A New Hope

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I do not expect those to last long, TOS. But I saw them, and wish to see the finished thing.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810
    edited October 2012

it is only blood, not the guts close up!
    anyway medical not violence ;-P

scubs_m5305.png
    1920 x 1080 - 996K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

LMAO!! You go girl!! I'm going to go hide from the Mod's now. Chohole carries a big stick and the others have just as bad a bite. :lol:
  • VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

Yeah, Jeff, I can do it. I'm n the same boat as you with the walking thing though But I think you can do it too. I just don't want to do it with aniblocks.

edited December 1969

I use aniblocks :red:

edited December 1969

I got walk designer for M4 and V4 during sales last month, but I only found the poses in my DS content tab. I've alspo been looking for some good landing/take-off motions for Eagle 2. Do you know of any?

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Thanks for wanting to see what I could bring out of Maya. I haven't given up, not by a long shot, but I am struggling with a lot of stuff, including the actual rendering! Everything seems to look far worse than it does in DS, so I'm clearly not using the right settings. The best render engine I've tried so far is 3Delight... Imagine the irony! But when I do some basic things like put trees on a surface, they only render in the Maya software engine. And I really want that Mentalray goodness!

Carrara is just different, it's familiar and I can play with friends.

It's the difference between going to the cinema alone or sitting in a comfy room with your mates and watching a DVD. Both are enjoyable, just differently.

edited December 1969

I just had the strangest thing happen. I posted three renders to my DA account. One user FAV'ed all of them as fast as I loaded them. Is there a Auto Mark feature I know nothing about on DA? I just thought that was odd, I had never seen this user before.

edited December 1969

I know what you mean, Barry. It reminds me of little girls and their Barbie dolls. :D

*shudder* Dolls can be creepy.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I just had the strangest thing happen. I posted three renders to my DA account. One user FAV'ed all of them as fast as I loaded them. Is there a Auto Mark feature I know nothing about on DA? I just thought that was odd, I had never seen this user before.

I just looked and I can't find any such feature. But you CAN hang around and look at the newest stuff, click on it, decide you like it and add it to faves, then go back to the new stuff and see your next one, almost as soon you post.

I only got faved by new people that kind of fave anything just because it's got a fave button!

edited December 1969

Got to be honest Wendy, I'm not sure what to make of the blood. It doesn't seem to look much like real blood, seems like he's shooting soft red balls out of his chest. Is there a more liquid feature in Carrara that would do the blood better, more of a flow than a ball-gun? I haven't checked out the features of Carrara yet so I don't fully know what she's capable of. Will be test driving her later.
    edited December 1969

You can make the particles look liquidy by increasing the number of particles per second and adjusting the velocity.

edited December 1969

You can make the particles look liquidy by increasing the number of particles per second and adjusting the velocity.

I'm assuming that would mean a massive increase in render time though if there are a lot more particles?
    edited December 1969

Well, I rendered a scene with, like, 24000 particles from two emitters. 48000 total. Didn't take long to render.

edited December 1969

I guess the time depends on your scene and render settings. Particles are mostly for animation, I think. But you CAN render a single frame.

edited October 2012

I guess the time depends on your scene and render settings. Particles are mostly for animation, I think. But you CAN render a single frame.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Can I use particles to simulate flames and explosions?

{edit} - Erm... I just opened Carrara and noticed that there's already a fire preset, so wouldn't need particles!

Post edited by BlumBlumShub on
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

oh. God, now we will have to help Barry with all his Carrara questions
    please mate, venture out of the new users forum into the Carrara forum
    Jacob has a "Carrara academy" thread you can join for safety and familiar faces (avatars)
    Andy/3dage drops in and is the most helpful Carrara CV ever.

at least unlike Maya, we can help, hoping Attic Anne will join in more too, I can only answer questions if asked!
    and you only learn by asking questions.

Postal holiday here yesterday, so no mail. I checked anyway just in case the mail lady forgot and had something to deliver to me. But she didn't, so I'll be wearing a path in the grass starting today.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Blum :)

The fire primitive comes in three different flavours,. Box, (default0 Cylinder, and sphere
    there's also a Fog primitive that's also available as Box, cylinder and sphere,.

they also have controls to animate them over time.

Any "object" in carrara can be used as a "particle" :)
    so, you could create a fire particle emitter, using the fire primitive as the particle.

particle_fire.jpg
    1257 x 810 - 228K
    edited December 1969

yes, my "blood" was just a plain shader, no refraction, reflection, transparency or anything, the render times would be horrendous.
    looks better animated but not in the one I uploaded!
    I posted a teaser where I accidently ticked freeze for the emiter so the blood spurts up then freezes looking like is does in the render.
    look at my Alien v Predator video, the kiss to see what particles CAN look like, and bear in mind it took 2 days to render THAT!!

Anne, I only posted it last week, Wednesday I think, Australia is on the other side of the World, downunder.
    and, they lose stuff on planes too! I had to give an insurance quote!! incase they lose it!!!
    (not saying they will %-P so don't panic!!!)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I managed to finish my first full render using Win7 and Bryce 7. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/658/P1425/#127353

Not too bad, methinkest.

edited December 1969

I posted the Lycan doing a full moon by that gate in another thread (had to wear a thong because of the TOS unfortunately)

edited December 1969

Ahhh the moon ring thingo, I haven't used that yet but it's in my runtime ready and waiting.

Nice render, Pam.

edited December 1969

I'm taking today off, I'm just going to let all this stuff flow over and through me today. No working on code, no arguing with figure set up, no envro prop set up and prop adding. Nothing, just kick back read threads, maybe answer a question here and there and let it all go today. No hard brain burning stuff will be messed with.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Days off like that are alwasy good. Even a few hours off, giving me time to do that render, was good, although I did do it in stages. Fix a bit, browse forums, fix another bit browse forums again. and so on. Probably why I didn't change the V4 pose, which is terrible

edited December 1969

I saw that Render Dear Lady. I thought it was way good, Then I do use lots of standard poses so I never really look that hard. It was what it was about that got me. Moon Gate... you so bad.

edited December 1969

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Can I use particles to simulate flames and explosions?

{edit} - Erm... I just opened Carrara and noticed that there's already a fire preset, so wouldn't need particles!

Yeah, you can blow up crap. I've seen some nice ones on thde Tube.

edited October 2012

Knock, knock. It's Klikk. Klikk Meyuno Yuwana.

But it ain't mine.

Post edited by VIArts on
    edited October 2012

I WANT THE WOODS!! Me, myself and I. I want to go SOOOO bad. Hunt, build a fire, cook. I want too SOO MUCH. I miss FREEDOM!

I'm ranting.. get over it...

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

nice find Jacob, I subscribed to him.

edited December 1969

I also found this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jprTszwTj5g

Barry MIGHT like it because...well...there's magic. :D