A New Hope

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,825
    edited October 2012

yes, seen that, he made his videos in very short segments as Carrara kept crashing too!
    talked about it on the old forum.
    I had similar issues on my laptop with Daz studio but persevered so know what it is like (but nowhere near as good at it!!)

actually got the shock of my life when studio crashed on my desktop yesterday!!
    has not I think since I bought it!!! (the desktop computer, Carrara C8.5beta does frequently)
    Mec4 beard and bodyhair bushed to the max in a render did it.
    but it was the 32bit I used for lipsync, I should have saved and rendered it in the 64bit.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

I should not hae talked smack about betas yesterday.. Your DS and my Carrara crashed after that.

Oops, sorry. Betas are cool. :D

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Really enjoyed that Fields of Fire one, Jacob. The other one dragged on a bit so I closed it after a couple of minutes!

@Jeff: I love nature, but I hate living in it! The floor makes a very uncomfortable bed, the bugs make uncomfortable bedmates and a tent is horrible. Give me a five star hotel any day!

edited December 1969

Yeah, I got bored with the second one too.

I'm an outside type as well. But I'm too bloody stuck on my computer. If trees trees had outlet sockets, I'd spend all my time camping.

edited October 2012

I am getting frustrated with my content. I've spent a bloody fortune on 'stuff' and every time I want to do something I find that I haven't got what I need.

I am working on my entry for the newbie contest and I'm fed up of trying to get shoes/boots to fit with Genesis, and I'm VERY fed up that I haven't got any 'normal' clothing, it's all fantasy or sci fi or skimpy.

GRRRRRRRRRR and such.

{edit} - I was actually thinking of getting some shoes/boots for Genesis but there's SO little to choose from it seems. That's just a bit annoying when Autofit doesn't work!

Dear content creators, Genesis needs shoes, thank's for listening :D

Post edited by BlumBlumShub on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Have you looked at a vendor called Dogz. He made a whole shoe set for Genesis adn the gen 4 figures, and his 3 in 1 outfot also has 3 variants of shoes and that is just for Genesisi

edited October 2012

chohole said:
    Have you looked at a vendor called Dogz. He made a whole shoe set for Genesis adn the gen 4 figures, and his 3 in 1 outfot also has 3 variants of shoes and that is just for Genesisi

Yeah, I found his stuff and it looks brilliant. However, it's also got a hefty price tag. I'm going to have to shop around before I plant that much cash into shoes. I wouldn't even pay that for a pair of shoes for me!

{edit} - Seems there are quite a few really nice shoes in some of the $1.99 and even $0.99 clothing sets, so I'm buying some of those. Don't know why I haven't already done that in fact.

edited December 1969

This isn't a whinge, this is purely a "wouldn't it be nice if..."

Wouldn't it be nice if you got a bundle from Daz and had the option to just download and install the whole lot at once?

Oooooooh yes!

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

yes, my "blood" was just a plain shader, no refraction, reflection, transparency or anything, the render times would be horrendous.
    looks better animated but not in the one I uploaded!
    I posted a teaser where I accidently ticked freeze for the emiter so the blood spurts up then freezes looking like is does in the render.
    look at my Alien v Predator video, the kiss to see what particles CAN look like, and bear in mind it took 2 days to render THAT!!

Anne, I only posted it last week, Wednesday I think, Australia is on the other side of the World, downunder.
    and, they lose stuff on planes too! I had to give an insurance quote!! incase they lose it!!!
    (not saying they will %-P so don't panic!!!)

At least it's not coming Pony Express. I'm just eager to start using it.

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Aargh! :( Just bought a new laptop, sprung for the total replacement plan because I'm a klutz and I'll probably need it - and now I can't get the damn total replacement plan to register! Typed in all the relevant info three times, and still, no plan listed! I paid almost two hundred bucks for this??? I'm about ready to take the damn thing back and go to Wally World.

Just breathe. *tries to calm down* Not a good day. Needed to vent a bit.

(a very stressed)
    Jerriecan

edited December 1969

By all means vent away, I do it often enough!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I as well, venting is my strong point.

edited December 1969

I have my days as well

heat_vent-cat-phoebe-funny-comic.jpg
    640 x 480 - 154K
    edited October 2012

Today I am sleepy. Just thought I'd say!

And Windows did its usual trick of rebooting to update while I'm in the middle of a render. And I could have sworn I stopped it from doing that! Still, at least I had my scene saved so not actually lost any work, just render time.

