A New Hope

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The part I avoid, the snowy parts. Colder here as well this week. What Ever Frank gets I get days later.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

We are just south of Lake Erie so we get the lake effect snow which is horrid

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

I hate snow, snow is evil.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

We don't normally get snow till after Christmas, although it can get darn cold up here. I like the snow, I am strange. Used to get snow when we lived in Kent, missed it when I moved to Surrey. Now we get lot's of it up here, and I love it.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

We normally start getting snow around the middle of November. I think it may come early this year

edited December 1969

We had none this year so I was very happy, but the year before was horrible.

edited December 1969

Opps: I felt good enough to do a little work so I missed this snow stuff. We got a couple of light dusting's but nothing hard enough to ice up the roads this year. I even went all the way to the clinic in the snow one morning, 21 miles I think, I was praying the whole way. The roads were nice and clear by the time I came off the machine and left.

edited December 1969

Off to bed for me now. Nighty night guys, look after yourselves or I'll have to waggle my finger.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

It's just been cloudy and rainy here all week, but today was sunny.

edited December 1969

Oh oh oh I am so bouncy!!!

I got Carrara 8 Pro downloading and I am sooooooooo bouncy!

NEW TOY, and yet familiar too. Doesn't get better than this.

Did I mention bouncy?

How is everyone else?

edited December 1969

Off to the store soon, 3 hour shopping spree. Then more coding for props. Same as normal mostly, feeling good again.

edited December 1969

Did I mention bouncy?

How is everyone else?

I think you been bouncing up and down on me, i feel somewhat less than bouncy. Did I really volunteer for this. :roll:
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Did I mention bouncy?

How is everyone else?

I think you been bouncing up and down on me, i feel somewhat less than bouncy. Did I really volunteer for this. :roll:
    I'm not sure what you volunteered for. Someone giving you grief?

Got to say, I am once again impressed with Britney, she has a lot of patience even with an idiot like me!

edited October 2012

chohole said:
    Yes, and I did as well, we got to take it as it comes. But I'm running off for awhile so it's all yours and the others for awhile.

P.S. Ruff day so far, lots of questions.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Yes Barry, I agree with you about Britney, she deserves a medal.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    chohole said:
    Yes, and I did as well, we got to take it as it comes. But I'm running off for awhile so it's all yours and the others for awhile.

P.S. Ruff day so far, lots of questions.
    Oh dear. I'd offer to help if I actually visited more areas of the forum. And if I actually knew any answers instead of having a fluffy brain!
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited December 1969

oh. God, now we will have to help Barry with all his Carrara questions
    please mate, venture out of the new users forum into the Carrara forum
    Jacob has a "Carrara academy" thread you can join for safety and familiar faces (avatars)
    Andy/3dage drops in and is the most helpful Carrara CV ever.

at least unlike Maya, we can help, hoping Attic Anne will join in more too, I can only answer questions if asked!
    and you only learn by asking questions.

edited December 1969

Jacob has a "Carrara academy" thread you can join for safety and familiar faces (avatars)

at least unlike Maya, we can help, hoping Attic Anne will join in more too, I can only answer questions if asked!

I'm not enjoying Maya at all, because I don't feel comfortable asking anyone a question for fear that they will beat me to death with the snobbery stick. It will be a slower process learning that, because I will be doing it almost completely alone.

Carrara excites me more because I can learn with friends, and because it's got most of the stuff that Maya has, though differently I guess.

I've had Carrara 7 Pro for a while, and Carrara 6 Pro too, but never really used them much because I felt out of date! Now I can feel like I'm on the cutting edge right up until 8.5 is released!

Going to enjoy this. A lot.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

I'm not enjoying Maya at all, because I don't feel comfortable asking anyone a question for fear that they will beat me to death with the snobbery stick. It will be a slower process learning that, because I will be doing it almost completely alone.

