with 5 textures as well. You only need to mess with shaders if you want to.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,944
    edited December 1969

Pah, was considering getting the Mestopholes Dragon but I can't be bothered messing with DS shaders! Things in the Daz store should come with Daz shaders, dammit!

you could use it in Carrara!
    I ALWAYS use the Poser shaders for Carrara, just need to turn highlight to none on a lot of them.
    edited October 2012

Poser Textures load fine in DS, all you need to edit if, it needs it, most of the time is Spec Reflec and Ambient. They can be done global (all spec at once for example) Lot's of Poser textures look good in DS.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited October 2012
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,514
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Poser Textures load fine in DS, all you need to edit if, it needs it, most of the time is Spec Reflec and Ambient. They can be done global (all spec at once for example) Lot's of Poser textures look good in DS.

Bump and displacement need to be adjusted as well. Poser and DS read it differently

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Erm... Maybe this is one of those times when I should just shut up, but you know me better, right?

Ok, here goes...

I think that render looks like carved wood.

And now my fat little legs are carrying me as fast as I can run. But I'm easy to catch.

Sorry Adam.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Jaderail said:

Bump and displacement need to be adjusted as well. Poser and DS read it differentlyI always play with those on a texture anyway, I forget to mention them. Good catch.

edited December 1969

Erm... Maybe this is one of those times when I should just shut up, but you know me better, right?

Ok, here goes...

And now my fat little legs are carrying me as fast as I can run. But I'm easy to catch.

Sorry Adam.And what part of a dragons scales are HARD did you not get in all the myths? He says as he stirs the nest...

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Frank0314 said:
    Jaderail said:

Bump and displacement need to be adjusted as well. Poser and DS read it differently

I always play with those on a texture anyway, I forget to mention them. Good catch.
    Yeah I really hate the bump/displacement transforms, and not a massive fan of messing with the spec and such either.

To answer Pam's "Why? Not everyone uses DS" point, I have to say that I know they don't, but more people might if things worked for it right out of the box. Again, just an opinion, not trying to start a war.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Ok, here goes...

Sorry Adam.

And what part of a dragons scales are HARD did you not get in all the myths? He says as he stirs the nest...
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I just kind of see in my own head dragon scales being more like lizard scales than oak.
    edited December 1969

Ok, so we agree to differ and move on to a new topic. Have you seen Wendy.s fish tank yet.

edited December 1969

LOL! Hook line and sinker. Anybody know the fishing limit on Smiley face Avatars this year?

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Ok, so we agree to differ and move on to a new topic. Have you seen Wendy.s fish tank yet.
    Is it done? I've seen some WIP but not a finished ani yet.
    edited December 1969

I looped the 97 frames into a 10 minute animation, almost 2GB so will take a while to upload to Youtube and bore all my subscribers to tears!!!

edited October 2012

Just wanted to change the subject, and lolcats get a bit boring Lol and shmmying mermen are certainly different, especially with sharks in the tank

edited December 1969

I looped the 97 frames into a 10 minute animation, almost 2GB so will take a while to upload to Youtube and bore all my subscribers to tears!!!
    Perfect for my break.

Are you done yet?

What about now?

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Just wanted to change the subject, and lolcats get a bit boring Lol and shmmying mermen are certainly different, especially with sharks in the tank

Changing the subject is fine. I get that. I'm not annoyed at all.

But...

Saying lolcats get a bit boring? COME ON, that's fighting talk!

edited October 2012

I finished a render today, instead of yacking on in the forums like some do :coolsmirk:

Dancing in the Moonlight (goes biggerer)

Moongate_spooky_2_copy.jpg
    675 x 900 - 410K
    edited December 1969

nice an seasonal Pam
    for impatient Jade, the tiny gif version (the full HD gif is 66MB) png sequences definately my prefered save option but I did both.

tank.gif
    600 x 338 - 9M
    edited December 1969

in the tank is taking much longer

merman000.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 692K
    edited December 1969

that gif is right on the forum file size limit btw as most of mine are, can Daz keep hosting all these uploaded files?
    embedding would be soooooo much better for them!

edited December 1969

Classic, this is going to be good. Thanks for the peek.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I finished a render today, instead of yacking on in the forums like some do :coolsmirk:

Well... I guess that's me told!
    edited October 2012

chohole said:

Hey, I've been installing and rendering and setting up Effect props. I've installed my Modular Command Chair twice now but the darn thing is lost in my monster of a category folder. I'll have to uninstall it and then I'll have to fix my Categories and install it one more time. It's already set up but I can not find it. I've got stuff in places that I would never think to look now, it made sense when I did it way back when. Not any longer.

P.S. Nice render.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Nope, wasn't getting on at you this time Barry. It all pertains to an ongoing race between Jeff and myself. If he would do some more renders, instead of posting all over the place he wouldn't be catching me up. I worked really hard to get to the top of the table, with not too many posts just for the sake of posting. Tis just that the coming of DSON has stopped so many of the threads that took so much calming down, so he can catch up now.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Well... I guess that's me told!

Not You old man, I got Pam to sweating. Slowly eating her lead and I might add, I'm not posting just to post either. I'm playing fair and square. :cheese:

edited October 2012

chohole said:
    Nope, wasn't getting on at you this time Barry. It all pertains to an ongoing race between Jeff and myself. If he would do some more renders, instead of posting all over the place he wouldn't be catching me up. I worked really hard to get to the top of the table, with not too many posts just for the sake of posting. Tis just that the coming of DSON has stopped so many of the threads that took so much calming down, so he can catch up now.

What's DSON?

I've had a nightmare of a couple of days. It's the stepson again. But this time he's left, and I'm hoping it's for good. He's moved in with his sister. I think this is a mistake from his sister's point of view, but I don't care, I need him gone and this is all good enough for me.

Today, while I was out enjoying my day with a friend, Daniel was kicking down the shed door, stealing various things and would have got away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids... oh, no, wait, he would have got away with it if Carole and I hadn't walked in and caught him red handed! So he stomped, threw his toys out of the pram and left. And his sister contacted him and the rest, hopefully, is history.

Now I can concentrate on the youngest kid, Jade, who is actually very sweet.

Wish us luck.

And... erm... I know none of the above is an excuse for rudeness but please, Adam and everyone, forgive my comments about wood. Sometimes what I think should never leave my brain, and I was rude. Not the first time, won't be the last, but I do regret it. As always.

I once read in a Garfield comic "Why is it that people who speak their minds usually have nasty ones?" and I don't like how that applies to me these days!

Off to bed, nighty night.

{edit} - PS, I bought the dragon, looking forward to playing with Carrara sometime over the weekend.

Post edited by BlumBlumShub on