{edit} - I have never done such a complicated image, nor ever spent this long on creating one. I am so proud!

edited December 1969

I set mine the same but noticed it still did it sometimes for no known reason. It's a real PITA. I've got Dialysis in 6hrs and not one lick of sleep. I will not make it, I'll crash hard in another hour or two and that will be that. I tried so hard to sleep, but nothing helps. Oh well, I've missed a treatment from time to time, I'll be just fine.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I set mine the same but noticed it still did it sometimes for no known reason. It's a real PITA. I've got Dialysis in 6hrs and not one lick of sleep. I will not make it, I'll crash hard in another hour or two and that will be that. I tried so hard to sleep, but nothing helps. Oh well, I've missed a treatment from time to time, I'll be just fine.

So long as you're sure you'll be fine. I hate to think of you being even more ill than normal.

I've got an appointment with endocronology today but need to cancel it because I'm going to be busy being a chauffeur instead :(

The render is rendering on (to quote me ol' mate Jeff).

edited December 1969

They did put me on twice weekly for awhile Barry, It only STARTED to get bad after six weeks. As long as I don't miss time after time I will be fine. My Numbers are perfect right now and my weight is normal so no fluid build up. I'm good, this has happened before.

edited December 1969

My brother has been depressed all week. He is a genius, so I didn't know what to tell him to help him. But today, I learned the truth and told him He's better now. I also remembered somedthing I'd learned by experience and wrote this on Facebook:

People have a tendency to make each other a prisoner of what they don't knpw. We go around assuming and believing the worst and hurting ourselves with it. That's why we should set each other free with the truth, een if the worst is true. The unknown is pain, but the truth is freedom.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    They did put me on twice weekly for awhile Barry, It only STARTED to get bad after six weeks. As long as I don't miss time after time I will be fine. My Numbers are perfect right now and my weight is normal so no fluid build up. I'm good, this has happened before.

That's ok then!

I've got a doc's appointment today because I felt a bit funny on the way home from taking Carole to work, and it's happened a few times lately. He'll probably tell me it's because I'm a diabetic with a cold, but I want to get checked out, especially since I've got to pick her up again later, and get the kids from school!

My render was horrible! Far too dark even for a night scene. Two of the characters couldn't even be seen without ramping up my monitor's brightness! Taking the lighting back to the drawing board, there's a fair amount happening in the image now, it needs attention!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

guess I will go take a nap - nothing going on here
    I feel for you guys - what you going to do when you get my age

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Hmm... lets see. I'll be on enough med's for the pain I will be a living bowl of jell-o. All the knob's and stuff will have turned me into some weird origami shaped looking thing and I'll be riding around on a powered wheel chair thing giving everybody heck with the Beep Beep horn. Last but not least I'll be posting to the forums using a voice controlled PC so all the users can hear my long drawn out stories about the old days when we still had to use a mouse to set up scenes, lights, and sets because DS4.5 did not build VR worlds with VR actors for full length movies just by telling it too like DS56.3 does.

That's pretty much what I expect to be doing.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    bigh said:
    Hmm... lets see. I'll be on enough med's for the pain I will be a living bowl of jell-o. All the knob's and stuff will have turned me into some weird origami shaped looking thing and I'll be riding around on a powered wheel chair thing giving everybody heck with the Beep Beep horn. Last but not least I'll be posting to the forums using a voice controlled PC so all the users can hear my long drawn out stories about the old days when we still had to use a mouse to set up scenes, lights, and sets because DS4.5 did not build VR worlds with VR actors for full length movies just by telling it too like DS56.3 does.

cool - at least there hope then

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Jaderail said:
    bigh said:

cool - at least there hope then
    Will make World of Warcraft something to laugh about in that "oh you remember the days when..." kind of way.

edited December 1969

I don't hae to worry about getting wrinkly. I'm part Filipino and Filipinos don't age ry fast.

edited December 1969

I don't hae to worry about getting wrinkly. I'm part Filipino and Filipinos don't age ry fast.
    Come hang out with me for a few years, my lifestyle, eating this southern food, and the SUN will wrinkle you up real good before you leave.
    edited October 2012

:coolgrin: Heck, by the time Jacob gets to bigh's advanced age medical science will have solved the problem's about getting old and he will be able to look just the same as he does now. 95 will be the new 25 by that time I reckon.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    :coolgrin: Heck, by the time Jacob gets to bigh's advanced age medical science will have solved the problem's about getting old and he will be able to look just the same as he does now. 95 will be the new 25 by that time I reckon.

good one :lol:

edited December 1969

chohole said:

I feel older than 95 now!
    edited December 1969

I feel older than 95 now!
    You better stop feeling that older than 95, they could call the cop's on you. Never mind at least your not a pedo type.
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,825
    edited December 1969

grope-a-granny