Carrara excites me more because I can learn with friends, and because it's got most of the stuff that Maya has, though differently I guess.

I've had Carrara 7 Pro for a while, and Carrara 6 Pro too, but never really used them much because I felt out of date! Now I can feel like I'm on the cutting edge right up until 8.5 is released!

Going to enjoy this. A lot.

sorry to hear you give up on Maya
    was looking forward to you posting about it
    skull

edited December 1969

a lot of people stll use Carrara 7 pro, it is more stable in many ways.

edited December 1969

I also wanted to see what you could do in Maya
    not snobby, we just cannot afford it and want to see what all the fuss is about.

edited December 1969

Poser7 physics being annoying for me, all I wanted was m4 flopping on an operating table.

edited December 1969

Poser7 physics being annoying for me, all I wanted was m4 flopping on an operating table.

Do I want to know what you're doing to poor Mikey? lol

edited December 1969

lol! just getting the pz2 for him lying there with his chest cracked open and bleeding out while the two Genesis doctors argue.
    rendering in Carrara but spurting blood particles taking forever.
    that and the metaball blood over the internal organs.
    used M4 as it was just easier than a third Genesis, get lots of autofit errors with multiple ones unless I save them all seperately.
    he has his internal anatomy, a second M4 with musclemaps and a skeleton conformed, alpha map on chest and guts, vertex softselected stretch to pull chest open either side of alpha map to show innards and muscle tissue.
    I might have to lose the spurting blood as it will take too long to render.

edited December 1969

Are they arguing about who should be Surgeon of the Month? :D

edited December 1969

lol! just getting the pz2 for him lying there with his chest cracked open and bleeding out while the two Genesis doctors argue.
    rendering in Carrara but spurting blood particles taking forever.
    that and the metaball blood over the internal organs.
    used M4 as it was just easier than a third Genesis, get lots of autofit errors with multiple ones unless I save them all seperately.
    he has his internal anatomy, a second M4 with musclemaps and a skeleton conformed, alpha map on chest and guts, vertex softselected stretch to pull chest open either side of alpha map to show innards and muscle tissue.
    I might have to lose the spurting blood as it will take too long to render.
    WTF? You really going that far? Sounds Gruesome to the max, will you even be able to post that one to a site? I'm not a big fan of gore just because (Saw movies ect...) but I will need to see this. And I thought Hell Farm was effed up. You awesome in my book.
    edited December 1969

actually quite boring!
    he just lies there twitching slightly while they argue.
    the particles will make it if they are worth the time.

edited December 1969

I've had a horror scene/animation in mind since last Halloween. But I'm not that good at posing to set keyframes.

edited October 2012

I've had a horror scene/animation in mind since last Halloween. But I'm not that good at posing to set keyframes.
    Jacob I got DS just because I thought I wanted to do animation. I bought AniMate Plus when it was brand new and looked like it was the best way to go. I also bought LOADS of the AniBlocks to make it all easy to do. To this day I have not RENDERED one little animated file. I just do not have the skill needed to do a DANCE animation even with all the AniBlocks for Hip Hop and the other sets added together. I have no trouble seeing a still image in my mind but when I try to get things to move I just can not keep up with everything involved. Just getting V4 to walk down a hall is beyond my ability. I can get her to slide and glide and the camera to move without me wanting it to, but for the life of me I can not get close to Wendy or even the really cheap Saturday morning hand drawn stuff. It takes way more detail than I have the brains to do. I'm not saying this to discourage you, I'm saying it so you will get a BEE up your BUTT and prove your able to do it!

:coolgrin: :coolsmirk: :coolsmile: !!
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

first thing I tried when I opened studio was an animation.
    but I started 3D with iClone.
    I have been running around with a video camera and annoying evryone for over 20 years.
    video was the reason I got a computer.
    I DID have a darkroom and B&W developing equipment though so still photos interested me.

scubs_m5009.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    scubs_m5248.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M